[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

Finished watching the episode now!
Yes on our OTP and more screen time if them!!  

Cute Epilogue sneaky GJ pretending he’s didn’t know they were together and then snuggling with NH. He missed cuddling NH. Still recall he thought their bed was too big without her after she moved out.

Again proud of his speech to NH about the importance of words with his feelings for NH to misunderstand him. I agree with NH trepidation to go slowly and not want to repeat the past.

YD finding out his sis was NOT dead! Thank god!

We waited 8 weeks for OTP reunite now 9 fir reunion of YD and CY.(?)

Love how DH told JW she loves JS and due to him she loves herself more. He def loves her more. The kiss at the stairs was the right place, glad JS held her hand securely to prevent her running away after the first peck . To have NH & GJ pass by (he is such a busy body & nosy lol) 

The stages of depression when GH was waiting for her first order. Lol. 

JS learning how to hope about hearing SJ possibly speaking in the future . I hope before the drama ends we hear dad/mom /Unni from SJ! 

Loved how JS could care less about GJ sleeping away from home. I had meant to type about it earlier but forgot. Funny NH fibbed about morning meeting.

JR sunbae tried and wish him happiness . Glad he didn’t want GJ empty words and he is right- don’t let NH go!

• Like 4

Yess..I was  right!!. Latest episode rating is the highest  for Once Again so far..!!! Writer should have given more screen-time to GJ-NH in the previous episodes..

Anyways better late than never..

Time to rejoice...Hope it goes even higher and touches the 40 pc mark..Lee Sang Yi's OST also helped to boost up the ratings..I think LMJ and Lee Sang Yeob gonna be at high position in the good data report for this week..

• Like 7

It was awesome hearing LSY song while our OTP were together, sigh lovely !!!!

Great their ratings were high! Enjoying this family weekend drama a lot , cannot believe more than halfway over. What other arcs are up the writers sleeve?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

What other arcs are up the writers sleeve?

I think NH and GJ will find out about DH and JS very quickly. When they go home, won't they notice their siblings wearing the same clothes as the people making out in the park? Especially NH since DH is wearing a pretty distinctive yellow checkered shirt.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, letsgoa_s said:

I think NH and GJ will find out about DH and JS very quickly. When they go home, won't they notice their siblings wearing the same clothes as the people making out in the park? Especially NH since DH is wearing a pretty distinctive yellow checkered shirt.

Or when they were dating, they met sadon couple by accident at the cafe or resto .. It would be hillarious 

imagine their faces when older bro and sis saw them :w00t:

#wrongplace#wrongtime lmao :lol:

I hope they will team up together to get approval from both of their family esp their mom.. 

Get ready guys :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200713005500315

New dramas focus on breakup of conventional families

SEOUL, July 13 (Yonhap) -- Family TV series usually revolve around how the family as a whole reacts to relationship challenges like divorce and adoption, or present conventionally fundamental values, such as love and happiness.

In recent days, however, the eased influence of the traditional family structure and newly emerging family issues of "graduation from marriage" and marriages of sexual minorities have penetrated into the small screen in South Korea and resonated with audiences.

The KBS weekend show "Once Again" features the Song family, whose four children all get divorced. Each couple's separation and post-divorce relationships bring about different reactions from old and young generations.

Na-hee, played by Lee Min-jung, one of the three daughters of the Song family, gets divorced from her husband but still lives with him because she cannot tell her conservative parents the truth.

Experts say the recent TV series has reflected the breakup of the stereotypical family notion, which was largely based on the Confucianism ideology, in recent decades.

"KBS' 'Once Again' talks about the family as a haven that embraces the divorced," Yun Seok-jin, a professor at Chungnam National University in Daejeon, said. "Now, TV shows start to narrate the change in family structure as single-person households have become the most common family type in South Korea."

He noted it is different from KBS' previous comedy "Five Enough" (2016), which candidly features the divorce but shows the restoration of family by remarriage in the end. Its heroine, a divorced mother with three children, finally ties the knot with a widower.

The new KBS drama's well-rounded depiction of the generational gap helped the series reach a viewership of 33.3 percent on its latest episode that aired Sunday, marking the highest rating among KBS' TV dramas in 2020.

513989BE-BFF1-44B4-8890-97BC42AA152D.jpg
A teaser image of KBS "Once Again" provided by the broadcaster (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

Graduation from marriage, referring to living apart in one's sunset years, is one of the main ideas of the tvN drama "My Unfamiliar Family," which is about family members who have become used to a polite but emotionally constrained relationship.

The mother, who seems to have led a happy married life for decades with her husband and three grown-up children, decides to leave the marriage and start a new life.

The story is also multiplied by a gay husband of one of the daughters, who pretends to be straight and create a normal family.

The shattering of the family and the recovery of relationships have caught the eyes of Korean viewers. Its first episode on June 1 started with 3.1 percent in viewership, but the figure has been on a steady rise to hit 4.7 percent for its 10th episode on June 30.

The romantic comedy "Oh My Baby," which ended its run on July 2, touches on issues that are widely known but seldom talked about in the conservative country -- a single woman who wants to become a mother without marriage.

The drama revolves around a 39-year-old workaholic who plans to search for a sperm donor in a bid to have a baby of her own. It also weaves in a subplot of personal lives of those in their 30s and 40s, seeking a balance between work and family and suffering from infertility.

KBS' rom-com "Men Are Men" and JTBC's romance drama "Was It Love?" are also about a single mother and a woman who refuses to marry, respectively.

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Nodame said:

What other arcs are up the writers sleeve?

We all probably have the same idea. Them resolving known issues and then live happily ever after, how easy is that? I can't stop thinking about the last 2 episodes, how happy they both are as they appreciate each other's presence. Again, I might be bias but NH's words as they talked at the park served a strong foundation to their new relationship, how anxious she is that they were in love in the past but crumbled, and what if history repeats itself? How difficult is it for a professional couple who was once divorced but meet again in this modern society? Communication is indeed important, and now GJ is changing that. He will no longer keep mum but utter every words he has to say. Yes, both will use that to learn about each other but when presented conflicts are they ready to work as a team for the sake of new relationship? 

Earlier in the drama we saw NH's mom facing struggles, not only because and for the children but also she tried to ride on NH-GJ's so called popularity. We came to a conclusion that NH's mom isolating NH after divorce is unacceptable and the she is also at fault, but do we all understand well how a mother should feel in this situation? Even up until now and in the upcoming episodes I still feel pity for NH's mom, she must've had and will have the most emotional roller coster. 

• Like 5

I really like how the writer portrayed NH and GJ with this week's episodes because I think it really captured an essence about marriages. Sometimes you get so annoyed at someone's antics and all the little things you argue over. But at the same time, the same antics and arguments are the things deeply missed when they are gone.

In my region, we used to have this iconic ad showing a woman giving an eulogy at her husband's funeral. She was seen recounting all his hateful habits which shocked the funeral goers as it seemed like she was embarrassing her late husband. But she goes on to say that these little antics are the ones that assured her of his presence and that he was still by her side. Now that he is gone, these little things that used to annoy her became something which she treasured deeply in her memory.

Although it seems like NH and GJ are reverting to their old argumentative selves, but now they somehow found a different appreciation for the same old things. I found that this beautifully captured how couples grow on each other in their married lives.

I found a lot of hope while watching the episodes especially when GJ finally came to realisation that his passive attitude contributed to the problem and he wants to change. I also like how NH is honest about her uncertainty and fear but willing to take it slow and take it one step at a time to rebuild their relationship. Finally I am most glad that they kept JR's character and integrity in tact. He was a true gentleman until the very end. I appreciate the writer for keeping him that way.

Hahaha but I can't believe both of them walked in on JS and DH yet did not recognise their own siblings!!! I hope they find out soon hahahaha! And I melt when DH explained why she will always choose JS. Silly of JS to not realise how much of a difference he made and what he really meant to DH. Relationship aspirations indeed hahahaha! 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

@fluffyloaf ..I second ur opinion on GJ-NH's relationship..And yes the writer is definitely not disappointing us..

The writer never forgets to surprise me. Many a times when I think certain scenes are unnecessary or fillers but later on they turn out to hold key points..For example,on Saturday's episode when the old guy helped a lady by fixing her heels in the market ,I thought what was the need to show this.. 

Only when I saw Sunday's episode,I understood why that scene was necessary..It put an emphasis to his character who also happened to be a shoemaker once..Thus when he offered to mend Young Dal's shoes ,it appeared believable and ultimately this act paved its way for the big reveal related to Young Suk. Well done writernim for weaving such intricate details..

Thus I believe that Hong Yeong Hong is not there just to waste away the screen time...I think she will play an important part in the bro-sis story.. Remember when she looked at the photo frame and asked Cho Yeon few details about her family and that her brother looked handsome..She even once asked if the President is rich..

All of these  could be a foreshadowing.. However I just hope this mooch turns out to redeem herself cause I already can't bear her sight.

I sound like a broken record but kudos to the writer for wrapping up issues so quickly..I mean she didn't drag the jealousy issue between the sadon couple..And also Seo Young's part was touching..I just love how nicely she developed all the side stories( but seems like while doing that she forgot about the main leads for some time..:sweat_smile:)

Anyways this is the turning point and with two couples down , other two will be uniting soon..

Btw read some comments where people were counting the total no. Of marriages at the end of the series .It was so funny...Thus..the four kids+Jeong Beom+Jeong Soo+ Yang Chisu..ghoshhh we will have 7 couples..It would be nice if Cho Yeon gets to be with a nice man as well..Woww..this will be a record in kdrama land..:cutekitty:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Thoughts about Sadon couple:

1) Ji-Won analysing Jae-Seok's drawing in ep 31 could either his way of provoking JS because of the secret dating (which he might see as cowardice) or a serious case of foreshadowing. They have yet to face their biggest obstacle which is getting the acknowledgement of their families and I feel like JS will get to empathise more with his brother regarding his past marriage issues and I think that he will feel the urge to run away but he will fight at the end. 

2) Especially after him witnessing what Da-Hee said about him to Ji-Won. Now, his faith in her is complete and even if other men hit on her he will feel at ease because there will be only a room for him in his girlfriend's heart. How beautiful was it that Da-Hee set straight what really distinguishes Jae-Seok for her: not his status (being a doctor), not a pure coincidence (him having met her earlier) but the fact that he made her grow as a person and improved her self esteem. This is a contrast to her failed first marriage where she married the guy for his prosecutor status (as she said, that was what convinced her) and he digged a hole in her self esteem.

3) The scene where Jae-Seok felt like he had to brag to his friends about his dating history is so ironical. It's funny how he boasts about his successful push-and-pull game (miltang) in the past but the next minute it doesn't work on her and he whines about it :D Da-Hee unknowingly played hard to get with him the moment he fell in love with her.

4) Poor Da-Hee. The more you treat Jae-Seok's mom to nice meals and offer her sweet little gifts, the more she will get hurt because she will see those gestures of you buttering her up to get her approval as a future daughter-in-law. 

By the way, I kind of predicted that Da-Hee would list all of Jae-Seok's good qualities and how meaniful he is to her but not to Ji-Won. I thought that might happen when the families find out and her family judges Jae-Seok too harshly and she feels the need to defend him. 

Their relationship has been very wholesome so far but I like all of the relationships in the show. It's just that theirs is more fun to analyse for me :D as I said, some of the show's most meaningful quotes belong to them and they both are very terrific actors. 

I just hope that JS's mom finds a cure for her loneliness. Either by having a large group of friends to lean on (the market ahjummas for example), an extended family (with both of her sons marrying the Song sisters) or by finding a man. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, dubuqueen said:

2) Especially after him witnessing what Da-Hee said about him to Ji-Won. Now, his faith in her is complete and even if other men hit on her he will feel at ease because there will be only a room for him in his girlfriend's heart. How beautiful was it that Da-Hee set straight what really distinguishes Jae-Seok for her: not his status (being a doctor), not a pure coincidence (him having met her earlier) but the fact that he made her grow as a person and improved her self esteem. This is a contrast to her failed first marriage where she married the guy for his prosecutor status (as she said, that was what convinced her) and he digged a hole in her self esteem.

Great analysis! 

I've heard the saying that if you marry for money, you have to earn every cent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am not going to tell you how many times I've watched episode 32 (i.e. 63 and 64). Like @capri2014, I kept playing all the scenes of GJ-NH on repeat. :wub:    I mean, I have been so invested in this pairing from the get-go that I got totally exasperated during these eight weeks. Some fans, like @jelly ,probably took a break because of non-development between GJ-NH. In DC Gall inside of Once Again (a popular Korean platform for fans), many shippers of Nagyu (the name they gave to GJ-NH) left during these 8 weeks but now Nagyu CP is getting popular with new fans after the latest two episodes. 

@the girl who!  The episode 31 aired on Saturday also broke the record of ratings on Saturday.  As @eLizza says, the ratings have surged obviously in the last several episodes---when the writer stopped giving 2 minutes 37 seconds of screen time to GJ/ NH. Korean fans constantly talk about 8 weeks and 2 minutes of appearance of Nagyu in one episode. 

And I do consider the latest episodes worth the hype and ratings, specifically with regard to Nagyu couple. The writing, directing, pacing and the performance by LMJ and LSY are hitting the right notes.  What comes after the stasis of 8 weeks is two richly-written nepisodes where Nagyu couple, as well as the audience, take a rollercoaster ride to go through angst, longing, crisis, reconciliation, warmth, tears, laughter and a lot of love. Surely, Sadon couple is very cute, but Korean fans on DC inside are raving about how Nagyu CP can "digest all the genres" from melodrama to romantic comedy. I want to applaud LSY and LMJ for their excellent acting. I know that people like to criticize LMJ's acting (just like how people like to criticize KTH), but I think she is a perfect fit and has been doing great so far with this role. Most importantly, she and LSY have this scintillating chemistry--not only visually but also in terms of comic timing. Their bickering in the latest episode is a great joy to watch!

On Sunday night, LMY and LSY, as well as "epilogue" (lol) all appeared on the naver search. 

6fc6de18gy1ggp9f8uxuaj20hs0eswf0.jpg

My favorite scenes in episode 33: 

6fc6de18gy1ggq01xdwnsg20i60a8b2b.gif6fc6de18gy1ggq01xf63qg20i60a84qr.gif

6fc6de18gy1ggq19tzp80g20i80a8b2a.gif

I share the same view as @fluffyloaf ....the two eating scenes actually show us how they are actually trying to "work things out." This is why I love a type of Korean dramas like weekend dramas or reply series where they use a mundane scenario of eating to portray emotional bonding. 

I LOVE it when NH asks whether GJ has eaten after the hug scene. This is the question among close family members. It's not the saccharine lovey and lovey talk. During the eating scene, LSY and LMJ are such capable actors to convey the nuanced feeling of care through their gaze. I mean..when is the last time they dined together and enjoyed each other's company?  Even in the second time in the noodle shop, the bickering is so natural.  Nahee can never do the same with the director. The director also seems to prefer fancy restaurants while NH, being the daughter of a fried chicken shop at the marketplace, feels at home in a cold noodle place.  

I find their drunk scene so cute. Nahee also indirectly communicate to GJ about her hesitation, which is why GJ finally comes forward to tell her that he wants to start over once again. I am a bit jealous of Lee Byung hun because LMJ is so pretty even when her hair is all tangled up...

@emerald ox Yes. This couple still has to go through a lot of hurdles. LSY went on a radio show and revealed that Nagyu cp still has obstacles. I am all fine with this-- as long as it's not another 8 weeks with 3 minutes of screen time!

Spoiler

6fc6de18gy1ggp9gt20veg20m80b4he0.gif

The epilogue is simply daebak! 

I mean, I cannot say enough praise to LSY. Did anyone of you notice that he made this satisfying growl when he lies down to spoon NH? HAHAHA. Such a realistic detail and I am sure it's his ad lib performance. I also like how he uses his arm as pillows for NH. For me, this kind of "bed" scene is far more fluttering because this mundane detail is what defines the companionship of marital life. 

Spoiler

6fc6de18gy1ggp9gl99kpg20m80ayu15.gif

@eLizza  Maybe four "Lees" will make it to Gooddata. All the four leads have the same last name. LCH-and two LSY and LMJ. :lol:

Credit: DC inside https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/lists?id=onceagain

Edited by triplem
4th image (Pic, YT, IG, twitter) onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

I have been watching this drama for the past 4-5 days trying to catch up and let me just say this drama is on another level.  Finally GJ and NH are back together.  I feel like no matter what they will always have a soft spot for each other and even though they argue and bicker so much they will always go back to each other.  I feel bad for JR though he’s such a nice guy but GJ and NH are meant for each other and that has never changed throughout the drama.  Ever couple in this drama is so unique in their own way I love it. It’s been so long since I watched a long family drama so I was hesitant to start this at first but I’m so glad I did because this is definitely a gem. :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Geez....I don't know what happens...my interface of Soompi keeps changing every two days. Oh well...

Gooddata for the second week of July is out. Once Again is #2 in TV category. 

Lee Sang Yeob is number #3, Lee Minjung is #5, Lee Sang Yi is # 8. 

I am so surprised that the impact of Nagyu couple is immediately felt. It's funny that a lot of Nagyu shippers are teenage girls while Dajae CP has a lot of supporters from women in their 30s and 40s. I am glad to see Lee Sang Yeob getting the long overdue acknowledgement and popularity. TV dramas like this really depend on an effective pairing to make actors/actresses shine--and vice versa. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Katsuragi said:

Geez....I don't know what happens...my interface of Soompi keeps changing every two days. Oh well...

Gooddata for the second week of July is out. Once Again is #2 in TV category. 

Lee Sang Yeob is number #3, Lee Minjung is #5, Lee Sang Yi is # 8. 

I am so surprised that the impact of Nagyu couple is immediately felt. It's funny that a lot of Nagyu shippers are teenage girls while Dajae CP has a lot of supporters from women in their 30s and 40s. I am glad to see Lee Sang Yeob getting the long overdue acknowledgement and popularity. TV dramas like this really depend on an effective pairing to make actors/actresses shine--and vice versa. 

Thanks for the info..Three Lee s are in top 10..

For me ..my main reason of starting this drama was the main OTP.. I think this is the case with majority .. However sadon couple came as a big surprise with their cute story and people got more invested in them with the leads'story taking a backseat..I won't say that I didn't admire the sadon couple but their story was like any other couple that we see in dramaland . (If u have seen the writer's previous work like Weightlifting Fairy then u will be finding many similarities with Sadon couple.She included the same friends turned into lovers trope as well as the characteristics of a sweet, supportive and understanding BF. Also the girl not having confidence in her appearance with the boy being extra-charismatic can be found in her earlier work as well ).. But the doctor couple's relation is still unique taking in the fact that it was their only serious relationship (My guess is that none of them had  a dating experience prior university  cause NH had always been  an outcast and a bookworm. Meanwhile GJ's progress with  his unrequited first love BY noona halted after meeting NH). Still they had to face so much difficulty due to lack of communication and other factors..I m glad they are brave enough to address these issues again and are willing to take things slowly..Plus their chemistry is awesome..They can be cute as well as Melodramatic and it is enjoyable to watch their rollercoaster journey.

I m happy for Lee Sang Yeob..First time watching him in a drama..I already liked LMJ before but Lee Sang Yeob is a new discovery for me.. Hope he gets more lead roles .

PS: I agree Lee Min Jung is really pretty..I mean she looks nowhere near 38. Plus seeing her with Lee Sang Yeob makes me forget about Lee Byun Hun .I mean no disrepect but would have rooted for them in real life if she was unmarried. That is what I call a  great onscreen chemistry..

• Like 2
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Katsuragi said:

It's funny that a lot of Nagyu shippers are teenage girls while Dajae CP has a lot of supporters from women in their 30s and 40s.

Oh i wonder why? Perhaps the teens look up to this kind of relationship as somewhat ideal marriage life or romance they dream of? And women from 30-40s are missing the nostalgia and yearning for raw romance? That's super interesting.

5 hours ago, eLizza said:

I m happy for Lee Sang Yeob..First time watching him in a drama..I already liked LMJ before but Lee Sang Yeob is a new discovery for me.. Hope he gets more lead roles .

I'm the opposite. I first got to know LMJ when she joined ugly duckling as invited host. Surprisingly LMJ and LSY are of the same age, and can see them as real life couple. I'm guilty for that too!

13 hours ago, Katsuragi said:

I am all fine with this-- as long as it's not another 8 weeks with 3 minutes of screen time!

But wait...why do I have a feeling that's exactly what we'll get? :loolz:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Preview for 65-66

Spoiler

65-66회 미리보기

영숙이 살아있을지도 모른다는 사실을 알게 된 영달은 동생의 흔적을 찾으러 동분서주하고 옥분은 그런 영달이 누구보다 안쓰럽다.

나희와 규진은 누구도 아닌 서로를 위해서 결혼 전과는 다르게 조금씩 변화하기 시작한다.

한편 지원이가 무단결석을 한다는 소식을 들은 재석, 남자답게 그를 호출하는데! 지원아 세상엔 여자는 많아. 물론 ‘다식이’는 한명 뿐이지만.

연홍이 떠난 용주 시장에 어슬렁거리며 영업을 방해하는 사채업자들 VS 시장 상인들! 갈등은 심화되고 그 가운데 초연은 전화 한 통을 받는데...

Young-dal finds that Young-suk may be alive, and Young-dal rushes to find her brother's traces.

Nahee and Gyujin begin to change little by little for each other, unlike before marriage.

Meanwhile, Jae-seok, who hears that Ji-won is absent, calls him like a man! Ji-won, there are many women in the world. Of course, there is only one “Dasik”.

Debt collectors VS market traders wandering the Yongju market, where Yeonhong left! The conflict is intensifying, and the premiere receives a phone call...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 7/11/2020 at 1:49 PM, emerald ox said:

I was wrong all along.

It wasn't JS that play cupid.

It wasn't BY nor JR that made NH-GJ fall in love again.

It wasn't past romance that awaken their new romance.

It was..

..sticky notes.

I promise to never underrate the power of a sticky note from that moment on

:D:D:D

:lol: HAHAHA, I love it.

But really, it did not take a lot to get these two back together. Just a couple of caring messages to each other, and some porridge + band-aid and they are back together.

I don't love how they immediately slipped right into bicker mode. I guess that's just how they relate to each other.

While Gyu-Jin's mom is pretty screechy and rude, I think that maybe she is not THAT bad - at least compared to other K-drama nightmare MILs. At the very least, I'd like to imagine that she can change and see the error of her ways. It was kind of sweet when Na-Hee's mom protected her when those thugs came to the street market. They're frenemies who get into hair-pulling fights, but they do apparently care about each other.

So I'd like to think that she's not going to throw a fit about her two sons marrying the two sisters of the main family. And she really gets along well with Da-Hee, maybe she'll just be happy about having Da-Hee become her daughter-in-law without any of the typical arrogant show that drama MILs put on.

I hope the Father finds out that Cho-Yeon is his long-lost sister soon. It would be so nice if we can spend time after they reconnect, instead of having it happen in the last episode.

• Like 7
  • Love 1