[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Girlfriend is an Alien 外星女生柴小七

sugarplum892

I like that they "recycle" outfits since who has a new one every day even when he/she can afford it? I always find it ridicolous when characers are too poor to even afford enough food but never wear something twice in the entire Drama. All the clothes they wear are made very well and look like made from good fabric, so I think it is branded stuff. I liked XQ's fake knotted College sweater shirt. 

@libra22 Or Fang Leng is a typical man who only goes for new clothes when the old ones are worn out. He wasn't married. :wink:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am fine with the recycling outfits. Xiaoqi is such a simple girl, from love to food that it made sense she's not picky about her clothes. If my memory serves me right in one of the episode she opened her closet and there was one working outfit only lol. I'm like girl, stop staring at it you have but one choice hahaha 

3 hours ago, ash1999 said:

I am fine with the recycling outfits. Xiaoqi is such a simple girl, from love to food that it made sense she's not picky about her clothes. If my memory serves me right in one of the episode she opened her closet and there was one working outfit only lol. I'm like girl, stop staring at it you have but one choice hahaha 

The production team forgot to put the wedding dress and the off-shoulder white dress (my favourite dress for XQ) that she stole from the departmental store in the closet as well.

Finished the drama it was a cute ending but I was disappointed we didn't see anymore of my favourite characters Xiaobu or Miss Chai in the future scenes:bawling: The y were the two cutest and funniest characters after the adorable Xiao Qi in my opinion.

I completed the drama because I stuck with it so far but, honestly, lost interest a few episodes ago as I felt the drama dragged on too long for such a thin plot.  They could have cut at least 4 episodes I seriously don't think it would have made a difference to the story. 

I also found it very annoying the villains didn't get any real punishment for their nasty behaviour in this drama.  The scientist who kidnapped, assaulted and tortured Xiao was in hospital last we heard of him; no comeuppance to Fang Lie's mother  and uncle for their shady actions throughout the drama; no punishment for the annoying, obsessive, underhanded, lying second lead who ends the drama with a meet-cute with our sweet Fang Lie and I guess we are just supposed to forget all her previous behaviour and start rooting for their romance or something :wacko:

8 hours ago, raziela said:

I also found it very annoying the villains didn't get any real punishment for their nasty behaviour in this drama.  The scientist who kidnapped, assaulted and tortured Xiao was in hospital last we heard of him; no comeuppance to Fang Lie's mother  and uncle for their shady actions throughout the drama; no punishment for the annoying, obsessive, underhanded, lying second lead who ends the drama with a meet-cute with our sweet Fang Lie and I guess we are just supposed to forget all her previous behaviour and start rooting for their romance or something :wacko:

The minion ended in jail with brain damage. All other characters weren't evil. They were antagonists. So, when Fang Lei resolutely refused being part of their game and Daddy supported Fang Leng everything went poof. Fang Leng and XQ never will become friends with them but except being thorns from time to time they aren't someone to be bothered with.

13 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

The minion ended in jail with brain damage. All other characters weren't evil. They were antagonists. So, when Fang Lei resolutely refused being part of their game and Daddy supported Fang Leng everything went poof. Fang Leng and XQ never will become friends with them but except being thorns from time to time they aren't someone to be bothered with.

Thanks for recapping what happened to the minion. The episodes really started to drag for me so my attention wandered and I must have missed that detail.

The mother and uncle lost and Fang Leng stayed in charge and Fang Lei left so I suppose that is some sort of justice.

I don't agree about the female second lead. She might not be evil but she has shown no genuine remorse or redemption for her nasty behaviour. A last scene setting up a romance with a character the audience actually likes and cares about (Fang Lei) left a bad taste and is lazy writing. I would rather they had used that screentime to set up a happy ending for a far more worthy character like Miss Chai.

Thank you very much for the subtitles:) @libra22

@raziela I agree in terms with JX partly since I truly hope she won‘t get him. He still has a soft spot for her like Fang Leng for XQ from the beginning.
JX isn‘t evil and what she did wasn’t affecting anyone for long since others weren’t willing to follow her for long or she was the one who couldn’t go through with it. Remorse wouldn’t fit her character like stepmom and uncle. They are too spoiled and used to get what they want. That won‘t change. In that way it ended consistently.

While quilting I started to rewatch the Drama yesterday and noticed that Fang Leng had an instant affection for QX. After their first kiss he was shy when he saw her in the company and he was insanely jealous of Fang Lei every time even when it was only in his head. And for him she never was his fake girlfriend but the real deal. :blush:

7 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

While quilting I started to rewatch the Drama yesterday and noticed that Fang Leng had an instant affection for QX. After their first kiss he was shy when he saw her in the company and he was insanely jealous of Fang Lei every time even when it was only in his head. And for him she never was his fake girlfriend but the real deal. :blush:

I agreed that XQ was never his fake girlfriend. He just go along with her as that is the only way for XQ to stays with him when she pretends to be his fake girlfriend to save him from his father's questioning why he visited a psychological clinic. His heart already softened when XQ saves him from revealing his illness when the doctor (sent by Fang Lei's grandmother) tried to hypnotise him and also show him her hallucination world in ep 4. That's why he went back to save XQ from the reporters despite knowing that it is going to rain soon and his condition will relapse again. He also started to get jealous with Fang Lei in as early as ep 5 when XQ said she wants to leave one of the couple dolls for someone.  

Wow! It is so sad, that they cut that off. I love it. Looks like it is from one of the WeTV channels. Hope we will get a bit more BTS and cuts. Especially cuts we saw very little and we Drama viewers love them.

Too bad Director's cuts are seem to be unheared in China (probably because of the dubbing) and Webdramas don't get relased official on DVD/BR. I instantly would order a DC version for this one.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:55 AM, libra22 said:

I agreed that XQ was never his fake girlfriend. He just go along with her as that is the only way for XQ to stays with him when she pretends to be his fake girlfriend to save him from his father's questioning why he visited a psychological clinic. His heart already softened when XQ saves him from revealing his illness when the doctor (sent by Fang Lei's grandmother) tried to hypnotise him and also show him her hallucination world in ep 4. That's why he went back to save XQ from the reporters despite knowing that it is going to rain soon and his condition will relapse again. He also started to get jealous with Fang Lei in as early as ep 5 when XQ said she wants to leave one of the couple dolls for someone.  

Fang Leng fell for her first as she's in LaLa land most of the time when it comes to him. She was all about the chest for a while lol. Not to add, a good 8 episodes or so she was still trying to be a matchmaker between him and Miss Jiang. His face always drop when she said they are not a real couple and clearly disappointed but even if he wears his heart on his sleeves I don't think she took notice of it because she's not aware of those emotions. When Fang Leng brings up Fang Lie's name, she tends to quickly asked him what does it have to do with Fang Lie not realizing the significance of him throwing his little brother's name in her face every chance he gets.

I still think he has one of the sweetest love for Xiaoqi. The things he does for her, stands up for her and he doesn't wavered and is patience enough (though sometimes kind of comes across as needy) but who cares...hahhaha. He's a ML that knows what he wanted and that was Xiaoqi. And once his heart sets on her there's no turning back. 

11 hours ago, ash1999 said:

I still think he has one of the sweetest love for Xiaoqi. The things he does for her, stands up for her and he doesn't wavered and is patience enough (though sometimes kind of comes across as needy) but who cares...hahhaha. He's a ML that knows what he wanted and that was Xiaoqi. And once his heart sets on her there's no turning back. 

Yeah, he is one of these devoted lovers who clearly states who he loves and goes against everyone who wants to hurt her. I also never understood how he got the label womanizer when he clearly didn't even kiss the girls. Probably an Asian thing thinking him as marriage candidate after one or two dates. As far I understood both parties were rather business like otherwise they wouldn't have agreed with the deals after. They all didn't had feelings for each other since that is what was still there when he forgot XQ.
Another series with a devoted male like that is "The Legends". But it isn't a fluffy RomCom.

What proably was cut out or never got said, is if he liked JX more than a brother. His body clearly remembered her since he asked her at the beginning if they know each other. If JX were honest then, she would have had a chance but her pride won. I still think they were friends and he refused her and that was the reason why she went away instead of pursuing him like she did later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started watching this drama a day ago and now on ep13...

Its quite relaxing drama... rich step-brothers who doesnt kill each other but instead cared for each other... the alien gf who is overly kind while the male lead who confessed early and tries to to woo the girl... 

Ok... how did they even managed to delete his memory???? Is he a robot? Hahah

Archived