[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

Hi guys ~

It’s been a while since I watched a family drama, I’m loving Once Again.

- Na Hee and Gyu Jim’s communication has completely broken down but I did wonder whether they could’ve tried harder. I feel like both of them didn’t really want to divorce at the beginning; with GJ trying to put it off but I wish he’d said something. Both of them are too prideful and stubborn and it got the the point where they are too deep in their own feelings to be able to compromise and be considerate of each other so I actually think they are better off divorced. 

- I actually find Ga Her a little pointless. I did really like her when she took her son out for lunch but I can’t agree with the way she spends money. Her son goes to school so it’s not like she can’t get a job. I’m bored out of my mind because of this quarantine and we can’t go to work so I find it difficult to relate to people who don’t work/study without any reasons because it’s not like she doesn’t have the support system and what’s her plan? Living with her parents until she gets remarried from credit card to credit card? Her parents won’t work forever and she should be able to stand on her own two feet. It’s already been 3 years since her divorce.

- Da Hee and Brother in law - eh, I’m not too into them. I like them as friends but I can’t feel the chemistry. Also, it’s a little too close to home but it wouldn’t be a family drama otherwise lol

- gj’s mother - oh my god. I mean, can you blame Na Hee for not liking her, she’s so overbearing. I do partly blame her sons for catering to her too much as well, they should’ve put some boundaries a long time ago. I get that she’s still not over her husband’s death but it’s been a long time. 

- I want to see more of delivery boy and gh’s son! 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

On 5/6/2020 at 5:57 PM, kiefshi1056 said:

can anybody agree with me that sometimes or maybe most of the time the second lead couple becomes more interesting to watch rather than the main character because there storyline is more exciting /cute  and funnier. :blush:

Yes because there's usually a lot of anguish watching the first leads.  

On 5/6/2020 at 7:33 PM, celebrianna said:

In this show, JS and DH is the couple that I enjoy the most right now. I’m also interested in the father’s story with his sister whom he doesn’t know yet is alive.

Me too!  I am watching to see how this story unfolds.  All those missing years and both still hold each other in their hearts.  I tear a little each time papa talks\thinks about his little sister. 

4 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I still do not see that as a valid reason to divorce. Marriage is work. She knows his weakness, but fails to see hers. She holds grudges. So far, we are only seeing a one sided-story with him owning his errors, but us not being fully privy to hers. Her daughter said some things to her that is starting to show the cracks in her own personality and worldview. 

I agree with you on this!  I had a Uncle (may he RIP) who was like this too.  Finally my Aunt told him that she will manage the family finance - every single thing.  He wold come to her and tell her about this and that person's sob stories.  Sometimes my Aunt would pass him the money or some of it to help his friend.  Most of the time, she would discuss with him other aspects of the friend's situation and my Uncle would get other ideas on how he can help his friend in non-monetary ways. 

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

Ga-Hee - is she really going to end up with the hot delivery boy (hidden chaebol)? If so, yay for her, but I still can't picture it for some reason.

I hope GH finds someone other than the delivery guy.   I  don't like him much.  He looks sullen at times.  At other times, he carries himself with this almighty attitude.  I also don't like to see the market ladies drooling whenever they see him.  It is supposed to be funny.  But gee, he can be their son so it makes it rather sick.  I only found it funny the first time he appeared and they drooled.  

GH should find a job.  she seems to do nothing but laze around at home.  Does she need someone else to look after?  She has a son to care for!  The delivery guy has nothing going for him except his height!  

I agree with @eLizza comments on NH and GJ.  I am still shipping them!  I don't think they should have gotten a divorce.  What they needed was to learn how to communicate.  They still care for each other - if they didn't, they wouldn't bicker so much.  But I agree @brooksmom that in this situation I blame GJ more than NH.  NH can be very prickly and annoying.  GJ comes across as very caring and lovable.  He always said he don't blame her for the miscarriage but in a fit of anger, he yelled out that it was her fault.  That would cut deep.  And many times he has some good thought to do something for NH but is always interrupted. He then just brushes off his good thought.  And NH would feel the pain of those missed moments, interpreting them as just another sign that GJ doesn't love her.  Then she would be extra cold and prickly with him.  At the workplace, its like him and the other doctors against NH.  NH said that he wasn't like this previously.  So I think GJ finds subtle ways to punish NH.  NH is just more direct and shows it openly.  And often these people are taken as the aggressor, the one at fault and the other party are the "poor victims".   

Anyway hope they get on with the father and his sister's story.  They are mainly the reasons I am still watching this drama.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 5/7/2020 at 10:51 AM, jelly said:

This is a random question, but if we are just talking about looks and not their personalities in this show who do you guys prefer Gyu Jin or Jae-Seok? 

In the midst of waiting for the next episodes, I am curious where y'all lie in terms of preference for looks lol? I'm asking because I talked to a few people and they were split, some said they prefer the sweet looking Gyu Jin and some preferred the charming looking Jae-Seok?

If I focus only on looks my preference lies on GJ.. But JS personality is really cool. I like the fact that he is close to his brother and listens well.

Coming to GJ-NH ,I think people are having second thoughts about their reunion may be due to the lack of scenes showing their past self when they were happy in love. We have been shown the aftermath of miscarriage and the divorce, the makers have not yet dived deeper in showing the difference between their dynamics before and after the miscarriage.We don't even know what led to GJ's attraction towards NH cause she has always been an outcast.

Even if  NH is a" know it all" ,I think GJ didn't have that much of a problem with her cause otherwise they wouldn't have married after dating for so long(I believe they were sweethearts from uni days).He still respects her and won't let anyone else to solely blame her for their divorce.

Lack of communication is the biggest problem in their relationship and I felt it started happening after the miscarriage.

GJ was not thinking seriously about divorce but his pride came forward. Even NH saw what happened to her siblings and decided it would be best for her and GJ to be separated.

GJ's mom is really hard to handle .She is too emotional and gets offended easily. I still remember when she got angry on sweet DH just cause she bought the same hairpins.

If you ask me ,I don't think they are incompatible.Its just that they missed many moments due to misunderstanding and they drifted further. And there is enough episodes for both NH and GJ's mom to develop their characters.

At present I like JS and DH as friends only. No need to rush as they are so sweet by just being friends.Although it would be fun to see them become a couple in future.

PS: I just love the chemistry between Song Young Dal and the long lost sister.They are at present strangers to each other but still connect so much.

@O I agree with your analysis on GJ's  and NH's relationship.

But I think both are equally responsible and hence need to work it out.

• Like 3

Lee Min Jung and Oh Yoon ah who play the roles of sisters Na Hee and Ga Hee are actually best friends in real life. They are part of a girl group of BFs called seven Cinderellas which includes some other veteran actress as well. It must be fun having gotten the chance to work with your bestie for so many months. No doubt they have such strong chemistry on-screen.

• Like 5

In the last two episodes, we see that both GJ and NH admitted there are cracks in their marriage, and it was really emotionally draining and mentally tiring for both of them. Perhaps this situation was prolonged enough that they need to step up and make a decision. 
-> scenes where NH cried and told her dad at the hospital, and when GJ told NH’s dad at the café. At the hospital scene, GJ did not even console NH after dad left. 

They are capable to have a decent conversation, openly identified the cracks and weaknesses (GJ admitted his nagging behaviour and interference from his mom, while NH admitted that she herself has difficult intolerable personality) thus agreed for amicable separation. 
-> scene when GJ helped load NH’s luggage and before they parted ways. Both did not even offer hugs but a handshake.

Up until now, we see no warm gesture, gentle touch or kind sweet fluttering words uttered and laughs in their current relationship prior to the divorce. Many divorce cases highlight irreconcilable differences as the reason for separation, which is happening now between GJ and NH. They chose amicable divorce rather than bitter, daunting, time-consuming and expensive ones, knowing the only challenges that they have to face would come from family and employer, and selling the house. Could earlier intervention save their marriage? Will regular meetings with marriage counsellors adequate enough to make them reconcile when there’s another issue that needs to be addressed i.e obsessive mom who drinks? What's the use of reconciliation if they can't change or happily accept their innate personalities -nagging GJ vs cold NH? (although I think these aren't their innate but acquired after miscarriage). At this stage, I think both of them made a wise decision, wishing each other best of luck with life and love, and remain professionals at work. 

I’m quite satisfied with the progress between GJ and NH but my only concern now is that why do they appear to have residual feelings? Do they see each other getting back together in far future, after what they went through? At the moment we catch a glimpse of GJ from the preview but who know what’s real until next week. 

• Like 2

The pacing of the show so far is great. Everytime it would turn my prediction wrong like when I thought they would stretch this divorce track but the beans were spilled quickly. Also I didn't quite expect GJ to confront his mother so soon.I thought as it is a family drama it will drag on but till now I have been proven wrong.Issues are wrapped up quickly in a satisfying way for example DH's marriage annulment(although there is still a chance that her ex may show up in future). This week was dedicated to NH-GJ and their divorce revelation. From next week onwards I see many story arcs coming.B).

THE RATINGS TOUCHED 30 PC this week and if the quality is maintained I m positive it would go even higher.This is the only currently airing show that I m enjoying.

PS: Can I give a virtual hug to JS. Poor boy always have to clean up after his hyung. He unknowingly falls in the mess created by his brother..I still can't stop laughing when GJ exposed his reason of going to Turkey to their mother and poor JS got kicked out as well:sweatingbullets:.He was just acting as a peacemaker trying to calm  the situation but got dragged down by his brother without any fault...:joy:Even in the beginning he had to sacrifice so many things while trying to hide his brother's divorce.. But I must say GJ and JS are one of the best brothers that I have seen onscreen.:kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, emerald ox said:

-> scenes where NH cried and told her dad at the hospital, and when GJ told NH’s dad at the café. At the hospital scene, GJ did not even console NH after dad left.

Why would GJ console NH after she just finished telling her father that living with GJ was “torture”. :lol: When I heard that line I kept thinking, why would I even root for these two to get back together? They obviously made each other miserable so what’s the point.

@jelly, my favorite female lead from any weekend drama I have watched is still the mom from Five is Enough. She was tough, strong, smart and unlikeable at times, weak at times but just all around an amazing woman to me.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

50 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Why would GJ console NH after she just finished telling her father that living with GJ was “torture”. :lol: When I heard that line I kept thinking, why would I even root for these two to get back together? They obviously made each other miserable so what’s the point.

@jelly, my favorite female lead from any weekend drama I have watched is still the mom from Five is Enough. She was tough, strong, smart and unlikeable at times, weak at times but just all around an amazing woman to me.

Yes, I meant they lack emotional interaction or ideal humane response to console a crying person with words, or a simple pat on her shoulder. Any gestures to let her know that he understands how much she or both of them suffer, or basic gesture to let her know that she did well explaining their decision at such a difficult time. 

Edited by emerald ox
  • Like 2

This show is going to run until September? We're not even 1/3 through yet! I find myself fast-forwarding most of the storylines other than the middle sister, the younger sister and the Yoon brothers. Hope there will finally be progress with the younger sister and the younger Yoon brother. So we're going with the fake dating trope, it seems...His mother is going to flip on the younger sister after she thinks she's dating her precious son...

• Like 3

I just love the bond between Yoon brothers. Poor Jae Suk, he has to suffer from both sides while dealing with his mother and brother.:joy:..

Episode 15 outlined some of the reasons as to why their marriage broke. Gyu Jin seriously nags so much.And Na Hee's temper was known from day one.Both are equally guilty.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@kiefshi1056, was there any progress this weekend for our ship DaHee/Jae Suk? ^_^ I won’t be able to watch until in the week.

YES, just saw in youtube, she has a new look, very pretty, poor Jae Suk, he is so shocked, he's definitely in love:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1