[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Girlfriend is an Alien 外星女生柴小七

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, ash1999 said:

Can I say, Mr. Han has some serious beautiful skin. I don't even need a Fang Leng if I have an assistant like him, I'm content lol. 

But his taste with Suit prints...well...ist something that can be improved :sweatingbullets:. There are way to many female assistants Dramas outside there anyway. I won't mind a male assistant Drama :thumbsup:.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

And since this isn't a Bie only thread, posters of the others too.

Thanks for posting the other posters especially starting with my favourite big sister, lover of money and restaurant proprietor, Miss Chai!:lol:

Also I noticed Fang Leng's doctor friend and personal assistant actors are actually both good looking guys but styled to look unattractive with the crazy hair, loud suits and fake glasses in the drama:sweatingbullets:

Wow looks like this forum has been really active over the weekend haha...

Watched Ep 25... guess what - no Jiang Xue :ph34r: but then again, she's really not very much of importance lol.

There were kisses on that counter in front of the mirror in Fang Leng's bedroom... but it was quite sad lol - Bie worked hard but I don't know if it's Wan Peng who couldn't do it or asked to not react in character... it was quite awkward...

Off to watch Ep 26...

26 minutes ago, angelflower said:

Watched Ep 25... guess what - no Jiang Xue :ph34r: but then again, she's really not very much of importance lol.

Reveal hidden contents

There were kisses on that counter in front of the mirror in Fang Leng's bedroom... but it was quite sad lol - Bie worked hard but I don't know if it's Wan Peng who couldn't do it or asked to not react in character... it was quite awkward...

Off to watch Ep 26...

That's the kiss I was getting onto Xiaoqi about lol. Fang Leng was trying to be very romantic and he was following her lips...but nah, Xiaoqi isn't having it she kept on giving him the side cheek or the foam soap (whatever it is he put on her face). She was was like, you can kiss my cheek or you can have the foam soap. He didn't want the cheek so he ends up with the foam soap instead hahhaha

@ash1999 Urgh I am a bit annoyed about it because it's like.... either do it properly or don't do it. I don't understand like, if she was supposed to be shy/ didn't want to be kissed, then stop the kissing. But it went on for a while in that awkward manner =.= It's like half-assing it for fan service...

Anyway, so much (better) stuff happened in Ep 26!

So XQ decided to be a noble idiot and delete all of Fang Leng's memories. It was painful to watch him in agony over their ('cos Fang Lie helped XQ) betrayal and that scene in the rain... ooof 

:tears:

BUT. Something happened in that moment when XQ held him as he collapsed, and it was all his memories flooding back, which continued even as he lay unconscious in the hospital. Fang Leng finally remembered EVERYTHING! Right to the point where she saved him in the car accident in the beginning.

Which is why he isn't fazed at all when Fang Lie reveals XQ's identity as an alien; in fact, he says it first lol. Fang Leng's faux amnesia bit with XQ was very entertaining though haha. But now, I love that the brothers are hatching a plan to figure out what's wrong with XQ.

Oh and when he recovered his memories, apparently he never realised that his mum died because of him... I always thought it was obvious from the flashbacks shown but guess not. He thought it was his father, and apparently that was the reason he hated him. I thought it was because of Dad's controlling manner and marrying evil stepmom. Hmm. 

@angelflower I don't really mind the weird kiss all that much. I find it amusing. Because their first kiss Fang didn't want to kiss her back so I just figured they are even. Besides, Xiaoqi made up for it at the balloon kiss cause it was pretty open mouth and some lower lips kissing. I think Wan Peng was shy more so than how Xiaoqi is supposed to act...just like the selfie kiss. It was a shy Wan Peng. They do have some cute kissing scenes though.

Haha I think I'm just going to selectively forget about that scene.

Episode 27 was so angsty...

I love the effects of the perfume and that they used it on XQ haha... So amazing that he got her to reveal all her secrets without her even realising or remembering. Also love how clever he was at getting XB to type on the computer.

For a moment I thought XB was going to be sacrificed but luckily she wasn't. Phew. I never thought she was going to harm Fang Leng since she cares for XQ and she obviously understands how important he is to XQ. 

I thought the angst was done well in that they were both motivated for good reason... she wanted to throw away the annunciator because she might not be able to come back if she leaves; she asked if she could be his mayfly, whose sole purpose is to mate in the one day that it lives. At the same time he couldn't let her stay for him because it meant she would die. The whole scene on the bridge was quite beautiful.

And now onto the last episode... 

2 hours ago, angelflower said:

Reveal hidden contents

Off to watch Ep 26...

1 hour ago, angelflower said:

@ash1999 Urgh I am a bit annoyed about it because it's like.... either do it properly or don't do it. I don't understand like, if she was supposed to be shy/ didn't want to be kissed, then stop the kissing. But it went on for a while in that awkward manner =.= It's like half-assing it for fan service...

Anyway, so much (better) stuff happened in Ep 26!

Reveal hidden contents

So XQ decided to be a noble idiot and delete all of Fang Leng's memories. It was painful to watch him in agony over their ('cos Fang Lie helped XQ) betrayal and that scene in the rain... ooof 

:tears:

BUT. Something happened in that moment when XQ held him as he collapsed, and it was all his memories flooding back, which continued even as he lay unconscious in the hospital. Fang Leng finally remembered EVERYTHING! Right to the point where she saved him in the car accident in the beginning.

Which is why he isn't fazed at all when Fang Lie reveals XQ's identity as an alien; in fact, he says it first lol. Fang Leng's faux amnesia bit with XQ was very entertaining though haha. But now, I love that the brothers are hatching a plan to figure out what's wrong with XQ.

Oh and when he recovered his memories, apparently he never realised that his mum died because of him... I always thought it was obvious from the flashbacks shown but guess not. He thought it was his father, and apparently that was the reason he hated him. I thought it was because of Dad's controlling manner and marrying evil stepmom. Hmm. 

This!  I agree the kiss scenes so far in this drama are just awkward. Obviously the actress isn't comfortable with kiss scenes so I don't know why they put so many in because they really are not fun to watch when Wan Peng/Xiaoqi  is clearly not into it at all. Heck, I'd rather they just gave us cute skinship like a hug or a forehead kiss than these kisses where the actor is doing all the work and the actress looks like she'd rather be somewhere else :ph34r:

Maybe I am used to weird kissings. I watched lakorns forever that a little lips touching get me excited. In lakorn world, they angle the camera like crazy (to make it look like they are kissing) or have the thumb in between the lips...or when the ML leans into the FL before the lips are touching they either black out or the camera focus on the ceiling, the wall or some silly stuff in the room rather than the couple hahhaha. We got used to it that we laughed it off. And some actresses even have it in their contract no kissing allowed. So, even if in here there are a few misses of an actual kiss there are some that aren't bad and way more than what I'm used to seeing. 

Hmmm...I wonder if he's married that she's holding back. Anyhow, they still have such great chemistry that I overlook their little flaws.

Okay I'm all done. Wow. Can't believe it's all finished....

The kiss scenes in Ep 28 were better, I'll give her that. Doesn't negate the weird ones though haha. Oh well, you live and learn. Perhaps Wan Peng just needs more experience. There were a lot of romantic moments and skinship scattered throughout the series, to be fair. 

Ok, big spoiler for this episode: 

I was half right about the moment XQ was taken away! It DID happen at the pedestrian crossing! I was holding my breath when they went shopping because I recognised the clothes Fang Leng was wearing. I was wrong about him not being with her, because he was, BUT it was probably worse because he only had his back turned and he was afraid to turn back when time stopped because he knew she wouldn't be there. Oooof *heartbreak* That was done amazingly.

Smaller spoiler:

It's so funny that Fang Leng agreed to "date" other women because XQ said she'd be angry with him from above. So cute how he tried to make her jealous and mad enough so that she'd come back.

Will slowly wean myself off by watching BTS videos... It's been a fun ride with you guys! :D

44 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

@angelflower yes, at least by the end of the drama she initiates a kiss. I think the kiss was more realistic cause Wan Peng probably thinking, oh, well, drama over what's one good kiss going to hurt hahaha 

Exactly! That was my thought too. Think she was more reserved in the earlier kissing scenes as she was shy and he was such good looking fellow & married. She opened up towards the end of the drama as that was the last few chances to kiss such handsome guy! And strangely when it comes to touching him especially his chest, she wasn’t shy at all!  I wonder if he feels anything with her hands all over him!

I read all your opinions about the kisses and I have my own too. I agree with you that besides the first (I like how she is all over him without any awkwardness) and the last kiss, the kisses were lacking. But they weren't bad. I also can't agree that WP is uncomfortable. Watch the kisses in Love O2O series and THEN you will know how an actress will look like :angry:. For me it rather looks like WP isn't taking it serious. She looks like she is laughting while doing that :ph34r:. In that way you can complain that she didn't took her job serious and all were depending on Bie who did his best but wasn't a magican especially since the scences were quite long and close to the face.

What you all are forgetting is the role the director is playing here. He allowed the scences to go through. So probably he didn't care or he wanted(!!!) it to look like that. As much I really liked how he directed the entire series when it comes to the (for us) most significant scences he seriously lacked. :weary:

4 hours ago, angelflower said:

Ok, big spoiler for this episode: 

Hide contents

I was half right about the moment XQ was taken away! It DID happen at the pedestrian crossing! I was holding my breath when they went shopping because I recognised the clothes Fang Leng was wearing. I was wrong about him not being with her, because he was, BUT it was probably worse because he only had his back turned and he was afraid to turn back when time stopped because he knew she wouldn't be there. Oooof *heartbreak* That was done amazingly.

Spoiler

I especially liked how Bie cried here. The tears even running out of his nose. It makes the heartbreak of Fang Leng even more visible without being over the top. I really liked that scene. Kudos to him and the director.

And after finishing the entire series I'm weird out by the directors of Cinderella Chef. He never wasn't allowed to act out like that and even the emotional scences were flat. It is a shame how a bad directing can make the work of all actors look flat and lacking. Probably Bie couldn't go into his role then but I don't blame him any longer for that. The entire story was a mess and his character was changing so often that he probably got confused. After all he is quite new. The only consistant character was the FL and the bandit boss. He surely proved his skills for me in Alien girlfriend and I will keep an eye of his hopefully future Drama for sure. Maybe some is also my cup of tea.

8 hours ago, usagi1997 said:

I read all your opinions about the kisses and I have my own too. I agree with you that besides the first (I like how she is all over him without any awkwardness) and the last kiss, the kisses were lacking. But they weren't bad. I also can't agree that WP is uncomfortable. Watch the kisses in Love O2O series and THEN you will know how an actress will look like :angry:. For me it rather looks like WP isn't taking it serious. She looks like she is laughting while doing that :ph34r:. In that way you can complain that she didn't took her job serious and all were depending on Bie who did his best but wasn't a magican especially since the scences were quite long and close to the face.

What you all are forgetting is the role the director is playing here. He allowed the scences to go through. So probably he didn't care or he wanted(!!!) it to look like that. As much I really liked how he directed the entire series when it comes to the (for us) most significant scences he seriously lacked. :weary:

Ugh...don't get me started on Love O2O. Yang Yang can kiss, but Zhang Shuang cannot if her life depended on it. I don't know if the actress herself is just too shy but all their kissing are awkward. You can see Yang Yang doing his best with the kissing, but it's like he's kissing a fish/statue. The drama is a rom-com but dang the kissing was so awkward! 

I understand that it was the first boyfriend/relationship the character  Wei Wei had, and she was a bit reserved. However, ZS portrayed her so awkward in so many scenes. I loved the novel, and was so disappointed in the drama. I'm not a fan of Angelbaby's actiing, but I thought her movie version of Wei Wei was so much better and that's saying a lot! BTW, Li Xian (Gun in Go Go Squid) has a small role in the movie version as the main lead's sidekick buddies.

But I agree wholeheartedly with someone's post about the awkwardness in kissing in Lakorns. They have a lot of 'fake kissing' like camera angles. It is really cringy and awkward. But the few actors/actresses who actually will do real kisses, I find their scenes much more satisfying (a lot of lakorns on cable really go all out kissing). 

This is one of the funny scenes. Fang Leng wanted to buy clothes and jewelries for XQ to bring back to her planet.

XQ: We don't wear these kind of clothes.

FL: Let's go, listen to me.

XQ: Really don't need it.

FL: What do you think about this?

Salesgirl1: Sir, you have a keen fashion scene, this is one of our latest collection. It is very suitable for this lady.

FL: Woah, we'll take it.

Salesgirl1: Sure, I'll pack it for you later.

XQ: Don't..

FL: This one.

XQ: Enough

FL: And this one.

XQ: Really, it's enough. Don't take anymore.

FL: This one.

XQ: Ok.

FL: I don't want those that i have picked. Please help me pack the rest of the clothing in the store

XQ: It's too many for me.

Salesgirl2: Sir, are you sure you want to pack all the clothing?

FL: I don't like to repeat the words that I've said the second time.

Salesgirl2: We'll immediately pack the clothes for you.

FL: What is it?

XQ: Are you crazy?

FL: What's wrong?

XQ: You bought so may clothes for me, do you want me to be a fashion wholesaler?

FL: Let's take it that these are some fresh stuff for your friends. Ai ya, if you don't want to wear, you can give it to your friends.

XQ: No need. Really no need.

FL: Ok, listen to me.

XQ: Who wants you to contact? If you dare to contact, I'll tear down your store, do you believe it?

XQ to FL: What's so funny?

FL: XQ! Ok

Salesgirl2: I think you have mistaken my intention

XQ: What's there to be mistaken? I can smell the hormones coming from your body. We don't want the clothes anymore.

FL to salesgirl2: I'm sorry.

Salesgirl2: Hey, sir

Salesgirl1: What are you doing?

FL : What's wrong? Come here. (he can't stop laughing)

XQ: What's so funny?

FL. Nothing. Rarely you'll be jealous for me. I'm so happy.

XQ: What's there to be happy about? Let me tell you this. If you dare to flirt outside, I'll, I'll...

FL: What will you do?

XQ: I'll, I'll scold you from up there!

The scene in ep 26 where Fang Leng rushes to the restaurant to confront XQ the reasons for deleting their memory bank was so funny. Here's what happened!

Sister Cai: Oh, I'm familiar with this sound. It's President Fang's car. Is he coming to catch you?

XQ: Sis, is there any hole here. Those that can allow one to escape. Any hole is fine.

Sister Cai: That's no hole here. There's a bar counter. Go and hide. I'll cover for you.

Fang Leng: Cai XQ. Come out!

Sister Cai: I'm sorry, President Fang, we are closed for the day. Why don't you come back another day?

Fang Leng: I'll call you one last time. Cai XQ!

Sister Cai: She's not hiding behind the bar counter!

XQ stand up asking FL: Why are you looking for me?

FL walks to the bar counter and carried XQ.

XQ: Put me down! Sister Cai! Put me down!

Sister Cai: XQ, why are you so stupid? I've covered for you so well, why did you stand up? :D

4 hours ago, whome said:

I understand that it was the first boyfriend/relationship the character  Wei Wei had, and she was a bit reserved. However, ZS portrayed her so awkward in so many scenes. I loved the novel, and was so disappointed in the drama. I'm not a fan of Angelbaby's actiing, but I thought her movie version of Wei Wei was so much better and that's saying a lot! BTW, Li Xian (Gun in Go Go Squid) has a small role in the movie version as the main lead's sidekick buddies.

But I agree wholeheartedly with someone's post about the awkwardness in kissing in Lakorns. They have a lot of 'fake kissing' like camera angles. It is really cringy and awkward. But the few actors/actresses who actually will do real kisses, I find their scenes much more satisfying (a lot of lakorns on cable really go all out kissing). 

The kiss in the movie was sizzly hot and nothing anyone can complain about. Also the entire script was better. The entire characters were more human and easy to feel for. The series was too perfect. Like some high-glossy photo album.

About awkward kisses...I started with J-Drama 30 years ago. Believe me, that kisses in Lakorns are hot compared. I still remember watching the first "true" kiss in TW Meteor Garden...I was just scandalized :joy: and then fell in love.

47 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

The kiss in the movie was sizzly hot and nothing anyone can complain about. Also the entire script was better. The entire characters were more human and easy to feel for. The series was too perfect. Like some high-glossy photo album.

About awkward kisses...I started with J-Drama 30 years ago. Believe me, that kisses in Lakorns are hot compared. I still remember watching the first "true" kiss in TW Meteor Garden...I was just scandalized :joy: and then fell in love.

Taiwan dramas got some good kissing scenes. Seems their actors/actresses can kiss. They are so professional about it and it's so believable that it makes one think that they co-stars are dating off screen cause it's so believable. Just finished watching "Before We Get Married," and holy wow...the kiss scenes between Jasper Liu & Puff Kuo is sizzling and hot!!!

K-drama kissing (depending on the actress) is a bit awkward too. C-dramas are improving a bit but there's a few Chinese actresses who are reserved. But I think Thai Lakorn kissing scenes are way to awkward and mild. Even J-dramas are improving by leaps and bounds.

Archived