[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

Ok the last episode was a bit more bland for me.

Ok so they did meet at the wedding and just didn't recognize each other. I am glad that got cleared up.. it kinda bugged me : D 

I found it pretty crazy that they would just give the brother (in law) so much money. He doesn't even have a plan and from all we know he is the last person anyone should give money to.

A little sidenote. It's interesting to watch his ex wife. Her body language and behavior. That doesn't mean she hates him or anything. It's a defense mechanism. She wants to draw a clear line for him but also for herself. Because she might get tempted but knows it's for the better this way.

Na Hee came to realize a bit in this episode that she has some family obligations as well and that Gyu jin always plays the good son in law. A little recognition would help going forward. And also if you compare the two attitudes towards their families in law. 

But Na Hee's mom also doesn't barge into their apartment unannounced everytime they have sex... They did a good job by including all those comments about his mom at the family dinner though. Shows that it's not all fun for him there either. And Na Hee noticed that moment as well.

• Like 2

watched the first two episodes and I can see why the thread is quiet. :sweatingbullets:.. first, it was both jarring and amusing that pretty much the entire family is played by actors who have been negative or villain characters in other dramas. :lol: this feels like a drama that you watch half asleep and there isn't much to comment. I was trying to figure out why I felt that way and all I could think was it lacked warmth. it feels like broad caricatures that we miss that the drama is covering some real issues and feelings that are actually quite relevant.

so the issues:

~ how do aged parents feel about their adult children divorcing? how does that change the family's social and economic structure? we keep seeing the dad as a miser but we don't see why. what is he worried about? why is he pushing his children to pay for their bills? is he worried that they will freeload and lose their motivation for life? is he worried that they won't be able to regain their footing if he doesn't push them to contribute? the mom is really embarrassed that her kids are divorced. does she feel that others will see her as a failed parent? is she sad that they are not able to succeed in their interpersonal relationships? does she feel that maybe their parenting style was insufficient? or does she just see it as bad fate?

~ the first son: how does financial pressures impact a marriage and divorce? the ex-wife said something interesting -- that what she fell in love with, she hated later. and her overwhelming feeling after divorce is the relief that she no longer has to hate and resent him. so what does that say about relationships?

~ the second daughter: she sees divorce as just a part of life. how do parents co-parent when the divorce was kind of ugly and there's lack on trust? how do you restart your life as a single parent?

~ the doctor daughter: how does a miscarriage impact a marriage? she is incredibly rigid to the point of annoying and doesn't hear him. how does it impact when you are not able to talk to each other?

~ the travel agent daughter: the guy married her because he thought it would be best to marry a dim-witted girl. what does that mean about changing societal attitudes -- where you want someone who is compatible with us but you don't think that is a good fit for a long marriage and so choose someone below in education level that you can control -- this is very old fashioned kind of marriage model. so we see old and new thinking clash and create a mess.

so there's lots to comment on but it is not something that strikes you immediately. while watching, these social issues are not obvious and that is a handicap because the drama feels kind of flaky. so you watch but you can't think of a single response to the episode. I only thought of them because I was trying to figure why the drama felt flat. it is possible that as episodes roll, we will see more exploration of these issues in a more warm manner but the first two episodes were okayish, neither good nor bad. kind of swamped with work and not sure if I can catch up. if I do, will try and post some reactions so the thread doesn't feel lonely for those who are watching.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

37 minutes ago, rukizie said:

i just only watched the clip. Did the husband’s doctor know about the miscarriage ? 

Yes and he blames the wife for it. During her pregnancy, she spent all night preparing for some presentation and neglecting her health. The husband said she was reckless. Ever since the miscarriage, their marriage has been strained.

• Like 1

at first im just curious with this drama , what is all about? im loving the whole family specially the 4 siblings and the part they went for revenge for their youngest dongseng.

Also the 2nd brother in law.s brother is kinda interesting, i believe this JS will eventually for fall DH. i hope to see more of them.:wub:

• Like 1

@Lmangla  welcome here to the thread

the drama is simply hilarious. I don't mind watching actors playing villains change into good people. This shows the talent of the actors/actresses. I like the mother, she is so funny. The daughters are also so funny. I already like the doctors couple. The daughter is just so comic :D  Her interactions with her husband are priceless, esp when she threw the clothes from the balcony, and when they fought for the elevator and he sticks his tongue out like a child 

• Like 4

I have to say i am a bit disappointed with Da-Hee's storyline. They actually gave a lot of attention to her character in the first episodes. Show how she gets mistreated by everyone. Then she breaks off the engagement, quits her job and makes a new start. I want to see and feel a little bit of that. Her attending classes etc. But all we get is her at her part time job and the tension with Jae-Seok. Her story of emanzipation gets reduced to a loveline. Wow.

I guess we have Ga-Hee paired up with the hot valet driver?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, the girl who! said:

I can hear the image "Jae seok aa, Jaeseokaa..~~" ahah

3 hours ago, hell59 said:

The doctor's first love's son is probably his. That will be a huge conflict!

That would be so sad for nahee, considering she lost her child.. But probably be a good rating bringer storywise.. 

I am so curious about choyeon ahjumma, what is her true story and what will happen? I loved the actress in parasite and when camellia blooms, she is choosing her projects carefully with deep characters, so i believe there is more to her appearance. Plus i love chun hojin.

Overall i like this show much more than its previous slot drama (blwl ) so i hope this continues.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

Enjoyable episode today. I liked the plot with Ga-hee and that we had some progress. And i think she is just studying by herself for the transfer exam at this point? 

I wish the plot with the first sister gets going soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hell59 said:

The little boy said he doesn't have a father and seeing more or less how old he is, it is very possible.

It seems to me that GJ only had a crush on his first love and wasn’t actually dating her. How then is he all of a sudden a possible dad to her son? Was there some hint in the episodes this weekend that I missed?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

It seems to me that GJ only had a crush on his first love and wasn’t actually dating her. How then is he all of a sudden a possible dad to her son? Was there some hint in the episodes this weekend that I missed?

I don't think he's the father. Especially since it's a woman he knew from church. That would be doubly scandalous. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1