[Drama 2019-2020] Woman of 9.9 Billion, 99억의 여자

larus

1 hour ago, monalisa said:

If Taewoo knows about the loot and not report it, he is an accomplice too.

Yes, he is. But I don`t want that money back to gansters or to the corrupt cops. Tae Woo doesn`t care about ethics now. He just wants to know more about his brother. There are more questions who need answers.   It is in his interest to be close to the gansters and to the money. Who knows who will want that money from themselves.

I am curious who framed Tae Woo and why? Is that ex-colleague involved?

Another question. Why there were 9.9 billions in the car? It was supposted to be ten billions won/dollars. 

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished all the episodes for this dramatic drama. I happen to love the leading actress. She picks good roles. I am eager for her to keep the money and get away with it. I have a feeling it will be like Thelma and Louise with that old lady. 

9 minutes ago, larus said:

Another question. Why there were 9.9 billions in the car? It was supposed to be ten billions won/dollars. 

I mentioned on my earlier post (on page 5) that the missing of 100k could be likely taken by his own brother who died on the spot during the car crash. The key which held by SY had returned to TW on the last EP. But the story had not reveal about the key access to where? So let's see the upcoming one...there should be more unfold answers for us...

5 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

I mentioned on my earlier post (on page 5) that the missing of 100k could be likely taken by his own brother who died on the spot during the car crash. The key which held by SY had returned to TW on the last EP. But the story had not reveal about the key access to where? So let's see the upcoming one...there should be more unfold answers for us...

But when his brother took the money? If there will be money in a locker I would not be surprised but I want to know more about  the route followed by the car that night. Is was mentioned that they took an odd route. It was the longest way to arrive to destination. I want to know , just like Tae Woo, what his brother was doing there with the gansters and what was the car destination. 

Haha, yes.......there are many questions in mind at this point of time, as we are only at EP4, I am sure there will be more revealing in the upcoming EP using onion peering technique, isn't it why we are here to hook on this amazing story that drive us completely mesmerizing. :w00t::lol::D

11 hours ago, larus said:

Seo Yeon was right when she said that they need to lean the money before use them but Jae Hoon`s greed put both of them in danger. It is good that Tae Woo is on Seo yeon`s side right now. He not only saved her life, he will be a buffer between her and gansters.

I’m waiting for the chicken to come home to roost for JH. He totally disregarded SY’s warning not to use the money as if he knew better. I imagine he’ll go crazy next week when he discovers she took the money. He already has no loyalty except to himself so I wouldn’t be surprised if he betrays SY if the gangsters come looking for him. He’s already dealing with strange folks so he’ll most likely try his best to find SY first.

While TW isn’t interested in the money, I imagine he’ll eventually help SY only if it’s necessary. He already told her that money is bad news and I understand his aversion since dirty money was used to destroy his reputation and career as an officer. Not to mention the thugs keep invading his private space on a daily basis to see if he found any leads. 

14 hours ago, celebrianna said:

He already has no loyalty except to himself so I wouldn’t be surprised if he betrays SY if the gangsters come looking for him.

I would not be surprised either. I expect the worst of him.

He is so greedy and selfish, he did not even realize that people will asked from where he has the money. His wife and his father in law already were curious and asked him. Gansters won`t just ask, they will know.

I believe the wife knew that he will have problem with money and he will have a deficit when the audit will conduct an inspection. She wanted to keep him in control and punish him. She and his father were surpised that he came with the money so quickly.

Lee Jae-Hoon, using the money without thinking, made a very bad move. Where was his brain? Anyone knows that someone will asked for that moeny. If he used money that he did not usually have, plus he lived close to the accident site,  it was like saying out loud: I took the money!!! Dumb.

Oh Na Ra And Jung Woong In Have A War Of Nerves + Gil Hae Yeon Becomes Jo Yeo Jeong’s Mentor In “Woman Of 9.9 Billion”

Dec 16, 2019
by L. Kim
057022ea805b47c89145efd1ed991652.jpeg?s=

Woman of 9.9 Billion” has released new stills ahead of this week’s episodes!

This series is about a woman named Jung Seo Yeon (played by Jo Yeo Jeong) who lived a hopeless life before coming across a fortune of 9.9 billion won (approximately $8.4 million) in cash. After acquiring this wealth, she finds herself up against the world again as she fights to protect herself and the money.

Spoiler

In the first set of stills, Hong In Pyo (Jung Woong In) and Yoon Hee Joo (Oh Na Ra) are having a suspicious meeting. Hong In Pyo, who began searching for the whereabouts of Jung Seo Yeon who disappeared in the previous episode, visited the Unam Foundation for the first time. Viewers are curious about why he visited Yoon Hee Joo and what kind of conversation they are having. Judging from the unsettling expressions of Hong In Pyo and Yoon Hee Joo, they are up to no good. 

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1371848wpp/oh-na-ra-and-jung-woong-in-have-a-war-of-nerves-gil-hae-yeon-becomes-jo-yeo-jeongs-mentor-in-woman-of-9-9-billion

On 12/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, celebrianna said:

@sksen, it’s the “love of” money that is the root of evil and not money itself which is a useful tool. Jae Hoon is an example of the former. 

The preview looks promising. I hope SY is ready to fight. I can’t imagine that she will get to keep the money in the end but I like hearing her determination not to be stepped on anymore. I hope she wise up now with the help of potty mouth grandma. 

I too doubt she’ll get to keep the money at the end , but I like how the money gave her that new lease in life . It certainly changed her perspective about having no  hope . 

Why am I so excited at the prospects of her laundering money ? :joy:

BTS

OST 1

Fan cam taken of filming 

Spoiler

LJH reminding viewers to watch

Spoiler

Today EP, ML could have done something smarter, before caught by the thugs.

Since he was aware someone was tailing him earlier on, he could have taken the picture  of those photos in the envelope via phone and sent to his cloud storage kept as evidence and put the mini recorder device, or thumb drive (?) to somewhere else, or put it back to the locker first as temporary solution. The FL was too weak or too slow in action at the lift scene, she could have done something better to protect herself when she knew well of her psychopath husband, but having said that, I know there won't be any exciting plots in this EP :w00t::lol:

I am exciting to know how they both escape their seemingly inescapable moral and emotional burden :D.....story getting intense... 

3 hours ago, sksen said:

Just finished episode 5 with sub...This show is still good...not sure why not many people like it.

This drama had surpassed rating 10, it hits 11.3% on 2nd week...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1371066wpp/woman-99-billion-surpasses-10-percent-in-ratings-in-second-week

"Until now i've been stepped on, from now on i want to step on them' duh! i'm truly disappointed in SY. Apparently the phrase doesn't apply to her husband. When it comes to him she goes numb duh!  She should have run for dear life when husband was struggling with DaeYong.  Now I can't believe it when she told TW that her husband must have given up on her after she left the divorce papers. duh! now she's back with the psycho.

I thought TW would have been more careful after his concern over SY not being mindful of her husband and the fact that he knew those guys were tailing him. He was as reckless as 3 years ago when he got his friend kill. Now he lost the evidence that his brother worked so hard to get. 

As it is now too many people know about the money. The psycho husband, the old woman and black bear.  I don't know if the old woman can really be trusted. DaeYong doesn't look too happy when SY mentions her name.  Now i'm thinking SY should have just taken enough money and slowly plan her getaway. Was it greed? I believed the old woman got greedy too when she said that she got blindsided by someone with a lot of power.

Anyway i like the old woman's phrase "money can't be owned by anyone, those who spend it is the winner".

“Woman Of 9.9 Billion” Holds On To Top Spot In Viewership Ratings

Dec 19, 2019
by C. Hong

d18b08486ab344ac86982602895742b7.jpeg?s=

KBS’s “Woman of 9.9 Billion” has kept its spot as the most-watched drama of its time slot for another consecutive week.

The drama premiered two weeks ago at the top of its time slot, with higher premiere ratings than its predecessor, “When the Camellia Blooms.” In only its second week, it passed the coveted 10 percent mark in ratings with 11.3 percent.

The ratings for the December 18 episode, a nationwide average of 8.9 and 9.9 percent, showed a small increase from the last episode (7.8 and 9.3 percent).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1372364wpp/woman-of-9-9-billion-holds-on-to-top-spot-in-viewership-ratings

3 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Anyway i like the old woman's phrase "money can't be owned by anyone, those who spend it is the winner".

I like that phrase too.  Also the part about how a penny doesn’t change into a dime.  I learn something new each day . :lol:

Managed to catch the 1st half & I always wonders why her friend keeps the sleazy husband around .  But I definitely laughed my head off when he discovered the money is gone.  

However , I wish she had cancelled her phone line or something...I mean the silly ex lover just told psycho husband everything.  Urgh I worry now for her life especially looking at this preview 

what's the background of the old woman ? I only know that she is someone whom SY cleans the house for, and her house is to be claimed by creditors soon meaning she is in debt. Why is SY seeking her help for money laundry ? Is she some kind of ex gang leader ?

1 hour ago, pixiebelle said:

what's the background of the old woman ? I only know that she is someone whom SY cleans the house for, and her house is to be claimed by creditors soon meaning she is in debt. Why is SY seeking her help for money laundry ? Is she some kind of ex gang leader ?

She used to run a money exchange shop ( money changer ) in Myeongdong for years & would hv dealt with a lot illegal money . Did you see the safes she had in her house ? It was crazy. You can see it in the 1st half  of the episode 

The characters in particular make some really bad choices. In particular Seo Yeon & now her stupidity has infected Tae Woo it seems.:rolleyes: Just why did she freeze when the taser was right there I wonder??!!:crazy: And why the heck didn't she run out of the elevator or shut the doors for goodness sakes!? OY, I was so frustrated it was unhealthy LoL.:P

Tae Woo's suppose to be a seasoned detective and yet he ran out with the envelope in full view for the thugs to see.:unamused: He could've concealed the flash drive elsewhere (is it too much to hope LoL?) But nope.  

Archived