[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Handsome Siblings 绝代双骄

a_tumiwa

Z0W37f.jpg

Details:

Chinese title: 绝代双骄 / Jue Dai Shuang Jiao
English title: Handsome Siblings

Genre: Wuxia

Episodes: 44 (cut from 53)

Director:  Zou Ji Cheng (邹集城), Liu Fang (刘方)

Broadcast Period: Jan/16/2020

Network : CCTV-8, Netflix, iQiyi

Cast:

Synopsis:

the story of twin brothers who separated at birth but grew up to be supreme martial artists. Raised to take revenge on each other they soon find themselves becoming good friends. Together they vow to take the martial arts world by storm and search for their true identities.

~~ Based on the popular novel by Gu Long.

Cr wiki.d-addicts

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

Additional Links:

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @angelangie
 l LavelyShai

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

First two episodes... were... 

Spoiler

Interesting and different from the previous versions but it hasn't picked up for me yet... I hope that the next few episodes it will pick up and the story can start moving faster. 

It would have been nice if they cast a different actor to play Jiang Feng and not use Yi Tian. 

I just hope that there may be changes to this version because I didn't really like the endings of the FLs in the previous version. 

Caught this on Netflix. Production values look surprisingly decent.  

It's okay so far. Early days yet so anything can happen but there's potential. I like the lad that plays Xiao Yu'er. Had a nice chuckle when the character gave his teachers all as good as they gave him.

I hope this works out. I haven't watched a decent wuxia drama since HSDS last year.

40 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Caught this on Netflix. Production values look surprisingly decent.  

It's okay so far. Early days yet so anything can happen but there's potential. I like the lad that plays Xiao Yu'er. Had a nice chuckle when the character gave his teachers all as good as they gave him.

I hope this works out. I haven't watched a decent wuxia drama since HSDS last year.

unfortunately they make hua wuque the main lead, probably because of the more popular actor

On 1/11/2020 at 4:35 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

If it follows the original... yes, there should be. 

I've enjoyed other adaptations (the Jimmy Lin one springs to mind) but I'm not a fan of Hu Yi Tian admittedly. That said, I like what I see in the trailers. ;) 

I think i have watched some of adaptation's versions, but the TVB's one which have Tony Leung LOL is the one which i most like. I have watched Jimmy Lin's version, but i dont have much memory about it. 

I think HYT's makeup for HWQ is kind bold, not like XYE's

On 1/17/2020 at 4:26 PM, angelangie said:

lets pray then

i know EN2 is a wreck for me ><"

right now im enjoying 'Under the Power' :) 

I have finished Joy of Life, it is really good, i keep rewatching it, i will watch Handsome Sibling when the subs are out. 

It's not bad so far. I'm enjoying it. There's a fascinating nature vs nurture thing going on. It's interesting that the two lads grow up in entirely different environments but they have a sense of what's right and wrong despite being raised by unhinged, sinister people. The sisters at Yihua Palace are ridiculous about their obsession with Jiang Feng. The second one's probably a tad less loony. But the elder one should probably be locked up in a padded cell.

I really really like the kid that plays Xiao Yu'er... he's very well cast. Quite the charmer and you can already see how he's going to get himself into trouble with the ladies. :D Right now, I'm watching the show primarily for him.

Netflix usually picks the decent ones. Let's hope this is another one of those.

On 1/17/2020 at 6:04 PM, a_tumiwa said:

unfortunately they make hua wuque the main lead, probably because of the more popular actor

I wouldn't worry about the listing. There's been number of cases where the main character are second or even third in the cast list due to how well known they are. (Journey of Flower have Wallace Huo as first even though he's the love interest, not protag. Yanxi's protag is third cos she was new to the industry, she couldn't carry the show by herself). Anyways supposingly this follows the novel closer than other adaptations so we'll see? Gu Long novels never get accurate adaptations lol. I'm super surprised by Netflix buying this so fast, guess wuxia+ALSB doing well interested them? 

I don't speak any Chinese language, but in the Proud Twins version the opening also had the fish. Do fish have some meaning for this?

Found this 

Airing Schedule

Start: January 17, 2020
Frequency: 2 episodes every Monday to Friday

End: February 17, 2020

Handsome-Siblings-Airing-Calendar-scaled

Archived