Yu Meng Long as Lin Fang
Xing Fei as Zhan Qinghong
Merxat as Wen Yu
Zhang Kai Tai as Huo Yang
Zheng Fan Xing as Qiu An
Tang Zhen Ye as
Ma Xi Er (马希尔) as Xiao Lan

Synopsis:

Quirky and unconventional, Zhan Qinghong grew up well enough, but she never shared the dreams most treasured by her peers. While other girls dreamed of marrying well, Qinghong dreams of only one thing: to become a great martial arts master. Ready to turn her dreams into reality, Qinghong entered the martial arts world with wide-eyed innocence and insatiable curiosity. Unfortunately, it didn’t take long for her to realize that the world which she had so long believed to be a world of righteousness and honor, was actually controlled by wicked traitors. Determined to reform the fighting world, Qinghong relies on her intelligence and tenacity to bring about change; but the work proves to be both difficult and dangerous. Realizing the path she has chosen may be too treacherous to travel alone, Qinghong never suspected that Junan City’s notorious playboy would be the one to come alongside her on her quest. Yet, when fate brings them together, that is exactly what Lin Fang does.
Using his reputation as a sickly aristocrat with a penchant for wooing women to hide much darker motives, Lin Fang has but one goal in life: to exact revenge for his clan. After meeting Qinghong, Lin Fang’s hardened heart begins to soften and he finds himself drawn to her unexpected charms. Unwilling to let Qinghong fight her battles alone, Lin Fang takes up her cause and together, they take on the daunting task of reforming and rebuilding the world of martial arts from the ground up.
(Source: Viki)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Moon Bright For You 明月曾照江东寒 Viki Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The male lead seem to be getting lead roles but I hope his acting has improved since The Love of Two Minds where even his body actions were unnaturally stiff. I can’t believe he’s the same actor who was in 3L3W as BQ’s brother. In any case, I do like his looks so only his acting needs to get better. Despite all that, I’m giving this drama a try and I liked the first two episodes mainly because of the FL character and the actress.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I can’t believe he’s the same actor who was in 3L3W as BQ’s brother. In any case, I do like his looks so only his acting needs to get better. 

I thought he looked familiar but couldn't place it! ^_^

• Like 1

Love him in Eternal Love (2016),
He was indeed stiff in Love of Two Minds (2020), but personal opinion here...
He was a little plump there and stiff like really stiff... as if he was trying to lessen pain in his movements. i think, i think he had an injury, was confined hence got a little plump, and once he was well enough to work ended up moving stiffly.
Because aside from his movements, I think he acted as usual. Well, as well as what i thought the character demanded.

Please don't roast me too much! personal opinion here! and this is my very first post!

first time to follow a drama at its beginning hehehe. i like the synopsis.

is it based on a novel, please tell! thank you all!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Moon Bright For You 明月曾照江东寒

Just finished up until episode 14. Wow I have not seen this level of friendzoning between FL and ML for a very long time. We are almost half way through and it's purely the guy being silently into the girl, he can't even show it.

This unrequited love is killing me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Just finished up until episode 14. Wow I have not seen this level of friendzoning between FL and ML for a very long time. We are almost half way through and it's purely the guy being silently into the girl, he can't even show it.

This unrequited love is killing me.

hahaha...

hopefully... this week is the confession week for the ML and heartbreaking for FL...

did you see this week trailer?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

hahaha...

hopefully... this week is the confession week for the ML and heartbreaking for FL...

did you see this week trailer?

I didn't watch the trailers (they give a way too much sometimes), but I think the setup is pretty clear. Obviously the 2nd ML is getting called back to marry the princess and the princess / court will force his hands so he will have no way but to marry her or his family dies or something.

Then ML will swoop in and get the girl (though he might need to get a cure first from the poison that somehow only activate when he is heartbroken). :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, arcchidus said:

I didn't watch the trailers (they give a way too much sometimes), but I think the setup is pretty clear. Obviously the 2nd ML is getting called back to marry the princess and the princess / court will force his hands so he will have no way but to marry her or his family dies or something.

Then ML will swoop in and get the girl (though he might need to get a cure first from the poison that somehow only activate when he is heartbroken). :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

the heartbroken is the FL cos SML will married to the princess then 2nd blow up is her family death..

or maybe her family death first then SML marriage.. hahahaa :D

yea.. the ML need to cure his poison.. every time he heartache the poison will trigger.. gosh.. i wish after he recover from the poison, he will learn the 7 sword martial art left by his father... but from trailer look like the FL was the one who learn it.. hahaha :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dashmount20 said:
  Hide contents

the heartbroken is the FL cos SML will married to the princess then 2nd blow up is her family death..

or maybe her family death first then SML marriage.. hahahaa :D

yea.. the ML need to cure his poison.. every time he heartache the poison will trigger.. gosh.. i wish after he recover from the poison, he will learn the 7 sword martial art left by his father... but from trailer look like the FL was the one who learn it.. hahaha :D

Spoiler

Well, as long as one of them knows it, it can be pass down to their kids later.

I finished reading the original novel and I think it would be very wrong if they suddenly make ML a strong fighter, because the fact he is weak (and can not really be a strong fighter) but still somehow survive through everything by making people obey him and be willing to serve him is kind of the point of his character.

I don't know how the stories are going to go down, because they changed a bunch of the details and also FL's family never died in the book, so I will be interested to see why they kill them, and also if the change is a good idea (I mean it would definitely make the FL grow up faster I guess? But...)

• Insightful 1

8 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@arcchidus, in the novel, what makes people want to protect the male lead considering that he can’t fight? Is it charisma, a mutual goal, indebtedness or something else? 

Very similar to the show actually.

He is good at networking with ppl with mutual goals to form alliance, well read enough to know how businesses and governments work, cunning enough to scheme, patient enough to play the long game, and cruel enough to take key people out at the right time to make the rest fall in line.

Note: The novel is in FL POV so ML is less flesh out. The ML seems less aware of his own feelings toward FL till later in the book.

They also upped the stakes in the show. FL family never died in the novel, nor, I think ML’s brother (if I remember correctly), nor do I think ML had that poison that gets triggered by emotions. 

In addition, I think the order of events are changed for story streamlining or potentially due to censorship. For example I am pretty sure there’s a rule against showing/implying pre marital sex. In the book they don’t get married until after the book ends (they were engaged earlier though) but the book ended with them in bed :phew:... but I think there’s a proper marriage scene in the show. 

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, arcchidus said:
  Hide contents

Well, as long as one of them knows it, it can be pass down to their kids later.

I finished reading the original novel and I think it would be very wrong if they suddenly make ML a strong fighter, because the fact he is weak (and can not really be a strong fighter) but still somehow survive through everything by making people obey him and be willing to serve him is kind of the point of his character.

I don't know how the stories are going to go down, because they changed a bunch of the details and also FL's family never died in the book, so I will be interested to see why they kill them, and also if the change is a good idea (I mean it would definitely make the FL grow up faster I guess? But...)

hoh... so does this mean that he will never master his father martial art?

13 hours ago, arcchidus said:

okay just finished up to ep 18.

Hide contents

Oh no. The tragedy. :bawling:

Spoiler

the her family die right?

yea.. the tragedy...