[Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전

0ly40

From Soompihttps://www.soompi.com/article/1369979wpp/jung-ryeo-won-lee-sun-gyun-praise-each-others-chemistry-and-passion-in-war-of-prosecutors

Jung Ryeo Won And Lee Sun Gyun Praise Each Other’s Chemistry And Passion In “War Of Prosecutors”

Jung Ryeo Won And Lee Sun Gyun Praise Each Other’s Chemistry And Passion In “War Of Prosecutors”

Dec 6, 2019
by C. Hong

On December 6, JTBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “War of Prosecutors” shared an interview with its lead actors, Lee Sun Gyun and Jung Ryeo Won.

Unlike previous legal dramas, which tended to focus on the high drama and media glitz of the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office, “War of Prosecutors” shows the average lives of ordinary prosecutors. Lee Sun Gyun plays Lee Sun Woong, who works at the Public Prosecutors’ Office in his local district, and Jung Ryeo Won plays Cha Myung Joo, who is rising in her career at the Central District Office when she is suddenly transferred to a branch office.

The two actors filmed a commercial together about 10 years ago, but have not worked together since. They said, “At the time, we thought our chemistry was good, and now we’ve finally met again. We wanted to act together, so we’re glad that we could meet through a good project. We’re having a lot of fun filming.”

Lee Sun Gyun said, “Jung Ryeo Won is a very passionate and detailed actor. She has the most positive energy out of anyone on set and it’s very welcome from the point of view of someone who works with her.”

Jung Ryeo Won added, “We’re good friends, so being on set is fun.”

The drama also shared stills of a meeting between their characters in the drama, running into each other late at night and discovering that their offices are basically next door to each other. Although the two of them will be colleagues from now on, there’s still an air of awkwardness around their handshake.

war-of-prosecutors-lee-sun-gyun-jung-rye

Jung Ryeo Won said, “During the drama, our characters will flip their senior-junior relationship. Sun Woong was the senior when they were in university, but Myung Joo passed the bar first, making her the senior in their working relationship. That’s why the posters say that my character is the 38th class and his character is the 39th class.”

“War of Prosecutors” premieres on December 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Check out a teaser here!

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Jung Ryeo Won said, “During the drama, our characters will flip their senior-junior relationship. Sun Woong was the senior when they were in university, but Myung Joo passed the bar first, making her the senior in their working relationship. That’s why the posters say that my character is the 38th class and his character is the 39th class.”

She's his Sunbae :D

Makes me more curious about their interaction later :thumbsup:

IG update from Prosecutor Kim!

When I saw this account before I thought it was a fan account :sweatingbullets:

Turns out it's an official account for the drama!

Too bad, it seems not many people aware of it... But maybe once the drama start, it'll gain more followers :thumbsup:

Does anyone know anything about the novel this is based on? Miss Hammurabi was great and it was also from jtbc and based on a novel. And i love Jung Ryeo Won, i always have to think about her acceptance speech. I have to say I am getting pretty hyped.

2 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Does anyone know anything about the novel this is based on? Miss Hammurabi was great and it was also from jtbc and based on a novel. And i love Jung Ryeo Won, i always have to think about her acceptance speech. I have to say I am getting pretty hyped.

If I'm not mistaken, it's a compilation of essays, written by Kim Woong, a prosecutor with almost 20 years of experience

https://m.lawtimes.co.kr/Content/Article?serial=139511

JRW already read the book and it seems like she loved it :thumbsup:

I'm also excited to see JRW in a drama again.

She was great in Witch Court.

Looking forward to see the difference between her characters in Witch Court and this drama.

11 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Latest teaser released two days ago confirms for me that this is going to be a comedy. Are we going to get a long one? And when is the press conference?

Why do I feel this drama is a bit lack in promotion?

I mean, it's already D-5... Where's the countdown from JTBC? 

And Pro Kim IG is also not very active...

Press conference usually held a day before airing

Hoping for vlive or KakaoTalk too...

8 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Ok thanks @widala

And my comparison with Miss Hammurabi makes even more sense then because that was also written by an experienced judge.

Didn't know this is going to be a comedy. I was hoping for a more serious drama. But let's see.

No problem :thumbsup:

This drama has a great source material, hopefully they will do the book justice (no pun intended :D)

2 hours ago, widala said:

Why do I feel this drama is a bit lack in promotion?

I mean, it's already D-5... Where's the countdown from JTBC? 

And Pro Kim IG is also not very active...

Press conference usually held a day before airing

Hoping for vlive or KakaoTalk too...

This drama has a great source material, hopefully they will do the book justice (no pun intended :D)

The previous drama Chief of Staff had their press conference the Thursday before, I think. Could be the same for Prosecutors. Chief of Staff also consistently achieved good ratings in the 5%; this drama has a big shoe to fill. Agreed, there's not much promotion, but they did post quite a few HD stills on the drama website today:

http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/photo/pr10011133/pm10056427/detail/16053

20191211_140822_6007.jpg

20191211_140816_5620.jpg

On 12/11/2019 at 9:39 PM, widala said:

Lee Sun Kyun talks about Diary of a Prosecutor

If you Google translate this article, you might be able to get an idea of some of the things he talks about: http://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1210064

We're 3 days away and nothing new is coming out of production team. :sleeping:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1371412wpp/watch-lee-sun-kyun-raves-about-fun-plot-and-excellent-teamwork-in-war-of-prosecutors

Watch: Lee Sun Gyun Raves About Fun Plot And Excellent Teamwork In “War Of Prosecutors”

Dec 14, 2019
by S. Park

Lee Sun Gyun amped up excitement for “War of Prosecutors”!

The upcoming JTBC drama tells the story of the lives of ordinary prosecutors. It’s centered around a prosecutor named Lee Sun Woong (played by Lee Sun Gyun), who works at his local district’s Public Prosecutors’ Office, and a prosecutor named Cha Myung Joo (played by Jung Ryeo Won), who suddenly gets transferred to the branch office after rising in her career at the Central District Office.

On December 12, JTBC released its interview with Lee Sun Gyun, where the actor spoke about the points to watch in the drama.

He began, “It seems like the drama is about prosecutors because the title is ‘War of Prosecutors,’ but it’s a story about office workers.” Lee Sun Gyun portrays a prosecutor named Lee Sun Woong, who lives a happy life in the small town of Jinyoung, which is also described as a place of exile for prosecutors.

Unlike other prosecutors in past dramas and films, Lee Sun Woong is a character who has neither the burning passion for justice nor corruption. The actor explained, “He’s an average prosecutor with a small amount of humanity and a moderate amount of justice.” His character is an ordinary man, but viewers will be able to relate to him even more because of this.

Speaking about his co-stars, including Jung Ryeo Won, Lee Sung Jae, Kim Kwang Gyu, Lee Sang Hee, and Jeon Sung Woo, the actor said, “Our teamwork is so good. The characters make up a motley crew, and the No. 2 criminal department is even more inferior.”

He continued, “There’s a new story in each episode that includes a point of comfort for viewers. The direction format is also different.”

Lee Sun Gyun concluded, “‘War of Prosecutors’ is a drama you can warmly watch to enjoy the end of the year. I hope you’ll have a warm end of the year with ‘War of Prosecutors’ in December.”

“War of Prosecutors” premieres on December 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki! 

10 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

The prosecutors, one by one. They make me very nervous, to be honest.

Why is that?

In a way, I'm nervous too because it's going to be a very tough competition in Mon-Tues 9.30 slot.

This drama aired the same time with tvN Black Dog, with veteran actress Ra Mi Ran and Seo Hyun Jin (Another Miss Oh).

Black Dog already had their press conference on Wednesday, and the chemistry between the leads was looking good...

Let's just hope for the best...

10 hours ago, widala said:

Why is that?

In a way, I'm nervous too because it's going to be a very tough competition in Mon-Tues 9.30 slot.

This drama aired the same time with tvN Black Dog, with veteran actress Ra Mi Ran and Seo Hyun Jin (Another Miss Oh).

Black Dog already had their press conference on Wednesday, and the chemistry between the leads was looking good...

Let's just hope for the best...

:D I guess because those characters don't look all that competent, and not reassuring, if you will. 

But you're also right that there will be a tight race in the buzz department against the other dramas premiering within the same few days. The biggest one of them is, of course, Hyun Bin's new drama, which I think will receive all the attention in the press and social media. Brings back trauma from the Miss Korea days.

10 hours ago, widala said:

He continued, “There’s a new story in each episode that includes a point of comfort for viewers. The direction format is also different.”

Are we going to have an episodic drama with an overarching main story?

And when exactly is the press conference going to happen?

Archived