[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Moon Bright For You 明月曾照江东寒

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, dashmount20 said:

hoh... so does this mean that he will never master his father martial art?

Hide contents

the her family die right?

yea.. the tragedy...

Think of him more like an ancient world mafia boss (the writer herself made this analogy, obviously there's the chivalry thing with Wulin, but Wulin operates more like mafia than the court). He doesn't do the dirty work himself, but he is more dangerous than the one who is holding the gun... er sword. So...

Spoiler

It's less useful for him to learn the fancy sword skill than for someone he trusts to learn it and use it to protect him.

Yeah... It was hard to watch

Spoiler

The little kid get killed on screen like that. :(

• Insightful 1

Watched up to ep 20.

Thoughts on ep 19 and 20:

Spoiler

The mourning episode was done very well. I think the contrast between the wedding and the funeral was very interesting. I also like that they gave the FL a whole episode to mourn.

This slow burn is built very well imo. Even though the ML knows FL and 2nd ML no longer has a chance together, he didn't take advantage of the situation in the show. Instead he continues to give FL space and kept a respectful distance. He never made any assumption that just because 2nd ML is out of the picture he will win her heart, which is great.

That scene when he confronted 2nd ML was also really great. He didn't confront 2nd ML to tell him to stay away instead he asked him to give FL proper closure, and I think that shows a certain level of maturity there that 2nd ML doesn't have.

I also really like how the show continues to show comparison between different views of love, and all the foreshadowing being used.

I am very concerned about ML's health. His poison is brand new show territory, so I don't know how they will use that. It better not kill him before he gets to enjoy life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2020 at 6:15 PM, arcchidus said:

Watched up to ep 20.

Thoughts on ep 19 and 20:

Hide contents

The mourning episode was done very well. I think the contrast between the wedding and the funeral was very interesting. I also like that they gave the FL a whole episode to mourn.

This slow burn is built very well imo. Even though the ML knows FL and 2nd ML no longer has a chance together, he didn't take advantage of the situation in the show. Instead he continues to give FL space and kept a respectful distance. He never made any assumption that just because 2nd ML is out of the picture he will win her heart, which is great.

That scene when he confronted 2nd ML was also really great. He didn't confront 2nd ML to tell him to stay away instead he asked him to give FL proper closure, and I think that shows a certain level of maturity there that 2nd ML doesn't have.

I also really like how the show continues to show comparison between different views of love, and all the foreshadowing being used.

I am very concerned about ML's health. His poison is brand new show territory, so I don't know how they will use that. It better not kill him before he gets to enjoy life.

Yea.. I love the way LF handle WY..

he is the coolest person in the series.. calm and smart..

I thought happy ending..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

Yea.. I love the way LF handle WY..

he is the coolest person in the series.. calm and smart..

I thought happy ending..

Should be happy ending, the original book definitely had a happy ending, and based on opening song it seems like it will be a happy ending, but like I said the poison bit is TV show only, so I don't know when he will get his cure.

On episode 21 and 22 - New adventure and...:

Spoiler

We have a new adventure, and poor lead still has no idea WY has married someone else. :(

So far, not much happened, but it was fun to see our lead act all cool and arrogant when that's not her personality. It's also fun to see the way LF problem solve in the backend.

And of course the scene with the thief and LF was hilarious as always.

Can't wait for 23-24. The thing we are all waiting for is finally going to happen. Finally.

On 10/14/2020 at 12:54 PM, dashmount20 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

the heartbroken is the FL cos SML will married to the princess then 2nd blow up is her family death..

or maybe her family death first then SML marriage.. hahahaa :D

yea.. the ML need to cure his poison.. every time he heartache the poison will trigger.. gosh.. i wish after he recover from the poison, he will learn the 7 sword martial art left by his father... but from trailer look like the FL was the one who learn it.. hahaha :D

When i saw the trailers i got goosebumps when i saw the scene where the ML and FL jump off the cliff... Hope it has a satisfied and happy ending!

@arcchidus, did you see episodes 29 and 30? I’m dying to know why 

Spoiler

Wen You injured ZQH like that. I hope she never forgives him. I was so mad. I hope she can still do martial arts. Since I don’t understand Chinese I was wondering if he did that to save her life or something but even the uncle Imperial guard was vexed with Wen You’s actions of doing that to ZQH. 

On 10/16/2020 at 12:15 PM, arcchidus said:

I second that. :) 

I have watched up to EP 16 and will binge up to EP 24 tomorrow. This drama so far exceeds my expectations. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, Dundee said:

I like the female lead’s character, the storyline also quite interesting, too bad the male lead’s potrayal is quite stiff.

I like the relationship between QH and her father, i love their scene alot.

The scene where she lost her family was heartbreaking. :( She grew up so loved and well protected. 

With regards to the ML's "stiffness"... I think it quite fits the character. :) 

On 10/23/2020 at 5:34 PM, celebrianna said:

@arcchidus, did you see episodes 29 and 30? I’m dying to know why 

Hide contents

Wen You injured ZQH like that. I hope she never forgives him. I was so mad. I hope she can still do martial arts. Since I don’t understand Chinese I was wondering if he did that to save her life or something but even the uncle Imperial guard was vexed with Wen You’s actions of doing that to ZQH. 

I watched up till 34. I am pretty sure 

Spoiler

WY and LF were working together and WY did what he did to save QH’s life cause LF miscalculated. Cause in LF’s plan QH wasn’t supposed to be involved only he was supposed to be punished and killed.

LF planned to be the sacrificial lamb from the beginning (per his first big convo with WY - Jianghu needed someone who can sacrifice for it). He figured since his days were numbered anyway he was the best candidate, but because he is a good person and got lots of good karma, he ended up not dying by luck. 

I am pretty sure we are heading toward a happy ending. 

On 10/26/2020 at 6:56 AM, Dundee said:

I like the female lead’s character, the storyline also quite interesting, too bad the male lead’s potrayal is quite stiff.

I like the relationship between QH and her father, i love their scene alot.

ML is not stiff anymore. I do think the actor might have held back too long though.... 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@arcchidus, thanks for the information. I’m watching the raw episodes somewhere else so I can only guess at times what’s happening. I already watched up to episode 34. The last two episodes should be released tomorrow I'm assuming. 

If you have questions about what’s happening just ask.

Also, yes tmr the last two ep will be released.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2020 at 7:05 PM, SilverDawn said:

Love Xia Hou Ying's proposal to Wen Rou.

I hope they'll have a happy ending. btw does anyone know how much older he is than Wen Rou?

I think in the drama, Wen Rou might be same age as FL who is around 18 or 19. Xia HouYing should be around same age as FL parents so he is likely in his 30s or early 40s. During those period, they marry very young. And it is not uncommon for older man of that period to marry very young female. 

I just finished watching this drama and I love it so much. The script is well written. 

Still can't get over how spoilt that princess is. Wen you is so tragic. Somehow I think that the chemistry between QH & WY is stronger than QH & LF. Both love is different.  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Insightful 1

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Moon Bright For You 明月曾照江东寒
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...