[Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전

0ly40

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two versions of teaser trailer #4 for JTBC drama series “Diary of a Prosecutor”

Diary_of_a_Prosecutor-teaser4-SM2-LS.jpg

Two versions of teaser trailer #4 added for upcoming JTBC drama series “Diary of a Prosecutor” starring Lee Sun-Kyun & Jung Ryeo-Won. One version of teaser trailer #4 focuses on Cha Myung-Joo played by Jung Ryeo-Won. Caption on the bottom right of her teaser trailer states in Korean “Prosecutor Cha Myung-Joo’s daily work log: solution in accordance with principle.” The other teaser trailer #4 version focuses on Lee Sun-Woong played by Lee Sun-Kyung. Caption on the bottom right of his teaser trailer states in Korean “Prosecutor Lee Sun-Woong’s daily work log : reconciliation and reconciliation.”

7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

What's with the strange lighting of the latest teaser featuring LSK and the little girls? Also, I'm not liking the character posters that much. Can't wait to see more!

My guess is they want to give him warm colors? In opposite of JRW's version?

Or, maybe they want to tell that even in the dimly lit, stuffy office, the prosecutor who inhabit it is bright with kindness and have a large heart? Haha, I'm making things up...

But, I like the how different both teasers are, reflecting the difference between the leads.

As for the poster, I think it goes well with the premise of this drama, which is portraying the ordinary life of prosecutors instead the glamorous kind.

But, I wish they didn't use the typical "pink for girls" and "blue for boys" for the text.

Better if they just use neutral colors....imo

42 minutes ago, widala said:

My guess is they want to give him warm colors? In opposite of JRW's version?

Or, maybe they want to tell that even in the dimly lit, stuffy office, the prosecutor who inhabit it is bright with kindness and have a large heart? Haha, I'm making things up...

But, I like the how different both teasers are, reflecting the difference between the leads.

As for the poster, I think it goes well with the premise of this drama, which is portraying the ordinary life of prosecutors instead the glamorous kind.

But, I wish they didn't use the typical "pink for girls" and "blue for boys" for the text.

Better if they just use neutral colors....imo

You're right. These are character teasers and not actual scenes from the drama. The contrast is stark and I'm loving it. I do wonder if the show is going to portray one way to be more "right" than the other? And is JRW's character 36 years old and LSK's 39? So he is playing young again after going old in My Ajusshi.

14 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I do wonder if the show is going to portray one way to be more "right" than the other?

I hope not.

Both methods have they're own plus and minus. It's better if they're complementing each other.

I also hope they won't focus too much on the "war" between them.

14 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

And is JRW's character 36 years old and LSK's 39? So he is playing young again after going old in My Ajusshi.

When I first saw the poster, I thought Lee Sun Woong is 39 yo too, turns out he's 37 yo!

It's the number beside his name in the bracket.

That 39 number is his graduation class

After 10 years as a prosecutor, he graduated from the 39th judicial training institute and is currently working in the rural areas. 

https://m.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1VQZXP2BB9#_enliple

What do you think?

Can he pass as a 37 yo? :lol:

Reminded me in the Trans Siberian Pathfinders when the Russian man said he looked like a 21 yo :joy:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1368677wpp/lee-sun-gyun-and-jung-ryeo-won-show-distinct-personalities-in-war-of-prosecutors-posters

Lee Sun Gyun And Jung Ryeo Won Show Distinct Personalities In “War Of Prosecutors” Posters

Dec 1, 2019
by L. Kim

Upcoming JTBC drama “War of Prosecutors” has unveiled its character posters!

Based on a bestselling book of the same name, this new series will explore the ordinary, daily lives of prosecutors. Lee Sun Kyun portrays prosecutor Lee Sun Woong who works at the Public Prosecutors’ Office in his local district while Jung Ryeo Won appears as elite prosecutor Cha Myung Joo who was rising on the ladder of success at the Central District Prosecutors’ Office before being transferred to a branch office.

First off, Lee Sun Woong poses with a content smile in his prosecutor uniform. He is a graduate of the Judicial Research and Training Institute and has been a prosecutor for 10 years already. He works in the local district of Jinyoung, and although others call Jinyoung the “land of exile for prosecutors,” he is very satisfied with his life there. With the motto, “Let tomorrow be the same as today,” he spends every day in pleasant peace. Viewers find it humorous that he is in charge of a case called “Throwing cow dung out of infatuation.”

Meanwhile, Cha Myung Joo poses with the confidence and elegance of an elite prosecutor. She graduated one year ahead of Lee Sun Woong, and it’s her eleventh year as a prosecutor. She passed the bar exam with the highest scores after after graduating from the Seoul National University School of Law at the top of her class, and she also graduated at the top of the training institute. Cha Myung Joo led the “200 billion won (approximately $169.2 million) hospital insurance fraud case,” but an incident led her to become demoted to the second division of criminal investigation at the Jinyoung District Prosecutors’ Office. Like her motto, “Even if I reflect on it, I don’t regret it,” she has always given her all in everything she was faced with. What new story will she create with her new fellow prosecutors in the countryside?

The production crew commented, “We wanted the character posters to intuitively capture the distinct personalities of Lee Sun Woong and Cha Myung Joo through several keywords. The transformation of Lee Sun Gyun and Jung Ryeo Won, who perfectly melted into charming roles, will make the drama richer. We ask for your support until the first broadcast.”

15 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Very curious to see what nuggets are included in the TMI box. I wish someone would translate soon. :) 

Me too... Tried to translate using translator app but the results are confusing.

Waiting for article from Soompi or other English source to provide a decent translation...

Cha Myung Joo TMI

Behind the scene teaser and photoshoot :thumbsup:

From Dramabeans:

Different approaches to justice in Diary of a Prosecutor

by tineybeanie

lsk_jrw_prosecutor1.jpg

If these teasers are a good indication of how this drama is going to be, I’m definitely tuning in. Slice-of-life legal drama Diary of a Prosecutor doesn’t feature any great corruption or a thrilling revenge story. It’s about the low-key lives of ordinary prosecutors from the peaceful Jinyoung provincial office, who have to deal with unending amounts of work and who work hard to resolve even the most trivial of civil disputes.

Lee Seon-kyun (My Ajusshi) plays a prosecutor with strong survival skills, and Jung Ryeo-won (Greasy Melo) plays a three-times ace prosecutor. In the newly released teasers, we see their different approaches to solving the adorable case of fighting sisters.

As he’s busily organizing papers, two cutie patooties walk into Lee Seon-kyun’s office. Welcomingly, he asks whether they’re here for the Career Day experience. The younger girl shouts angrily in adorable satoori, “Yes! But my sister bit me!” The older sister immediately fires back that the younger one bit her too.

Lee Seon-kyun slowly emerges from his desk and gently asks what the origin of the fight was. They busily accuse the other of saying mean things like “You smell” and calling names like “Bug.” Lee Seon-kyun gives his final judgement by saying that since it hurt both of them when they bit each other, he thinks they should apologize to each other. He places their hands together and tells them goodbye, but it seems as though both sisters are unhappy with the verdict.

In Jung Ryeo-won’s office, she begins the interview by stating that although there probably aren’t any credible third-party witnesses; perjury is punishable by law. And we see the same two sisters standing before her (perhaps wanting a second opinion after the unsatisfactory conclusion with Lee Seon-kyun).

In intimidating legal jargon, she begins to summarize the case: “Legally speaking, in this case, the younger sister is the assailant and the older is the victim. However, because the younger sister was harmed first and more severely, this counts as excessive self-defense on the part of the older sister.” Both sisters look afraid and repentant as though they’re both defendants on trial in front of her.

In the end, Jung Ryeo-won draws the conclusion that the older sister must apologize to the younger. Softly, she apologizes, and when Jung says “Properly, please,” she immediately grabs her younger sister toward her and they hug (but it seems like it’s mostly out fear of Jung’s presence).

JTBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama Dairy of a Prosecutor will begin airing on December 16, after the end of Chief of Staff’s run.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/different-approaches-to-justice-in-diary-of-a-prosecutor/

Archived