[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

@UnniSarah, wow! It’s been ages since I shared a drama thread with you. Probably the last was The Story of Ming Lan. ^_^ Glad you’re enjoying this weekender. I mostly think Na Hee and Gyu Jin are unsuited for each other but perhaps the writer will do a good job trying to redeem them as a couple. 

@chickfactor, I also can’t imagine Ga Hee and Handsome as a couple. I do however like the growing relationship between Handsome and Ga Hee’s son.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been watching this drama quietly. I understand most parents are sad and disappointed when their kids get a divorce, specially Asian parents. But I don't like how the mom is more focused on her own pain, her own shame, her own pride hurt of not being told about the divorce right away. Did she ever asked NaHee if she's okay and why and put her daughter first? Did she try to understand that the timing was bad after DaHee's incident that NaHee is just trying to spare her of pain? 

I kinda want to see NaHee and KyungJin to get back together but so far they haven't showed that they can communicate and won't repeat the same mistake again. The sunbae seems more laid back and can accept NaHee's personality. I also don't want to see him get hurt like the usual 2nd lead fate, get strung along but then get dumped at the end. Maybe I'll be okay too if KyungJin ends up with his noona so it'll make DaHee & JaeSuk's path a bit easier (though I say their future will be hard no matter what since they have to convince both moms again to bless their relationship)

Last but not least, I can't picture wearing high heels like NaHee working as doctor. They walk/stand up a lot, don't they? And she's moving in/out with only 1 big suitcase and 1 small suitcase. One is for her books (when she was packing to move back in). So her clothing, coats, and all those handbags & shoes can fit in one big suitcase?? Such a life in kdrama land :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

9 hours ago, marrez1 said:

iNDIGESTION?!!  i thought she  was probably pregnant whithout know it,   maybe when she was sick the day where her mother foud about the divorce

we have the same thought, how did it happen maybe later on flashback scene, both of them drunk :sweat_smile:. then GJ will doubt that the child is not his

@chickfactor Da-Hee and Jae-Seok: They are so cute together. When some actresses act "cutesy" I just *cringe*. But this actress is adorable.  Very much true her innocentness matches her face reaction. I would to see Jaesuk pursuing her and she is avoiding him then another guy show up as Daehee suitor that would make Jaesuk go crazy jealous  (but i love them ending up together).

Jaesuk will miss and can't stop thinking Daehee maybe he will volunteer to be his tutor :D just to give reason to see her. Can't wait for  next week :love:

• Like 3

12 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@UnniSarah, wow! It’s been ages since I shared a drama thread with you. Probably the last was The Story of Ming Lan. ^_^ Glad you’re enjoying this weekender. I mostly think Na Hee and Gyu Jin are unsuited for each other but perhaps the writer will do a good job trying to redeem them as a couple. 

@chickfactor, I also can’t imagine Ga Hee and Handsome as a couple. I do however like the growing relationship between Handsome and Ga Hee’s son.

Hi chingu @celebrianna How are you? I have become quite picky on  What kind of drama I should watch. It seems I can only watch drama that really drama me.

Lee Ming Jun is one my favorite actresses.   

Na Hee and Gyu Jin maybe unsuited for you that is because right now they haven’t sincerely talked about the MISCARRIAGE. Their body language scream they don’t like each other but Gyum Ji ans Na Hee didn’t want the divorce each other. It’s because their anger toward each other got them into this situation. When Na Hee brought it up, she wanted him to fight it but he didn’t. He said yes because he wanted her to take it back. They were both disappointed with each other and still remained on defense. The Director guy, likes her quirkinesses, he is so comfortable around unlike her ex, he cared but is scared to comfort her. These are the issues they need to talk about. After all Na Hee is the girl. 

I hope this makes sense. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292eb11fce920708b58d

This topic is what sets them off and when they can really be honest with themselves. They don’t suit because they are complete opposite. TBh both of them putting the blame on Na Hee for the miscarriage is so wrong because we haven’t had any flashbacks at the time of her pregnancy. What if she really wasn’t the caused of the miscarriage. You do know DOCTORS MAKE THE WORST PATIENTS. THEY THINK THEY KNOW BEST. 
@marrez1 @kiefshi1056  iNDIGESTION?!!  i thought she  was probably pregnant whithout know it,   maybe when she was sick the day where her mother foud about the divorce

OmG!!! What if she is pregnant??? That would be so perfect. This would make the drama so much more interesting. Remeber the scene when she was ovulating, didn’t they have sex?? There was childish squeak I usually here in a drama when a couple have sex?? I will look it up again . 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29080f027b6be3133a62

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Miscarriages are actually quite common but very few people talk about it, and it's rarely anyone's fault. So I don't like this notion that Na-Hee keeps saying she's somehow at fault. And of course Gyu-Jin is wrong to ever say he thinks she's at fault.

Ideally, a couple would be able to grieve together and support each other during a sad event, but sometimes, a sad event can also break a couple apart. I don't think they're a terrible couple, but they really do need to be apart right now. And if they get back together, I hope it happens in a way that makes sense, and not just because of some K-drama formula that the headliners need to get back together.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Miscarriages are actually quite common but very few people talk about it, and it's rarely anyone's fault. So I don't like this notion that Na-Hee keeps saying she's somehow at fault. And of course Gyu-Jin is wrong to ever say he thinks she's at fault.

Ideally, a couple would be able to grieve together and support each other during a sad event, but sometimes, a sad event can also break a couple apart. I don't think they're a terrible couple, but they really do need to be apart right now. And if they get back together, I hope it happens in a way that makes sense, and not just because of some K-drama formula that the headliners need to get back together.

Exactly , I feel the same way . I hate that she thinks it is her fault when it isn’t. 

• Like 4

@UnniSarah @chickfactor, the flashback of the miscarriage showed that Na Hee was up working into the wee hours of morning on a research paper and GJ was encouraging her to go to bed because her doctor told her that the lining of her uterus is thin and it increases the risk of her experiencing a miscarriage. He further reminded her that the doctor said that because of her condition, she should avoid stress and rest well. It doesn’t really say if it’s the next day she miscarried but it’s obvious she could have blamed herself for not following doctors orders and GJ blamed her for not listening to him. That was probably the beginning of their end.

I still don’t really dig them as a couple. I don’t really like nonstop bickering. Maybe there’ll improve but I can only wait and see. I actually think the other doctor is more suited to Na Hee’s personality and they could work as a couple. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

I still don’t really dig them as a couple. I don’t really like nonstop bickering. Maybe there’ll improve but I can only wait and see. I actually think the other doctor is more suited to Na Hee’s personality and they could work as a couple. 

GJ is an extrovert and an affectionate person who loves kids and enjoys home-cooked meals. He really loves food prepared by NH’s mom. These are wonderful traits of GJ that probably made NH fell head over heels for him, but now these qualities also set her apart. NH on the other hand is reticent, cold and weak that probably made GJ wants to protect and cherish as lover/husband but fails miserably. 

For these reasons I also don’t see them together, unless something significant happen that attract the two souls again. Although we see GJ grows unease with the relationship between NH and the interim director, but NH has made it clear that they should take care their own businesses from now on (as seen from scenes during their separation, and how to handle their own mothers). For now, I feel good seeing how the interim director offers care, support and attention that she can find comfort at workplace. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

44 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@UnniSarah @chickfactor, the flashback of the miscarriage showed that Na Hee was up working into the wee hours of morning on a research paper and GJ was encouraging her to go to bed because her doctor told her that the lining of her uterus is thin and it increases the risk of her experiencing a miscarriage. He further reminded her that the doctor said that because of her condition, she should avoid stress and rest well. It doesn’t really say if it’s the next day she miscarried but it’s obvious she could have blamed herself for not following doctors orders and GJ blamed her for not listening to him. That was probably the beginning of their end.

I forgot this scene and thank you for reminding about it. Since I am not a health profession , I don’t know If I should blame her but wished she was more careful.  Smh smh I think I maybe biases. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b02489be92dfac8154

• Like 2

@UnniSarah, the important thing is that Na Hee blames herself and GJ seemed to have blamed her too. That was really my point and not really how we see it. It’s the riff that started the demise of their relationship. If Na Hee is ever fortunate again to get pregnant in the future, I’m sure she will take more precaution. I believe when the lining of the uterus is thin it makes it more difficult for the embryo to be planted or for the embryo to thrive. I’m no medical expert either. I just think I have heard of this in passing. ^_^ 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

the one thing i dont like about the show is the mother attitude towards her children. She not concerned about her children happiness, she more concern about what their divorces make her look like.
Its doesn't matter that her son's wife left him for making stupid mistakes and never learning his lesson about being to nice. They are suppose to make it work (He lost their home.)
It doesn't matter that the oldest daughter husband cheated, she was suppose to make it work.
It doesn't matter the 2nd daughter is living in a horrible situation filled with content fighting over petty things and is completely unhappy. She suppose to stay miserable and married.
And it doesn't matter that her youngest married a jerk and left him the same day. Surely there is no reason the nicest and sweetest of all her children would up and leave her "husband" the same day they got married. She suppose to make it work. 
Sorry about the rant but the mother frustrates me.

Edited by Marie Kay
  • Like 3

On 5/11/2020 at 1:14 AM, foreverempress said:

I still do not see that as a valid reason to divorce. Marriage is work. She knows his weakness, but fails to see hers. She holds grudges. So far, we are only seeing a one sided-story with him owning his errors, but us not being fully privy to hers. Her daughter said some things to her that is starting to show the cracks in her own personality and worldview. 

Who says that she didn't put work into it? 

I agree with her not admitting her own faults and not acknowledging that he tries. She is building up a wall to protect herself that is why she is always so harsh on him now.

Buuuuuuuut.. I don't think things are even remotely comparable.

I don't know what other side of the story is there to hear? 

Yes i am sure he only had the best intentions and wanted to help out a friend. And it probably were some very unlucky circumstances..

Fact is he lost their house. Something they both have been working forward to for a long time. Without even consulting her!! I am sorry but that is such a gigantic betrayal of trust and shows that he had no respect for her or their marriage. If he cheated on her everyone here would say forget that guy. But in this case she should work on her marriage?

He showed how little he values his family and he even shows that in the recent episodes where he repeatedly doesnt want to make a firm choice for his family. Come on he has been on film sets for long enough and knows how it goes. But he likes to make excuses. I am not even sure if he deep down knows what he did wrong. It also proves that she is right to build up her wall to not get disappointed again.

I mean i like him and i root for them.. But to say she didnt have a valid reason is... I dont know i just cant agree.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

It has been a while since i checked in on this thread so i am reading up again. 

There is some great insight here. Sometimes i am not entirely sure if the drama really deserves such deep analysis.

I just hope the drama will really touch on those things mentioned. Like that the main couple really works on those things (i agree it was disappointing that they didnt try to work on their marriage) and dont just suddenly miss each and are more affectionate to each other. As we saw they have been deeply in love and affectionate to each other in the past. That doesnt mean they are going to have a longlasting and healthy relationship.

Some people already touched on the real life implications of the actors involved. I recently stumbled on this segment with Oh Yoon Ah and her son on youtube. Oh god it was really heartwarming and heartbreaking. (The comments from the panel are a bit weird at times but hey what do you expect)

She has her own youtube channel as well. Mostly beauty and fashion related. It is pretty ridiculous how she looks great in everything.

Spoiler

I already l liked her character but this kinda made me root for her even more. I just hope that she gets her own story already. I agree that there are certain unlikable aspects about her. That's why i just want her story to start. Her becoming more independent, finding a new career path, overthinking certain values etc.

I wouldnt mind her hooking up with the hot delivery guy but more than anything i want to see her journey and it not solely defined by romance. There has been some progress in recent episodes. I liked that.

And i love the hot delivery guy (i think that's just how we call his character now :D ) taking care of the son. Those scenes are always great. I cant wait for the Oh Yoon Ah character to find out about it.. I mean at that point it must be game over for her. 

Am i the only one who liked Jae-seok's blinddate? Yes the part about her father came across a little weird. But i really liked her somehow. 

But Da-hee's makeover was fun as well. And the fake dating trope. I guess it fits this cute vibe of their story. I think this is going to be a lot of fun.

The storyline with Na-hee and her mom found a good resolution when she finally told her etc. I just think that her mom should reflect a little on why her children wouldn't tell her about their worries. Her first reaction is to blame her. And she had the same reaction about the divorce. Not even contemplating that her daughter might have the hardest time??  And the show continues to frame her as the poor mom who always gets disappointed by her children.

The onesided romance between Ok-Ja and Chi-Soo (the butcher) is fun as long as they keep it as this side gag. There have been some episodes where it just took over too much and there are just many other stories i'd rather see.

Any characters i forgot? 

It is always fun to see some sweet kids after some other dramas i am watching... Seo-Young the oldest niece is super fun for example.

I really like Ga-Yeon the younger coworker in the new foodshop as well. She is just very pretty. I wish there would be a little story.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Marie Kay said:

the one thing i dont like about the show is the mother attitude towards her children. She not concerned about her children happiness, she more concern about what their divorces make her look like.
Its doesn't matter that her son's wife left him for making stupid mistakes and never learning his lesson about being to nice. They are suppose to make it work (He lost their home.)
It doesn't that the oldest daughter husband cheated, she was suppose to make it work.
It doesn't matter the 2nd daughter is living in a horrible situation filled with content fighting over petty things and is completely unhappy. She suppose to stay miserable and married.
And it doesn't matter that her youngest married a jerk and left him the same day. Surely there is no reason the nicest and sweetest of all her children would up and leave her "husband" the same day they got married.
Sorry about the rant but the mother frustrates me.

Thank you.

And then she wonders why Na-hee wouldnt share her worries with her. And even blames her for that.

Ughh.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Who says that she didn't put work into it? 

I agree with her not admitting her own faults and not acknowledging that he tries. She is building up a wall to protect herself that is why she is always so harsh on him now.

Buuuuuuuut.. I don't think things are even remotely comparable.

I don't know what other side of the story is there to hear? 

Yes i am sure he only had the best intentions and wanted to help out a friend. And it probably were some very unlucky circumstances..

Fact is he lost their house. Something they both have been working forward to for a long time. Without even consulting her!! I am sorry but that is such a gigantic betrayal of trust and shows that he had no respect for her or their marriage. If he cheated on her everyone here would say forget that guy. But in this case she should work on her marriage?

He showed how little he values his family and he even shows that in the recent episodes where he repeatedly doesnt want to make a firm choice for his family. Come on he has been on film sets for long enough and knows how it goes. But he likes to make excuses. I am not even sure if he deep down knows what he did wrong. It also proves that she is right to build up her wall to not get disappointed again.

I mean i like him and i root for them.. But to say she didnt have a valid reason is... I dont know i just cant agree.

She doesn't have a valid reason to divorce and it is ok to disagree. If we always agreed on everything this board wold be boring ;)

The worse reason to ever divorce is for irreconcilable differences. Marriage is for better or worse until death do part! Life is full of joy and disappointment; building a wall is not going to change reality or emotions.  I deal with this everyday as a marriage and family therapist. I can tell when a couple is going to divorce with 90%  accuracy after the first 90 min.  Most of my couples where adultery is present I have successfully treated 85% of the time. So I am speaking from professional and personal experience.  Irreconcilable differences couples are the worse because there is a refusal within the couple of acceptance and change. She has contempt; contempt, defensiveness, lack of introspection, and over criticism are relationship killers. 

Yep. I stand by what I said 100%. 

• Like 7

I watched episode 16 few days ago but would still like to share my thoughts.. I don't watch this drama with much deeper thoughts.I Just like whatever is offered and it feels great while seeing the characters develop organically. However I was indeed bothered a little over how the two moms reacted at the lead couple's divorce . But I think they will change for good and be understanding towards their children. Apart from that this show ia enjoyable.

Now coming back to episode 16..It was the best till date.:star:..I felt epi 15 had some fillers but after watching epi 16 ,I think they were necessary for the plot development.

This writer always manages to surprise me with the drama's pacing.I mean even a 16 episode drama is not able to wrap things up neatly every week as this weekender does.

I predicted that the cold war between mom and daughter will be prolonged, the unsuccessful career of Big bro will be dragged on , Chi su confession will be delayed, hospital director will not confront GJ directly about NH,Big bro will not know about his father's investment till the end,etc...But I was proven wrong. Many of the issues got wound up.

The confession related to miscarriage had me in tears. Lee Min Jung is such a great actress. I cried again when mom and daughter reconciled.:tears:..But these were happy tears this time and bro-dad ,GH-DH smiling and hugging each other in that scene, brightened it more.

I can see the characters are starting to develop well. GH has realised that she needs to become independent and merely recieving child support will not lead to her growth. I really like the bonding between Hyo Shin and Ji hun. I don't want Hyo Shin and GH romantic arc at this point cause Ji hoon called him hyung. Like it would have been different had he called him "ahjusshi" .I mean it would be weird if "Hyung" turns into "Appa". For GH I would like a better and responsible man to enter her life who is almost comparable to her age. Otherwise even if she stays single I would love that too as long as she becomes successful on her own.Also I sense the big bro family coming close and I just hope that he becomes sensible enough to not let others exploit him.

Moving on to our cute younger couple..Awww I never thought this dating troupe would come so fast.DH's makeover was enough to knock off JS over his feet. I just can't get enough of JS. Every time that guy comes on screen my lips curve upwards:wub:.. That guy has chemistry with everyone, be it NH, Gyu Jin , obviously with DH and even with his mother. I like one important thing about him i.e he doesn't give a damn about looks , money or status..In the first episode we saw that he met an International lawyer in the plane .They chatted ,she flirted and gave him her business card.But as soon she was out of sight threw away the card showing that he is not interested. Same goes with the blind date. Heck he doesn't even believe in marriage. However he is drawn to the sweet , simple DH and likes to spend time with her.Seems like he is more into inner beauty unlike DH's ex .

As for the main leads,I m glad they are separated for a while so that they understand what was their problems and have some time to figure out what is best. But seriously I don't like that Bo Young Noona. It is because I felt like she was eyeing Gyu Jin even before she knew he was divorced and was like she was waiting for her chance . However I like her kid though. Infact I don't even hate that director much cause he is upfront and honest with his feelings.

• Like 9

@foreverempress, I certainly agree that most people divorce too easily. In the case of the older brother’s ex-wife, I understand her reason to divorce him. While it might not be a valid reason for divorce, she said she gave him many chances when he messed up, he promised he’d never do it again and then goes right ahead and repeat his mistake. I can therefore sympathize with her point of view because repeated financial irresponsible is a big deal. I heard most couples divorce over money or adultery so I suppose what she did isn’t uncommon.

• Like 3