[Drama 2020] A Piece of Your Mind, 반의 반

0ly40

The dialogue, the pace, the music, the characters... i like it...

It will be interesting to see in next week's episode how HW deals with that SW now that he knows she likes him and how SW will treat HW, since now her secret crush on HW is not a secret anymore.

PS. I also don't understand why Soo Ji the housemate must feel super betrayed and left the homestay. I get it if she got mad when noona and the guy (dont remember their name, sorry) did not declare their relationship, since they should do because all of them living in the same house. But her reaction (throwing tantrum and leaving the house) is totally overboard.

PPS. So in ep 4, we got a glimpse of why JS and her husband relationship turned into a mess, looking forward to see how they reveal the full story of the accident (?). I thinK SH (HW's 'niece') will be the person who will drag JS husband out of his slump and move on with his life

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dairymilks said:

I think he noticed the overpass while he was on the bus and then realized it could be the one they were looking for. In the middle of the episode, you'd see him in his office looking at a shot/street view of the overpass in a maps application. We could infer at that point that he was able to confirm the location. 

ah thank you its clearer on second viewing.. so sad about the rating though because i really like this drama because it's so different..

Hoping the ratings improve next week...

But I won't be surprised if it doesn't. I just wish they won't be discouraged by the ratings and switch things up to gain traction. 

I think viewers find it boring. One Spring Night didn't fare well in the ratings either. What I notice in the casual kdrama viewers is they get hooked on the shows with a lot of comedy or drama and with characters that show strong emotions (CLOY, IC, HBM, HDL, etc). SW and HW, on the other hand, are quite honest and simple. They don't have a lot going on and they don't get themselves into a lot of trouble. Just two people having these conversations with each other and with the people around them, while trying to heal from the traumas of their past. 

11 minutes ago, dairymilks said:

Hoping the ratings improve next week...

But I won't be surprised if it doesn't. I just wish they won't be discouraged by the ratings and switch things up to gain traction. 

I think viewers find it boring. One Spring Night didn't fare well in the ratings either. What I notice in the casual kdrama viewers is they get hooked on the shows with a lot of comedy or drama and with characters that show strong emotions (CLOY, IC, HBM, HDL, etc). 

I agree... K-viewers are more on rom-coms. If this is a J-drama, I bet the ratings would be higher because Japan is so good in these type of dramas. I actually don't mind the ratings, but for the cast, crew and the drama itself, it's also kind of a big thing so I hope it does improve as well.

Behind the scenes is out !

Seo Woo's mom is really radiating that "warm mom" vibe, I like her interaction with Chae Soo Bin :) 

I didn't know that Ji Soo is actually in the filming site, I thought they would just use her voice but she is literally with them. 

“I like him. I really like looking at him. The way he cherishes you, the way he misses you, the way a person gives his all for another person. I like it all.” 

Tbh if anyone was watching the show for the first time without any context would for sure think that he's the one who has a crush on her :wub: 

plus both CSB and JHI are doing an amazing job with their characters. Kudos to the casting director!

febc0811d79ca436ba884d237fe59ad199a43de0

7fdc2ecad3802597e65b087cdfcbf74ced6c4963

df45bfdfd6b0ad44f4bdb11702b5637ab3d50553

1dedce26e0ea9c7d2ad5568f80b5b28dc8ee1fdc

Spoiler

3bdc1e05f762c683f2540fed0220730de36f153ce5973fd67b1ae847cce68a0529306057b8c4ff8b51afb0dfaa3c0fa768bdb57ed1ee056a2a56f77d

Creds. Tumblr

8 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Well, I was debating whether I should post here after such a long time just for this drama... and, yeah, here I am. I hope people will watch this drama too ~! Can't wait for Monday now after that ending ~~ ... this drama just makes my heart go ...

And this gif is just everything...

credit:https://twitter.com/_dee501/status/1245146923134324738

I see that you're here too @rocher22 :))

This gif...I have to admit that for a second I thought he was putting some necklace around her neck..:sweatingbullets:

But, there might be a scene like that...fingers crossed...:D

Hi,  @lightbringer06....:)

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] A Piece of Your Mind, 반의 반 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST

A new follower of this beautiful drama here.  I like both SB and HI, but HI more.  I like how he present himself for the character he plays.  Both of them are doing an excellent job here.  Even though the pace is slow, I like it's meloncholic vibe.  The ost's are good esp the English one.  Wow!!! It's just pulls you into it.  

I was surprised by her confession.  It's only  ep.4.  so, I don't know how the story will move forward for the next 12 eps.  

Also, I can understand soo Ji's feeling.  She felt bad for EJ after Knowing the truth and she also warned CS if he is bailing out after making out and doing all kinds of things with her.  But I feel bad whenever he mentions her like a oldie when he knows very well about her.  I have a bad feeling of this guy actually like if he will bail out at one point of time.  

And why is that ahjummah moving into EJ's homestay?  She seems to be a rich lady and smart too.  She found out that CS and EJ are dating.  

I don't know what's the role of Kang Hana is exactly?  She comes and goes as if when there are no scenes for the other actors.  Is she the second lead and is going to be paired with that In wook fella?

18 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

I don't know what's the role of Kang Hana is exactly?  She comes and goes as if when there are no scenes for the other actors.  Is she the second lead and is going to be paired with that In wook fella?

Haha I see a lot of people questioning her relevance :sweatingbullets:

So yes, she is supposedly gonna be paired up with In Wook even though (I admit) he does not seem like the best guy in the show right now. I'm sure there is a reason they show us their small interactions scarcely - which seems quite natural to me personally, because they literally have no relationship/connection whatsoever other than the studio and the plant. But yeah, there is definitely a story there :)

2 hours ago, blademan said:

Tbh if anyone was watching the show for the first time without any context would for sure think that he's the one who has a crush on her :wub: 

plus both CSB and JHI are doing an amazing job with their characters. Kudos to the casting director!

Love the gifs ~! Ha Won definitely likes Seo Woo, if not, interested. He's curious about her and we all know where that leads to B)

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

This gif...I have to admit that for a second I thought he was putting some necklace around her neck..:sweatingbullets:

But, there might be a scene like that...fingers crossed...:D

Hi,  @lightbringer06....:)

LMAO ~ haha.. yeah, a scene like that would be nice too...

Nice to see some familiar faces here after such a long time :)

Hi there! First time posting on this thread. 

I have been following this drama since the first episode and I'm loving it :wub:. I have to admit that I probably belong to the group of people that didn't understand the drama in the beginning, but stuck to it regardless, because of the main leads. The way they portrayed the characters with their eyes/facial expressions and not so much words draws me every time. This is the kind of drama where even if you don't understand the main leads dialogue,  you can have a rough idea because of their expressions. Isn't it wonderful?! :blush:

I'm so hooked up to the HW & SW relationship that I keep replaying the episodes at least 3 times a day. Now the wait for Monday & Tuesdays to arrive is unbearable :(. I need them to come faster!! 

I'm super happy that this thread is available so I can read people's comments about this awesome drama and make wait a bit bearable . Nice to meet you all! :relaxed:

PS. I'm still confused about the AI device. I can't seem to understand how it works. How's the device able to talk about previous situations/memories? Like, when Ji Soo died, he was able to hook up a machine to her brain and extract her memories, then transfer them to the device? :unsure:

I think when it's destined to meet each other then every chances will always come to make it happened. HW asked to JS through hinself whether meeting SW was a coincidence. I believed it wasn't. It began from the copycat HW told SW to look for him and she did. I guess HW got a lot of comforts through SW conversed with JS. Their warm talk is like a healing time for him. And he keeps noticing her such a new oasis in his long draught of loneliness. 

But I wonder if HW's copycat is programmed based on personal history and it keeps updatig since he is alive but what about JS. Could it bring out all the things of her past with HW? And this part makes me think, ah.. this is the magic that we know, it's not possible but it does happen. I like how it turned out like a real human friend. And I really enjoy how she keeps talking like a close friend to SW. Like HW did. It helps people with somekind of pschological treatment. SW is much livelier and relieved to share her secrets thinking her as her best friend. And her voice is just so good to hear.

I loved the scenes when SW secret crush revelead. Lol. That moment is so fluterring. SW tried her best to keep it a secret but HW stopped her from coverig up. Poor SW, it was so embassing to get caught like that. But she looks so cute while hiding her face down. Aww... I'm glad she didn't deny it and come clean with it. I love how they portray her feelings and character like this. I'm glad she's not that typical one sided lover. She didn't get closer to him intentionally. They get closer naturally while embracig each other backgrounds and problems. They find each other some comforts. And I think it's such one of the fundamentals of a good relationship.

@Kimsungrin
I believe he does falling for her. I think he won't realize it cause he might thought that he needs her to bring out JS. But look how he put back the old chair. He waited for her and meet her almost all the time. He took her home and he cant get off her from his eyes. If this is not falling in love signs then I don't know what it is. I keep replaying the scenes of him peek at her secretly.

Oh. The preview of next week. How am I supposed to wait now!

14 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I think when it's destined to meet each other then every chances will always come to make it happened. HW asked to JS through hinself whether meeting SW was a coincidence. I believed it wasn't. It began from the copycat HW told SW to look for him and she did. I guess HW got a lot of comforts through SW conversed with JS. Their warm talk is like a healing time for him. And he keeps noticing her such a new oasis in his long draught of loneliness. 

But I wonder if HW's copycat is programmed based on personal history and it keeps updatig since he is alive but what about JS. Could it bring out all the things of her past with HW? And this part makes me think, ah.. this is the magic that we know, it's not possible but it does happen. I like how it turned out like a real human friend. And I really enjoy how she keeps talking like a close friend to SW. Like HW did. It helps people with somekind of pschological treatment. SW is much livelier and felieved to share her secrets thinking her as her best friend. And her voice is just so good to hear.

I loved the scenes when SW secret crush revelead. Lol. That moment is so fluterring. SW tried her best to kee it a secret but HW stop her from coverig up. Poor SW, it was so embassing to get caught like that. But she looks so cute while hiding her face down. Aww... I'm glad she didn't deny it and come clean with it. I love how they portray her feelings and character like this. I'm glad she's not that typical one sided lover. She didn't get closer to him intentionally. They get closer natural while embracig each other backgrounds and problems. They find each other some comforts. And I think it's such one of the fundamentals of a good relationship.

@Kimsungrin
I believe he does falling for her. I think he won't realize it cause he might thought that he needs her to bring out JS. But look how he put back the old chair. He waited for her and meet her almost all the time. He took her home and he cant get off her from his eyes. If this is not falling in love signs then I don't know what it is. I keep replaying the scenes of him peek at her secretly.

Oh. The preview of next week. How am I supposed to wait now!

I also love how they portray SW to be not clingy, frank and very mature.

I really like all of her scenes, she always says the right things be it with HW or her friend that left the shared house (when she told her her parents' story and all). Her interactions with HW are very deep and healing. The two of them can feel it, especially HW that keeps on going to her like you said. His stares are very meaningful and i like to rewatch those scenes too. HW is very intelligent so i think he already knows whats goin on in his heart. When he brought back the chair, he smiled and that smile tells a lot, especially since he almost never smile. HW doesnt talk a lot, he smiles, he stares, he waves his hand, he touches/pushes her slighty and is full of good intentions towards SW (telling her to stay-the word that can keep her going-, taking her home, finding her chair, bringing her an umbrella). He also remembers clearly the first time he met her while she was not really paying attention, a time she doesnt remember. Which bring me to this conclusion: he is already questioning his feelings for SW and their relationship, which is why he wonders if her coming between him and JS is a coincidence. That curiosity shows when he wants to know about the secret talk between SW and the device and wonders if it was about him. I mean, the confession scene!!!! The way he was staring at her and was quick to unplug the earphones to hear the secret and then he blocked SW's hand with his even tho he already heard that she likes him!..what can that mean? I am not sure but he is definitely not uncomfortable with it and wants to know everything about it...Arrhf this is the type of drama that is perfect to binge watch..here we go again with the agony to wait for the next eps every week...

@mqiuwen the device includes the character and some memories of JS that have been provided by HW when he set up the device on JS mode and SW who has been speaking to the device and telling it the moments she had with JS

Omo, what a long richard simmons post, sorry!

11 hours ago, rocher22 said:

HW and SW talk about JS all the time.

But, its not annoying.

This is  shown somehow naturally.

Although I think HW and SW felt some mutual attraction unrelated to JS.

Both of them like Ji Soo and lost her, I'm glad Ji Soo's character is so likeable and became a catalyst to bring these two together.

What HW is attempting to do with the AI device is for it to become “aware”.  Programming his personality (and other personalities) and memories and data is just the first step.  That’s why he kept trying to get a “reaction point” (trigger).  And why Hoon (his friend) was so annoyed when it just repeated the facts when asked questions.  They are not after a Siri.  They want it to be intelligent enough to respond like a human being would.  

The first reaction point was in Ep1.  Remember how HW heard the music, saw SW in the studio window and then followed the music?  Then when he left the studio and came downstairs, he was really excited because the device started to hum the music?  That’s a human reaction.  It was not programmed to hum to music it knew.  And he was excited as well because of the rain/thunder.  Because it responded with a memory of JiSoo and not just “it is raining”.  It has become “alive” and capable of responding like a real human.  

Archived