[Drama 2019-2020] Woman of 9.9 Billion, 99억의 여자

larus

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I think Leon's only plan is a revenge against HJ.  

Yes, everyone knows Leon's return is to take revenge against HJ and make use of SY....this will be like any cliche story plots.... but what if...Leon falls for SY and is willing to invest on her with large fund, and that will be the greatest opportunity for her to become a capable woman. Why I said it was a good plot/good start on yesterday ep was because letting SY to learn how to deploy money by investing is a smarter way, rather than kept revolving and finding the 9.9 billion missing money issue. I prefer to have a positive path for SY to grow to become a smart woman later on, and this is really what I want to see in this drama. From a despair woman turn into a new leaf...

I wish the writer could tell us more or using SY as a stereotype example Where should our money invest? Besides investing Stocks,Bonds,Gold, Real estate property, is the money lending business the most profitable business model? I am sure once SY covered her basic needs and solved Ms Jang medical fees, (basic needs come first before we can move up to next level as per maslow's hierarchy of needs)...it is time to lay the groundwork and plan for her financial empire. These are the behaviors that will not only help build a great life and financial independence, but also help her to fund her favorite charities organisation.

About taking responsibility for the death of YuMirRa, she can only redeem herself by doing more good deeds such as doing donation or charity work.  This will make SY to live her life more meaningful one. :) 

Do remember guilt can either hold you back from growing or it can show you what you need to shift in your life......:)

SY is one determined lady, I think she wl work hard to help invest n get her 59% share cleanly.

HJ looks down on SY openly. Finale cld well be HJ became penniless and Foundation taken over by SY?? Mayb due to loan default (taken by HJ's hubby)?

Hubby will land in jail.. for murdering Mira. SY's husband and Leon will kill each other.

Wow, my head keeps spinning over this drama. Very nice episodes.

Who would’ve thought that the clueless husband of HJ would be the one to see Daniel Kim as Leon (psycho hubby doesn’t count.) Looks like he will either get killed by Leon or go to jail later on over bad investment.

Is the next episode going to start with a big well-choreographed fight scene between KTW and SMG? Or SMG stabbing KTW and telling him identity of Leon, which prompts an injured KTW to call SY to warn her?

Leon is underwhelming as a villain - considering more than half the serial was spent in getting people scared of even the idea of him. (He should make SY and LJH his hostage so that both KTW and HJ come and rescue them. Trying to kill 4 birds with one stone kind of thing.)

The whole Tahiti thing, to me, has sounded like SY trying to ‘get away from it all’ because she never had peace (stability, money and happiness) in her life. So I don’t think anyone should go to Tahiti. My ideal ending would be TW getting his police job back, SY continuing the money lending business and both enjoying the sea at Incheon on a boat. The writers can even show her pregnant to show her life is complete. I don’t want her to escape for a better life when everything is right there and she is working hard to make money the legal way, plus her tough exterior is melting (who’s the black jacket for?) And KTW deserves to be more than a muscle man / bodyguard / bouncer for her or anyone else.

Loved HJ and SY’s verbal sparring and simultaneous care for each other, the dysfunctional sisterhood continues.

I had hoped KTW, SY, HJ get together to trap and beat Leon, but with 2 episodes left, I don’t know what can be squeezed in. I want SY to give up whatever billion/ million she gets from Leon to HJ so that HJ can get financially stable (kind of like helping HJ out and paying her moral debt), riding off into the sunset with TW.

Loved KTW’s heart-on-his-sleeve proposal, emotional collapse and tearing up the ticket. Good that he’s back to punching people, I was missing it. I wish he’d have been the first one to find out about Leon, but looks like in this drama, KTW is a follower, not leader. Btw, it’s his turn to tell SY what her brother BSJ said to him while dying.

Psycho hubby and his knife! And he tried to get KTW killed by Leon’s men! I think in the end, he and SY will go down fighting in some pool of water, where one will drown and SY will come up alive. Maybe it will happen in Tahiti when all else is settled?! (they should make sure he really, really is dead, and not carrying any oxygen mask or tea cup to breathe from.)

It's cool that directors/writers have been able to keep the momentum even this late in the game. Nice jerky camera to show unsettled feelings or actions. 

16 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

PS : TW's love confession was the saddest one in this EP.  But SY confession led to solidify that she chose the money over saving his brother, she could have explained even further to him, but it was her guilt that killed her because she had a moment of hesitation to call the ambulance that night. :tears:

I liked that she tried to hold on to him. Makes it all more tragic and delicious (at least for my sick mind haha)

I think that scene gave us some more insight. She clearly feels guilty about her decision. She chose money over his brother's life. Yes of course.. he was dead anyway and there was nothing she could do. But that's not how guilt works. And it's mostly about her making that immoral decision that she can't forgive herself. Now she feels like she has to get those 9.9 billion won so it wasn't all for nothing that she chose this path. That's why she is so obsessed with that sum of money.

I thought a bit about how it could go down now that he tore the tickets apart. There was that possible foreshadowing about SY telling HJ that she will host those kinds of parties in one year and she will invite her. HJ is ultimately going to take that credit from SY or maybe Jaehoon somehow does it in secret. Leon obvisously scams them and wants to ruin them and because of the loan securities the foundation ends up with SY. She becomes the new chairwoman of the foundation, is hosting all kinds of parties and stuff. She invites HJ that year later. But then she realizes it's all shallows and gets on the plane.

I guess they stlil have to get rid of Leon at some point. I admit my ideas are still in progress :D 

I had to laugh out loud when i saw Hong In-Pyo's blackmail letter :D

But we have to give him some props. He nearly killed that super gangster noone even knows how he looks like. He digs himself out of a 2-3m deep grave. And i agree with what someone here wrote earlier. I would have loved if TW was this nifty guy sneaking around with all the surveillance and gadgets instead of the 0815 tough guy who beats people up. Although this tough guy type works really well for the emotional scenes here.

Now i gotta watch todays episode.

I will talked what I liked about the episode 13 (25&26).

My favorite scene was when Tae Woo told Seo yeon that he brought a ticket to Tahiti too and he confess indirectly. He was so sweet talking how he doesn`t want to let her go alone. She was touched and I think in other circumstances she would have accepted to go with him.  I am glad Seo yeon told him the truth about seeing his brother alive. 

I also liked how Tae Woo realised that Seo Min-Gyu is Leon`s man and that he stills looks for his boss.

It was not nice that Hee Joo looked down on Seo Yeon on some occasions but that is not an excuse to betray her friend having an affair with her husband.  I would have smacked her face if I was Hee Joo.  I liked that Seo Yeon and Hee Joo are in a complicated relationship but they still care for each other. Seo Yeon wanted to call her after she saw that Hee Ju`s dad was investigated/ about to be arrested. I hope they will colaborate to catch Leon, along with Tae woo.

I recognized right away the dress that Hee Joo was wearing at the party. It was the same brown velvet dress that Song Yoona wore at SBS Drama Awards in 2018. 

Spoiler

I don`t have a picture with the whole dress

6b4a69a578761a949a161e930157e5399b4f29c1

songyoonah1-1546266308823868954632.jpg

7 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

but what if...Leon falls for SY and is willing to invest on her with large fund, and that will be the greatest opportunity for her to become a capable woman. Why I said it was a good plot/good start on yesterday ep was because letting SY to learn how to deploy money by investing is a smarter way, rather than kept revolving and finding the 9.9 billion

That would be an interesting twist but I don't see it happening as we only have 2/4 episodes ( not counting last night's episode which I've still to watch) left. And I what can Leon teach her except swindling.

58 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

That would be an interesting twist but I don't see it happening as we only have 2/4 episodes ( not counting last night's episode which I've still to watch) left. And I what can Leon teach her except swindling.

This Leon twist isn't playing out well....biggest problem would be he was introduced too late into the game...he isn't connecting with our main four or five characters well...he was sold as a super villain and Jae Hoon figured his identity, the dumbest guy out of main 5 people....him toying with all five could have been an interesting thing to watch especially him pushing at So Yeon's greed to see how far she can be driven.... that way...anyway so the way I see it....Leon kills Jae Hoon, In Pyo and Leon kill each other or Hee Ju kills atleast one of them....Hee Ju stays in Seoul and Tae Woo and So Yeon decide to leave together...old lady dies peacefully

Am I the only one sad the ship to Tahiti ain’t gonna sail ? :joy:

Wednesday’s eps was good . The plot finally progressed from all the money chasing , and the drama entered its final phase - which to me is the ultimate showdown btwn Leon & Hee Ju, and Tae Woo getting justice . But what I still don’t get is what the drama intends to do with SY. 
Maybe it’s just me , I think one of the mini  grouses I have with SY’s characterisation is that it has remained rather static. I root for her , I still do but the only thing I hv seen is that she’s had a hard life & this money is her new life line which is why she’s not willing to give it up . I get it . Poverty , the lack of money is a problem . But I just wanted a bit more - as in I wished we had more time to see her remove those walls she’s built especially when she was around TW . Maybe by eps 13 I wanted her to be a lot sharper than to trust someone like Leon or Daniel Kim. Alarm bells should be ringing that no investor in his right mind would entrust a novice to manage 10million dollars out of being indebted . She really needs to take HJ’s advice to heart - there is no free lunch & nothing is a coincidence when the stakes are so high . 

While I do not get Leon’s charms ( to each his own eh ) , I do think he’s quite a strategic thinker making him an interesting villain . What he understands very well is people’s greed & ambitions , which is why he could get to both SY and Jae Hoon ( this guy is really a fool ) . I have yet to watch Thursday‘s eps but I saw the ending cut for it. I thought it ironic that both SY & TJ who were the 1st to steal the money , are both sitting together in the lion’s den . Both not even realising who this DK is ;) ( though I read above , that at the end JH caught on to his real identity) 

I want to share my view about HJ's husband  (Lee Jae-Hoon) when many viewers seen him as "rubbish" or "useless" man so far.

His written character was a wretched one in this drama - easily manipulated by others, boastful, panic, childish and self inferior personalities. Wanted to prove himself as a capable man but not in the eyes of his wife. Even when he confronted TW at the corridor way, TW was speechless when looked at him...:w00t:

This couple has issue that need to be solved long ago...because of his weaknesses shown in this drama, it emplified the wife's capability and leadership strength. The more weaknesses he shown, the stronger the wife will display.

As mentioned in my comment on other forum, man needs to prove his capability in order to stay pride and remain his high status in the family. To feel needed by his woman or in the family is an essential element for a man. Generally, if emotional needs go unmet for too long, one or both partners will start to seek fulfillment (comfort) elsewhere. This is how many affairs start. I think that's why he found SY as a comfort replacement (an affair) when he saw SY has the same situation as him. Ongoing disrespect will eventually destroy the relationship, but luckily, the wife had tried to improve on their relationship by giving him a high title and responsibility to manage the company foundation. It’s important to make a partner feel valued and accepted. However, due to the high pride of his wife refused to accept the lending money from SY, JH went over to Leon side without knowing his true identity....it may be too late to find out now based on the ending of today EP...but it was an exciting plot...

Will Lee Jae-Hoon die eventually, i am not sure, but I pity him in today EP.  He was the one who love his daughter and tried to prove himself as a good husband to his wife. He even kneel down (lower his pride) to beg for Leon help. Once again, since primitive days,  man needs to prove himself for what? His capability to protect his woman and family. :)

So far I enjoyed this drama,  I am truly sad that it's coming to an end! i hope it will extend few more EP because the war strategy between Leon and the rest just started not too long ago :D

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

I do think he’s quite a strategic thinker making him an interesting villain . What he understands very well is people’s greed & ambitions , which is why he could get to both SY and Jae Hoon ( this guy is really a fool ) . I have yet to watch Thursday‘s eps but I saw the ending cut for it. I thought it ironic that both SY & TJ who were the 1st to steal the money , are both sitting together in the lion’s den . Both not even realising who this DK is ;) ( though I read above , that at the end JH caught on to his real identity) 

Yes totally agreed. He was a strategic thinker and making use of people weaknesses to play around with them and pull them together under his trap. It was truly ironic to see the two thieves sitting together toasting in front of the original money owner (Leon)...The writer was so smart, a big merry-go-round...now the next one is musical chair, who will be the final one who sit on the last chair....my guess may be SY. (it will sync with title, woman of 9.9billion) :D

Omg no preview for next week! :scream:

Just finished EP 27-28:

The cliffhanger was intense. I thought Jae Hun was going to get attacked right then and there. Leon was more scary when he was unknown due to the mysterious factor and when the drama had the early violent/bloody scenes. He's still somewhat intimidating, just his friendly/smiley mask is normalizing his look. Idk. ^^;

It's mystifying, but hilarious that In Pyo saved his own butt again. I thought he was going to be a goner until he revealed his backup plan. 

I continue to feel for Hee Ju. I really like her talks with Tae Woo. This week's episodes were better with the writing and character depth. There was a cohesiveness and a good build-up as characters learned that Leon was still alive and then to Jae Hun learning who Leon is.

----------

@lebeaucouple Thanks for sharing your view! I tried to quote your post and insert it here, but I failed. Hee Ju's and Jae Hun's relationship was on focus this week. I like that you mentioned how he was showing his weaknesses contrasting with her showing her strengths.

Jae Hun was so frustrating in the first half, but I did feel a little bad for him after seeing him with his daughter and him wanting some time away from Hee Ju. So many things she had said to him sounded like she was speaking to a child. Yes, he was acting like one too. I can feel his sincerity though. He was trying hard to solve the problem for his wife, giving up his pride when he has nothing else to give. Certainly different from his character in the beginning.

I realized that these two truly love each other. However, they have to fix their problems with communication and trust in order to save their relationship.

All caught up!

I think we've all established that this is a rather insane piece of theatre. A farce in its most technical sense. A piece of theatre within a theatre as it turns out to be also. The plot is also ridiculously messy but there are aspects of it that work well and so one is inclined to be forgiving about the absurdities.

The show has improved for me since Leon decided to surface and hide in plain sight. Thank God SY has decided to make money in less ridiculous fashion. It's all still dodgy but at least I'm wholly entertained. Things feel to be moving at least.

A pity about the half brother. I wish we had more of him. Another good looking middle-aged actor to add to my expanding collection of nice looking middle-aged actors.

My guilty pleasure presently is the reverse harem. Kind of. Sort of. The billion won lady and her men. One wants to use her as a pawn in a chess game, one wants to control her and the third is in love with her. I'm not sure that Daniel Kim is enamoured with her as he is intrigued and amused by her unpredictable way of speaking. But of course she's a useful tool.

Perhaps I'm in a drunken Chocolate stupor at the moment but the romance is by far my favourite part of the drama. A surprise to me as much as anyone. It is highly unnecessary except as part of some kind of personal ultimatum but I love it. Why? Because it is one of the few things about the show that actually feels real. In a show that is completely off-the-wall, the romance is actually realistically challenging. Usually in K dramas, it's the other way around. This is a romance that shouldn't and can't happen.... and the show actually takes the trouble to demonstrate why. Two people who like each other a lot but with differing goals. And it's nicely angst ridden. Still I kind of root for them... which doesn't mean I condone adultery. I hope they work it out, wear matching jackets and even make it to Tahiti. Before that happens I hope the husband dies by drowning under a lot of cold, preferably freezing water.

You can sort of see why too why the pairing are attracted to each other. They're both fairly obsessive, driven types. Broken but nice. Self-aware. TW needs someone to look after... that's his natural impulse. SY needs someone who doesn't want anything from her. Someone who will care for her and ask for nothing in return except commitment to the relationship. Call me nuts, but I love the angst between them because I can really see that they like each other a lot... although not enough to run away together.

The problem with HJ is that everything was handed to her on a silver platter. I'm not saying she wasn't groomed to be the heir of the foundation or that she lacks the brain power to manage it. Far from it. She's highly intelligent and is fully aware of what is at stake better than most. But HJ doesn't understand her husband or SY because she's never really felt desperation. She thinks she can poke around in their heads but the truth is, she's never hit rock bottom (until now perhaps). Honestly I don't understand what a woman of her intelligence saw in JH in the first place. Was it some kind of rebellion against her upbringing? Possibly. Being wealthy insulates/cocoons a person from certain realities and hardships. Sure she has to deal with her husband's adultery but what's that compared to those who can barely make ends meet.

JH is ever eager to prove himself and that gets him into all kinds of strife even when his motivation to act comes from an altruistic place. The sad thing is that he really wants to prove that he's not just someone who married for money but he's not especially wise about it.

With regards to SY, I think it's more than greed that's going on. Like JH, I think she wants to prove something to herself and others that she's more than just a formerly abused, housewife who did some cleaning on the side. On the one hand, she's aspirational which is admirable but the desperation to make her mark could be her undoing.  

Daniel Kim sure knows how to push their buttons but I imagine a man in his position didn't get to where he is right now if he couldn't even do that. There are plenty of people who are greedy, ambitious and impatient for success so he certainly has a lot to choose from.

SeoMinGyu should have already kill InPyo when he was ordered to do so by Leon. Why need to tie him to a chair? Torture him? Either Leon isn't as anxious about people finding out his identity as we were made to believe or SMG had other ideas. They even kept MrJo alive. Not that I like the psycho hubs, I'm impressed by his guts and innovative way of going about getting what he thinks belongs to him - the money. I can't wait to find out what his next course of action would be now that he knows Leon is after his head. Well at least his actions isn't as stale as SY.

I don't understand the whole investment thing and what SY is planning. Its sounds like money lending to me. She lends HJ money which is actually Leon's through Dogeyong. SY will collect the collateral if HJ fails to payback at the stipulated time. I can't figure where Leon is trying to scam HJ here. 

@triplemlike you I'm still rooting for SY no matter how frustrated I'm with her now and I think there is still hope for the ship to sail to Tahiti. You may have noticed that she bought 2 puffer jackets:D

TBH this drama doesn't really fit my expectation. The Leon storyline and stuff. A stranger wants to give large sum of money to invest, for an ordinary woman with no business background just because she saved his life. How In Pyo did very professional with tracking device, escaping, blackmailing Leon. You have friend like Kim Seok with jenius hacking skill. 

11 hours ago, triplem said:

Am I the only one sad the ship to Tahiti ain’t gonna sail ? 

I want to see them going to Tahiti as well. Not to live there but to have a vacation. If not, they could stay in Seoul, going out on a date with their new jackets. :D

I believed Leon will kill Jae-Hoon soon. Of course, he won`t have a chance to announced what he knows.

When Seo yeon will put pieces together and realise on her own who is the real Leon? It is so obvious that the man they are looking for so long is him.

Hong In Pyo was a luckly guy but I think he will die at the end of this show. Seo Yeon won`t need his signature for the divorce.

I hope Hee Joo will be alright. I think she will be fine.

I am ready for the conclusion. I don`t want to see an extention.

I actually think Jae Hoon might not die. Even Mr.Jo is kept alive, so for the sake of Yuri, I really hope Jae Hoon will stay alive. He should be able to lie his way out from Leon since we’ve seen how good he is lying about his affairs, except that Hee Joo is smarter than him. His condition (mood) was not very good already when drinking, so Leon catching up to him might just be a misleading cliffhanger. Jae Hoon might just make an excuse that he is feeling miserable and uneasy leaving Hee Joo, then Leon advised him to go back, since his ultimate target is Hee Joo. Hopefully after all this is over, Jae Hoon would be humbled and become a changed person. Maybe even confessing to his order of murder. 

As for the husband, although he impressed me with his unexpected skills and brain, I don’t really care what happened to him as I don’t see any redemption possible for his arrogance. 

Tahiti ~ here we come!!! (in my dreams) but wait, why do we need puffer jacket to go there?

34 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I actually think Jae Hoon might not die.  His condition (mood) was not very good already when drinking, so Leon catching up to him might just be a misleading cliffhanger.

I don`t think Leon has figured out that Jae Hoon knows who he is, yet. He was preocupided talking to Seo yeon and I don`t think he noticed that Jae hoon saw the wine bottle. I also think that Leon putting his hand to Jae hoon`s sholder is a misleading cliffhanger  but I was worried seeing Jae Hoon so distraught. But you are right. He was a little drunk and he has experience to lying and I hope he knows to hide his emotion in front of Leon too. It is important what he will do after that too. Also, usually the writer kill a main character in the last day.

44 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Tahiti ~ here we come!!! (in my dreams) but wait, why do we need puffer jacket to go there?

The jackets are the backup plan, to go skiing in South Korea ;)

1 hour ago, larus said:

I don`t think Leon has figured out that Jae Hoon knows who he is, yet. He was preocupided talking to Seo yeon and I don`t think he noticed that Jae hoon saw the wine bottle. I also think that Leon putting his hand to Jae hoon`s sholder is a misleading cliffhanger  but I was worried seeing Jae Hoon so distraught. But you are right. He was a little drunk and he has experience to lying and I hope he knows to hide his emotion in front of Leon too. It is important what he will do after that too. Also, usually the writer kill a main character in the last day.

The jackets are the backup plan, to go skiing in South Korea ;)

Casa Del Zorro made me laugh out so loud....Leon...this guy is into branding

Random thoughts on ep 14: 

I hate Hong In pyo. I just purely hate him. I am writing this as i am watching his scenes. When he was tied to that chair i was screaming at tv like "kill him, kill him now! ". And he didnt die. Again. 

And also, doesnt halmoni has a lock on his door? Anyone can enter as pleases.. And that scum Hong In pyo enters.

God i hate him. 

Archived