[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

2 hours ago, brooksmom said:

@Samuel YohanesSorry to see you are having trouble trying to see this drama.  I am surprised there are hardly any post today, especially the day they show it. I can understand your frustration. Once I waited and waited for this Chinese drama to sub. It took a year to complete and it was 40 or 50 episode. I don't understand what you need. You want recapping, But are you able  to see this drama without subs?

If I google Asian drama here in USA, I get at least 10-20 sites to look at. Some good some not good. Dramabeans recaps dramas but not Once  Again. One of us here who post might volunteer to do a recap. I was doing partial recaps on a different drama to keep posters interested in visiting the thread, but somebody suddenly starting doing full recaps. So I guess that can happen here too.

In the previous kbs weekend drama, beautiful love wonderful life it is so packed with people that post clip and translation. Feels bad because there are 0 in here well not even a brief explanation about what happen in todays episode. 

If the streaming site is better i will watch this for sure but for now i guess i will wait for kbs youtube 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I can see why the drama does have as many posts as Beautiful Love Wonderful Life. This drama is just a typical weekend famaily drama that we've seen for 1000000 times. There will definitely be double in laws, and the famioy will create a lot of chaos. Idk, I feel like they want to add dramatic characters to make room for the drama. For example, Ok Boon was so angry tht her husband had to use a plastic bag for her to breathe.

On the other hand, for the first few episodes of BLWL kept people hanging because of the suicide thing. There are so much room for theories and discussions regarding about JG's death, so I'm not surprised that this thread is less active.

Anyway, my thoughta on episode 7 and 8 are meh. Yeah, just one word, meh. So, the housekeeper who is allergic to peaches from Parasite is introduced in the drama. I didn't see any interesting arguements between the divorced couple. The only major arguement is about the junior changed from NH's to GJ's team.

If I knew GJ's mother has a coffee ahop, it's expected that DH is going to work there. One thing I love how GJ's mother manipulative DH into helping her out because she knew she's kind and would help her with things, which really reflects on ner personality.

Do don't see the need for DH and JS to freak out when they realise they are in laws. They just drank soju together, that's all. But whatever, this is dramaland, where they exaggerate things.

Cliche plot, haven't really see the character development of JS and GH. The four children's personalities are the similar to My Father is Strange. The eldest child who wants to suceed in life, a child who loves beauty, a child who is sassy and successful, and another who is kind. 

Just to add on, the writer for this drama wrote Weightlifting fairy Kim Bok Joo and Oh My Ghost, so I've hoping this drama's standard will be as good as their previous work, but I highly doubt.

• Like 4

Another fun episode.

There isn't that one character or plotline that i just can't stand at all which led me to drop other family dramas.

I guess this small plotline with Jang Ok-Boon (the mom/grandmother) trying to avoid the other women from the market is pretty dull but that's about it. And her character is slowly growing on me now that she start's to learn from her daughter about what's  important in life.

(That one scene irrked me a bit. It sounded too much as asking for permission instead of informing her parents)

About the main couple.. I still can't take a lot of their bickering seriously. It just looks more like teasing and they going to start making out at any moment :D 

Well i am not complaining. We still understand the problems in their relationship. Plus at the scene in the hospital we had that tonal shift from playful to serious.

I am curious about opinions about the mother in law.

I personally have no problems with her character or plot. I think a big part of it is that Song Na-Hee doesn't let her push her around. That would be way more frustrating as a viewer. The problem comes from Yoon Kyu-Jin not drawing any lines. Yes she could be more sympathetic but he lacks any common sense in regards to her. So my frustration isn't pointed at the mother in law but at him.

I rather pity her. She clearly has an addiction and is very lonely. The introduction of Song Da-Hee in her life might be exactly what she needs. Song Da-Hee (the youngest daughter) is so pure hearted and genuine. It looks like she is using her but it didn't look that bad(?) And i imagine that she will become more genuine towards her as well. At least that's what i hope and that it doesn't take too long. This situation where everybody thinks she is mistreating and using her in law (and she might think that herself) but Song Da-Hee knows better but everybody thinks she is just too naive. Well anyway i am quite optimistic for this storyline.

Btw why didn't Song Da-Hee and Yoon Jae-Seok (ML's brother) know each other? They must have at least met at the wedding or offical family meetings?

At first i thought he just was away for so long but him and Song Na-Hee are pretty close.

And what do you all think about Song Joon-Sun (the stunt man)? Do you want him and his ex wife get back together? 

I am a bit torn on it. Sure they still love each other.

But if one of them cheated everybody would be Don't take him/her back but what he did can be such a worse betrayal.

He just threw their entire existence away. It was something that they both have been working for. And he didn't even ask her because she obvisously would have said NOOO as any sane person would do. But they portray it as this oh he is just too good hearted and naive which might be in part true. But it is also a betrayal and it shows a lack of respect towards his then wife. And his kind of shows where his priorities are. And there is a difference between looking after your hoobaes at work and signing your house away.

Anyhow it will be very hard to regain her trust.

And it would be cool to see a functioning co parenting in a kdrama. Maybe even with both of them getting new partners.

About Song Ga-Hee (the oldest daughter)... Everyone (including Jang Ok-Boon herself) says how unlucky she is with her children. But i mean it was obviously the right decison to get away from that piece of trash husband? Why blame her lol? Because i even read in this thread how everyone is unlikable. What's the problem with her? Do people serisously get confused by the front she puts on? She clearly is very empathetic. I guess it is because she is leeching off her parents? But she also probably gave up her career when she became a mother. I am not sure why people would dislike her. Do i hope she gets back on her own footing again? Of course. Do i dislike just because she is living with her parents? Of course not.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:01 AM, Samuel Yohanes said:

i wish anyone will pick up recapping this drama. 

seems to be a potentialy great drama to follow. but i couldnt find anywhere to watch this. 

because viki sucks in SEA.

viu who usually had the rights for kbs weekend drama somehow didnt had the rights for this drama.. ( really... ) 

netflix ofcourse wont have one too. 

and i dont really had a good website to watch either i guess i must wait KBS to release it on their youtube. who knows when

I feel you friend as a friend from from SEA 

i really want to watch this drama for LMJ and LSY sake since i found they are so cute together. I mean i watched the scene where LMJ asked for a divorce . i guess i need to watch this for my own sanity before it's too late lols

• Like 2

Anyone watch "Father is Strange?" This is the same PD, and I'm struck by how similar this story is. They're even living in the same house. (Really, it's the exact same set.)

You have the one daughter who is super-smart. (This time she's a doctor, in "Father is Strange," she was a lawyer.) Her husband is nice, but her mother-in-law is a stuck-up witch!

Then there's the oldest brother who is nice but a bit of a lunkhead, and lives on the rooftop.

Then there's the one sister who is vain about her beauty, and another sister who is a doormat but eventually learns to stick up for herself.

I think that's it. Yeah, this is the same show. The twist is that everyone's divorced, or maybe getting divorced.

The deep dark secret:

Spoiler

That bar owner played by Lee Jeong-Eun, she's the father's little sister who everyone thinks is dead, right?

Anyway, I love it! This formula works.

• Like 5

April 7, 2020

'National Father' Chun Ho-jin Shows Charismatic Transformation in Behind the Scenes Photos

Source: WOW TV via HanCinema.net

photo1172354.jpg

Actor Chun Ho-jin's behind-the-scene cuts give off overwhelming aura.

In the KBS 2TV weekend drama "Once Again", Chun Ho-jin plays a warm-hearted father named Song Yeong-dal who is a scrooge even to his children.

Chun Ho-jin in the picture is wearing a black turtleneck with a grey suit. His existence gives off a charismatic and chic atmosphere. He is also focused on making a doll himself and in another picture, he's smiling a wise smile, which contrasts to his first picture.

Meanwhile, "Once Again" is a fun and heartwarming drama about the gap between parents and their offspring when it comes to divorce and finding their own true happiness.

• Like 4

April 9, 2020

Lee Byung Hun stirs up "Once Again" filming set when visiting his wife Lee Min Jung 

Source: OSEN via VLIVE

Spoiler

0004190152_001_20200409150516645.jpg?type=e1920

Actor Lee Byung Hun proved himself to be the solid support for his wife.

According to OSEN on the afternoon of April 9, Lee Byung Hun stirred up the filming set's atmosphere of the weekend drama "Once Again" (KBS 2TV/ Scriptwriter: Yang Hee Seung/ Director: Lee Jae Sang) when visiting his wife, actress Lee Min Jung who is starring in the drama.

Lee Byung Hun brought snacks to the staff and actors who were working hard filming for the drama, and gave laughter to everyone at the studio, including Lee Min Jung.

Previously, Lee Byung Hun showed the side of a lovesick man when visiting the filming site of "Fates & Furies" (SBS), "Please Come Back, Mister" (SBS) starring Lee Min Jung and gave tea as well as snacks.

After getting married, currently, Lee Min Jung and Lee Byung Hun have a son.

On the other hand, in "Once Again", Lee Min Jung plays Song Na Hee, who is the second daughter of the couple Song Young Dal (played by Cheon Ho Jin) and Jang Ok Boon (played by Cha Hwa Yeon), and an internal medicine doctor at a pediatric hospital with a realistic, clear and upright personality.

On the April 5 episode, Yoon Jae Suk (played by Lee Sang Yi) discovered that Song Na Hee (played by Lee Min Jung) and Yoon Kyu Jin (played by Lee Sang Yeob) concealed the truth about the divorce and signed a contract to live together.

Lee Byung Hun is expected to participate in the movie "Emergency Declaration", a new work of director Han Jae Rim.

OSEN = Reporter Choi Na Young] /nyc@osen.co.kr

• Like 6

This might indeed have some similarities to Father is Strange but at least for me I like all the characters here. I dropped Father is Strange because I didn’t like the characters and most of all the celebrity guy. I couldn’t stand him for some reason. Here I like all the main characters and I’m starting to have a special fondness for Da Hee and the younger brother of Gyu Jin.

As to the stunts man elder brother of the girls, I hope he grows up. He’s too irresponsible though kind to his friends. I would like to see him start his own stunts man team and mature in the process.

Ga Hee’s story hasn’t really started. I’m looking forward to seeing what will develop with her. 

• Like 7

Could it be .. that 'soon-to-be-public-enemies' Kang Cho Yeon (Lee Jung Eun) is actually Song Young Dal's little sister who he believed had died of fever during their childhood. Just a thought.. albeit spoilerish :huh: :sweatingbullets:..

March 13, 2020

"I've Been There Once" Lee Jung-eun, a Strong Girl-Crush With Song Da-eun and Kim So-ra

Source: Chosun.com via HanCinema.net

Spoiler

photo1163464.jpg

Lee Jung-eun, Song Da-eun and Kim So-ra are bringing girl-crush charm with a drama. The new KBS 2TV drama "I've Been There Once" revealed a shocking image of Lee Jung-eun (Cho-yeon), Song Da-eun (Ga-yeon) and Kim So-ra (Joo-ri).

"I've Been There Once" is a fun and heartwarming drama about the gap between parents and their offspring when it comes to divorce and finding their own true happiness.

Lee Jung-eun plays the mysterious character of Cho-yeon, while Song Da-eun and Kim So-ra play Ga-yeon and Joo-ri, who look up to her. While the performances of the three are greatly looked forward to, the way they enter the market steals attention. They are dressed fancily from head to toe with leopard prints, scarfs, accessories and hair with an excessive bump.

These characters feel sick of the bar they run and change their business to making Kimbab, opening a joint in Yongju Market, where Song Yeong-dal (Chun Ho-jin) runs his business. However, they become 'public enemies' with the people of the market.

Meanwhile, "I've Been There Once" is written by Yang Hee-seung and directed by Lee Jae-sang. The drama begins on the 28th of March at 7:55PM.

• Like 4

@rubie, undoubtedly the new character is Ga Hee’s long lost aunt. The most important take away from the last episode for the father’s story is the tragedy of his sister and then here comes the new character intertwined with his grief and loss which is a strong indicator that she’s his sister. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@rubie, undoubtedly the new character is Ga Hee’s long lost aunt. The most important take away from the last episode for the father’s story is the tragedy of his sister and then here comes the new character intertwined with his grief and loss which is a strong indicator that she’s his sister. 

You've said it spot on. The long-separated siblings obviously would not remember each other. After getting on the wrong foot, and obviously on each other's nerves throughout.. being business rivals instead. Question is.. how long will it take for the tearjerker truth to prevail.. after how many 'bickering' episodes? :ph34r:

Though a strong hunch at this, at least it'll be a happy reunion for both. Better late than never moment.. no2.gif

• Like 3

Was there someone who could translate the relationships in the chart in the first page??? I would like to see that who are in the square love with Na hee and Kyu jin  ? seems like that other girl has a child?

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 5:57 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Unlike her previous role in "My only one", she is not nasty :) I like this comic side of her

I actually missed her in My Only One. I'm called she's back and her character is still silly!

On 4/9/2020 at 6:20 AM, chickfactor said:

Anyone watch "Father is Strange?" This is the same PD, and I'm struck by how similar this story is. They're even living in the same house. (Really, it's the exact same set.)

Exactly, as mentioned in my previous post, the personalities of the four are the same.

On 4/9/2020 at 9:12 PM, rubie said:

Actor Lee Byung Hun proved himself to be the solid support for his wife.

According to OSEN on the afternoon of April 9, Lee Byung Hun stirred up the filming set's atmosphere of the weekend drama "Once Again" (KBS 2TV/ Scriptwriter: Yang Hee Seung/ Director: Lee Jae Sang) when visiting his wife, actress Lee Min Jung who is starring in the drama.

This is so heartwarming!!!

I just realised something. Unless their partner cheated on them, they are geting back to their partner.

• Like 1