[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

I wait for the love story of the eldest sister to be developed, the delivery man is very sexy and young, I hope more screen time for them it is especially them who interest me
I saw that the young couple  divorced  seem to fall in love again with each other, but the rivals of each seem to be present for several more episodes

the aunt's story, I am waiting to be surprised, she is jovial at the same time she has heart, how the secret will come out, I imagine that one of the children, (nephew or niece) will get closer to her without knowing that they are from the same family

• Like 2

16 hours ago, letsgoa_s said:

Aren't double in-laws taboo in Korea? So if Ga Hee gets together with the dentist, the mother-in-law will flip out. But then, the older siblings will probably end up revealing their divorce for the younger siblings' sake.

Yeah i would have thought so as well. Or at least frowned upon.

I did a little searching and stumbled upon this article which is about that question. https://thegrandnarrative.com/2010/03/23/korean-families-marriage/

An interesting sidenote:

[...]

Until as late as 2005, Article 809 of the Korean Civil Code prohibited marriage between those of the same ancestral, regional clan (or local subgroup of Lees, Parks, or Kims and so on), of which the largest had over 4 million members. Or in short, somewhere between 8-15% of the Korean population were literally forbidden to marry each other, with even the children of any de-facto unions discriminated against also because their out-of-wedlock status prohibited them from receiving national health insurance, let alone complicating inheritance and property rights.

[...]

• Insightful 1

20 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

I wish that she will transform into this look soon

Some people look attractive when you first see them. They become more and more unattractive the longer you know\see them.   Some people look very plain when you first meet them.  Then become more and  more attractive as their inner beauty shines through.  DH is like this.  She doesn't need the makeup and clothes to look attractive.

I like this drama.  A lot of good actors.  Currently watching because of DH - would like to see her role expand and the inner strength and beauty shine more.  

Also watching because of  GH and NH.  If this couple could only learn how to communicate.  I think from past scenes, NH was not always so rigid and cold.  It may  be her defense mechanism because I am sure she also feels guilty.  GH always assured her he does not blame her for the miscarriage but in a  moment of anger,  he screamed that it was her fault that they lost the baby.  So he too just like NH, cannot communicate honestly.  Many times he was about to reach out to her, then was interrupted and the moment passed.  So NH thinks he doesn't care.  They care for each other and will find their way back together.  Just going to be painful to watch them struggle.  I guess his annoying first love will help to move things along.  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

now that her sister knows, i hope gyu jin and na hee's divorce will be discovered by the parents soon. the plot needs to move faster, i don't want any more fakeouts. 

also i'm pretty sure the boy is gyu jin's son. his first love seemed quite anxious about meeting him on the college campus. perhaps she wanted to tell him about the baby then but he fell in love with na hee and she decided to raise the baby alone. 

8 hours ago, O said:

Some people look attractive when you first see them. They become more and more unattractive the longer you know\see them.   Some people look very plain when you first meet them.  Then become more and  more attractive as their inner beauty shines through.  DH is like this.  She doesn't need the makeup and clothes to look attractive.

I like this drama.  A lot of good actors.  Currently watching because of DH - would like to see her role expand and the inner strength and beauty shine more.  

Also watching because of  GH and NH.  If this couple could only learn how to communicate.  I think from past scenes, NH was not always so rigid and cold.  It may  be her defense mechanism because I am sure she also feels guilty.  GH always assured her he does not blame her for the miscarriage but in a  moment of anger,  he screamed that it was her fault that they lost the baby.  So he too just like NH, cannot communicate honestly.  Many times he was about to reach out to her, then was interrupted and the moment passed.  So NH thinks he doesn't care.  They care for each other and will find their way back together.  Just going to be painful to watch them struggle.  I guess his annoying first love will help to move things along.  

Totally agree with you. Da hee is such a sweetheart. Day by day I find her more pretty. And yeah NH and Gyu Jin are still in love .It is just the communication issue along with GJ' s possessive mother. The epilogue at the end of episode 9 was really great and the ending scene made my heart flutter. GJ still cares for her. LMJ has great chemistry with her on-screen partner. They really give me actual married couple vibes.. But I know LMJ is married in real life so I better ship them in the drama only..:phew:

PS: I don't think Si Hoo is Gyu Jin's son because Bo young was like an one sided crush to him. Also when Jae Suk first met Bo young, he was about to spill the beans by saying Gyu jin talked about her all day long and it was 

like his first love. Gyu Jin then closed his mouth and didn't let him complete the sentence. That means even Bo young didn't know of her being his first love. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, heartslined said:

now that her sister knows, i hope gyu jin and na hee's divorce will be discovered by the parents soon. the plot needs to move faster, i don't want any more fakeouts. 

also i'm pretty sure the boy is gyu jin's son. his first love seemed quite anxious about meeting him on the college campus. perhaps she wanted to tell him about the baby then but he fell in love with na hee and she decided to raise the baby alone. 

I don't think its GJ son. She probably wait for GJ at church just to confess her feelings for him or she want to get some help from him. 

I have this sudden thought.. I feel like NH going to get pregnant soon. 

Anyone know where I can watch raw video without sub for tonight ep? :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 1

It feels like When the Camellia Blooms 2.0 with the bar hostess running the snack shop.:lol: Also Dong Baek's mom is acting in this drama too. 

It's like a Austen's Emma situation with the BIL and SIL budding romance.. she's the same from 7 First Kisses right? She's too adorable. KBS family dramas normally have favorable response although all offer nothin' new plot-wise. It mostly relies on strength of cast.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Loropetalum said:

I have this sudden thought.. I feel like NH going to get pregnant soon. 

I want it too but don't think its gonna be so soon unless they patch up. Or other possibility could be them being drunk  heavily and later on NH  getting pregnant.

3 hours ago, tanpatura_stv said:

If the kid did turn out to be GH son i am going to root her with the new dude

Can anyone tell me why GH mother got upset when she found that NH's mom also received  the hair clip

I read a comment somewhere that weekend dramas like this don't usually go that route since this is a family drama. So the chances of the son being GH's is not plausible. I don't usually watch weekend dramas so this might be true :)

15 hours ago, O said:

Some people look attractive when you first see them. They become more and more unattractive the longer you know\see them.   Some people look very plain when you first meet them.  Then become more and  more attractive as their inner beauty shines through.  

Wow! I have always thought this but I have never met anyone who thought the same thing. I completely agree. I have noticed this in many cases for people I thought were beautiful and so on. Anyway, Da Hee is probably my favorite sister at the moment.

• Like 3

On 4/25/2020 at 12:17 PM, Fabbo said:

Yeah i would have thought so as well. Or at least frowned upon.

I did a little searching and stumbled upon this article which is about that question. https://thegrandnarrative.com/2010/03/23/korean-families-marriage/

An interesting sidenote:

[...]

Until as late as 2005, Article 809 of the Korean Civil Code prohibited marriage between those of the same ancestral, regional clan (or local subgroup of Lees, Parks, or Kims and so on), of which the largest had over 4 million members. Or in short, somewhere between 8-15% of the Korean population were literally forbidden to marry each other, with even the children of any de-facto unions discriminated against also because their out-of-wedlock status prohibited them from receiving national health insurance, let alone complicating inheritance and property rights.

[...]

The sidenote is actually about people who have the same last name and are from the same clan.

So many Korean people have the same last name: Lee, Kim, and Park are the most common. But they are not all from the same *clan* or subgroups.

For example, if you're a Jeonju Lee, you are a Lee from the Jeonju clan (descendant of the royal family) so you would have been forbidden to marry another Jeonju Lee. But you would not be prevented from marrying a Lee from another clan. (The last name Lee has over 30 clans.)

Korean people often introduce themselves by saying which clan they are from, in addition to saying their name.

This is a different issue from "double in-laws" which was not forbidden by law at all, at any point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can totally relate to Ga Hee struggling with the guy for the designer purse she was forced to sell. :lol: However, I don’t understand why she doesn’t go look a job. I can’t stand seeing grown kids shamelessly living off their parents. And the parents seem to work long hours too as small businesses like those normally do. Don’t these kids feel for their older parents? Wow!

Well, the cat’s out of the bag. I hope those siblings don’t try to harm Gyu Jin. He agreed to the divorce when their sister asked for it. In any case, I noticed Na Hee and Gyu Jin constantly repeat the same pattern of issues. Take for instance he stayed late to take her home. Instead of telling her he’s waiting, she doesn’t know and misunderstands him and he keeps quiet about it. It’s the same pattern that happened with the missed interview. They seriously need to communicate although I suppose that’s beyond the point now that they’re really divorced.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

The sidenote is actually about people who have the same last name and are from the same clan.

Yeah i know that's why i said sidenote. I just found it interesting.

Fun episode. The troublemaker couple is getting a bit too much for me. I really like the oldest sister but i want them to let her do something. And by that i don't simply mean getting thrown into a loveline (of course i like that later on as well)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fabbo said:

Yeah i know that's why i said sidenote. I just found it interesting.

Fun episode. The troublemaker couple is getting a bit too much for me. I really like the oldest sister but i want them to let her do something. And by that i don't simply mean getting thrown into a loveline (of course i like that later on as well)

Oh, sorry about that.

I guess I was reacting to what I thought was a knee-jerk assumption that Korean people "frown" on things without any kind of rationale behind it. That Da-Hee marrying Jae-Seok would be scandalous because they are in-laws.

I do think there will be opposition to the marriage at first because Jae-Seok mother is stuck up and regards Da-Hee's family as beneath her or something. But I don't think the "double-in-law" issue is going to be the problem.

--

Observation for those who watched "Father is Strange" (very similar to this drama in many ways, with same PD)

So in that show, they had a second generation chaebol son who had a falling out with his father, and was secretly living in a storage room at the soccer school that he worked at during the day, because he couldn't afford his own place.

So this delivery boy who sneaks into the chicken restaurant at night... anyway, yeah. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1