[Drama 2020] A Piece of Your Mind, 반의 반

0ly40

Well.. this is disappointing.

Apparently, due to extreme low/poor ratings, this drama is shortened to 12 instead of its earlier slated 16 ep. According to netizen, the drama was too slow paced & too boring. While that may be true, it requires patience I think? 

And because of the economy & the uncertainty of current times, people just don't have the patience for it? Idk LoL.   

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, mqiuwen said:

On previous episodes, it was more SW looking for HW and starting on this one, we can see that it's the other way around. Also, HW continuously bringing up to SW about not giving up on the 1% and to leave it alone to see how it grows, was daebak! I'm super excited to see their relationship grow and very curious to see which of the two will ask to officially start dating first. Right now, I'm inclining on SW will be the one to bring it up first because HW is too slow on romance related situations.  :smirk:

For someone who's slow in terms of romance, he sure is SMOOTH ~ :rolleyes:... I mean, idk if he is aware of it but he's been flirting with Seo Woo all this time.

5 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

i think for this drama the rating sure is low for mon tue. and yeah i think the gamble with the first two episode is a big failure for the producer. the hype is gone and the rating sink so fast. 

such a shame that chae soo bin  comeback drama got this :( but not help that other tvn drama is doing really well rn so the rating for this drama surely stand out. 

Agree, I think it would be understandable on TVN's side because they have been sailing in all their dramas for the past years... with the success of lots of their dramas like Goblin, Mr. Sunshine, Crash Landing on You, Hotel del Luna.. etc... surpassing even the big networks like KBS and SBS for years, and considering they are a cable television, it sure is a blow to them having low ratings. If these were the early days, it might have been fine. If the ratings maintained at least 2-3% range, this wouldn't have been shortened. It's just so disheartening on the part of the cast and crew. I just hope they won't let this get to them and just do their best... who knows, we might see an increase for the last remaining 6 eps ;)

7 hours ago, shazbinjin said:

So, so heartbroken to hear the news about the show being shortened!!!! It’s so novel and refreshing compared to other K-dramas, but I guess maybe the Korean audience is not quite ready for this style of dramas yet... in comparison the rating of The World of the Married which is like 360 degrees different from A Piece of Your Mind keeps getting higher, so maybe that’s the kind of style that the Korean audience likes better? I’m sooo heartbroken though... I really love the chemistry of Hae-In and Soo-bin, and in my opinion it’s the best pairing for Hae-In in all his dramas where he’s the main lead (as in they look so cute in real life too). :tears::tears:

I also did notice that dramas about marriage/cheating has become a norm/trend since last year for K-viewers, and I just don't get it. Maybe that's why they tend to have high ratings nowadays compared to these underrated gems. 

Me too, I love love CSB and JHI's chemistry.

Spoiler

Am a bit low-key shipping them :wub:

16 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

For someone who's slow in terms of romance, he sure is SMOOTH ~ :rolleyes:... I mean, idk if he is aware of it but he's been flirting with Seo Woo all this time.

I think he was too fixated on Ji Soo for years so when he started to notice Seo Woo he didn't even realize it, but sure poor boy got game.

This is so sad, I'm seriously looking forward on the process on how they'll fall in love with each other. From EP1 that really bothers me, they made HW and JS look so deeply in love with history backing them up, childhood friend as a foundation is strong to begin with. It went on and on for a couple of episodes which for me is a risky one.. some viewers refuses or is not easily convince with the subtle changes/moments the Main Leads had.. that for me is a make or break situation production wise. The drama had a very different approach too, well tbh I find it a tad slow and boring at times too.. but the chemistry is there and I really love the pairing, I'm a fan of theirs individually.. or some already knew that HW is already captivated with SW without him realizing the obvious, that makes other viewers impatient. Whatever the reason was.. It is still a great drama for me! I'll be watching until the end.

Spoiler

IDK either why infidelity plot seems so hot? or the current trend? In my homeland it's like the national genre for TV airing at prime times, some even end up a year running or so. Although, there's nothing wrong with it, it's an eye opener for the society..

34 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

So fun...

Looks like he remembered everything about her...:D

This is true, for instance he remember their first encounter, where she's staying (she told him once), she wants someone to told her to "stay" so swoony. 

Watch: Chae Soo Bin Shares Why Jung Hae In Makes Her Laugh So Much On Set Of “A Piece Of Your Mind”

Watch: Chae Soo Bin Shares Why Jung Hae In Makes Her Laugh So Much On Set Of “A Piece Of Your Mind”

Apr 9, 2020
by J. K

The cast of “A Piece of Your Mind” sat down for an exclusive interview with Rakuten Viki!

The tvN drama stars Jung Hae In, Chae Soo Bin, Lee Ha Na, Kim Sung Kyu, and more. The show focuses on the love story of an artificial intelligence (AI) programmer named Moon Ha Won (Jung Hae In) and classical recording engineer Han Seo Woo (Chae Soo Bin). Lee Ha Na plays gardener Moon Soon Ho while Kim Sung Kyu plays classical pianist Kang In Wook.

In the interview, the cast was asked to describe why people should watch the drama. “Jung Hae In is in it,” said Kim Sung Kyu, making his co-stars laugh. Lee Ha Na said, “Great chemistry.”

a-piece-of-your-mind-1.jpg

Chae Soo Bin said “It’s very heart-warming,” and Jung Hae In laughed over how the cute way she said that sounded like she was playing her character. Jung Hae In then described the drama as “sentimental and fond.”

When asked to share what they’ve learned about each other, Jung Hae In said that he was surprised by Kim Sung Kyu. “He’s very witty and humorous,” he said. “I didn’t expect him to be like that.”

a-piece-of-your-mind-2.jpg

Lee Ha Na described how Kim Sung Kyu played a villain so well that she was curious what he’d be like in real life. “He’s very sincere and an upright person,” she said.

Chae Soo Bin then shared what she’d noticed about Jung Hae In. “When we were filming together, I found that Jung Hae In was slower than I’d thought and kind of adorably clumsy,” she said, making her co-stars burst into laughter. “There were a lot of things I could tease him about, so I joked around and teased him a lot.”

She explained that one day, her stylist team and his had switched their roles, so her stylist team helped him get dressed. “He didn’t notice for a really long time,” she said with a laugh. “I laughed a lot, it was a lot of fun.”

Spoiler

a-piece-of-your-mind-3.jpg

The cast was then asked a series of questions to find out their preferences. When it came to dogs versus cats, Jung Hae In chose dogs, Chae Soo Bin said she couldn’t choose and answered “Both!”, Lee Ha Na said dogs, and Kim Sung Kyu chose cats.

When asked whether they’d confess or give up, Jung Hae In and Lee Ha Na said they’d confess, while Chae Soo Bin and Kim Sung Kyu said they’d give up.

Spoiler

a-piece-of-your-mind-4.jpg

On the topic of K-pop versus classical music, Jung Hae In and Chae Soo Bin both chose K-pop while Lee Ha Na and Kim Sung Kyu chose classical.

On whether they prefer cherry blossoms or the first snow, the two male stars chose cherry blossoms while the women chose the first snow. All the actors preferred Americano to latte except for Chae Soo Bin.

The cast then gave a shoutout to their fans on Viki. Kim Sung Kyu said, “I think many of you will be able to relate to our drama. There are a lot of charming characters, so please check out the drama.”

Chae Soo Bin then shared what she’d noticed about Jung Hae In. “When we were filming together, I found that Jung Hae In was slower than I’d thought and kind of adorably clumsy,” she said, making her co-stars burst into laughter. “There were a lot of things I could tease him about, so I joked around and teased him a lot.”

She explained that one day, her stylist team and his had switched their roles, so her stylist team helped him get dressed. “He didn’t notice for a really long time,” she said with a laugh. “I laughed a lot, it was a lot of fun.”

OMG, this is so adorbs ~ :wub::rolleyes:

It's only now i am understanding the personalities and feelings of the characters fully. It takes patience. And only few have patience.

It's so disappointing if the producer's only purpose in making dramas is making money. Can they for once produce good dramas and put aside the business side? 

they know beforehand that this is a slow paced drama and netizen barely supportive in this kind of drama and still they proceed. Then, why they came up with this decision.

I feel sorry for the casts and crew ...But they can keep their chin high for its not their fault, they did their job very well.

I like the drama too. I don’t mind the slow pace. 

TVN & JTBC bring different kinds of drama to the table and that’s part of their appeal. 

Of course, this is a Hae In drama so I had to watch it to give it a chance. But it’s drawing me in step by little step. 

Sorry to read here that It is being shortened due to ratings.  I would have loved to see it fully develop -  it is such an unusual and beautiful emotional drama.

Archived