- Why I started reading this book

- Why should others read this

- Movie adaptations (if any)

——————————

Any language is fine :) 

Any types of books is fine too :) 

——————————

A1272876.jpg?impolicy=mobile_hero

I wanted to to read some heartfelt stories, so I opted for this. The book basically gives you the point of view of the little puppy named Bella. I really felt for her, her life journey has its up & downs. I never really read a story that is written with a dog’s point of view, so it’s definitely worth reading.

They have adapt this story into a movie as well, you can check it out:

• Like 1

18619684.jpg

The Time Traveler's Wife

This book was recommended to me by a good friend so I started reading it. I personally love it and would give it a 10/10 rating.

It's about a man, Henry, who has a condition that allows him to travel through time except that he does not have any control over when and where he travels. During one of his time travels, he meets Claire who later on becomes his wife. The book follows their love story as they meet each other at different stages in their life, and all the challenges that come with Henry's condition.

The story is so well-written and written in a way that makes you fall in love with the characters and root for them. 

The book is so good that they made it into a movie:

71pv-krZ4hL.jpg

The Night Circus

I came across this book at Indigo (bookstore) and it was in the Heather's Pick's section which is usually a good sign that book will be good. I got curious so I decided to buy and read it.

I don't want to give too many details about the book because part of its charm is to see how everything unfolds. 

Here is the plot fro Goodreads. I'll put it in the spoiler so it's not too long on the page.

Spoiler

The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night. 

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands. 

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus performers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead. 

Written in rich, seductive prose, this spell-casting novel is a feast for the senses and the heart

I loved this book so much that I must have read it 3x. There is no movie adaptation as far as I am aware.

• Like 1

9789176372562_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg

Jane Eyre

This one is a classic and most have probably read it but it remains one of my favourite books of all time. In high school, we were asked to read this book and write a review for a literature class which is why I started reading it.

The book follows Jane Eyre who is hired as a governess by Edward Rochester for his ward Adele. Edward is not the easiest person to get along with but Jane finds herself drawn to him. They fall in-love amidst a dark secret.

One cannot help but fall in love with Edward while reading this classic. 

There have been so many adaptations of this one - movies to TV series. My personal favourite adaptation is the one from BBC.

Unfortunately I cannot find a clear copy of it online.

• Like 1

Minimalism Book

KEoWvyP.jpg

Organization Book/Decluttering 

dl14KCq.jpg

Combination of these 2 books quite powerful. It did changed my perception of owning stuff and happiness. Owning too many stuff might hinder productivity & taken up many of your time. 

If you have less stuff, cleaning & organization will be easier too. Since the 1st book is in the extreme side of minimalist, the 2nd book is more suitable for most ppl I believe. 

It did help me with my purchase decision & reduced clutter, however I occasionally still fail to prevent unreasonable & unnecessary purchase :joy:

Tag @triplem

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Minimalism Book

Organization Book/Decluttering 

Combination of these 2 books quite powerful. It did changed my perception of owning stuff and happiness. Owning too many stuff might hinder productivity & taken up many of your time. 

If you have less stuff, cleaning & organization will be easier too. Since the 1st book is in the extreme side of minimalist, the 2nd book is more suitable for most ppl I believe. 

It did help me with my purchase decision & reduced clutter, however I occasionally still fail to prevent unreasonable & unnecessary purchase :joy:

Tag @triplem

hehehhe.... :x

honestly i will failed what this two books suggest lols

• LOL 2

Just now, angelangie said:

hehehhe.... :x

honestly i will failed what this two books suggest lols

The 1st book I kind of envy him... his place like so empty... can imagine cleaning must be so fast for him. And his place look so Zen & peaceful. :D 

The problem with too many stuff is when we need to move house.... Its pure torture to packing etc... Give it a try the book :lol:

I seldom re-read any books, but I often read back this 2. 

yZtCf74.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

51EstVXM1UL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I started reading these books when the Peter Jackson movies first came out, at my dad's encouraging. I had read The Hobbit, but didn't find it particularly interesting at the time. Now I'm the resident Tolkien expert for my family and friends. My very username is Sindarin (one of the two Elvish tongues Tolkien created) for "female minstrel". I only have one fandom obsession older than this, and that's Star Trek.

Should you read this? Absolutely. Though I will warn that if you start going into his posthumously published stuff like The Silmarillion and History of Middle Earth, you'll want a notebook to keep track of who is who and what is what.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, angelangie said:

Does webnovel count? :D 

Yes it is hahaha

• LOL 2

On 8/31/2019 at 7:17 PM, sushilicious said:

Yes it is hahaha

well im reading one or should u say im helping a friend to translate one ....havent really finish doing it either...i just started on it lols

• LOL 1

16745.jpg

After the Fire

by 

Belva Plain (year 2000)

What happens when the picture-perfect marriage dissolves?

In her novel, author Belva Plain penetrates a shattered marriage to explore one of the most provocative issues of our time. Once again Plain proves herself the writer who sets the standard for family stories in a novel that is at once harrowing and deeply moving. 

Gerald and Hyacinth had the kind of marriage others envied. She was a beautiful artist. He was a brilliant plastic surgeon. Theirs was a comfortable, happy home with two wonderful children. Then whispers of betrayal tainted Hy's perfect marriage. And in one terrible night she commits an act she will regret for the rest of her life. An act that gives Gerald the ultimate weapon: blackmail. 

The price of his silence is uncontested custody of their two children. When her own beautiful, angry mother wants to know why she won't fight for custody, Hy can give no answers. But deep in her heart, Hy knows there is one question she must answer if she wants to free herself from a life of lies: What really happened that terrible night? Only then can she reclaim her children, her pride, her life—at last.

I read it twice before, and this is my third time
  • Like 2

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Honestly I am not a big fan of reading but anyway I was asked at school to read one of theese books and to write an essay by using content and the main part of them, to use quotes etc. As I've told before I am not good at writing at all so I'd checked  papersowl review to succeed with this assignment of mine. In the result I have been reading for about 4 weeks and I liked it very much and I also got whatever I needed to write.

Edited by alexsandro22

Reading a webnovel together with @UnniSarah lols she the one who recommended this to me.... :D 

Sweet Love 1V1: Spoiled by The Executive

Synopsis (https://www.webnovel.com/book/12172469105033705/Sweet-Love-1V1%3A-Spoiled-by-The-Executive)

He's the dream guy of women world wide, the CEO of a formidable mega-corporation. But, he's absolutely powerless against her, resorting to all kinds of methods to force her into a marriage, tying her to his side with a certficiate.

"Remember, from now on, you're not allowed to enter unclean entertainment venues, not allowed to accept drinks from other men, not allowed to have physical contact with men other than me. If not, bear the consenquences."

Ling Tianya felt that she was just like a girl undergoing puberty, under strict supervision of her parents, shackling her down with restrictions upon restrictions.

"Your requests are ridiculous, I have meetings and obligations, I... ..."

The man held tightly onto her, as though wanting nothing more than to absorb her into himself. "Ling Tianya, this is not a discussion."

Therefore, the CEO had became a complete slave to his wife.

"My love for you is your perogative. Use me to your heart's wishes, I am more than willing!"

But all he got in exchange was an eye roll,

"Keep it for yourself, I don't need it!"

My thoughts: well it is an interesting read....there are many twist for a novel....yet to finish the whole book as yet lol :D  of course you have to grit your teeth and bear with some characters that you wish u can smashed right into the wall lols

• Like 1

@angelangie Ruan ZeYan is a love sick fool. He pampers her and let her do whatever she wants. If he could make her queen he would make it happen. The thinks he would do for her is just awe inspiring. 

• LOL 1

51 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@angelangie Ruan ZeYan is a love sick fool. He pampers her and let her do whatever she wants. If he could make her queen he would make it happen. The thinks he would do for her is just awe inspiring. 

well at least she now totally trust in the guy...

they had misunderstanding and im glad they finally clear it up.....ZeYan was too hot headed then....he was too blinded by what he seen and heard and didnt gave TianYa a chance to explain herself....and im glad finally something trigger that

• Like 1

May I ask you all too here? Any book, you guys read that is life changing to you? 

Currently reading The Word is Murder by Anthony Horowitz and Beloved Delhi: A Mughal City and her Greatest Poets by Saif Mahmood. Technically  also reading Le Petit Prince: Avec les dessins de l'auteur Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and The Jungle Book in Hindi but they are on the back-burner right now

On 10/5/2019 at 1:25 PM, Lawyerh said:

May I ask you all too here? Any book, you guys read that is life changing to you? 

hahahah none so far for me :P 

though books that i read in a sense make me thinks that there are things we can learn again and again

• LOL 2

@angelangie   
Reading

#11 Mercedes Thompson Series 

Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs

If you love the supernatural world , you will love this. Mercy Thompson 

Mercedes is Volkswagen mechanic living in the Tri-Cities area of Washington. Her Native American heritage has gifted her with the ability to take the form of a coyote at will. She's surrounded by far more powerful supernatural beings, including werewolves, vampires and an assortment of fey.

StormCursed_big.jpg

• Like 1