[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Girlfriend is an Alien 外星女生柴小七

sugarplum892

At the moment Tencent is very generous with Spoilers. I hope they keep that since only 4 episodes per week is so mean. I'm used to TV Dramas schedule. B) Okay, compared to Taiwan Drama Mainland China Dramas are aired much faster but I'm not the patient type. :phew:

A longer annunciator "removal" scene. So sad. My heart hurts for both of them. :tears:

https://bit.ly/2kukhC8

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the drama too. I feel the female antagonist is portrayed maybe initially as someone who is his first love but the way she act i cant feel pity for her but almost "good riddance" he forgot about her. She is just another rich entitled drama queen. I think if she was perfect (not "fake perfect") then it brings more drama.

I actually like xiaoqi to do more of her power stuff...love the comedy revolve around that and not the current few episode of scheming stuff.

And the stepmom... just another golddigger.

Also, not sure if it is true or not, on tvmao the ending is supposed to be

Spoiler

She gives birth to alien/human hybrid.  He was surprised and called it a "ghost" lol...

I am more than happy with all the spoilers. Yesterday I even streamed it with the channel and have fun with the live chat lol. To say, I am hook on this drama is an understatement.

Did I mentioned how much I like Fang Leng? He is such a sweetheart to always give in to Xiao Qi without realizing him doing it at all. He forgave her for the sapphire and when she wanted to drink beer with him he said, does he look like the type that drink with other people...yet he found himself doing just that with her. Even in the midst of his memory loss regarding Xiao Qi...you feel the tiny longing from him. Xiao Qi would get anything she wanted from him. All she had to do is asked.

I like the consistency of Xiao Qi's character. When she tried to give him the medicine to increase his heart rate and the only way is to kiss him and give it to him that way lol. After the kiss she didn't give it a second that about it. Her feelings were shown to us as it gradually grows. She's so oblivious to the things she does. She's so innocent in her ways...her turtle seemed more experience hahaha. I love that turtle.

I think Fang Leng is the Dream man of almost every woman. Such men don't exist :lol:.

I would instantly order some XB figure. In that way Korean Drama are way better. You always can order iconic figures or plushies. I own a few Pigrabbits :D. It is so sad, that Webdrama can't be bought on DVD/BR after airing. 

2 hours ago, shaselai said:

Like the drama too. I feel the female antagonist is portrayed maybe initially as someone who is his first love but the way she act i cant feel pity for her but almost "good riddance" he forgot about her. She is just another rich entitled drama queen. I think if she was perfect (not "fake perfect") then it brings more drama.

I actually like xiaoqi to do more of her power stuff...love the comedy revolve around that and not the current few episode of scheming stuff.

And the stepmom... just another golddigger.

Also, not sure if it is true or not, on tvmao the ending is supposed to be

Hide contents

She gives birth to alien/human hybrid.  He was surprised and called it a "ghost" lol...

Miss Jiang is a bit cold in personality to make it work with Fang Leng. I can't imagined a man that's like a ruler and extremely structured to be in a relationship with a woman that's cold and so serious. He needs someone that is something he is not. Everytime they have a conversation Fang Leng makes it so awkward lol. I know he doesn't really remember her but he makes so little effort to communicate. He's rather blunt and abrupt. 

I heard about the ending too...not sure which one is correct since there's a couple of different ones. I would be happy whichever direction they go with.

@usagi1997 Yup, Fang Leng is the total package. I can imagine just how spoiled Xiao Qi will be once they settle down. It doesn't matter how mad he is or what she has done, he tends to defend her and finds a way to get her out of trouble. And sometimes the way he looks at her...like when they were at the meeting and she signed the wrong document because Fang Lie is too lazy to do anything lol. And Fang Leng just stared at her knowing she made a mistake yet he found a way to get her out of it...sigh...

And that turtle is so smart hahhaha. It always give the best advice to Xiao Qi. Who needs human friends when a turtle is just as intelligent lol.

41 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

And that turtle is so smart hahhaha. It always give the best advice to Xiao Qi. Who needs human friends when a turtle is just as intelligent lol.

As far as I know it is her AI assistant that was eaten by a turtle. Of course it is a walking database but it also can interpret human feelings and habits. 

After rewatching some episodes over I have to say, I love the way Fang Leng looks at Xiao Qi. Sometimes he would just look at her in an observing way as if he's trying to figure her out. I bet if Xiao isn't an Alien she would understand the look but since she is one she pays him no mind lol. The Banquet look was kind of sexy.

11 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

At the moment Tencent is very generous with Spoilers. I hope they keep that since only 4 episodes per week is so mean. I'm used to TV Dramas schedule. B) Okay, compared to Taiwan Drama Mainland China Dramas are aired much faster but I'm not the patient type. :phew:

A longer annunciator "removal" scene. So sad. My heart hurts for both of them. :tears:

https://bit.ly/2kukhC8

I love all these spoiler videos hahaha. I wonder how she's meant to remove the annunciator... I'm not all caught up, just up to Ep 12 , but from what I can see - she's tried just putting her hands on his heart but it doesn't seem to work that way. I think it's established that she feels the signal when his heart races, but she might be failing because she doesn't have the method of removing it yet.

Oh! Tencent approved my CCs for the previews hahaha so they're subtitled for 17-20 now. And they finally realised Ep 17 preview was missing so they uploaded that, which I will replace in my post. 

Translation of this extra bit:

When XQ pulls on Fang Leng's tie, he falls on top of her on the sofa. 

XQ: Why do you always spoil my plans? Why do you always bully me? (hits him half-heartedly) Do you know how much I prepared myself to see you, to control myself this time? (tears fall) You don't know anything...

Fang Leng: (wipes her tears) Are you crying because of me? (is this the first time he's seen her crying? I remember few episodes back he hugged her when she said she wanted to cry but didn't think she had the function).

Fang Leng looks troubled and the blue light shines in his heart.

XQ: (thinks) He still remembers me.

XQ: Can I flatter myself in thinking that you did like me before? Although you humans are able to like many people... although I'm only one of them...

He bends down and before kissing her, he is attacked by a sharp pain in his heart. 

On 9/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, usagi1997 said:

Spoilers :w00t: (lift break down)
https://bit.ly/2khFBed

Also translation for the additional bits Fang Leng said:

Fang Leng: There's definitely no way I would fall for a woman like you. In your eyes today, I see all our past. All the good, and all the bad - I want to know them all. 

He leans in and she pushes him away, telling him not to come near her. Then it's the same as the preview before. 

The lift falls, he holds her.

Fang Leng: Are you alright, Xiao Qi?

She pushes him away. 

XQ: Don't come near me! Don't come near me!

She puts her hand on the floor of the lift. (hmm... maybe it 'grounds' her energy?)

XQ: (thinks to herself) Why is this even more intense than last time? What's wrong with me??

@angelflower I think XQ has a bit misconception about the human body and how she thinks she can get it when her powers always fail while touching him, is typcial her. In the trailers you can see him laying on a surgery table while XB is levitating above him. Since she wants to leave after it can mean they got it back then or it became the reason because he is still living. From your translation it looks XQ still isn't sure that he loves her and that is why she leaves. I think it is rather the last one since otherwise why should she take two suitcases with her and go by taxi?

And thank you for your translation :wub:. How is your work going on?

Hi Friends!!!

I was searching everywhere but couldn't find it.. was wondering if any of u here know how many eps they release in a week?

Coz I saw it started airing on the 19th of August, which is only about 3 weeks ago and 16 eps are already available.

thanks a bunch :):) 

21 minutes ago, phoiphoi said:

Hi Friends!!!

I was searching everywhere but couldn't find it.. was wondering if any of u here know how many eps they release in a week?

Coz I saw it started airing on the 19th of August, which is only about 3 weeks ago and 16 eps are already available.

thanks a bunch :):) 

I think its 28 episodes total

Oh silly me I read that wrong  I apologize

@usagi1997 Thanks for asking. My work is stuck somewhere but hopefully it'll be better soon. 

Anyway, I caught up to Episode 15 and oooh! it's so good :rolleyes:

I was kinda disappointed with the banquet bit because it was so cliched and typical of the second female lead to act like a richard simmons and being pitiful in front of the male lead. This show has generally not laid it on too thick with the cliches so hopefully it won't be done again, although the way JX is written doesn't seem to give her room to be non-cliche. Having said that, I'm so glad XQ slapped her back (not condoning violence but so satisfying!). Glad that XQ stood up for herself and expressly said, "I don't need to hide behind Fang Leng; I can hit you back myself."

She actually said the same thing to Fang Leng at the restaurant as well haha. When he accused her of using Fang Lie to bother him, she was like, "Why do I need Fang Lie to do that? I'm enough to bother you."

So basically XQ gave him a drug to quicken his heartbeat. It was HILARIOUS watching Fang Leng trying to control himself while she was all over him. Also the second-hand embarrassment at them caught for PDA lol. The part I died was when she tried looking for his phone in his trousers and he had to physically restrain her :ph34r: But then when he passed out, he was so cute though! The way he kept hugging her and leaning on her :wub:

I'm really curious about how Fang Leng's memory works, although I have a feeling it will all fall apart if I start analysing this too deeply XD It just confuses me because I'm wondering how is his memory connected to the hard drive. 

- He loses memory of the most recent women he meets. 

- I'm assuming he built this memory bank to help him recall who he met, when he loses his memories.

- Then the thing is - he watches them, but doesn't mean he gets the memory back, right? What I'm getting at is - shouldn't his memory and his hard drive be separate things?

- In which case, why does JX erasing XQ from his memory bank, ALSO affect his memory? 

To be fair, the show didn't exactly say that he forgot XQ because JX erased her. He could have just forgotten XQ because of the rain, to which then the problem is what was different between the 1st and 2nd time. Unless the psychiatrist is right about her hurting him the 2nd time... 

Also why does he have no data of JX in his memory bank? Hmm.... maybe he built it after she was already out of the picture and he had already forgotten her? 

Ok, I should stop with the questions now and just enjoy the ride... 

Ooo I caught up to Episode 16 and I have answers for some of my own questions hahaha. For starters, he did build the memory bank after he went into the company, which is why there's not data of JX. 

On 9/6/2019 at 3:14 AM, ash1999 said:

I feel like when she can't control her power is because she's falling in love with Fang Leng. Her feelings have an impact on her power.

I think this might be the case. She's losing control of her powers whenever he or his name is mentioned. Then it stopped when she was being comforted by Fang Lie. 

On 9/6/2019 at 7:29 AM, usagi1997 said:

@angelflower From your translation it looks XQ still isn't sure that he loves her and that is why she leaves. I think it is rather the last one since otherwise why should she take two suitcases with her and go by taxi?

The other possibility is she feels bad that he got hurt because of her, and that's why she wants to leave. Of course also, Fang Leng has never outright expressed his feelings for her, particularly after she's starting to realise that she DOES have feelings. 

In Episode 15, when Assistant Han meets JX in the cafe, he tells her that Fang Leng told him to remind him to meet JX. JX asks if Fang Leng needed a reminder to meet XQ, and Assistant Han says no, that was his private arrangement. 

JX: So he needs a reminder to come see me, but he doesn't need one for her? Can't you just tell who's more important to him? (EXACTLY girl.)

Anyway, apparently JX did confess to him, and he had accepted her but then there was heavy rain that night, and the next day, she was forgotten by Fang Leng. That's why she claims she needs closure. Except she's totally in denial when Fang Leng's been more than clear that he has no feelings for her and doesn't think he ever will. Basically, not attracted. He even tells her despite all the gossip in the news, "I’m sorry for losing memories of you. But humans emotions cannot be lost. I only have admiration for you. I don’t want to hurt you again.”

I like how even though he's lost memories of XQ, he's pretty clear on the impression that she's not a harmful person nor someone who would harm others. Unlike JX, who's definitely not showing her best side nor impressing him by throwing XQ under the bus in front of the press.

I hope the show will be careful about the no-touching rule for XQ. She got into trouble both times when there was direct contact from Fang Lie, and she's said that no one can touch her except Fang Leng. But they've been skating the line quite fine in recent episodes when different people have touched her, including Ms. Chai and JX too. They were careful about not being in direct contact with the skin, but it's come preeeety close couple times. 

@angelflower I think the touching affects her when it is not on covered skin. In the first episodes Fang Lei sees her gloves and that is why touching with her hands doesn't get her in trouble. A long(!) forehead kiss is different. She only reacted after a while since FangLei didn't let her go instantly.

About the memory database. She seems to be connected to his brain directly. In the trailer you can see XQ deleting it herself. Probably because she has to return after all, so he won't go through the pain of loosing someone dear again. Hopefully the rain scence in front of the restaurant is connected to it, so that could mean he doesn't need it anymore.

Spoiler

From the BTS you also can see that Wannabe's minion seem to go astray and kidnapping XB. FangLeng has a supernatural Damsel in distress. Even though I'm not a fan of such characters I adore XQ being saved by him. It is so cute and fluffy executed...and totally stupid. :D I love it.

Besides, I think for Bie this Drama is a real workout. He constantly is running and has to carry his actress. I have seen Costume Drama with less "action". And he truly is running. I have seen so many fake running it is a nice difference to have real fit actor who doesn't look faint in this scences. :phew:

More BTS
https://bit.ly/2m0bWq5
https://bit.ly/2m1iwg4
https://bit.ly/2lBYs3V (this one is older but wasn't up at Tencent before)

And I really like the GIFs cut from that person.

https://bit.ly/2k50LvJ

Archived