tvN Drama

Psychopath Diary  싸이코패스 다이어리

9B3Q8MOY428FYN61LSD4.jpg

Broadcast station: tvN

Genre: Mystery, Crime

Episodes: 16

Release date: November 20th, 2019 - January 9th, 2020

Airing time: Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST

Director: Lee Jong Jae (100 Days My Prince)

Writer: Ryu Yong Jae (Liar Game, Pied Piper)

SYNOPSIS

“Psychopath Diary” is about a man named Yook Dong Shik, who coincidentally witnesses a murder and loses his memory after an accident that occurs while fleeing the scene. He wakes up with no sense of identity and mistakes himself as the killer when he finds the murderer’s diary in his hands.

Yoon Shi Yoon will play Yook Dong Shik, who works at a stock company and is the world’s biggest pushover. Although initially a man with a weak personality, after discovering the murderer’s diary and perceiving himself to be a predator, Yook Dong Shik begins to change.

Jung In Sun will play Shim Bo Kyung, a patrol officer who lives solely in the present. Although she followed in the footsteps of her respected detective father and became a police officer herself, after seeing him lose everything with one mistake, she decides to forget her dreams and only live for the moment. She coincidentally gets tied up with Yook Dong Shik when she hits him with her car and causes him to lose his memory. She plans to catch the real serial killer using his abilities.

Seo In Woo, the real murderer, will be played by Park Sung Hoon. Seo In Woo is a cruel and meticulous character who happens to be the director of the stock company Yook Dong Shik works at. He is a psychopath who satiates his thirst to dominate over others by killing people, but he finds himself in danger once his diary falls into the hands of Yook Dong Shik.

Cast

Yoon Shi Yoon as Yook Dong Shik

f132170511004248000(0).png

Jung In Sun as Shim BoKyung

f132170528898228000(0).png

Park Sung Hoon as Seo InWoo

f132170533206948000(0).png

Other Posters

Spoiler

Z4KJYC1BVA67B8B3UM75_1024x0.jpg

9DNOGLWCURZ9X28RNJW5_1024x0.jpg

E9CINYB6IFUDKSH2RDBT_1024x0.jpg

E8GF718B52UEOHOE6PLO_1024x0.jpg

Teaser

.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ktcjdrama @nrllee I’m just happy to see Jung In Sun after Terius. Probably one of my favourite actresses of her generation. 

This looks like a good role for her , from ahjumma spy to a cop! I hope for some humour & a bit of romance :D 

@triplem Initially I thought synopsis sounded like black comedy.  And when Jung InSun was cast I thought with her roles in Waikiki and Terius, chances are this would be comedic too.   But this writer tends to pen thrillers/mysteries.  And he does it well.  So it may not be humorous at all.  We’ll see.  Jung InSun was very good in Mirror of the Witch (which YSY starred in as well).  And the character she played there was not at all comedic but she was brilliant nonetheless.  She’s versatile so I think she will do well whatever role is given to her.  I have high hopes for this.  Coming off NokDu Flower where he (YSY) played a weak willed but layered character with a violent end, I am looking forward to a darker YSY here too. A nice change. 

@nrllee Woooo.. you know my fav genre. I love those crime action mystery thriller pyscho dramas.  Thanks for the thread!

@triplem uh oh...Park Sung Hoon playing pyschopath again.. he's already a pyscho bad guy in Justice  which  imy current fav drama). Looking forward to this one.

'Psychopath Diary' Yoon Si-yoon X Jung In-sun X Park Sung-hoon, confirmed appearance (official)

[REPORT BY LEE GEON-HEE]

2019080808033836639_1.jpg
(from left) Yoon Si-yoon, Jung In-sun, Park Sung-hoon (Moa Entertainment, C-JeS, BH Entertainment)

Actors Yoon Si-yoon, Jung In-sun, and Park Sung-hoon confirmed their casting in 'Psychopath Diary'.

Yoon, Jung and Park will star in tvN's new Wednsday-Thursday drama 'Psychopath Diary' (directed by Lee Jong-jae; written by Ryu Yong-jae, Kim Hwan-chae, and Choi Sung-joon; produced by Studio Dragon, KEYEAST) which is a tale of a man who lost his memory by accident while running away from a murder scene. Yook Dong-sik (Yoon) lost his memories, but his story about a diary that records a psychopath's murder process that he was holding in his hand will be told.

More: http://www.sportalkorea.com/butterfly/view.php?gisa_uniq=2019080808033836639

On 8/9/2019 at 12:57 AM, jongski said:

uh oh...Park Sung Hoon playing pyschopath again.. he's already a pyscho bad guy in Justice  which  imy current fav drama). Looking forward to this one.

He’s doing great  in Justice. I’m actually creeped out by his character there.  I hope he doesn’t get typecast , but oh well we can be assured he will be perfect for this role here. 

————-

Reading the synopsis, so it seems YSY’s character will “perceive himself to be a predator “ . What does that mean ? So is it because of his amnesia he thinks he’s the murderer ? 

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Reading the synopsis, so it seems YSY’s character will “perceive himself to be a predator “ . What does that mean ? So is it because of his amnesia he thinks he’s the murderer ? 

Yup.  So he’s this downtrodden guy in a company who’s always picked on.  One day he witnesses a murder (by PSH) and flees the scene, gets into an accident by JIS’s character’s (who is a detective). Loses his memory but ends up with the killer’s diary and believes it’s his...so he starts to think he is the Psychopath.  I think he would think that he’s harboured murderous thoughts about people who have been mean to him in the past and mistakenly think that he acted on them and so killed people?  PSH’s character is like his boss or something (works in the same company).  He’s the real killer.  And I guess JIS’s character is the one who helps YSY find out the real truth and name the real killer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived