[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

2 hours ago, Marie Kay said:

I have said I honestly disagree  with this statement. Dahee didn't put down her sister at all. She only acknowledges that she know that's how "other elders" think of her sister because she has heard it all before. It's kinda hard to defend someone even your own sister when what is being said is true. Everyone in their whole family knows how difficult Nahee can be.

Your point is valid, but mine is not invalid. I just have a different take. Nahee still has not told her own sisters about her miscarriage. She has not told anyone, including her mom, about the domineering, intrusive mother-in-law. Why not?  Because she doesn't want her mom to get into a hair-grabbing fight with GJ's mom--again. All in all,  Nahee keeps her divorce very private. She doesn't have a big mouth speaking ill of her ex-husband or in-laws, like those ladies in the market for instance.  I mean, it is so clear that the reason of their divorce is not their "irreconcilable difference," but the lack of communication after the miscarriage and the interference from the in-law. 

I am also speaking from the East Asian, specifically Korean context. You just don't side with the "outsiders" (outside your family). But again, KBS' weekend family dramas is known to be a genre reflecting and reinforcing a kind of traditional gender/ domestic ideology, not a critique of it, like JTBC's drama, The World of the Married.  A divorced woman is the one to be blamed (even Nahee seems to believe divorce to be her own fault!). It must be her "difficult personality" that is the cause of the marital strife and the conflict between her and her mother-in-law. No wonder the female lead from The World of the Married tries every way to salvage the marriage.

I understand that Dahee, with her personality always to appease others and especially the elders, kind of follows the logic of her sadon and says that Nahee is difficult in the eyes of the elders.  But "the perception of the elders" shouldn't have anything to do with the marriage--but it does in the case of NH-GJ. That's why sometimes I don't want them to get back together. At least the interim director appreciates Nahee for she is, instead of trying to change her. 

All things considered,  I am sure that I am overthinking and overanalyzing because the script writer only uses divorce as a mere plot device, or a mere premise for a rom-com. It's not meant to have a serious discussion. I will just sit back and enjoy the romance between all the potential pairings. 

Edited by Katsuragi
  • Like 5

so happy for the sadon couple fans ^_^ .... Jae Seok realizing his own feelings was just so funny and adorable to watch :lol:

P.S : the mention of Smile You in this thread made me so happy xD my favorite weekend drama ever and the reason why I became a Lee Min Jung fan :wub: 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

I am rooting for sadon couple. They steal the scenes. I really enjoy seeing them together :D

The most enjoyable part of the show is the sadon couple. They are absolutely adorable!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Jaesuk eyes always sparks everytime he sees Dahee :wub:, he fallen deeply already. I hope writernim still wont make Daehee fell for him yet. Please make him crazy crazy funny jealous guy without Daehee noticing he likes her :w00t:

44 minutes ago, hell59 said:

The most enjoyable part of the show is the sadon couple. They are absolutely adorable!

Yes they are the most exciting pair  to watch :wub:  from growing friendship to lovers soon :blush:.

the song (CAN"T FIGHT THIS FEELING ANYMORE) say exactly what he felt. He can't fight his feeling any longer, And yet he still afraid to let it flow. What started out as friendship has grown stronger. And even as he wander, He keeping her in sight. And he getting closer than he ever thought hemight

• Like 6
  • Love 3

13 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I agree, I'm not okay with her behavior. (Her name is Bo Yeong, by the way. Looks like we're going to have to learn that because she's going to be around for a while. BOO.)

Her son's doctor is Na-Hee. She's already there at the ER, taking care of him. Why does she call Gyu-Jin to cry on his shoulder? They may be divorced, but that is just awkward. Stop it, Bo Yeong.

I like Joon-Seon, but I kind of enjoyed his ex-wife telling him clearly, no, she's not taking him back. She divorced him for a reason, he needs to understand what went wrong. He doesn't just get to go back because his life improved.

The Sa-Don couple (is that what we're calling them?) ! So cute! I love it.

I know I said clearly many times of what I think about that couple, and our relationship is just not fractured by one party. There's usually multiple breaks with both sides contributing. Clearly he knows finances was a reason why she left him which is why he made the picture being more financially stable, but she is true cruel-hearted because she's trying to protect her heart. Personally, I think that he shouldn't want her back, because women with hard personalities like that are generally the most unforgiving kind. With a personality like hers, you can show multiple years of change but she's going to traumatize her ex because she has not forgiven him or take the steps necessary to heal herself from the trauma.

I like her as a character, but I see the faults in them both and it only reinforced my opinion that she should have worked on her marriage and set hard boundaries with him instead of divorcing him. My opinion might change the more they reveal and I think the writers are doing their audience a disservice by not giving more information and more context about the core issues that have broken their marriage. I think finances is major, but there's  something else is going on there. There is nothing enjoyable about watching a grown man or a grown woman cry when their heart is broken and they're really trying to give it their all. Change takes time even if you are transformed. The only side of the story that we are seeing of their marriage is through her perspective only and him apologizing for his faults.

The ex-wife needs to check our own personality because clearly there's some issues that she needs to work on herself. She claims that she divorced him so she can stop hating him,  but she still hates them and you see it every time he makes a mistake now that they are divorced. Her feelings have not changed, so she should have worked on herself and their marriage and her ex should have done the same.

The fact that she does not want to talk about something is that's supposedly over, displays fear which begs the question: What is she really afraid of?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Katsuragi said:

I understand that Dahee, with her personality always to appease others and especially the elders, kind of follows the logic of her sadon and says that Nahee is difficult in the eyes of the elders.  But "the perception of the elders" shouldn't have anything to do with the marriage--but it does in the case of NH-GJ. That's why sometimes I don't want them to get back together. At least the interim director appreciates Nahee for she is, instead of trying to change her. 

No matter if you love Na Hee’s personality, it does not invalidate other people’s opinions that she is a difficult person to get along with. Perhaps it’s considered a betrayal that Da Hee is having this conversation with the enemy/outsider but objectively speaking, it is true that Na Hee is difficult. 

If Na Hee doesn’t change and become more self aware, she won’t be someone who is growing and maturing. I can see valid reasons why her coworkers are not close to her because of the way she handles issues with them. This is another reason why when hiring a candidate, among candidates with similar credentials and experience, the person whom the hiring manager thinks would best fit into their team is most often chosen.

I also agree that she and GJ should go their separate ways. They “both” failed hard at marriage so why beat a dead horse.

Also, there’s a female neurosurgeon who is one of the leads in Hospital Playlist who is kind, intelligent, competent, hardworking, confident, a great mentor, team leader, etc. and I find her refreshing to watch. She knows how to reprimand her team when they mess up and reward them when they do a good job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

No matter if you love Na Hee’s personality, it does not invalidate other people’s opinions that she is a difficult person to get along with. Perhaps it’s considered a betrayal that Da Hee is having this conversation with the enemy/outsider but objectively speaking, it is true that Na Hee is difficult. 

If Na Hee doesn’t change and become more self aware, she won’t be someone who is growing and maturing. I can see valid reasons why her coworkers are not close to her because of the way she handles issues with them. This is another reason why when hiring a candidate, among candidates with similar credentials and experience, the person whom the hiring manager thinks would best fit into their team is most often chosen.

I also agree that she and GJ should go their separate ways. They “both” failed hard at marriage so why beat a dead horse.

Also, there’s a female neurosurgeon who is one of the leads in Hospital Playlist who is kind, intelligent, competent, hardworking, confident, a great mentor, team leader, etc. and I find her refreshing to watch. She knows how to reprimand her team when they mess up and reward them when they do a good job. 

I don't particularly think that you're being objective regarding Na Hee's personality being difficult to get along with. All of her co-workers are very messy people and partly treated her the way they did because her husband enabled it. Maturity and growth can be spread  amongst all of them.A person that is objective is not just looking at one component, you're looking at the whole context of the situation. Has she been difficult to get along with? That is going to be based on the personalities that she's interacting with. I think she is self aware of her own personality, she doesn't apologize for it. Imagine someone telling you to change a personality while they have flaws themselves that they are not willing to change. Would you be willing to accept that?

The question I always ask is what makes it difficult for these people to get along? Should persons just change into a different person so they can be approved by others? Most people have a lack of introspection especially when it comes to the bigger part of the puzzle. If you don't like someone, it's up to you to discover the true reason you don't like that person and then acknowledge your own role regarding the Dynamics of said relationship.

Da Hee is on my crap list for spilling a secret that was not hers to spill. Sure, her big brother was going to confront his brother-in-law. She should have let the confrontation happen; the divorce could have been revealed by him. The way she spilled the secret caused them to box out Na Hee in a very unfair way.

• Like 4

@foreverempress, I never said any of the characters are perfect. I never said any of the characters don’t have flaws. I never said that the other characters don’t need to grow. That’s what life is about. I was addressing the poster’s comment that Na Hee shouldn’t change. I’m sure none of us are the same today as we were a decade ago. I know your career is counseling which probably relates to psychology but I don’t think my right to my opinion or take on the character or anyone else’s, as a matter of fact, is necessarily invalid as long as we’re not telling blatant untruths about the character. Otherwise, this will be a place where the rest of us can’t say what we feel about marriage, divorce, relationships, etc. And yes I find Na Hee a difficult person to deal with because of her know it all attitude and often insensitivity towards others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@foreverempress, I never said any of the characters are perfect. I never said any of the characters don’t have flaws. I never said that the other characters don’t need to grow. That’s what life is about. I was addressing the poster’s comment that Na Hee shouldn’t change. I’m sure none of us are the same today as we were a decade ago. I know your career is counseling which probably relates to psychology but I don’t think my right to my opinion or take on the character or anyone else’s, as a matter of fact, is necessarily invalid as long as we’re not telling blatant untruths about the character. Otherwise, this will be a place where the rest of us can’t say what we feel about marriage, divorce, relationships, etc. And yes I find Na Hee a difficult person to deal with because of her know it all attitude and often insensitivity towards others.

I appreciate your opinion I just disagree. I don't think your point is invalid, because she can be hard to get along with and I also think it's going to be based on personality as well. Does she have a know-it-all attitude? I think she has no it all attitude because she studies diligently but she can work on tact that is to say, how she delivers it. Now this is for my personal standpoint, not from a professional one. Her coworkers are very messy and they gossip way too much. They're also completely unprofessional. if they were in America working in my hospital or private practice, I would have fired them a long time ago for intentionally not informing their Superior of meetings or about not inviting her to the group so that she can be informed about the meetings. That is professional sabotage and should not be tolerated. They could learn a lot from her if they learn how to be tolerant of people that are different from them. What good is a team if everybody is like you? A good team needs a sounding board and a person is going to tell them the truth. If everybody agrees with everyone but is too afraid to disagree because of the dynamic, that's not a healthy team. Used when a person has a problem with the individual who is a know-it-all, they are interpreting that person sees them as inferior and knowledge, therefore there is psychological distress whenever that person is around. It's a person that is a know-it-all actually is accurate more times than not and knowledge, the only psychologically hurts the person who hates to know what all to begin with.

All of them freezed her out and spread  malicious gossip regarding her divorce. Perfection has nothing to do with it. Both her and her ex-husband should have been better role models for their juniors as well.

My career is in religion, psychology, marriage and family therapy which is a specialty within itself in the therapy world (psychologist became profession the 1917 and marriage and family therapist became a profession in 1919 in America)  and psychological trauma. 

As a therapist, I get patients that I absolutely think that they personality is very disagreeable. After I acknowledge that I hate this person personality, then I look for common ground and how I can best assist this person because we are not going to always be each other's cup of tea. If I refuse to acknowledge the reason why this person's personality bothers me, I don't need to be in my profession. I think that her team stinks like a pile of 2 minute dog poo and all of them has contributed to it. Nahee and her ex continue to bring marital problems back to work which caused a tense relationship with their juniors causing them to choose a side. Since Gyu is more approachable from their View, they sided with him and iced her out. I kind of think that she is the way she is because she's always Iced Out for being the oddball. There are times when she can be way too intense.

Edited by foreverempress
Spelling, grammar, syntax etc.
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I don't particularly think that you're being objective regarding Na Hee's personality being difficult to get along with. All of her co-workers are very messy people and partly treated her the way they did because her husband enabled it. Maturity and growth can be spread  amongst all of them.A person that is objective is not just looking at one component, you're looking at the whole context of the situation. Has she been difficult to get along with? That is going to be based on the personalities that she's interacting with. I think she is self aware of her own personality, she doesn't apologize for it. Imagine someone telling you to change a personality while they have flaws themselves that they are not willing to change. Would you be willing to accept that?

The question I always ask is what makes it difficult for these people to get along? Should persons just change into a different person so they can be approved by others? Most people have a lack of introspection especially when it comes to the bigger part of the puzzle. If you don't like someone, it's up to you to discover the true reason you don't like that person and then acknowledge your own role regarding the Dynamics of said relationship.

Da Hee is on my crap list for spilling a secret that was not hers to spill. Sure, her big brother was going to confront his brother-in-law. She should have let the confrontation happen; the divorce could have been revealed by him. The way she spilled the secret caused them to box out Na Hee in a very unfair way.

Right on!  I agree with everything you say here! I mean what's wrong with women having a "difficult" personality if they can get the job done well?   It's not like that Nahee actively sabotages any team effort to treat patients. When Nahee successfully brings the domestic abuser to the police headquarter, even the police officers and her own colleagues admire her for her persistence and courage. She is scared herself, but she is not a damsel in distress crying for help. She doesn't ask others for approval and applause either. After her mission is accomplished,  she just goes out alone quietly to get fresh air as a kind of consolation. GJ is the only one who understands Nahee's vulnerability. In the newest episode, even if she finally starts to feel an inkling of jealousy towards Boyoung, she handles the entire situation with level-headed professionalism by giving her son the care he needs. 

I wouldn't compare her to other female doctors from other dramas. My point is that we are living in 2020 and we should have a whole different portrayals of female working professionals.(Search: www has done a great job I would say).

Personally, I am so tired of all the relentless smearing of competent, powerful women from both men and women for their difficult "personality" in the workplace and in the larger political domain. In reality, I am living through the nightmare, the devastating consequence of the systematic sexism.  Four years ago HC was said to be "crooked" and she has a "cold personality." Few months ago, EW is "so hard to love" even though she has plans for everything. This gets too painfully personal for me, because I have lost several beloved ones during this pandemic-- I lived right in the vicinity of NYC. I couldn't even say proper farewell.   How I wish I had a "difficult" but competent woman on the top-- -because my friends and family members didn't have to die for the lack of leadership. 

Anyway. Sorry if I dampen the mood. I just try to watch this drama as an escape from everything happening around /to me.  I kind of feel that JS-DH is the main lead now because they have far more screen time. The guy who plays JS is so good with his comic timing. :) Love this pairing. 

Edited by Katsuragi
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Katsuragi said:

Anyway. Sorry if I dampen the mood. I just try to watch this drama as an escape from everything happening around /to me.  I kind of feel that JS-DH is the main lead now because they have far more screen time. The guy who plays JS is so good with his comic timing. :) Love this pairing. 

He is hilarious! I loved how he was trying so hard to deny it, but kept seeing her face everywhere - and I loved how these Da-Hee illusions were acting - these two are awesome.

Loved Hot Delivery Guy kicking a$$ in his new career as superstar stunt man. (I guess his chaebol family will recognize him on TV and show up to claim him. Yes, I'm sticking to this theory, in my head. Ha ha.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@foreverempress, it’s good to know that Na Hee is not even 0.01% responsible for the way her team perceives her or in any way responsible for the way her doctor colleagues might see her. 

As to the other comment about spearing “powerful, competent” women for their difficult personality, I suppose having no regard for the people one works with or alongside is healthy for the workplace. At my company, we do quarterly offsite meetings on team building. There are difficult personalities in the group who are quite aware of their personality type who are actually working on their sensitivity to team building and collaborative skills. At least they recognize that they’re not a law unto themselves including our COO who knows she’s a “know it all” and is improving and working on it. 

Anyway, I don’t have anything else to say about this character other than to say I wish her well and may she stay the same while finding her happiness. Peace.

• Like 1

@celebrianna please reread my last paragraph here:

" I think that her team stinks like a pile 2 minute dog poo and all of them has contributed to it. Nahee and her ex continue to bring marital problems back to work which caused a tense relationship with their juniors causing them to choose a side. Since Gyu is more approachable from their View, they sided with him and iced her out. I kind of think that she is the way she is because she's always Iced Out for being the oddball. There are times when she can be way too intense."

• Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Katsuragi said:

Yep,  I feel you. Second lead , they are cute and funny specially DH she is so naive and too nice to everyone. As for for JS he is doing his moves first befriended, Soju mate, fake GF now tutoring :D he got to see her more often :wub: Fighting #DaeSuk !  Most of the time second lead storyline is worthless to watch. But 2 jives so well.

Actually the divorce story in korean drama is so common already Dont get me wrong I don't hate the lead actors they are both professional and good actors.  they just don't have this Romantic Excitement feel for scene partner. I hope the writernim will fix the story leading with the NH and GJ.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2020 at 7:16 PM, kiefshi1056 said:

Jaesuk eyes always sparks everytime he sees Dahee :wub:, he fallen deeply already. I hope writernim still wont make Daehee fell for him yet. Please make him crazy crazy funny jealous guy without Daehee noticing he likes her :w00t:

Yes they are the most exciting pair  to watch :wub:  from growing friendship to lovers soon :blush:.

the song (CAN"T FIGHT THIS FEELING ANYMORE) say exactly what he felt. He can't fight his feeling any longer, And yet he still afraid to let it flow. What started out as friendship has grown stronger. And even as he wander, He keeping her in sight. And he getting closer than he ever thought hemight

This show makes me scream in laughter hahahaha!!! I melt so badly when Jaesuk says "I lost". That's too adorable of him. The normally cheeky and confident one is suddenly so caught of guard by the charm of Daehee. 

It was also super funny to see him imagining her everywhere.

This recent episodes made me explode with the kimbap lady+butcher romance and the sadon romance.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

On 5/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, kiefshi1056 said:

Now you have gotten that song stuck in my head!!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 1

team #DaeSuk has really helped me a bit get thru and eased the stress of this Pandemic quarantine :D . Hope to see more of their cuteness, getting excited for nextweek Jaesuk trying fish info if Daehee still believe in dating hehehe. Hope they cast another guy from Daehee childhood 青梅竹马 or classmate guy who like Daehee too , i love seeing Jaesuk so jealous but cannot confess his love.:wub:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

Hope they cast another guy from Daehee childhood 青梅竹马 or classmate guy who like Daehee too , i love seeing Jaesuk so jealous but cannot confess his love.:wub:

I feel like the easier thing to do is bring back Dahee's ex-fiancee. 

Are double in-laws a taboo in Korean culture? I was watching another drama and one couple faced opposition because their siblings were already married to one another. I'm wondering if there would be family opposition to JS and DH being together other than the bad blood between their mothers. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that want to see Na Hee with the sunbae? I wish they get more screentime to progress their relationship. At least he is honest and upfront and NaHee hasn't responded to him so far. KyungJin has been more naively receptive and even went to the noona's workshop on his own. Funny how his radar can pickup the sunbae's interest on NaHee but he can't pickup noona's interest on him.

IF NaHee & KyunJin getting back together and DaHee & JaeSook also get together, I wonder if the boys' mom will favor DaHee. Seems they get a long nicely so far (of course if it might change once DaHee starts dating JaeSook). Then NaHee's relationship with her MIL will stay the same (bad) if not maybe worsen. Unless the MIL has 180degree change of heart. It'll be more fun if KyungJin starts a relationship with the noona. I want to see his mom blows a gasket when she finds out his son's new girlfriend comes with a kid!

I think Hyo Jin might be long lost chaebol younger son, as some of you have said before here. Then his family will see him in the movie and his older brother will come, then will start seeing & liking GaHee and maybe get her a job in his company. LOL. JiHoon can keep calling Hyo Jin as hyung, coz hyung to appuchi is just so weird (still can't see HyoJin and GaHee getting together).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1