[Drama 2020] The Cursed/ Method, 방법

larus

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mrsj3n @Ellander88 personally I think that in this series, both sides (at some sort of level) they are both evil. So tbh, this series gives me the ‘grey’ area vibe where everyone have a certain evil to them...example FL just straight up tell the kid to kill her superior etc. Then you hear some cucumber crunching noises. Thus made me wonder if FL will request The kid to curse again. Haha I’m on ep 3 so I don’t know haha 

Will they play more about possession? I hope so:joy: later they...*stab their right eye* *cough cough*

15 hours ago, Ellander88 said:

:joy:

Maybe you do some reading first and wait for the daybreak. Haha

Guess what???

Somebody just binged watch till episode 6 the moment it's daybreak!!! :D

@Sushimi it's celery crunch sound. LOL!

Oh gosh.. every identity were revealed by episode 6.

Geez! No one heard of suspense? Show hand this early... it's making me nervous!!!

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ad1e2da4bd4b4dfe864

I'll be back to discuss more once I tidy up my thoughts.

Something is off with the Chairman and that Shaman.

23 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

SoJin was ready to do the procedure on the private eye but I'm glad JinHee didn't allow her to do it. I can understand SoJin's behaviour, she has been doing it since she was a child at her mom's insistence for money.

But I wonder if LeeHwan will let the private eye go after he has given the information.

Wait.

Did he let them go?

After he has given the name.. I think that was it.

I was too engrossed with So Jin and Jin Hee's scene that I totally forget to take note  and can't seem to recall?

I'm out now and I can't watch the playback.

Aargh. This is gonna bug me all day till the next daybreak. :crazy:

So @mrsj3n @Ellander88 oh to number 4!

So far really loving the story:kiss_wink:

@loversbridge this is just a theory: but what if her mum doing the ritual to ward of that evil spirit and that evil sprit (parts of it ) has latched on to her? Or the evil spirit have some certain connection to her? Like So jin saw him at the house before ceo got possessed. She might have called upon that evil spirit on to him. Or the spirits around her have latched on to him.

@Sushimi My friend!!! Help me out.. please see if Lee Hwan let the PI go?

It's still nightime here......:sweatingbullets:

I need more back story of Chairman and Shaman. 

I mean.. he was against the idea of seeing a shaman.

Then how did he and shaman woman linked up?

And then, I remembered she said to herself that she has gotten rid of the wrong shaman after informed by her assistant that the shaman at chairman's home town had a daughter.

And if I remembered correctly, when So Jin's mum was "correcting" the procedures done to the Chairman, So Jin was also part of the procedure.

Oh man... more questions and I need a rewatch badly. 

Aarghhhhhh.. 

6 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

And if I remembered correctly, when So Jin's mum was "correcting" the procedures done to the Chairman, So Jin was also part of the procedure.

I feel like the first time chairman saw So jin as his mum brought him to the ritual....I think that have some sort of link to why chairman would get possessed.

i think the woman is evil too. Or somehow being ‘threatened’

i like JinHee's fearless attitude in ep6 but then dealing with JuBong was just peanuts. JinHee now knows that the tsukumogami drums is useless meaning SoJin can perform a procedure on the chairman.

From my understanding of the 10 yrs backstory, SoJin's mom must have made an error in her ritual on Chairman Jin, instead of removing bad luck she made and evil spirit possessed his body. What kind of evil spirit was it that she earnestly begged JJH's mom to let her perform a procedure on her son to get rid of the evil spirit and even returned the money that was paid for the earlier ritual.   I think her procedure failed to make the evil spirit leave his body

@Sushimi I think fashionista Shaman is evil too. I mean, she is a Shaman for goodness sake.  She can't not sense something is wrong with the chairman right? She's basically in consort with the devil.

But I'm really confused.

Is she the bigger evil here who is making use of Chairman?

What is so important with the IPO?

Is it just money??

Or the focus is the ritual that they will be performing?

@imgreatgal If my memory is right, I thought that while he was driving, the dark evil spirit sort of found / followed him and entered him on the road?

Hmmm...

Do you guys noticed the red mark on chairman's hand?

Was it there before or after he had the procedure done by So Jin?

So Jin has that too.

Was it since birth or she gotten it after the procedure was done on her?

Ok. Brain fried! Lol

8 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Is she the bigger evil here who is making use of Chairman?

Okay, I know for sure both parties are using each other to gain prosperity.

1) Chairman is using the shaman for protection and spiritual advises to do things. Like find out who is the one that did the Procedures on our crumpled up mate. He is using her to make sure his company prosper.

2) Shaman going all out just to get that drum to fight for chairman. Shaman is probably using chairman for the money and rich life of getting what she needs(wants) for spiritual rituals.

8 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

it just money??

Personally I would say yes. Forest of curse is for public attraction, so I would say whatever forest is doing is to garner people in.

9 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

What kind of evil spirit

? She probably knew that the chairman’s spirit had a certain killer instinct in him. Like he threw the dog off the cliff. He uses the powers to kill. the procedures might not have failed. It might have just angered him.

plus probably there is a sense of detachment with him and his mom after. Therefore the mom knows something is up.

@mrsj3n shaman knowing that chairman will kill and is caring more about going to public rather than curing things says a lot about her.

22 hours ago, loversbridge said:

I'm a bit confused about something, at the end of episode 6, what does So Jin smile means ? Did I miss something ? I'm a bit scared about what it could means...

I wonder about this too and also SoJin's odd behavior when JinHee introduce her husband.  She looked at SungJoon with resentment maybe anger or possessiveness i can place it.  @Ellander88 you said in your earlier post that the Inugami spirit is attach to SoJin, does that mean she is possessed just like Chairman Jin?  If so then this could mean that the Inugami spirit if after the spirit that possessed the chairman and SoJin is only using JinHee to get to the chairman. 

Hi everyone, I haven't been able to write my thought yet on the recent two episodes due to work matter.

I will be back later (maybe weekend) to share my thought.. I need to rewatch. 

Great to see some posts by familiar names here! @mrsj3n and @Sushimi  :kiss_wink:

3 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

@Ellander88 you said in your earlier post that the Inugami spirit is attach to SoJin, does that mean she is possessed just like Chairman Jin? 

Yes the Inugami lived inside So-Jin, to be used at disposal performing the method and also acts as the bloodline guardian to her. Inugami is an evil spirit too, I never see nor praise the Inugami that So-Jin has as a good spirit just because we saw she performed the method to the supposedly bad person. It is human-created spirit full of revenge, it is evil in nature. It just that, the way how the human "master" use these spirits that's different. However, I still see the method as evil both in context and execution. 

What I am worried now is So-Jin is starting to show signs of being affected by the Inugami's nature --- we can see from how she felt threatened and unwelcoming of Jin Hee's husband. She is starting showing signs to be possessive of Jin Hee. A child with strong evil spirit like that, with no proper guidance on the effect of overusing "the method", will eventually get herself "eaten" from the inside by the spirit that "staying" inside her. She looks like a scarred and paranoid dog being wary of stranger and afraid of losing affection. 

Both So-Jin and the Chairman are possessed with spirits, but they respectively used it differently in context. That's why we can see both have red marks on their arm. Person that is possessed with spirit always shows sign of possession --- in this drama, the sign is the reddish artery-like mark. 

The meaning of the scene in episode 3 where the camera shows the mark on the Chairman hands similar to So-Jin has twofold:

1) Literally, it means the Chairman is actually also possessed with a spirit --- it's a sign this drama use to show someone is possessed with a spirit. Lee Hwan doesn't know this fact.

2) Figuratively, for that specific scene, showing the mark on the Chairman hand contradicts what Jin Kyung said about finding the evil spirit that doing the method (So-Jin's Inugami), and hiding the fact that the Chairman himself is also an evil spirit. The story Jin Kyung told Lee Hwan purposefully emphasizing that the opposite opponent as the one that is evil, while actually the Chairman himself is the evil one.

3 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

If so then this could mean that the Inugami spirit if after the spirit that possessed the chairman and SoJin is only using JinHee to get to the chairman. 

I am not sure yet about this one. I haven't watch episode 6 with subtitles. 

I am afraid there is bigger twist behind all that we are being shown now. 

But I think, the writer might have dropped some clues that we don't realize yet. 

Need to further analyze the episodes.

But I haven't had the chance to do so to the latest 2 episodes. 

Will come back later for more thought.:grimace:

i rewatched ep6 and had a few thoughts.. :huh:

- Soo Jin is born a cursed child.. i dunno what that means, does the inugami spirit inhibit itself to her at birth? who is Soo Jin’s father? :blink:

- Soo Jin’s mom got tired of leading life cursing people.. that was because Soo Jin’s spirit is meant to curse.. while she was warding the bad luck off JJH, little Soo Jin came out of the cupboard breaking the talisman that was supposed to keep her and the inugami spirit inside.. while she peeked out of the door, the inugami spirit did its natural instinct, to curse. thats why another evil spirit got invited into JJH body? or actually its the same inugami spirit? meaning Soo Jin and JJH shared the same inugami spirit (note that JJH had the red tree veins on his hand as well) :crazy:

- Soo Jin’s mom did a procedure to kill Soo Jin because she knows the inugami spirit is too strong?

- second procedure that Soo Jin’s mom did to try cast away the inugami spirit from JJH failed because once again, Soo Jin was there.. so its very possible both of them have the same inugami spirit? but then again, Soo Jin did manage to do a procedure on JJH.. this part, they can’t possibly share the same inugami spirit :mellow:

- Soo Jin’s mom was probably just a medium for the inugami spirit to tap on its powers cos, the child did not have to do anything.. her presence was all her mom needed.

the preview.. i wonder what did Jin Hee do to betray Soo Jin.. and how did Soo Jin save her.. the scene where Jin Hee hugs the child Soo Jin.. i wonder what that signifies as well..

I've managed to watch episode 7 and now@sadthe1st made me want to rewatch episode 6 again.

So much questions and no answers.

Gaahhhhh :crazy:

I'll pay attention again I guess. 

Edit: Jin hee didn't betray Soo Jin. Which preview did you see?

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Edit: Jin hee didn't betray Soo Jin. Which preview did you see?

at the end of ep6 there was a preview with Jin Hee car accident? there was a voice over that mentioned about she betrayed Soo Jin but she still save her..

i havent got to watch ep7 though haha i always keep both ep until eng subs out then watch both ep back to back :lol:

this Jin Kyung faceoff reminds me of Joker hahahaha

@sadthe1st sadly.. rewatching episode 6 just made me more confused. :sweatingbullets:

I think I need to rewatch the entire episodes again which I think I'll leave it for another day. LOL.

As for the preview... i didn't watch that earlier. Sorry! 

It didn't happen in episode 7.. so let's see for episode 8!

Edit to say: Rewatching episode 5 and 6 did not clue me in on the fate of the private eye and personal driver.

They just leave it like that!

Bad writer!!!! 

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

at the end of ep6 there was a preview with Jin Hee car accident? there was a voice over that mentioned about she betrayed Soo Jin but she still save her..

3 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

As for the preview... i didn't watch that earlier. Sorry! 

It didn't happen in episode 7.. so let's see for episode 8!

Hey guys!

I have been so busy with work I haven't been able to write here. 

I haven't even been able to write the thought about episode 5 & 6, and now episode 7 & 8 already catching up.. sigh :bawling:

But, I think the So Jin that Jin Hee mentioned in the voice over is her friend that committed suicide, not current Baek So-Jin. 

Just my guess.

Let's see how it goes in episode 8. 

Meanwhile, I am now catching up with episode 7.

I don't know if I have time to write my thought on both new episodes though.

Works is killing me. Haaaa :bawling:

OMG!

The ending of episode 8 is EPIC! :scream::skull:

But the preview.... hmmmm... she seems still alive... hmmmm

I hope it's just a flashback scene about how she became the shaman.

Unless she is an immortal, impossible for her to survive that last scene though. Hmmmm

13 hours ago, Ellander88 said:

But, I think the So Jin that Jin Hee mentioned in the voice over is her friend that committed suicide, not current Baek So-Jin. 

Just my guess.

Yes. That was my guess too.

Jin Hee is pretty protective of young So Jin now.

And O M G.

Episode 8!!!!!!!!!

That was so satisfying!

And I really love the OST that comes with it.

Pretty chilling and nice.

Anyone know about the OST?

(Not "Nobody Knows")

I can't seem to find more details on the soundtrack for this drama! Aargh

As for the preview (yes, I made sure to watch till the end.. lol).... if she's possessed,  I don't see why she can't recover. Because this is drama land, anything is possible.  :D

Archived