Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Girlfriend is an Alien 外星女生柴小七

1 hour ago, ash1999 said:

@usagi1997 Xiaoqi needs to stop running away from her man. How can she leaves him standing there all by himself? Beside him saying I love you, he can't be more obvious hahhaha. Anyhow, I can't stress just how much I like Fang Leng and Xiaoqi. Their effortless chemistry is so addicting:wub:

I think she is overwhelmed. He should have gone after her. She needs a bit "guidance". Push and pull gets a bit boring after a while especially when she is so much in love and already knows it. Let's hope EP24 will be another trigger for getting further. FangLeng isn't the problem here. :lol:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

I think she is overwhelmed. He should have gone after her. She needs a bit "guidance". Push and pull gets a bit boring after a while especially when she is so much in love and already knows it. Let's hope EP24 will be another trigger for getting further. FangLeng isn't the problem here. :lol:

He stood rooted to the ground not believing she left him hahhaha. Short of him getting down on one knee to propose, he's running out of ways to show his feelings. But with the way Xiaoqi is, she probably stood there blinking at him all crazy. So, that might not work on her lol

To me, considering it's only 28 episodes I sort of don't mind a whole lot with the push and pull. Plus, I'm going to miss Xiaoqi once it's over so a few more episodes even if she kept on running away from Fang Leng...I'll take it. Besides, he's not one to give up. Oh, he'll get frustrated but once she comes around and starts talking he's right back chasing her like nothing happens hahhaha

Ahh episode 17. Just watched a small clip(I’ll add it on). I died. His expression. His eyes. Also lmao love her reaction. They have fiery chemistry. He so wanted to kiss her. His eyes were so frustrated When she said sorry 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phoiphoi said:

how come there are only 6 pages in this thread?

I frankly expected a lot more or is this show underrated?

I guess the majority of Soompi users are more into K-drama's.

Anyway, I think this drama is a masterpiece!

The main leads are doing such a good job, especially Xiao Qi and her facial expressions. She's such a scene stealer, every time she appears the others becomes blurry in my eyes haha

It's been a while since I've laughed that much watching a drama. This show has become my all time favorite romcom tv series haha

can't wait for the last 8 eps

I even introduced my husband to the drama. He's not big with dramas so unless it's a drama I absolutely love then I would show it to him. He have had some laugh out loud moments with Xiaoqi. 

I love...love the car scene. Where Miss Jiang asked for a ride home and Fang Leng looks like he was about to refuse then Xiaoqi excitedly accepted on his behalf hahhaha. Her facial expressions was perfectly executed. The way she tried to eavesdrop on their conversation and pretending to fall asleep lol. And Fang Leng barely hold his attention for Miss Jiang when he's too busy looking at Xiaoqi through his rearview mirror. That scene always get me. And there's the part at the art show when Miss Jiang wanted to talk to Fang Leng alone, and Xiaoqi was like, sure... and tried to get away but he pulled her into the showroom. The way she turned to look at them lol. Even if I can't see her face I still find it funny.

I adore all her scenes even if she's not with Fang Leng. And even if she's with him I find myself more observant towards her no matter how handsome Fang Leng may be. She definitely made the drama. If Wan Peng was an annoying actress trying hard to be cute...all the Fang Leng in the world would still not make me watch the drama:)

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

I adore all her scenes even if she's not with Fang Leng. And even if she's with him I find myself more observant towards her no matter how handsome Fang Leng maybe. She definitely made the drama. If Wan Peng was an annoying actress trying hard to be cute...all the Fang Leng in the world would still not make me watch the drama:)

this! :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NEVERending said:

Ahh episode 17. Just watched a small clip(I’ll add it on). I died. His expression. His eyes. Also lmao love her reaction. They have fiery chemistry. He so wanted to kiss her. His eyes were so frustrated When she said sorry 

And she got the nerve to say it ever so nonchalantly that if she wanted to do something to him, she would tie him up and throw him on the bed and do whatever she wants. 

Girl, never say something like that to a guy that wants you, in his pajamas inside his room hahhaha. 

• LOL 2

46 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

And she got the nerve to say it ever so nonchalantly that if she wanted to do something to him, she would tie him up and throw him on the bed and do whatever she wants. 

Girl, never say something like that to a guy that wants you, in his pajamas inside his room hahhaha. 

Yes! This! Lol she’s so shameless but so innocent at the same time. But Fang Leng eyes stole the scene here. He was so exasperated but it was a fond look. Like this girl. He wants her so badly and she’s just so casual it’s hilarious 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ash1999 said:

I adore all her scenes even if she's not with Fang Leng. And even if she's with him I find myself more observant towards her no matter how handsome Fang Leng may be. She definitely made the drama. If Wan Peng was an annoying actress trying hard to be cute...all the Fang Leng in the world would still not make me watch the drama:)

I really agree with this!  It's funny you said this because I was just watching episode 10 today and realised I really don't care about the plot much.  I don't really care about all the nonsense with sapphires, art exhibitions, the family business and scheming stepmother, Miss Jiang, even Fang Leng's amnesia is just whatever. Wan Peng as Xiao Qi truly makes the drama.  Fang Leng is hot, Fang Lei is cute but Xiao Qi carries the drama.  She is so funny and cute and the actress is so good at physical comedy.

Also I was so surprised when I realised this is Yang Zi from When We Were Young.  I only recognised her because of her teeth:lol: She looks so pretty here and I love her hair in this drama.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NEVERending said:

Yes! This! Lol she’s so shameless but so innocent at the same time. But Fang Leng eyes stole the scene here. He was so exasperated but it was a fond look. Like this girl. He wants her so badly and she’s just so casual it’s hilarious 

Credit to Wan Peng that she's able to blend in the ditzy, naive, cute, innocent yet so freaking shameless when it comes to his body all with such smooth transition. To combine all those takes talent because so many actresses have a hard balancing them where it just comes out force. 

Fang Leng was in a hurry to dismiss Miss Jiang. If he could push her out he probably would lol j/k that's not his style. It's cute to see him wanting her the second time without a full memory of her. What I kind of like about Miss Jiang and Fang Leng is that, he has this no nonsense when it comes to people acting crazy that Miss Jiang can't do a whole lot to Xiaoqi in front of him. She can't scream, yell or just outright stupid. The only person that's allowed to yell or go outside of his comfort box is Xiaoqi:D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, raziela said:

I really agree with this!  It's funny you said this because I was just watching episode 10 today and realised I really don't care about the plot much.  I don't really care about all the nonsense with sapphires, art exhibitions, the family business and scheming stepmother, Miss Jiang, even Fang Leng's amnesia is just whatever. Wan Peng as Xiao Qi truly makes the drama.  Fang Leng is hot, Fang Lei is cute but Xiao Qi carries the drama.  She is so funny and cute and the actress is so good at physical comedy.

Also I was so surprised when I realised this is Yang Zi from When We Were Young.  I only recognised her because of her teeth:lol: She looks so pretty here and I love her hair in this drama.

I didn't recognize her at first because she looks really different from her drama "when we were young". I think she loss a bit of weight in here but at the same time she's pretty and matured. Her hair at first I didn't quite like but as the drama went on I find it suited her. 

The part I thought that she's dead on with her comedy timing is when she was waiting for Fang Leng to sleep with her. I don't know how many times I watched that scene and I still smile and find it utterly cute. The way she says, come on, come on let's sleep together hahaha...how she rubbed her hands and making that noise with that goofy smile hahhaha. She's a hot mess when it comes to him.

She's just brilliant as Xiaoqi...and her little facial movements are everything. Sometimes just her eyes alone makes all the difference. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

hello soompiers...

i am coming back to the forums just because this pair, it hooked me like i wish somebody do live recaps like other K-Dramas :D

i am also surprising, this thread only have 7 pages :( 

Just wondering, what episode is air for the live version?

Thank you

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nezniznoz said:

hello soompiers...

i am coming back to the forums just because this pair, it hooked me like i wish somebody do live recaps like other K-Dramas :D

i am also surprising, this thread only have 7 pages :( 

Just wondering, what episode is air for the live version?

Thank you

Raw version is up to episode 20 while the subtitles one will be up to episode 16. The pairing is fun to watch. Sometimes, I love the way Fang Leng just stares at Xiaoqi. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Welcome new people here :). The more the merrier but I'm sorry I think it is rude to complain about the length of this thread AGAIN. If it is too short for you add your own content and thoughts. This isn't a set table where you show up for dinner. :sweatingbullets: Especially when your questions show that you didn't even read any page before 7.

More BTS for us who even love the tiniest spoilers :w00t:.

https://bit.ly/2lKYqqm

Someone who wants the weekend already gone, raises her(his?) hand. *hereherehere*

is it me who you refer? I am sorry if my statement or questions annoyed you. 

I am just too excited, knowing soompi here has a thread for this drama...

And yes, I am jumping to the last two pages just for knowing what the last topic you guys discuss, oh you caught me 

please sorry guys.. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ash1999 said:

Te part I thought that she's dead on with her comedy timing is when she was waiting for Fang Leng to sleep with her. I don't know how many times I watched that scene and I still smile and find it utterly cute. The way she says, come on, come on let's sleep together hahaha...how she rubbed her hands and making that noise with that goofy smile hahhaha. She's a hot mess when it comes to him.

She's just brilliant as Xiaoqi...and her little facial movements are everything. Sometimes just her eyes alone makes all the difference. 

:lol: LOL! Her comedic timing is just spot on! And, yes, all the little facial movements and her physical comedy are hilarious. She is just perfect in this role. Other actresses would make the character too exaggerated, dumb or annoying but you can't help but love this Xiaoqi.

@nezniznoz Welcome to the thread! :) 

I think this drama does not have a long thread because there are no big stars, not many episodes translated yet and I don't think many people had much expectations for this. I know I avoided it because the title seemed silly to me but I saw all the positive reactions and decided to give it a watch and was pleasantly surprised:lol:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, raziela said:

:lol: LOL! Her comedic timing is just spot on! And, yes, all the little facial movements and her physical comedy are hilarious. She is just perfect in this role. Other actresses would make the character too exaggerated, dumb or annoying but you can't help but love this Xiaoqi.

I don't know her other Drama since the storyline wasn't my cup of tea. In one of the latest BTS you can see that Bie can't keep a straight face (he should be glaring at her then) because of her naughty XQ face. I think she is adorable. I'm in with Sister Chai in her fanclub.
And I really like how WP looks there.  She looks fresh and youthful without being a babyface who can be disturbing when coupled with an older looking actor. The haircut totally fits her face and figure and make her stand out from all those longhaired actresses. Especially when you have such thick and strong hair. Mine is fine and I never could have such a cute style for longer than 1 hour before it turns into wet spaghetti. Not even water perm stays longer than half a day :tears:. I'm so envious. :sweat_smile:

• Like 1

I think the people who are remarking that this thread is short are just surprised since the drama is good :) Glad that more people are coming into the thread and more discussions.

I've watched up to Ep 16 but not beyond because I'm in the final week push for my dissertation (although I can't stay away from spoilers). After next week when I'm done, I'll be able to post more! Can't wait.... I'm so excited from everything you guys said! I love the way Fang Leng looks at Xiao Qi too. Smouldering. Always feels like he can't help but be pulled closer.

It's so nice to have appreciation for the actress. I don't do it often myself, but I have to agree she's doing a good job because she doesn't come across as trying too hard, or being annoyingly cute. I haven't watched the latest episodes but I've already mentioned in my preview translations that I thought she already realised her feelings, so I don't get the running away part either. And that was previews for Ep 21-24, which means they're not even together then. Hopefully they don't make her frustrating in that aspect. BUT since something big happens in Ep 24, there can be no more reason for the delay... surely... I hope. 

Anyway, time to get back to work! *hides in the metaphorical library cave*

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, nezniznoz said:

is it me who you refer? I am sorry if my statement or questions annoyed you. 

I am just too excited, knowing soompi here has a thread for this drama...

And yes, I am jumping to the last two pages just for knowing what the last topic you guys discuss, oh you caught me 

please sorry guys.. 

No worries, when I first saw this thread I was the same way wondering why there's little movements. But I figured, since I love it so much I might as well start contributing and add to the pages. I usually don't get active with a thread until I am hook and can't help myself. So, here I am being one of the most active hahhaha. The more conversations the better. I do like reading people's perspectives on things. There are times I watched a scene and doesn't see everything until someone points it out. Anyway, welcome to the thread :)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, angelflower said:

I think the people who are remarking that this thread is short are just surprised since the drama is good :) Glad that more people are coming into the thread and more discussions.

I've watched up to Ep 16 but not beyond because I'm in the final week push for my dissertation (although I can't stay away from spoilers). After next week when I'm done, I'll be able to post more! Can't wait.... I'm so excited from everything you guys said! I love the way Fang Leng looks at Xiao Qi too. Smouldering. Always feels like he can't help but be pulled closer.

It's so nice to have appreciation for the actress. I don't do it often myself, but I have to agree she's doing a good job because she doesn't come across as trying too hard, or being annoyingly cute. I haven't watched the latest episodes but I've already mentioned in my preview translations that I thought she already realised her feelings, so I don't get the running away part either. And that was previews for Ep 21-24, which means they're not even together then. Hopefully they don't make her frustrating in that aspect. BUT since something big happens in Ep 24, there can be no more reason for the delay... surely... I hope. 

Anyway, time to get back to work! *hides in the metaphorical library cave*

Fang Leng looks for her has so many meaning lol. There's no way he can get around that because of her personality. One look can't cover all hahaha.

The first look I took noticed was when he first brought her to his house. He told her to sleep in the guest room and she said, no, I want to sleep with my prince and hugged Fang Lie. Fang Leng gave her the "I am not amused" look lol.

And from there his looks evolved to:

You must be kidding 

Are you serious 

The silent stare when he wants an answer 

The longing

The annoyance 

Ad then there's the intense stare when he's trying to figure her out. 

The banquet was such a heart melting one. When Fang Lie goes on about his nonexistent relationship with her but Fang Leng seemed to pay him no mind and he kept on staring at Xiaoqi instead.

Did I ever mentioned how I love the way Xiaoqi runs. It's awkward and unique but so her. Just like the way she sings. Her voice is horrendous but it fits her like a glove. I can't get over Fang Leng's initial reaction. He was all proud his "girlfriend" was singing a song for him. The first couple of notes was OK, then when she belted out them notes he was about to die of embarrassment hahahha.

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, angelflower said:

I think it will be very frustrating since this show only has 28 episodes and she has to return, so we only have the chance for 3 episodes of loveydovey. The preview didn't show the memory delete initiated by XQ also. :scream:

• Like 1