[Drama 2020] Once Again, 한번다녀왔습니다

0ly40

@rolisrntex, I’m in total agreement about the ex-wife.  She is too “holier-than-thou” for me.  I hope she gets put in her place soon, even if it’s by the oldest daughter or mother-in-law.  SJ was just being a 5 or 6-year-old kid and trying to imitate her dad.  The person who was supposedly watching her walked away.  I’m not sure, but it appears that she is somewhere on the autism spectrum.  

• Like 8

Interesting preview. Let me get this out of the way first. We don't let anyone yell like this in the hospital. I couldn't understand because the actress was screeching and its late at night. It would wake my family up if I repeated it.

I am posting because the couple look made me laugh. So obvious and cheesy yet so satisfying to watch. What are the age differences between the characters anyway? Vs the real life differences? Its just that the actress does look older which is totally fine but its that the actress has the wrong shade of hair dye and her hairstyle which ages her. The stylist is purposely making her look so old. We have seen plenty of age May-Nov couples before. Look at the styling for NH and her? And the real age differences between LMJ and her. I wish the writer will stop the stereotyping and make her a hot looking ex- airline stewardess and glamorous sales assistant.

I did google the age and height differences. 14 years and only about 6 inches. Why then does he look so much taller? 6 1" is tall but not that tall looking. He does have broad shoulders though. I just feel an urge to see a glamour girl look on her and a young spunk look from him. And on Googling since it doesn't mean the same in other countries I mean it the way Aussies use the phrase.

• Like 4

@ck1Oz You are right.  The hair/wardrobe drama people do make her look older than she needs to be. It appears like she doesn't want attention. Is she really that tall? The guy on the other hand does look tall, especially standing next to his roommates. And he makes a suit look good.  

It looks like DH new love interest knows that  she and Jae Suk are hiding their relationship from their families. And he plans to use it to his advantage or he'll do something just for laughs.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@rolisrntex @calledtoteach We never were told of Seo Jin’s condition. She is a sweet child but definitely makes sense she jumped not to be naughty but mimic dad. Also when her sis left her to sit alone and she went to wait to get Got7 cd, she lost her. Luckily CY found her but is was a scary moment. She needs a bit more care as she doesn’t speak.  I am kind of upset with JS ex too. He is not perfect but he is a great father.  

@dramaninja GJ and NH do have lots to talk about and that discussion is needed too I agree. She did mention or touch upon it when wanting to divorce GJ.

I havent seem the latest episode but waiting for subs.

- preview SF9 Chani knows that DH and JS are sadon in VO and both see JS and mom together. The patient screaming is not good.

-JS happy in cab that DH was sweet to his mom treating dinner and present. He was proud of her and missing her. Scanning friends IG realizing one dongseng is a guy not a gal . So goes to where the bday party is at, Chani character definitely likes DH Nuna. He wasn’t thrilled to hear DH has a bf.

@brooksmom @ck1Oz Def agree styling GH could get better , but I don’t think it’s heinous  yet. HS looks good in the preview clip. So today’s episode GH told off manager and somehow her entry   is now a photo shoot to rep that store contest in the chain ?? Yes I hope it’s true!!

• Like 6

Lee Sang Yeob as Gyujin is just so endearing. I look forward to all his scenes coz he's such a good actor, and he has great chemistry with LMJ. But I think their characters need to work in different hospitals so they'll miss each other. :heart: 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, dubuqueen said:

I know that not everything can be well balanced in a relationship and that sometimes one partner has to support more than the other but I think that DH is taking all the sweet gestures of her boyfriend a little for granted. I would like it if she showed a little more appreciation (if you know what I mean. Hint: her blocked attempt in the latest episode).

JS pursued her knowing that he is older, financially secure with a stable career while she is younger and going back to college. I'm not sure if she is pursuing a graduate degree or if she is completing her bachelor's degree. But yeah, I think he went in knowing that he would have to be the more giving one in the relationship. I don't think DH has to kiss JS if she doesn't want to, but it is a little inconsistent writing that a few episodes ago she was ready to spend the night at his apartment and now she doesn't even want to kiss him. But I guess people have the right to change their minds...

• Like 3

I am not a fan of the aunt but I think the aunt and the butcher have done nothing wrong, and certainly do not owe the Dad's sister any explanation.  I read a comment that the butcher was cowardly in not informing the Dad's sister (sorry forgot the name) that he had a change of heart.  She rejected him twice and said she would never consider him.  It was for her to tell him she changed his mind.  For him to go and tell her, hey you were not interested in me but guess what, I found someone else - would have been so petty.  Then it turned out she was playing hard to get.  She explained her reasons and he too had his own reasons for choosing the aunt.  

The aunt caught him on the rebound.  I don't like her.  I like the sister much more but am glad he is not going to go change his mind.  The aunt made her move on the guy she liked and caught him!  And it was good of the aunt to ask the butcher if he wants to make a go with the sister, and to the sister she said she made a play for him not realising that the sister was actually interested.  Her estimation went up in my book.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@cuplik I think Nahee hasn't tried  hard to be close to her MIL. In first episode, her MIL bought her a dress and brought it to the hospital and she said she already had the similar outfit. I mean accepting it and saying thank u wouldn't hurt you. I will feel sad if someone do that to me. She always ignore her phone call, and yes the MIL has bad temper, so how will their relationship be good. If her MIL hate her thats not because she is OkBoon's daughter, but bcos she ignored her.

To be honest its very difficult to like Hyun Kyung and Nahee's character. They have to do self introspection. Their ex are not perfect, but they are not jerk (like Gahee's ex or Dahee's ex). Not only their ex should improve themselves, they also have to.

Jaesuk's expression every time his mother praised Dahee is so priceless. It is sad to see sadon couple in their busy schedule circumstance. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I am super sad for Joon Sun :bawling:

His story had been so sad thus far. I thought it was heading for a good end already and next moment BOOM it got worse! And I think seeing both their daughters make me cry the most. I really cannot hold it in because their teenage daughter is right. They keep making decisions without considering their feelings. And I really feel angry that HK can easily get so angry with JS without remembering the fact that she had lost her youngest daughter before too? Was she a perfect parent compared to JS? I know JS is wrong and she can say no to getting back together but she has no right to deny her daughter from seeing her dad. It was also so sad that JS had to be so cold to their daughter because of HK. JS is really trying his best. HK has had her fair share of juggling work and kids so she should have understood how hard it was for JS when he was threatened by his director. She should also reflect on herself as to why JS did not dare to contact her when he needed to go for a shoot. It clearly shows a communication breakdown. JS had always been fearful of HK's rejection. How can he be openly communicating his concerns? Sigh, I guess I can only keep my mind on the bright side and hope this serves as a good lesson on life to both of them.

I can't help but super love Moon Woo Jin even more now after seeing his acting in It's Okay Not to Be Okay. He is such a good kid actor and I hope we see more of his scenes in Once Again. When JH hugged GH I felt like crying too because as much as GH was comforted by JH's words, it feels that JH was burdened with worries for her mom's happiness. Both JH and HS is absolute sweethearts to GH. Both of them being so supportive to GH. I hope HS can also work harder with JS to earn enough to support GH in her business venture. That would make tables turned and show her that he isn't just some cute faced dongsaeng. He is the man behind her success. Supporting her physically, emotionally and financially. And I die everytime HS gives this bashful smile when he is about to see GH or when he is actually there with GH. The preview of next week's episode when he held her shoulder is just omgggg.

I feel like I want to shake NH to her senses. Why is she so dense to her own feelings? Why would she say that she brought him porridge as a colleague? There is no other colleague thinking about GJ when he took a sick leave for goodness sake! Sigh. And if going to the US was her dream, I think she should have known clearly why she was hesitating at this point right? Achieving her dream together with her boyfriend. Sounds too ideal to pass on! How could she be so in denial to herself? She's obviously concerned when she sees GJ looking like a wreck. She's even so concerned when GJ's patient is in the ER. Wake up Na Hee! GJ is not the only one not over with his feelings!!! And it appears that GJ will run into some trouble ahead with the kid patient and his mom. He clearly told her that the kid is not in good condition and should be observed. His nurse was there to witness it! The mom is the one who is at fault and too caught up with his academics to care for his health. I hope GJ won't lose his job because of this :bawling: I can't bear to see GJ suffer anymoreeee please writers, give him some happy moments pleaseeeee.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

i think there is something about GJ past that makes him fumble? to be undecided many times...

it has been shown in the past episodes when he hesitated to NH's rescue after rushing thru staircase which Director notably rushed to NH aid becoming her 'savior'.

now when he grabbed NH's hand asking her to spare some time from the scene where NH and Director are going for RSVP dinner. why didnt GJ held NH's hand 'once again' when NH left together with the nurses?

he had many chance to tell NH what he is feeling, but i guess it is not yet time for GJ.
he needs to sort out his personality first. its like he is gauging first if NH still has feelings for her before diving in...

can i say GJ is coward?
ohhh but dont bash me please hehehe.. 

i am emotionally invested with GJ and NH.... 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, acidrain33 said:

i think there is something about GJ past that makes him fumble? to be undecided many times...

it has been shown in the past episodes when he hesitated to NH's rescue after rushing thru staircase which Director notably rushed to NH aid becoming her 'savior'.

now when he grabbed NH's hand asking her to spare some time from the scene where NH and Director are going for RSVP dinner. why didnt GJ held NH's hand 'once again' when NH left together with the nurses?

he had many chance to tell NH what he is feeling, but i guess it is not yet time for GJ.
he needs to sort out his personality first. its like he is gauging first if NH still has feelings for her before diving in...

can i say GJ is coward?
ohhh but dont bash me please hehehe.. 

i am emotionally invested with GJ and NH.... 

I completely agree with your post!  I agree that GJ is acting cowardly and don't understand why.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mellow_mindeulle said:

@cuplik I think Nahee hasn't tried  hard to be close to her MIL. In first episode, her MIL bought her a dress and brought it to the hospital and she said she already had the similar outfit. I mean accepting it and saying thank u wouldn't hurt you. I will feel sad if someone do that to me. She always ignore her phone call, and yes the MIL has bad temper, so how will their relationship be good. If her MIL hate her thats not because she is OkBoon's daughter, but bcos she ignored her.

To be honest its very difficult to like Hyun Kyung and Nahee's character. They have to do self introspection. Their ex are not perfect, but they are not jerk (like Gahee's ex or Dahee's ex). Not only their ex should improve themselves, they also have to.

Jaesuk's expression every time his mother praised Dahee is so priceless. It is sad to see sadon couple in their busy schedule circumstance. 

It's mutual. If you have a mother in law who has access to your apartment and has the habit of coming uninvited-- while being drunk--even late at night when you and your partner are about to getting intimate, I wonder what you will react to her "gift' --when she not only comes uninvited to your apartment, but also comes uninvited to where you work. It's natural to suspect that her gift is part of her scheme and her thoughtlessness.  In the flashback, the mother in law also intrudes their apartment--drunk of course-- when they were about to go to bed when they tried to cope with the loss of the child by making another baby. In the scene, the mother in law completely ignores NH and just addresses her own son. NH is invisible to her MIL. 

I have difficulties finding the clip on youtube. I will upload it to refresh everyone's memory.

I agree that NH is a not a likable character, especially compared to her two sisters. But then I find the way her mother in law intrudes their marriage life even more disagreeable and even repugnant. It verges on being abusive, and violating privacy judging from a modern Asian standard. Doesn't GJ himself challenge and accuse his own mother for his failed marriage?  Again, as a habit, GJ does not take actions until it is way too late. 

I am a devout supporter NH-GJ pairing mostly for the chemistry between LMJ and LSY. Yet, to be honest, If I were NH, I would have never married GJ in the first place precisely because of GJ's mother and the way GJ ALWAYS bows down to her mother's guilt trip. I am not a big fan of Mama's Boy. Being a female doctor in SK is a real big deal. Why should NH put up with all the BS from her mother-in-law? That alone shows that NH is really in love with GJ. Remember how the director says that he is surprised to find out NH married because she is so independent and a kind of loner? 

I am with @cuplik on this. Even if the director is not in the picture, the elephant in the room is still the mother-in-law and their lost child, as @dramaninja reminds us. I am tired of criticizing this writer who has spent WEEKS if not months regurgitating the cliches of jealousy. She even applies the same cliche to sadon couple....I guess she just runs out of any gimmicks. I mean, there is SO MUCH to write about between NH and GJ--the lost child, mother-in-law, career path and even their co-owned property. C'mon. NH owns half of the flat, which is worth a lot of money in Seoul. Yet, the writer completely forgot about all these . Sigh...  

Yes. The most upvoted comment I read in Korean website also said a similar thing as  @acidrain33 .....the comment says that why GJ always holds back without telling NH directly what's in his mind? I mean why on earthy does he tell the director the truth while holding back in front of NH? GOSH!!  I actually don't think that NH has any clues that GJ still likes her. When she questions why GJ avoids her these days, she  says "I thought I did something again to irritate you." I am heartbroken when hearing this. Don't forget that GJ also gangs up with his colleagues to ostracize her in the past. Or to say the least, he is a bystander and he does not try to intervene to stop the malicious rumors from circulating. All he did was to criticize NH's personality. I get it. NH has problems, but it doesn't mean that it is justifiable to exclude or ostracize her. Compared to the director who from the get-go knows how to defend her timely even in the elevator, GJ did not defend NH until they were separate from each other for good. All things considered, the director puts GJ to utter shame. The director appreciates NH for who and what she is. That's why she has smiles these days. 

If they  can really work on their relationship/communication issues, then I fully support their reunion. At this point, I don't see any problem of NH coming to NYC--although it won't happen because it is kdrama. I don't have much confidence in the writer. I just hope that it's not another instance of Kdrama heroine blatantly and masochistically choosing someone who is obviously bad for them compared to the second lead. Doesn't her mother say she want someone who cares about her daughtesr? 

• Like 4

Hello Everyone!

Man after I watched the latest episode last night (now it is afternoon here for me -work day on Monday), I lost my internet. So I could not EVEN write anything here. :criesariver:

But happy to have a community to talk about this weekend drama. I am enjoying it alot. 

@capri2014 I am loving LSY too! I only saw him in Good Casting (just ended not long ago) and this drama. I knew of him but somehow did not see any of his previous works. I hoping he can HALT the pouty and sad puppy eyed faces /expessions from now on.

-The look of determination to talk to NH but then later not even tell her what he THOUGH (dang it). Then also tell JR he PLANNED to tell NH, his real feelings, just allowed JR to let him know about the NY opportunity. JR knew he hit a nerve and also said I know this is NOT fair play. JR really must have liked NH that long to REMEMBER her dream wish to study in USA and do research. Then led a cute flashback of our OTP with NH saying her dream and dragging GJ to study English as OF COURSE he MUST be with her if she were to be in NYC to study. (bittersweet but cute memory)

@letsgoa_s I agree with you, DH reactions with JS is very uneven. Why she going back and forth about withholding skinship/affection to JS? The blowing hot and cold and I agree with @dubuqueen. DH is getting so much patience and definitely not appreciating enough of JS.

I mean she just said in WORDS oh thanks for the expensive dinner (paying for Jiwon's bday dinner). I mean he was staking out to Jiwon that DH is HIS. Interesting when asking DH why she never mentioned GENDER of Jiwon (it is a gender neutral name can be either), interesting she was like I never said HE was a SHE. 

Spoiler

I know my Korean friends with language and in English always mess up HE/SHE alot. 

Once you say a name of someone,  you don't say HE/SHe usually name or how you call them title or something. 

Oppa/Dongseng and since DH is nuna she can call Jiwon name as he is younger and a dongseng)

But not to defend DH, she is going through stress and alot and overwhelmed. She is dealing with her struggles and thanks to JS giving great advice she is adjusting. But these new adjustments -being student rep (that is going to take dating time away) making friends (need time to hang out to build rapport) and this is time away from studying (which she ALREADY having issues). So this is going to cause probs later.

I did not understand DH promising to hang out with JS mom for dinner ===just CALL me. Uh hello dear, you are in school you are NOT that free with your time. No matter how good your intention don't set up unrealistic expectations, even if you are a people pleaser.

@fanofr I like CY and though I was not keen on the aunt and Butcher Yang, it is fine now. During their initial getting together I was thinking dang he changed quick. But you know, he put his all into CY. She did push her luck being doing mildang that backfired on her. When she realized that the Aunt and Butcher Yang were dating (seeing them dance and joke around) during practice she GOT the hint.

CY his pretty straight forward and NEVER went to ask Butcher Yang for reason why he stopped liking her or going over to her. She got the HINT when he did stop seeing her and avoiding her LIKE crazy. So when she talked to him (after seeing him with Aunt and to prevent weirdness as they are working together with YD for the Market Assocation), she said she was NO longer interested in him. So to clear the air . (Though he did NOT owe her an explanation about his secret dating the aunt, CY bless her heart released him of it and cleared the air.

I agree the AUNT redeemed herself for apologizing with Chicken and realizing that CY knew of her secret dating and DID not tell anyone. She could of, but she did not. So that made Aunt saying she cut in thinking CY was not interested and apologized. I mean all is fair in love and war. But the AUNT grew in my estimation as well by doing that (I was shocked to be honest.)  CY did say she did do unsuccessful mildang and DID Not hold it against the Aunt.  Why I want CY to be happy--- even without a partner but on HER OWN terms . I think the pain of no family bears strongly on her heart so knowing YD is her bro will bring her auto big family---I cannot wait to see her being welcomed into the family.

-The LEECH of a dongseng , Uggh cannot stomach her. Making rude and snide comments and really taking advantage of CY's kind and soft heart. The gall she was searching through CY stuff to SELL to pay her DEBT. WOW WOW.  

-Glad that OJ told the gossip market queens that it was all fine and good to go to CY bday party. She and CY were fine and there was NO issue. I am glad that OJ knows WHO CY is as a person and the Aunt too. So when it is found out she is YD long lost sis , it will be lovely and more meaningful

-GH and son---I love him. @fluffyloaf He is a great child actor. Since this drama, I have seem him show up in many other dramas. He is cute but acts so well. I am TOO enjoying him in IOTNBO as well. The fact he wisely told his mom he wants her to be happy. How he knew she was not able to be sleeping as she was restlessly tossing and turning (she falls asleep with no issues). I want to eat him up.

-Loved that HS was sweet to GH and noting she was NOT excited or happy about the manager offer and encouraged her to do what makes her happy. Then her son would be happy. The fact he checked himself before meeting her, funny how the other stunt team members were low key jealous as HS to them pretends to not be interested in women. LOL. When in fact he is, just you guys would never expect it to be GH. LOL (Looking forward to the previews of skinship between DH and HS for her online MALL.) 

-GH is so good. When HS tried to apologize for being rude to her, she did blow it off saying she forgot already. I loved she said that man looked like your dad? If you want to talk about why you left him, I want to know but tell me when you feel comfortable. It is not good to keep it all inside. (LOVE you GH). She also helped that colleague who repaid her back and added double interest.  So shows GH is a big heart and helps others NOT just in words. Very much like her dad YD.  The fact the old friend doing well shopping mall and encouragement from her as the trendsetter is DEF something GH should do . 

@Katsuragi Bingo about NH and MIL, NH is not an easy person but MIL did stuff that was not kosher either. I remember all those incidents. It is EASIER for DH to like MIL. First though they are BOTH different temperaments and personalities NH and DH. But also DH is not married to JS and MIL doesn't know that JS is dating DH. This will DEFINITELY change their dynamics for sure.  But MIL has seen DH be agreeable, hard worker, not the brightest bulb like her sis, but she has her way to touch your heart. I did like she was telling JS to be nice to his mom and talk to her as she is lonely. (Note the mom doesn't drink and go drunk bothering her sons anymore?)

@Mellow_mindeulle  I agree about HK and NH need to think about stuff. But HK is just thinking of family and surviving. She is prob fed up of all the disappointments and prob due to stresses (we don't know about?) lashing out on JS. Rots to be him. Will she get the chance to do look into herself, it is a LUXURY. Something has to give for her to really take stock. I hope nothing too bad.

@dramaninja My heart pains for NH having to deal with a rough MIL coming in and out as she pleases. Treating her as she is invisible (not like NH is blame free) but GJ just confessing still liking NH is NOT enough. The lack of growth or understanding on in-laws with each other and the OTP. (Need def time apart for the two for sure.)

Yes @Katsuragi brought up all I have issues with GJ and NH getting back together now is TRUE and 100% in agreement. But how will the Kdrama writers deal. With the number of episodes left I don't see NH going to NYC. But GJ should leave and go to the countryside though! The OTP need time apart.

NH when prompted and made aware is a good person. Like when GJ told her to be more flexible and LESS strict (on money and paying /owing others) when dealing with JR. She did. She asked him to buy her a bracelet (not something NH would do usually as she always about 50/50 and doing your share). She was learning about being more accommodating. So NH is reasonable, not perfect but reasonable.

@acidrain33  I agree about the comments GJ stop your nonsense and non communcative suffering in holding in your true feelings towards NH have not changed. I now you are a people pleaser and want everyone to be happy (why they divorced one reason is to BE happy) But saying how you feel is not bad either. All about how you say it.

Ok back to work now. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I watch again the recent 2 episodes and realise that NH hasn't once asked GJ about BY. She isn't curious or threatened by his newfound relationship anymore. That, and what she said by the swing at the playground how happy and comfortable her life now, to me she has completely moved on. Her concern merely as a colleague and when she thought she might irritate GJ, she really meant to say that she's now so over him. GJ too tried his very best to let her go, and get past but he is still strongly bound by his love or regretful, yet he knew too well he's unable to provide hope, dream and happiness for NH. He kept dropping subtle hints and she seemed flustered somehow, but I hope NH won't be easily swayed. Indeed they have issue, lots of issues that set them apart. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, emerald ox said:

I watch again the recent 2 episodes and realise that NH hasn't once asked GJ about BY. She isn't curious or threatened by his newfound relationship anymore. That, and what she said by the swing at the playground how happy and comfortable her life now, to me she has completely moved on. Her concern merely as a colleague and when she thought she might irritate GJ, she really meant to say that she's now so over him. GJ too tried his very best to let her go, and get past but he is still strongly bound by his love or regretful, yet he knew too well he's unable to provide hope, dream and happiness for NH. He kept dropping subtle hints and she seemed flustered somehow, but I hope NH won't be easily swayed. Indeed they have issue, lots of issues that set them apart. 

I love the conversation in the playground. NH is at first caught by surprise when GJ asks her whether she is happy. Note that NH's reply does not include any reference to JR. She says that her life is very peaceful now. She talks about mundane details after moving back to her mother's house, like buying a watermelon home and then all of them will chitchat over something insignificant.  But then again, GJ just gets up and leaves like that, without even trying to help her carry the melon. Sigh.... If it were JR, he would have definitely picked up the melon for NH. It's kind of ironic that GJ keeps telling NH to change her personality, but he himself doesn't change himself at all. How many times in the past did he make NH go home alone without giving her rides even when she obviously needs help?  

@Nodame  I wouldn't compare MIL's relationship with DH with her relationship with NH, because the mother is far more dependent/instrusive on GJ, the older son. GJ shoulders all the burden back in SK while JS escapes to Turkey. 

It's so painful to see GJ give love advice to NH, not only because GJ is still clearly in love with NH. I mean does NH really need to ask another guy to buy her a bracelet?  What an archaic idea and it just doesn't come naturally for her. She is acting like a good student following the directive from her ex-husband. LOL. For me, being flexible about payment does not make her more or less reasonable or accommodating.  From the flashback, we also know that NH can be a good wife by tending GJ while he's sick.  So she can be reasonable and very loving.  What's really changing NH now, at least from what I see from such a limited screen time of GJ and NH,  Is not these love tips from GJ, but having "normal" conversations with JR, GJ or JS, and being at home with her family. She is no longer stressed out about her marriage, her pregnancy, her in-law, which is a good thing. 

@emerald ox You may be right. She doesn't even ask GJ about the porridge directly. She is not even curious about his relationship with BY.  While she definitely sees GJ as someone more than a colleague, their interaction feel like good friends or family-- at least for now. I have some friends who actually have great relationships with their ex-wife or ex-husband. So maybe the writer will surprise us by giving a mature development for both?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

On 7/5/2020 at 7:18 AM, emerald ox said:

I secretly wish this too. What NH told GJ at the bakery shop as why divorce is an ideal solution resonate powerfully, she made it very clear that love aren't enough, things have broken apart and it was too late to mend. Let's hope for some progress for their happiness, either as an individual or better yet as a strong couple.

I just rewatched ep 5 again for this. NH laid out all the reasons very clearly and logically. GJ told her she's too cold, too strong headed, he feels like living next to a bomb that can explode at anytime. So why is he missing that now? NH also specifically said his mom as one of the reason for divorce.  None has been adressed.

On 7/5/2020 at 8:20 AM, emerald ox said:

Lots kdrama do this but it appears to me this particular drama captures day to day events across different age and characters. If GJ-NH have time jump, so do others. Or GJ-NH scenes might as well disappear after moving to NY/countryside and revive say ep 99 or 100? It seems like the writers wrote life events and how people face them (instance, poor NH's brother, what he's going through now hurts), so I'm looking forward to see how GJ-NH's story unfold

Like you said, they'll probably agree to try it again and get together on ep 98-99 after other story lines get wrapped up. Then do the time jump 1 year later when they show somehow NH- ex MIL gets along nicely,  both families approves, NG-GJ miraculously solve all their communication issues and all happy happy and GJ proposes to NH again. If it ends like, I'll be seriously pulling my hair and will stay away from any long dramas. I get too invested and can't take BS like this.

15 hours ago, Mellow_mindeulle said:

Oh I agree. I said NH doesn't even want to try to get closer to her ex MIL. But like Katsuragi said, NH is not the typical weak FL that is meek and okay to be abused. So why she has to keep trying? At some point it is only right she stops. Has the MiL tried to be nicer? This should be a 2-way street. I don't get it, NH might not be from rich family but doctor profession is still highly respected and can be bragged about. Why doesn't she like NH? Is it from the beginning before marriage or after? 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Katsuragi said:

I have difficulties finding the clip on youtube. I will upload it to refresh everyone's memory.

I agree that NH is a not a likable character, especially compared to her two sisters. But then I find the way her mother in law intrudes their marriage life even more disagreeable and even repugnant. It verges on being abusive, and violating privacy judging from a modern Asian standard. Doesn't GJ himself challenge and accuse his own mother for his failed marriage?  Again, as a habit, GJ does not take actions until it is way too late. 

I am a devout supporter NH-GJ pairing mostly for the chemistry between LMJ and LSY. Yet, to be honest, If I were NH, I would have never married GJ in the first place precisely because of GJ's mother and the way GJ ALWAYS bows down to her mother's guilt trip. I am not a big fan of Mama's Boy. Being a female doctor in SK is a real big deal. Why should NH put up with all the BS from her mother-in-law? That alone shows that NH is really in love with GJ. Remember how the director says that he is surprised to find out NH married because she is so independent and a kind of loner? 

I am with @cuplik on this. Even if the director is not in the picture, the elephant in the room is still the mother-in-law and their lost child, as @dramaninja reminds us. I am tired of criticizing this writer who has spent WEEKS if not months regurgitating the cliches of jealousy. She even applies the same cliche to sadon couple....I guess she just runs out of any gimmicks. I mean, there is SO MUCH to write about between NH and GJ--the lost child, mother-in-law, career path and even their co-owned property. C'mon. NH owns half of the flat, which is worth a lot of money in Seoul. Yet, the writer completely forgot about all these . Sigh...  

If they  can really work on their relationship/communication issues, then I fully support their reunion. At this point, I don't see any problem of NH coming to NYC--although it won't happen because it is kdrama. I don't have much confidence in the writer. I just hope that it's not another instance of Kdrama heroine blatantly and masochistically choosing someone who is obviously bad for them compared to the second lead. Doesn't her mother say she want someone who cares about her daughtesr? 

I agree with you and funny enough I remember all those episodes you were talking about. Funny now that both sons live together, she seems not coming as often, shouldn't it be the opposite? And why is it in Korea (or at least in dramaland) the parents has to know the door passcode? Why they can't just change it?

I also just thought what happened to the plan to sell the apartment? Is it on hold because prices are currently bad?

GJ also hasn't changed anything since the divorce. Same hospital, same house, same car, same environment that always reminded him about his marriage life and NH. NH at least moved out back to her family home. Also has the sunbae to distract her. It's reminded me when I just graduated from high school and had few months off before going to US. Almost every week I went back to my old high school, either just to hangout or meet up. Even when I came home on vacation a year later, I would still went back to visit the old school. Took time for me to cut the umbilical cord of not going visit again. It's almost the case for GJ, the attachment is there, maybe it is real love or maybe he is just confused. He needs to move somewhere for a bit or get real love interest to distract him. His confusion and back-forth will also make NH confused again & wavers, then we will have a repeat story.

If the writer is consistent with NH's character, she should go to NY. Even if things don't work out with sunbae (she can't love him), at least she should chase her dream. For someone that prioritize work over resting for baby (intentional or not), it would be illogical for someone as smart and ambitious as NH to refuse this opportunity, unless her family objects. Also, why is her mom hasn't bugged her more about the sunbae? She should be prodding NH and inviting sunbae to family dinner by now (instead of that stupid jealousy arc). Same with JS' mom, why she stopped matchmaking JS now? Was the last one is only a plot to make DH realized her feeling?

I really want to see more of the beginning of NG-GJ relationship, what made them fall in love with each other with that big of personality differences? NH is so strong & logical while GJ is so whiny/grumpy & can't make up his mind & cowardly. Was NH really that bad of an outcast during school days she accepted the first person to be nice to her?

• Like 9