[Drama 2019-2020] Woman of 9.9 Billion, 99억의 여자

larus

November 29 2019

Teaser trailer #3 & character posters for KBS2 drama series “Woman of 9.9 Billion”

Woman_of_9_9_Billion-CP1.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 and 5 character posters added for KBS2 drama series “Woman of 9.9 Billion” starring Cho Yeo-Jeong & Kim Kang-Woo. The character posters are of Cho Yeo-Jeong as Jung Seo-Yeon, Kim Kang-Woo as Kang Tae-Wo, Jung Woong-In as Hong In-Pyo, Oh Na-Ra as Yoon Hee-Joo and Lee Ji-Hoon as Lee Jae-Hoon. Caption on Cho Yeo-Jeong’s character poster states in Korean “I am the one who decides either ruin or success.” Caption on Kim Kang-Woo’s poster states “The truth of that night! I will figure it out by myself.” Caption on Jung Woong-In’s character poster states “Hide well, I can see your hair.” Caption on Oh Na-Ra’s poster asks “You shouldn’t live like that. Are we friends?” Lastly, caption on Lee Ji-Hoon’s character posters states “From now on, we are accomplices.”

“Woman of 9.9 Billion” will first air December 4, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-character-posters-for-kbs2-drama-series-woman-of-9-9-billion

On 11/29/2019 at 6:02 AM, imgreatgal said:

Looks interesting. Can someone confirm the genre of this drama. I read somewhere that its Action, Comedy, Crime, Romance, from the plot synopsis it doesn't look like comedy. 

Suspence, mystery, drama, maybe romance too. Definetly is not a comedy or romantic comedy drama. But I won`t mind some comedic moments in all these tense moments. We`ll see.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Premiere Watch: 9.9 Billion Won Woman

by stroopwafel

premwatch_99billion-1.jpg

Time slot: Wednesday & Thursday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Suspense
Episode count: 32 episodes (35 minute episodes)

Jo Yeo-jung headlines as a woman who’s known no happiness or peace during her life. She turned to marriage to escape an abusive family, but the man she married (played by Jung Woong-in) turned out to be abusive as well. Jo Yeo-jung is just barely making it through each day when something happens that feels like a miracle to her: she lands 9.9 billion won in cash (roughly $9 million). But that windfall may lead to the road to perdition as it sets into play something that goes far beyond her. Jo wasn’t alone when she came into the cash, she was with her frenemy Oh Nara’s playboy husband, Lee Ji-hoon and they become secret co-conspirators. Though she’s spent her life being trampled and abused, the cash motivates her to fight for both the money and a better life. Though details aren’t clear yet, Jo also encounters disgraced cop Kim Kang-woo at his very lowest point. As he hunts for the truth behind his beloved sibling’s murder, the questions quickly pile up. Will everyone’s path merge at a junction of murder and money? Will greed win out over conscience? Will this Kim Kang-woo role be able to make us forget about Item?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/premiere-watch-9-9-billion-won-woman/

Jo Yeo Jeong And Kim Kang Woo Talk About Reuniting In New Drama After 7 Years

Dec 3, 2019
by S. Park

efee3ea12e454be6bca5a38e0d5e2d05.jpeg?s=

Jo Yeo Jeong and Kim Kang Woo shared thoughts on working together again in KBS 2TV’s newest drama “9.9 Billion Woman” (literal title).

This series is about a woman named Jung Seo Yeon (played by Jo Yeo Jeong) who lived a hopeless life before coming across a fortune of 9.9 billion won (approximately $8.4 million) in cash. After acquiring this wealth, she finds herself up against the world again as she fights to protect herself and the money.

For the drama, Jo Yeo Jeong and Kim Kang Woo reunited for the first time in seven years since last appearing in KBS 2TV’s 2012 drama “Haeundae Lovers” together.

“I’m working with Kim Kang Woo again after seven years,” Jo Yeo Jeong said. “Last time, we appeared in a romantic comedy. I decided to act in the drama with trust after hearing that actor Kim Kang Woo would be appearing in it. I rely on him a lot on set. He’s more reliable and I trust him even more seeing him after a while.”

Kim Kang Woo replied, “Time flies. I was so happy when I heard that Jo Yeo Jeong would be appearing in this drama. I wondered when we’d be able to work together again. She was like a young girl back then. She’s still like a young girl now, but she’s more mature and that’s how we express it among ourselves while filming. I’m having lots of fun filming.”

“9.9 Billion Woman” gained a lot of attention after it was reported that Jo Yeo Jeong would be appearing in the drama as her follow-up project to the award-winning film “Parasite.” As for the thoughts behind her decision, Jo Yeo Jeong explained, “I portrayed a bright, innocent, and silly housewife in the film, and I wanted to try a character who was the total opposite of her. It’s a life that’s difficult for me to imagine, and I wanted to try it. I hope that people who are feeling hopeless will gain a small amount of hope seeing the process of how you don’t get mentally better or happier just because you gain a large amount of money.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1369317wpp/jo-yeo-jeong-and-kim-kang-woo-talk-about-reuniting-in-new-drama-after-7-years

Sorry. I wanted to edit the previous comment but I posted a consecutive comment instead.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019-2020] Woman of 9.9 Billion, 99억의 여자 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

Jo Yeo Jeong And Kim Kang Woo’s New Drama “Woman Of 9.9 Billion” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings

Dec 5, 2019
by E. Cha

7203d9a9152c4c38a4aa9de2b8dc9d40.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s new drama “Woman of 9.9 Billion” is off to an impressive start!

“Woman of 9.9 Billion” is a new drama starring Jo Yeo Jeong as Jung Seo Yeon, a woman who unexpectedly finds herself in possession of 9.9 billion won (approximately $8.3 million) and must go up against the world as a result. Kim Kang Woo stars in the drama as Kang Tae Woo, a man who crosses paths with Jung Seo Yeon while searching for the truth behind his younger sibling’s death.

On December 4, “Woman of 9.9 Billion” premiered to even higher viewership ratings than its hit predecessor “When the Camellia Blooms,” the drama that previously occupied its time slot. According to Nielsen Korea, “Woman of 9.9 Billion” was the most-watched drama of the night, scoring average nationwide ratings of 7.2 percent and 8.7 percent for its first broadcast (“When the Camellia Blooms” premiered to average ratings of 6.3 percent and 7.4 percent back in September).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1369656wpp/jo-yeo-jeong-and-kim-kang-woos-new-drama-woman-of-9-9-billion-premieres-to-no-1-ratings

Wow...just wow. These characters have very messy relationships.

Spoiler

The main character seem to be regularly abused by her poor excuse for a husband. Meanwhile she’s having an affair with her friend’s husband. And as if that’s not enough, she watches the lead guy‘s brother die without even attempting to call 911 most likely because she wanted no trace to her since she intended to take the 9.9 billion that he left behind. If anything, I want to see her beat up or crush her husband. I can’t stand men who beat their wives. 

I was actually surprised that while her friend’s husband is a cheater, he objected to taking the money since it would be theft. He also wanted to call the ambulance and leave the money for the police to sort out. It was the main girl who convinced him to help and now they are accomplices together. 

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Wow...just wow. These characters have very messy relationships.

Reveal hidden contents

Ooo I am glad you're watching this too . I was quite intrigued with the 1st hour. It had everything right off the bat...affair, betrayal, abuse, gangs, money laundering, murder, theft....this is no drama for the faint hearted :lol:. Every character here is not exactly likeable from the start and there are indeed some crazy things going on that was pretty much amplified during the stay  at the villa...

Seo Yon is an intriguing character. Maybe it's the actress but I found myself drawn to her . I can see why she did not walk away from her husband as she was in  no position to do so financially,....statistically many women regardless of age , social and economic status often remain in abusive relationships because they lack self worth ( like how she tells her lover that she is uneducated and has nothing ) or they stay out  of fear.  SY for some reason ends up being involved in an affair with her best friend's husband who perhaps gives her the attention and respite from an abusive husband . Funnily though she does not seem like she wants to be in the affair as much as her lover  (maybe she does feel the guilt) but you get the sense that she's just going along with it because she's already at rock bottom . Seo Yon's husband is an awful man with split personalities .  I feel he takes out his failures on Seo Yon  and loses it when things don't go his way. Then he goes apologise but you know he's just going to repeat this abusive cycle.  I hope Seo Yon runs  from his ASAP.

The lover , Jae Hoon  is a womaniser - married the so called friend for her wealth but I think he could have also been well to do.  But unlike SY , money is not a priority now for him since he seems to be in control of his wealth ( he promises to help SY's husband just before the accident scene) . So I can see why he would not have  thought of taking the cash . But it is different for SY- she's already desperate and at the end of the rope...the money seem heaven sent :lol: . @Latte_Anyday she hesitated because his survival would mean she won’t be able to take the money. Interesting cuz at that moment it was self preservation ( since the money meant  a new lease of life for her ) vs saving someone else’s life . 

And finally we have our ex detective - Tae Woo.  So he was framed for bribery...but looks  he is being looked after by a gang leader.  Interesting friendship there. Gets caught in all this because the bro was delivering the money. I was surprised to see him find the money in her car in the preview. That’s quite fast & unexpected. 

Anyway be back with eps 2 thoughts shortly. Did you watch eps 2 @imgreatgal

Thanks @triplem just finished watching ep2.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

But unlike SY , money is not a priority now for him

If you have already watched ep2 you will find that JaeHoon wants the money as badly as SeoYeon does. HeeJu was given an envelope with a photo of JaeHoon with some woman. She hesitates before tearing it up and throwing it away. At the same time she sends her father (its believed to be in retaliation to that photo) to do some audit checking on her husband. Its no guess that he has been embezzling money from the company. 

JaeHoon is a slow thinker. He has been living an easy life compared to SeoYeon. The only reason he objected to taking the money at first was because he did not want to get into trouble or be in any kind of mess. I doubt that his intentions are noble. 

On another note, the night the money was transported there were at least 4 other vehicles aside from the one where TaeWoo's brother was in. TaeHyeon had the driver take a different route then the original planned route. He knew they would be killed after delivering the money. Where are the 4 cars and the people in them, the 4 cars could be carrying money too. I find Mr Seo suspicious. 

@triplem i find myself drawn to SeoYeon character too. I guess i'll stick to this drama only to find out SeoYeon's ending. 

@Latte_Anyday, yes I know the brother would die but it doesn’t change the fact that SY hesitated. I feel like this might become an issue later on. Also, I found it kind of disturbing as SY just stood there and watched him take his last few breath and equally disturbing how TW’s brother seem to realize that she wasn’t going to help him. *shudder*

@triplem, I do find SY fascinating. I remember she kept dreaming of drowning. I wondered if that was symbolic of her life and/or if it was because her husband would abuse her by dunking her head beneath water in the bath tub. It’s very hard for me to watch her just take this from her lousy failure of a husband. I hope one of these days she goes Jennifer Lopez’s Enough style on him or get someone to do it for her. However, she is indeed classic of abused woman. I thought after she stole the money that she would consider leaving him but he seems to be like a bind for her. I think she’ll wake up soon because I somehow feel the money will motivate her to take action. Honestly, she seems like a walking dead person otherwise. 

@imgreatgal, as to JH, I laughed when I realized he might be embezzling money. Crazy. Hee Jun’s father seemed to be a financially savvy person so I don’t know how he expect to get away with it. Anyway, now he’s definitely enamored by the stolen money and I wonder if eventually he will clash with SY over it. I have a feeling that some of these characters will end up dead or in prison over this money.

As to TW’s younger brother, he did indeed said they would be killed. I also don’t trust Mr. Seo. 

@imgreatgal I just got off eps 2 . You're right , Jae Hoon covets the money too but at the accident site , fear got to him first.  And now that he has been caught red handed by the FIL for embezzling money, he'll be even more desperate to have his hands on the cash.

He is most definitely someone SY needs to stay away from as well...yikes she is entangled with some really bad men ..her husband and her lover.  

Eps 2 was quite fast paced as well.  Tae Woo being a former detective is quick to catch on to things. For a moment when he was helping her to change her tires ,  I thought he may have been suspicious of her...for some reason I was nervous for her :lol:. But he really does know that something is fishy after speaking to the villa caretaker.  

I am looking forward to see how all this will unfold  ..... from the preview , she brought the money to the apartment of the photographer that she cleans for and the photographer comes back earlier than expected. 

@celebrianna I really want SY to leave the husband but my fear is that he will likely find out about the money and he will never let her go even if she tries to escape or leave him.

Archived