[Drama 2019-2020] Woman of 9.9 Billion, 99억의 여자

larus

@triplem, after seeing the trailer that you posted on here, I have no doubt that the lousy husband will find out about the money. Regarding SY not being able to have a child anymore, I feel like something happened through her husband’s abuse. I suppose there are things yet to be revealed about her past and I looking forward to the day she will gain her freedom away from him.

As to SY and TW, I can’t see how they will end up on the same side yet. I do wonder if his frame up will figure into this case somehow since it keeps getting mentioned. 

About Hee Jun, she knows that her husband had several affairs. I kind of find it interesting that although she tries to give the impression of nonchalance, it’s clear that she’s afraid of knowing more especially when she contemplated opening that envelope for what seems like a lengthy time. Ultimately she must be afraid to confirm the truth and put a face to the “other” woman. She did say that her father was against the marriage and she won him over so now it seems that she doesn’t want to acknowledge that her father was right about her choice.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so I'm done with the first two episodes.  It's interesting enough for me to check next week's episode. Just to see satisfaction have that abusive husband in the gutter and dead.  It's always sad for women who canniot have children. What happened with her.. maybe due to the abuse she suffered. The husband blaming her for losing the baby. He's likely going to find the money..... she'll suffer more. The lover,  also need money.. but he's ot as desperate but the situation bind them together.

Edit:  I forgot to ask.. did the wife find out  what's inside the envelope? It's her husband and friend.. the fe male lead in the Hotel Sapphire.  I think she knew already about them... or least was suspecting. 

I can actually do away with the  9.9 billion .. and just have have a focus on the wife, the lover, the husband, the  marriage, infidelity,  the abuse,  trying to conceive. But.. this is not your daily drama.  I admit I didn't actually read the plot for this one but I got interested as  I saw ep 2 ( 30 mins format so it's 3 & 4 on KBS )

@jongski, I somehow feel that Hee Jun knows or suspects who he is having an affair with but then at times I think she doesn’t know who it is. Somehow the way she spoke at the lakeside to SY I got the impression that she might know but then at other moments I think she doesn’t exactly know it’s her friend.

Wow just wow. I can´t belive they just left that injured person to die... Here in my country they would be legally punished for not helping him. the law state everyone person that comes over car accident have duty to help. That is why when we get driving license we have first aid course where we learn what to do if we ever gonna meet an accident. SO for this reason I feel sick seeing them care more for the money than help that person. To me it is not a situation to talk about what to do. You just help a fellow human that need help. I really hope TW give them hell. I mean maybe he could have survived if they have called the ambulance right away. That is the why we have this law so it gives bigger change for survival as they get help fast.  

Why did Seo Yeon speed up?! Doesn't that give the authorities more proof that she's the perpetrator? Or is she afraid of not making it home in time? I was more annoyed that she took the money in such a leisurely manner LoL.  

Jae Hoon is such a buffoon really, his wife Hee Ju seem to know something too. That grumpy old lady that she works for has a potty mouth but she makes a convincing argument ha-ha.    

@Latte_Anyday, I also wondered why she sped up even when she was warned she’s approaching a speed camera. However, I thought too that she wanted to make it home before her lousy husband. I remember the last time she got home after him he abused her then left her soaking wet on the balcony in the cold weather. It seems like everything about her triggers him. Gah, I really hope somebody beat him up before this show is over. Give him a taste of his own medicine. 

Yes that potty mouth granny character is something else. :lol: Nice to see the actress playing this sort of role.

Watched the first 4 episodes (Ep.1-2, 3-4), So far so good. I hope they maintain the pace and character arcs. Right now, it's binge-worthy. Everyone's acting is spot-on. 

[Edit: after all the twists and turns, I think it will end up with KTW getting his police job back and JSY getting to live on an island with her baby. Everyone else will go bust / get their just desserts.]

Just caught up.....so far so good.....So Yeon is a bit of an enigma to me......I get the part where is trying to escape her abusive husband but her affair with Jae Hoon seems weird.....because I can tell she does not love him......he feels like a temporary escape to me....she is using him to an extent and he is using her....no real attachments....I get what Jae Hoon is in for....its the sex and the perverted thrill he gets out of risking things a bit by sleeping with his wife's frenemy which is disgusting with some real feelings mixed in here....there is some real feelings there because the wife is rattled by it all when she knows he is a frequent philanderer.... and I can see that it disgusts So Yeon as well so why do it....to get back at that richard simmons of friend she has....technically she did not kill anybody....the guy died seconds after she contemplated making that call to get help and once he did, she made her decision....that call would not have saved him anyway....she is morally wrong but she neither caused the accident, nor the death so she is guilty of not reporting accident, accidental deaths and stealing..........but where is Tae Woo going to fit into all this.......I am just really curious

I thought it was pretty interesting how in an earlier scene when Hee Ju, Seo Yeon were strolling in the woods. Her daughter had picked up a nail on the ground. Hee Ju then tossed it back onto the ground. And later when Seo Yeon went back to the cabin to retrieve the stolen cash, her tyre was punctured by the very same nail Hee Ju tossed out earlier.... Karma perhaps? 

On 12/6/2019 at 6:09 PM, jongski said:

Okay so I'm done with the first two episodes.  It's interesting enough for me to check next week's episode. Just to see satisfaction have that abusive husband in the gutter and dead.  It's always sad for women who canniot have children. What happened with her.. maybe due to the abuse she suffered. The husband blaming her for losing the baby. He's likely going to find the money..... she'll suffer more. The lover,  also need money.. but he's ot as desperate but the situation bind them together.

We all know that it won`t go easily. Seo Yeon won`t be happier now after she got the money but I hope at the end of the drama she will get some money and go somewhere else and start a new life. I know that she is not the best people out there but I wish she can make it. But let see how things will go from here. Things can go crazier.

Kang Tae-Woo already figured out the she can be the prime suspect of the people who stole the money. I don`t want the money back to crazy ganster so I hope Tae Woo will end helping her to get away from ganster. 

The husband.... Oh, he is crazy too. Watching the frist episodes, I thought that he will figure out that Seo Yeon took the money or he will find at some point the money. I wish Seo yeon will divorce as soon as possible but if she can not get a divorce, I do wish something bad for the husband. :D I hope the other crazy man, the ganster will take care of him.

On 12/6/2019 at 6:09 PM, jongski said:

I forgot to ask.. did the wife find out  what's inside the envelope? It's her husband and friend.. the fe male lead in the Hotel Sapphire.  I think she knew already about them... or least was suspecting. 

I don`t think she knows. She was tempted but she did not open the envelope. She preferes to not know. But I think she will find out later that the woman was Seo Yeon. To complicate things.

Actually I am still wondering the reason for KTW's finding the supposed person responsible for the accident. Of course we know that there really is money missing, and that the reason for the accident is because the driver tried to attack his brother and their struggling led to the crash. But I'm just trying to put myself in KTW's position... what clue was there for him to believe that there was money taken away. I just still cannot imagine how the story will develop because so what if he found the person who took the money? That doesn't automatically mean that person caused the accident and death of his brother, right? Still on the fence about whether to continue watching or not because so far, I am not invested in any of the characters yet. Not the FL, nor the ML... Should I stay to find out the money's fate? Hahaha....

@ktcjdrama for starters TaeWoo doesn't believe his brother was involved in the illegal activities as let on by the CEO of DaeYong Tech and he knew those villains were looking for their money when they beat him up. Now  the CEO is worried about 'leaks', before I go into that. I mentioned earlier about 4 other vehicles that transported the money that night. If they were worried about leaks it's highly likely that the men who transported the money were killed after the delivery was made. Somehow TaeHyeon had information that they would be hit. Was he doing some kind of undercover job and what is the key with the no 32 for? 

I'm more curious about how SeoYeon is going to handle the money.  It's not going to be easy to move let alone hide that amount of money without being notice. 

9.9 Billion Won Woman: Episodes 1-2

by lovepark

9.9billionwon01-00217.jpg

Each day only gets worse for the protagonist as she’s beaten both physically and emotionally by those around her. She passes through life without much passion and seems resigned to her desolate fate until she stumbles upon the chance of a lifetime. Whether her choice brings her freedom or destruction, all actions have consequences, both big and small.

NOTE: This is just a first episode recap.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

9.9billionwon01-00004.jpg

In the dead of the night, a group of black suited men watch an excavator dig out a crate. Inside, they find a large stash of bills which the men neatly organize and stack into shipping boxes labeled as frozen shrimp. After loading all the boxes into five different vehicles, they head off in the same direction except for the last car which turns the other way.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/9-9-billion-won-woman-episodes-1-2/

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Actually I am still wondering the reason for KTW's finding the supposed person responsible for the accident. Of course we know that there really is money missing, and that the reason for the accident is because the driver tried to attack his brother and their struggling led to the crash. But I'm just trying to put myself in KTW's position... what clue was there for him to believe that there was money taken away. I just still cannot imagine how the story will develop because so what if he found the person who took the money? That doesn't automatically mean that person caused the accident and death of his brother, right?

I think that Kang Tae Woo is shocked that his brother is dead and he was involved in illegal activities. He wants to find out the truth behind his accident and his involvement in gambling. He is not blaming the people who took the money per se. He is investigating.  It is the plot device that will manage to link Tae Woo and  Seo yeon.

I also believed that Tae Woo`s brother was working undercover but I am not sure why he wanted to take a different route.Why did  just one car take it in the opposite direction? Where were they going? Tae Woo`s brother said the truth or he wnated to steal the money from himself? The driver has figured out the plan or he had another plan in mind? There are a lot of questions.

If all the cars had ten billion, the gangster handles a huge amount of money. Like the crazy head ganster said, he could recover the loss but he wants to discourage others who would like to steal from him. Seo Yeon will have a difficult job hiding from gansters. Tae Woo will be helping her eventually. 

1 hour ago, larus said:

I also believed that Tae Woo`s brother was working undercover but I am not sure why he wanted to take a different route.Why did  just one car take it in the opposite direction? Where were they going? Tae Woo`s brother said the truth or he wnated to steal the money from himself? The driver has figured out the plan or he had another plan in mind? There are a lot of questions.

That is possible, because I wonder too how is he going to handle the money after he got away. Surely he expected they’ll be tracked down...

I too noticed the one car going different direction and wonder if that’s his car. But he only rerouted when they were alone. He told the driver to take a left. I too wonder if driver wanted the money himself or he is loyal to the boss and going against Tae Hyun to turn back the car....

13 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I too noticed the one car going different direction and wonder if that’s his car. But he only rerouted when they were alone.

I assume it is the car where Tae Woo`s brother was but we don`t know why they went to the other direction. It must have been the orriginal plan because the other cars would have been  alert that one of them did not took the same route. Then the plan has diverted.

The phone of Tae Woo`s brother had calls to the police so it is possible that he was indeed an undercover agent. I hope Tae Woo will continue the work of his brother and will bring the gansters down.

I won`t be surprised if there was a plan for stealing that ganster`s money. Who was planing this ...we`ll see.

it’s look like inside job with the driver involvement, they should look at two men family or maybe gangster had information he didn’t share with brother because he need him to find money for him . 

@larus I think the change was with the exit the should take way to Chuncheon IC 

5dee5c4f49912437496921.gif?download

but they take exit to the left 

5dee5f690eaa7135373388.gif?download

that why maybe wasn’t alert from the other cars 

** I am still not buy undercover thing , maybe it do with the reason why he told his brother you still in the past ( was  he taking revenge but it’s goes bad ) & what the past he talk about 

Archived