[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

@Fabbo

Spoiler

Lots of people enjoyed Father is Strange. I only watched maybe 15 episodes. One of the reasons I enjoyed Five is Enough so much is because it’s basically The Brady Bunch. A divorced mom working hard to support her kids meet a widower with two kids. Her husband left her for her best friend. She’s a tough but loving mom.

One of the things I remembered so well was when the widower accompanied the divorced mom to take an MRI. He thought she would be scared because his dying wife was scared when she did the MRI. However, the divorced mom fell asleep in the machine to the point of snoring. :lol: Anyway, on the ride from the hospital, he basically asked her how she could fall asleep and if she has no worries. Well, the divorced mom told him that she’s a single mom without any husband to rely on so she can’t give in to fear because she has kids to take care of. Of course the way she said it was more powerful/poignant and I just really thought she was a strong person. I think that moment was one of those that probably made the widower fall for her. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Regarding GJ and NH, you’re definitely right that they’re bickering is not dark. It’s just sad that they’re not even trying to talk about their issues and try to meet each other halfway.

@celebrianna @Fabbo-  I kind of like their "bickering".  It sounds like normal bickering that all couples do.  I liked the 2nd episode as well... to me it seems like it's a lot of things.... conflict with mom in law where it feels like maybe the son is always on the side of his mom. The mom is a bit eccentric, depending on her son but maybe that dependency might cause the wife and husband to butt heads or the wife and the mother in law.  I feel like that's something common in all marriage relationships where maybe it feels  like the husband seems to be siding with his mom more than the wife, etc.  

Then when they brought up the miscarriage.  She was already probably feeling a lot of pain over what happened but when her husband brought up how she should have listened to him and rested more instead of going to the conference, that was very insensitive.  

But even though her ex-sister in law said that "she didn't have to hate him anymore".  I hope that Na Hee will reconsider and I hope that even that ex- sister in law will reconsider as well.  

Yes, I hope that Na Hee and her husband will take some time to talk.  

7 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Oh for sure. There just is a playfulness about it here. Like would you would see in other dramas where they "fight" all the time before they become a couple. Of course you are supposed to like both of them which would be a lot harder if they went to show some really dark and ugly sides in their conflict.

But as i said they made a good job in giving more context and depth to their conflict in the second episode. As well as showing how exhausting it is. The "I don't have to hate him anymore" captures it pretty well.

1 hour ago, Fabbo said:

Btw do you (or someone else here) have more recommendations for a weekend family drama? I want to start one on top of this one. 'Five is Enough' sounds good. I might just go with that one.

Have you watched Gentleman Tailor of Wolgeysu?  That was a KBS weekend drama.  Also, I just finished watching Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life.  I watched Mother of Mine too, but I didn't finish that one. That was a weekend drama too.

• Like 5

@cococahpi, I can’t say that I blame GJ for blurting out his feeling about Na Hee’s “recklessness” which doubtless contributed to the loss of the baby. I couldn’t believe her persistence in staying up into the wee hours of the morning to finish her research when he was right there warning and reminding her that her doctor said she should not exert herself too much because the thin lining of her uterus increased the chances of her miscarrying the baby. Na Hee seems to be the type of person who thinks she’s always right and I find that unappealing in her character. 

However, GJ also acts like a child in avoiding their issues. 

About Ga Hee’s hyung, I hope that he gets back with his wife but the wife seems adamant about never rekindling that flame.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Btw do you (or someone else here) have more recommendations for a weekend family drama? I want to start one on top of this one. 'Five is Enough' sounds good. I might just go with that one.

I've started watching weekend dramas starting from Wang's Family. (2013)

Here are the weekend dramas I'd recommend you to watch.

- Five Enough is one of the best ones. The concept is fresh and the conflict between the kids and their step siblings and the way their parents solved the problem is absolutely interesting to watch. Definitely recommend you to watch this first.

- If you don't mind watching older dramas , then I'd recommend Wang's Family. All About My Mum is also quite good, although the ending is quite predictable.

- My Only One will bring you constant laughter, especially the part when the grandma has dementia. The concept is quite fresh too.

- If you don't mind two old people dating as a focus then Marry Me Now would be a good choice!

- I do not recommend you to watch Wonderful Days or Mother of Mine because they are no different compared to lullaby. But you are welcome to watch it if you have insommia.

- For the rest of the dramas, they are meh to me. Good to watch but not as good s the ones I've just mentioned.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, cococahpi said:

Have you watched Gentleman Tailor of Wolgeysu?  That was a KBS weekend drama.  Also, I just finished watching Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life.  I watched Mother of Mine too, but I didn't finish that one. That was a weekend drama too.

I watched a few episodes of Mother of Mine mainly because of Kim Soyeon. And i've watched clips on youtube.

I just couldn't deal with the abusive behavior of the in laws towards the oldest daughter.

@Secretz Thanks. 

Can you say something about My Father is Strange? I've heard some good things and it has a very high rating on mdl

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fabbo said:

Can you say something about My Father is Strange? I've heard some good things and it has a very high rating on mdl

My Father is Strange is also a great show. Basically a show where an idol moves in to his father's house to experience fatherly love for his drama. Quite an interesting story, and the second child is super likeable. There are also plenty of twists in this show, so no doubt it's a good show. As you just mentioned that you couldn't deal with abusive in laws, but this show's in law is controlled by the daughter-in-law at the end.

• Like 4

Hi Everyone! 
Decided to post while on home quarantine (let’s all stay safe).

I finished watching the first two episodes and I must say that this drama will be on my list. I like the bickering of LSY and LMJ. I hope that their story will be like the story from Come Back Couple. Eventually they had their happily ever after.

I saw someone asking for Weekend Drama recommendation:

Below is my personal list:

1. Ojakgyo Brothers - about 4 brothers with different stories. I personally like the story of 2nd brother. He end up marrying his boss who he got pregnant (1 night stand). At the office nobody knows that they got married. 
2. What Happens To My Family - This is the drama where the Father sue his children. I like the story of Yoon Park and Son Dam Bi.

3. My Daughter Seoyoung - I watched this because of my admiration to Park Hae Jin and it didn’t turn me down. But very dramatic.

Father is Strange is not my cup of tea. There is a scene there that is really impractical for the story.

that’s it.. I hope saturday will come for the New episode.

• Like 8

Fun episode today :D 

So Na hee and Kyu jin got divorce... But in twist of fait there was some problem with finding apartment  so now they have to live together as roommate and even wrote down a housemate contract! ha ha. what a way to make them stay in each other orbit writer. :sweatingbullets: I am therefor sure they in the end gonna find their way back to each other. :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

i wish anyone will pick up recapping this drama. 

seems to be a potentialy great drama to follow. but i couldnt find anywhere to watch this. 

because viki sucks in SEA.

viu who usually had the rights for kbs weekend drama somehow didnt had the rights for this drama.. ( really... ) 

netflix ofcourse wont have one too. 

and i dont really had a good website to watch either i guess i must wait KBS to release it on their youtube. who knows when

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@Samuel YohanesSorry to see you are having trouble trying to see this drama.  I am surprised there are hardly any post today, especially the day they show it. I can understand your frustration. Once I waited and waited for this Chinese drama to sub. It took a year to complete and it was 40 or 50 episode. I don't understand what you need. You want recapping, But are you able  to see this drama without subs?

If I google Asian drama here in USA, I get at least 10-20 sites to look at. Some good some not good. Dramabeans recaps dramas but not Once  Again. One of us here who post might volunteer to do a recap. I was doing partial recaps on a different drama to keep posters interested in visiting the thread, but somebody suddenly starting doing full recaps. So I guess that can happen here too.

• Like 2