[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Girlfriend is an Alien 外星女生柴小七

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, whome said:

Taiwan dramas got some good kissing scenes. Seems their actors/actresses can kiss. They are so professional about it and it's so believable that it makes one think that they co-stars are dating off screen cause it's so believable. Just finished watching "Before We Get Married," and holy wow...the kiss scenes between Jasper Liu & Puff Kuo is sizzling and hot!!!

K-drama kissing (depending on the actress) is a bit awkward too. C-dramas are improving a bit but there's a few Chinese actresses who are reserved. But I think Thai Lakorn kissing scenes are way to awkward and mild. Even J-dramas are improving by leaps and bounds.

Some K dramas have some passionate kissings and some C dramas have good ones too. But I have been watching lakorns for so long, even small kisses are still better. I mean, lakorns doesn't even hide the thumb stuff. Lakorns are well known for their slap/kiss storyline. But the kisses aren't even compatible to the story lol. Especially, when they zoomed into the couple...can't they at least not make it so obvious that it's fake lol.

I have been watching a Turkish drama called Vuslat. Amazing...amazing actor in there. Talking about acting with his eyes only. Anyway, since it's a state run channel there's no kissing but the drama is about a little over 2 hours per episode and the main couple gets like 10-15 screen time hahahah. And I keep on telling myself if I can withstand such a thing, I can have patience for any drama lol. 

I think, if the storyline calls for kissing then before taking on the project they should able to put everything aside and perform accordingly. But sometimes, I wonder if its half the fault of the casting people. If they pick the leads knowing they don't do all out kissing then that's on them also. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

I think, if the storyline calls for kissing then before taking on the project they should able to put everything aside and perform accordingly. But sometimes, I wonder if its half the fault of the casting people. If they pick the leads knowing they don't do all out kissing then that's on them also. 

Agree. They are and should be professional enough, plus after all, it is their job/career. If one is actually married or has a significant other and don't want to upset them with love/kiss scenes (I'm not talking about nudity), then perhaps either 1) this job isn't for them; 2) accept roles that don't have love lines or 3) choose a different genre drama/film to act in.

Many, many, many Hollywood actors/actresses are married and they give it their all in these kind of scenes. They're professional enough to not cross the line (majority of them). Their job is to make the audience believe you are the character that you're portraying. You want the audience to invest their time in knowing and following your character, not you as the actor. 

9 hours ago, whome said:

Ugh...don't get me started on Love O2O. Yang Yang can kiss, but Zhang Shuang cannot if her life depended on it. I don't know if the actress herself is just too shy but all their kissing are awkward. You can see Yang Yang doing his best with the kissing, but it's like he's kissing a fish/statue. The drama is a rom-com but dang the kissing was so awkward! 

I understand that it was the first boyfriend/relationship the character  Wei Wei had, and she was a bit reserved. However, ZS portrayed her so awkward in so many scenes. I loved the novel, and was so disappointed in the drama. I'm not a fan of Angelbaby's actiing, but I thought her movie version of Wei Wei was so much better and that's saying a lot! BTW, Li Xian (Gun in Go Go Squid) has a small role in the movie version as the main lead's sidekick buddies.

Zheng Shuang is like a dead fish in kissing scenes.  (She's like a dead fish in any scene IMO. Just a terrible actress)  I read that in the Rush to the Dead Summer drama she refused to have a kiss scene with the male lead so they just filmed one of those really fake lips barely touching using angles to make it look like a "kiss scene". The only reason to watch that drama is for the second leads anyway.

1 hour ago, ash1999 said:

24 minutes ago, whome said:

Agree. They are and should be professional enough, plus after all, it is their job/career. If one is actually married or has a significant other and don't want to upset them with love/kiss scenes (I'm not talking about nudity), then perhaps either 1) this job isn't for them; 2) accept roles that don't have love lines or 3) choose a different genre drama/film to act in.

Many, many, many Hollywood actors/actresses are married and they give it their all in these kind of scenes. They're professional enough to not cross the line (majority of them). Their job is to make the audience believe you are the character that you're portraying. You want the audience to invest their time in knowing and following your character, not you as the actor. 

I totally agree with you both. I think it's simply unprofessional if kisses are part of the script and the actors refuses to kiss during the scene properly.  Especially in dramas like this where the actress and actor are clearly on two different pages during most of their kiss scenes and it just ends up looking awkward.

Also agree he blame lies on the casting and production team as kiss scenes should be something that are discussed beforehand. They shouldn't be casting actresses who are uncomfortable with kiss scenes in a drama where the script clearly calls for numerous kisses.

The channel put out so many spoilers. I wished they would hold off on the ending clip before the episode is being subtitles...but nope they post the ending already hahhaha...talking about being very nice. 

Bie did fantastic in his crying scenes. I couldn't get into him in Cinderella Chef...because he just comes across as IDK how to even describe it. But in here, he shows he has great potential going forward. 

On 9/23/2019 at 1:02 AM, usagi1997 said:

I know that song since it is available at European iTunes. It is nice but his Alien Girlfriend OST is more my taste, proably because of the emotional attachment. Probably because the song just is more my taste. :P

Bie sang the OST live for this drama yesterday.

He sang the chorus in Thai version too upon fans' request.

And upon fans' request to sing a Thai song, he sang this song which he said he is his favourite Thai song recently. The rhythm is actually not bad.

Bie's fans asked him if there will be season 2 of My Girlfriend is an Alien during the event yesterday (28 Sep 19). He said need to ask the production. He also said that he had earlier discussed with the Director to produce season 2 at the same time. In season 2, he will go to XQ's planet instead. This is a good one! :D

3 hours ago, libra22 said:

Bie's fans asked him if there will be season 2 of My Girlfriend is an Alien during the event yesterday (28 Sep 19). He said need to ask the production. He also said that he had earlier discussed with the Director to produce season 2 at the same time. In season 2, he will go to XQ's planet instead. This is a good one! :D

Well, as long the storyline is good I don't mind a S2 but I don't need one. The idea is good since XQ surely will get in trouble again when loosing blood while giving birth :sweatingbullets:. I got drained more blood each month as child :phew:. Or proably she prefers reproduction like on hers planet. Or they adopt, problem solved = no S2 :naughty:.

I think season 1 ended just fine. I don't want them to mess with something that's not broken. Even if they have great chemistry, when there's not much to go on to create season 2 then it'll ruined what's already good. Are they going to have a female alien comes between them. I mean, we Miss Jiang and she was annoying imagine an Alien, no thanks lol

Here's an interview of Bie talking about kiss scene, chemistry with XQ, etc. 

Here's the english translation of the interview:

Hello everyone, Indonesian fans, I'm Xu Zhi Xian.

Question1: There are a lot of kiss scenes in this drama. How do you feel when you are acting kiss scene?

Bie: I'll feel shy because it is kiss scene, I'll brush my teeth more and take care of my breath.I won't think too much of it as it is kiss scene. Viewers feel sweet and enjoy nice kissing scenes. So I'm ok with kiss scene and will not resist it strongly since it is just acting.

Question 2: Any plans to visit your fans in Indonesia?

Bie: I heard that "My Girlfriend is An Alien" is very popular in Indonesia and South East Asia. I'm very happy and hope that there will be opportunity to meet up with Indonesian's fans.

Question 3: How do you build up the chemistry with Wan Peng (Actress who acted as Xiaoqi)?

Bie: Actually I have seen her before we start filming when all actors gathered around. Her acting was also quite good. Very natural. I was quite happy when it was confirmed that we will both be acting in the drama because we were very natural during rehearsal. So I thought we should be able to have good tacit understanding during filming and that is the chemistry that you guys have seen in the drama.

Question 4: Where did you get your idea from on acting as Fang Leng?

Bie: Actually no. Yes, I get my reference from watching those dramas with overbearing bosses. After getting to know the direction of overbearing boss, I will set up my own idea of Fang Leng. I have tried my best to act well as Fang Leng and it was great. I am very happy.

Woah, check this out! He is really amazing, "just the way you are"! He even added the words "Baby" & "Darling" in the chorus! :kiss_wink:

When I see your face , BABY!

There's not a thing that I would change 'cause you're amazing Just the way you are

And when you smile, DARLING!....

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Girlfriend is an Alien 外星女生柴小七
5 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

Even though the official Weibo went to (everlasting?) sleep, Weibo is still quite active. Few cute XQ pictures:

m5y9sq8d.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

h8d9z4be.jpg m27r6lyk.jpg ddz8slxi.jpg

3d7d6rff.jpg

udrt9blv.jpg

2o7btu85.jpg

x8dqbcn5.jpg

28tb25zg.jpg

vbua2hzk.gif

Makes me missed the earlier scenes. This drama is the only one where I don't mind them recycling their outfits lol. I think Xiaoqi has about 5 or 6 outfits total hahhaha. I understand though since she's an Alien and it doesn't seemed like she's a materialistic one lol

9 hours ago, ash1999 said:

Makes me missed the earlier scenes. This drama is the only one where I don't mind them recycling their outfits lol. I think Xiaoqi has about 5 or 6 outfits total hahhaha. I understand though since she's an Alien and it doesn't seemed like she's a materialistic one lol

Fang Leng also recycled his outfits a few times. Think i saw that blue jacket many times whenever he's not in suit. Seems like he don't have any other casual outfit.  Considering that he is supposed to be very rich in the drama, they should change his outfit more often. Maybe this is the difference between Chinese drama and korean drama. One hardly sees the leads recycled their outfits in korean drama. 

Archived