Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Girlfriend is an Alien 外星女生柴小七

4 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

Seriously :scream:? An entire country that guesses Reel to Real? Is that even healthy? Actors and actresses are humans too and they have a right to live their own life and not what their fans want them! In my active SciFi convention time I met a lot of them BTS but never disturbed them beside a polite greeting (or nod) since that is how humans should interact. I always thought most people are like that except teenagers and crazy fans. Looks like Asia is a bit different :ph34r:. How are they when actors from BL series/movies are straight? Aren't they allowed to date women? Well...it would be funny if they could meet girls without hassle. :phew:

It is a bit sad that you have to decide between career or a happy life. Let's hope that Chinese Entertainment is more open since I won't mind seing him in other Dramas.

It's very profitable in Thai industry to have a "koojin". Sometimes, the channel is just as guilty. Channel 3 is notorious with the koojins stuff. They even have concerts to promote the "couples" even though most of the girls already have a boyfriend and a few have been with their boyfriend for like 10 years lol. It super crazy. The fans doesn't care because most of these koojins have a solid fanbase. But one thing is good about Thai industry is that, if a couple becomes popular fans doesn't have to wait for them to pair up again. It's pretty much back to back pairing. One popular couple have been in a lakorn like 6 times together hahahha. They don't usually leave the fans hanging.

If you are an actress you basically hang onto the career as long as you can. Unless, your boyfriend or fiance happens to be millionaires and most leading ladies does end up marrying some really rich guys though. Yeah, I don't mind if the guys are married or not in real life. As long as he's good in his roles and has chemistry then I am in. I love the characters so nothing else would hinder me from enjoying them in their roles.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, ash1999 said:

I didn't notice him in any lakorn and then he was married. He married young. In Thai industry once you are married then the chances of you getting projects are slim. That's just the way it works on that side. And most of their stars would date about 8-10 years before they decided to settle down because once they do then they have already accepted their career is basically in the background.

There are two channels that are well known and that is channel 3 and channel 7. His wife I think is contracted with channel 3. Once Bie got married no way he would have been famous there. Because they are big at this thing called "koojin". Where they ship you with an actress then play the guessing game of if they are together or not lol. I guessed, I just answered my own question hahahha

2 hours ago, ash1999 said:

It's very profitable in Thai industry to have a "koojin". Sometimes, the channel is just as guilty. Channel 3 is notorious with the koojins stuff. They even have concerts to promote the "couples" even though most of the girls already have a boyfriend and a few have been with their boyfriend for like 10 years lol. It super crazy. The fans doesn't care because most of these koojins have a solid fanbase. But one thing is good about Thai industry is that, if a couple becomes popular fans doesn't have to wait for them to pair up again. It's pretty much back to back pairing. One popular couple have been in a lakorn like 6 times together hahahha. They don't usually leave the fans hanging.

If you are an actress you basically hang onto the career as long as you can. Unless, your boyfriend or fiance happens to be millionaires and most leading ladies does end up marrying some really rich guys though. Yeah, I don't mind if the guys are married or not in real life. As long as he's good in his roles and has chemistry then I am in. I love the characters so nothing else would hinder me from enjoying them in their roles.

Thanks for the insight into the Thai industry.  That's so interesting.  It's one thing for deluded fans to ship couples but for the channels to push the fake couples offscreen too is news to me.

I was also wondering why his Thai career didn't take-off.  Whomever advised him to capitalise on his Taiwanese side and move into C-industry really did him a favour because he already seems to be getting a lot of opportunities.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Thanks for the insight into the Thai industry.  That's so interesting.  It's one thing for deluded fans to ship couples but for the channels to push the fake couples offscreen too is news to me.

I was also wondering why his Thai career didn't take-off.  Whomever advised him to capitalise on his Taiwanese side and move into C-industry really did him a favour because he already seems to be getting a lot of opportunities.

I agreed, if you can break into C- Industry then you are doing pretty good. Just like Mike A. He's doing well for himself. 

A lot of stars, I feel bought into it because being seen as a couple would give them more opportunities. Which is sadly the truth. Even if they aren't suited for the roles they basically get the roles because of them being a "couple". Some would put on fan service and such but behind closed doors they can't stand each other lol. 

Bie made a good move to venture into C-drama as his acting is more compatible to the market and so does his looks. To me, in this drama is his best look. He play the cold, reserve person yet with a touch of warmth. And when he loves Xiaoqi, my goodness, he makes every girl jealous hahhaha

I don't know how it is in C-industry if stars have to auditioned for a role. But usually Thai industry they are handed the role. So whether you are qualified to play the character or not, it doesn't matter. And I think, that's part of the problem. Sometimes, they halfheartedly perform, it's so obvious but can't blame them. If they don't have to work for the role why bother to really try, it's theirs anyway. 

• Insightful 3

Didn’t know Bie can sing Korean song really well. Thought he was fooling around when he sang my destiny in one of the BTS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seriously, I can easily drown in Fang Leng's voice hahaha. If I ever have a hard time sleeping, I can just listen to his whisper and fall asleep right away. 

They picked the right voice to dubbed...it's so smooth. I am a simple girl. I don't even need the body to the voice lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, ash1999 said:

They picked the right voice to dubbed...it's so smooth. I am a simple girl. I don't even need the body to the voice lol

*highfive* :wub:

A body changes easily with time but voices are staying. They tend to get even better. :blush:.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, usagi1997 said:

New spoiler gifs...kind of ;)

Hide contents

4th2egti.gif

am256255.gif

qo3upchp.gif

5pls4nek.gif

Here’s what the subs said:

1st gif:

FL: What are you laughing?

XQ: You look like an old man.

2nd gif: FL: Don’t you look like an old woman too?

3rd gif:

Fang Lei: Bro, let me occupy (or borrow) XQ for one minute.

Fang Leng: Ok, one minute is up! :lol:

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, libra22 said:

Didn’t know Bie can sing Korean song really well. Thought he was fooling around when he sang my destiny in one of the BTS.

I'm more astonished that he took off the earpiece. Normally they need it to don't get confused by all these different sounds around them and some even need it to keep the right voice level. Kudos!

I like his Chinese songs and Korean better since for my ears Thai just sounds too cute. My mother tongue is very hard and hearing Thai just makes giggle, everything just sounds so "round". Even harsh words. Probably I should watch more Thai Drama to get more used to it since Lakorns are more popular these days.
His voice is totally my taste since I like male voices who can get very high. Hehe...the BeeGees are my favorite boyband for a reason :phew:. I loved hearing arias as Teen. My family was weird out then but they are used to it now that I'm totally different from them all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

I'm more astonished that he took off the earpiece. Normally they need it to don't get confused by all these different sounds around them and some even need it to keep the right voice level. Kudos!

I like his Chinese songs and Korean better since for my ears Thai just sounds too cute. My mother tongue is very hard and hearing Thai just makes giggle, everything just sounds so "round". Even harsh words. Probably I should watch more Thai Drama to get more used to it since Lakorns are more popular these days.
His voice is totally my taste since I like male voices who can get very high. Hehe...the BeeGees are my favorite boyband for a reason :phew:. I loved hearing arias as Teen. My family was weird out then but they are used to it now that I'm totally different from them all.

I love hearing different languages. I have been watching lakorns for 30 years so I love listening to Thai people talk. It sounds romantic. If you want to watch lakorns there's a channel that puts out English subtitles with their lakorns try GMMTV. And that channel lakorns are a bit more progressive. They are more daring than channel 3 and 7 with their plots and kissing scenes. 

I don't know if there's any English subtitles with this lakorn but Hua Jai Sila (heart of stone) is a pretty good lakorn and was popular in China when it aired. The actor Tor T. has a pretty good following in China after the lakorn. He's a pretty good actor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was one of the funny scenes in ep 23 where XQ listed down all her supernatural powers (she told Fang Leng these are the things she is good at) hoping it will be of help to Fang Leng. Here's what the list said:

1. Good at sports

2. Keen sense of smell

3. Possess a well developed memory system

4. Keen perception for handsome male :lol::lol::lol:

5. Not afraid of hardship

Fang Leng's reaction upon seeing the list was so cute and he teased XQ on item 4.

• LOL 1

Bie sang "I miss you" in the The masked singer (Thai version) too.

Look at the judges expressions! 

Some of the koreans commented in youtube that his pronunciation was very good.

Read that he was previously in a kpop group named "Victor" for a short while.

That's why his korean pronunciation is good.

This is one of my all time favourite korean songs.

This one has the english lyrics of the song.

He sang it really very well and hitting all the high notes.

• Love 1

Bie is so cute here dong the Gwiyomi!

Here's another chinese song that he sang in the masked singer.

• Love 1

The second clip was so funny where Fang Leng scans his face at the machine

• LOL 2

Both of them are so cute in this scene.

They are just using their eyes and body language to act in this scene!

Haven't seen this pic before. This pic must have been taken when they are promoting for the drama. Are there any related videos?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ok, obviously trying to post IG didn't work for me. But it was the scene of Fang Leng taking his amnesia lol. He was good the way he looks at Fang Lie and Xiaoqi when they weren't paying attention to him.

• Like 1