[Drama 2019-2020] Psychopath Diary, 싸이코패스 다이어리

nrllee

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Psychopath Diary, 싸이코패스 다이어리 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST - Yoon Shi Yoon & Jung In Sun - Premieres on November 20th
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Psychopath Diary” Teases Duality Of Yoon Shi Yoon, Jung In Sun, And Park Sung Hoon In New Character Posters

Oct 29, 2019
by R. Jun

tvN’s “Psychopath Diary” has revealed new character posters for the main cast!

The drama is a comedy thriller about a man named Yook Dong Shik (played by Yoon Shi Yoon), a timid pushover who happens to witness a murder. While attempting to flee the scene, he suffers an accident that causes him to lose his memory. When he wakes up and discovers the murderer’s diary — which describes his crimes in detail — in his hands, Yook Dong Shik becomes convinced that he is a psychopathic serial killer.

October 29, new posters were revealed for Yoon Shi Yoon, Jung In Sun, and Park Sung Hoon, showing two different images of each character.

Yoon Shi Yoon gives off a cold aura in his poster, which is labeled, “A pushover who thinks he’s a serial killer.” Holding a red diary in his hands, Yoon Shi Yoon wears a cynical smirk on his face. The image beneath shows Yoon Shi Yoon holding not a diary, but a tape labeled “Thriller.”

yoon-shi-yoon-psychopath-diary-poster.jp

Jung In Sun’s poster describes her character as a “passionate neighborhood police officer.” Wearing a casual blazer in one image and her police uniform in the other, she wears a stern expression with her hands on her hips.

jung-in-sun-psychopath-diary-poster.jpg

Park Sung Hoon flashes a gentle smile in his poster, though his smile doesn’t reach his eyes. His clean-cut black suit stands in sharp contrast to the image beneath, which shows him wearing a blood-covered poncho. The poster reads, “100 percent pure psychopath.”

park-sung-hoon-psychopath-diary-poster.j

“Psychopath Diary” airs November 20 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1362183wpp/psychopath-diary-teases-duality-of-yoon-shi-yoon-jung-in-sun-and-park-sung-hoon-in-new-character-posters

On 10/30/2019 at 6:07 PM, anony12345 said:

Looking at the title and description I was expecting a dark thriller but all the promo screams comedic from the posters to the trailer!? Bit disappointing.

Same. I know right.  We're talking about pyscho killing so this shouldn't be a comedy.  I also don't want to see anything funny or comedic relief involving memory loss much less serial killing as part of the story plot.  I have faith in the writer  as  he did Liar Game and Pied Piper, the latter is like a social commentary type of drama involving journalist and  bomb diffusal team and stuff like that.

But let's see. Story is about a psychotic killer.. wh records his killing using his diary to write about how he does it. Killer in this  case is PSH character which YSY character will accetally  accidentally get the diary due to memory loss think he's the killer.   If this turns out to be comedy  no matter how much I like the actors or acting. I likely will not continue. I don't mind smart witty comedy type of drama but.. this probably doesn't suit it.

On 10/30/2019 at 9:07 PM, anony12345 said:

Looking at the title and description I was expecting a dark thriller but all the promo screams comedic from the posters to the trailer!? Bit disappointing.

Yes I am disappointed too. Like @jongski I think this topic is just too macabre to introduce too much comedy...if it ends up being slapstick, it will lose me altogether.  Black/dark comedy is fine but nothing too fluffy.  Or it just leaves a bad taste in the viewers’ mouths?  There’s nothing “funny” about psychopathic killing.  :mellow:  I just worry that the writer is trying too hard to be “different”.  Why reinvent the wheel?  Stick to a tried and tested formula that worked for you in the past?  If thriller is your thing, stick with it!  Sigh I hope this turns out well. :sweatingbullets:

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019-2020] Psychopath Diary, 싸이코패스 다이어리 - Wed & Thu @ 21:30 KST - Yoon Shi Yoon & Jung In Sun - Premieres on November 20th

Archived