[Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전

0ly40

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

More stills of LSW prosecutor, but no news of a press conference. What is wrong with this drama? So weird.

Right?

I've been continuously checking IG and Twitter... Still no news and it's already 6pm in SK

LSW is hot though...:love:

Prosecutor Kim IG update

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.soompi.com/article/1371648wpp/lee-sun-gyun-experiences-a-roller-coaster-of-emotions-in-war-of-prosecutors

Lee Sun Gyun Experiences A Roller Coaster Of Emotions In “War Of Prosecutors”

Lee Sun Gyun Experiences A Roller Coaster Of Emotions In “War Of Prosecutors”

Dec 15, 2019
by L. Kim

Lee Sun Gyun is already facing a crisis in the first episode of “War of Prosecutors”!

The upcoming JTBC drama tells the story of the lives of ordinary prosecutors. It’s centered around a prosecutor named Lee Sun Woong (played by Lee Sun Gyun), who works at his local district’s Public Prosecutors’ Office, and a prosecutor named Cha Myung Joo (played by Jung Ryeo Won), who suddenly gets transferred to the branch office after rising in her career at the Central District Office.

On December 15, JTBC released new stills of Lee Sun Gyun as Lee Sun Woong that will pique the curiosity of the viewers anticipating the first broadcast. In the photos, Lee Sun Woong is at the police station while wearing fishing gear. First, he gauges the setting with an uneasy expression. Then he shuts his eyes with a resigned look on his face as he is interrogated by the police. Lastly, he just stares off into space as if his soul has been sucked out. Given his downhill roller coaster of emotions, it can be assumed that he didn’t come to the police station for a good reason.

lee-sun-gyun1.jpg

The production crew said, “In the first episode of ‘War of Prosecutors,’ which is finally premiering, the whole story of how prosecutor Lee Sun Woong, who is ‘satisfied with everything,’ ended up sitting at the police station will be revealed. Also, the prosecutors who will attract viewers with their colorful charms will be revealed one after another.”

Then they added, “The premiere is just a day away. We have a lot of stories to laugh at, empathize over, and warm up the cold winter, so please join us to get rid of the Monday blues.”

“War of Prosecutors” premieres on December 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

6 hours ago, widala said:

Right?

I've been continuously checking IG and Twitter... Still no news and it's already 6pm in SK

I guess they learned from My Ajusshi that before premiere press conference is totally optional. :D  Yet I still wonder if it will happen tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, widala said:

LSW is hot though...:love:

Especially in the last few stills.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1371654wpp/war-of-prosecutors-reveals-3-key-reasons-to-tune-in-to-premiere

Now this write-up got me very excited for the comedy to come. But why would Cha Myung Joo ever choose to resign when she is still very young/

“War Of Prosecutors” Reveals 3 Key Reasons To Tune In To Premiere

“War Of Prosecutors” Reveals 3 Key Reasons To Tune In To Premiere

Dec 15, 2019
by L. Kim

JTBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “War of Prosecutors” is set to premiere tonight!

The upcoming series, which will follow the lives of ordinary prosecutors, centers on the story of a prosecutor named Lee Sun Woong (played by Lee Sun Gyun), who works at his local district’s Public Prosecutors’ Office, and a prosecutor named Cha Myung Joo (played by Jung Ryeo Won), who was a rising star at the Central District Office before suddenly getting transferred to a branch office.

With many already excited to see the office life of prosecutors, here are three key points to look forward to:

1. Who are the Jinyoung prosecutors?

Male lead Lee Sun Woong lives a happy life in the small town of Jinyoung, which is also described as a place of exile for prosecutors. With zero passion for justice, he is more like an ordinary office worker rather than a prosecutor. His team includes prosecutors with diverse personalities.

First, there is chief prosecutor Jo Min Ho (Lee Sung Jae) who attempts to become “young and hip” by using slang words. At the same time, he has one simple wish, which is to become a “chief who wins first place at least once.” Oh Yoon Jin (Lee Sang Hee) is a former member of the violent crime department who used to go after gangsters, but right now, she is a working mom who thinks the most terrifying thing is child care. There is also Hong Jong Hak (Kim Kwang Gyu), a senior prosecutor suffering from chronic stomach cramps who is surrounded by prosecutors stronger than him, and Kim Jung Woo (Jeon Sung Woo), an inexperienced rookie prosecutor.

war-of-prosecutors.jpg

2. Why did star prosecutor Cha Myung Joo come to Jinyoung?

There will be a new change in the second division of the Jinyoung District Prosecutors’ Office, which has been running peacefully despite being second in the category every year. Cha Myung Joo, a star prosecutor on the rise, joins the team at Jinyoung after leaving the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office, where she had been on a winning streak for the past 11 years. According to rumors, she took on a case that caused her to become demoted.

Cha Myung Joo will reunite with Lee Sun Woong for the first time in more than a decade, and from the beginning, the two end up facing off with their very different opinions and quarrelsome chemistry. Why did Cha Myung Joo, who could have chosen to resign instead of being transferred, come to Jinyoung?

3. What kind of cases will occur in Jinyoung?

Jinyoung is a city of fishing and culture. What events might unfold in the countryside located at the end of the southern coast? It may seem like nothing would happen in such a place, but the highlight reel unveiled the mysteries lurking in the city’s future. Lee Sung Woong described the cases as being “directly related to someone’s survival.”

The producers of the drama remarked, “‘War of Prosecutors’ does not feature a huge conspiracy or bloody revenge, and there are no brutal killers or gory scenes. Instead, there will be simple but relatable incidents that can easily happen in everyday life.”

“War of Prosecutors” premieres on December 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

Check out a teaser for the drama below!

WATCH NOW

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Lee Sun Gyun & Jung Ryeo Won - Premieres TONIGHT
9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I guess they learned from My Ajusshi that before premiere press conference is totally optional. :D  Yet I still wonder if it will happen tomorrow. 

You're probably right, it seems like the press conference is today.

This is the donation from JRW's fans at the press conference location, if I'm not mistaken...

D-day!

I'm so nervous...:sweatingbullets:

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST
7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Finally a press conference!

Finally!

They really did a D-DAY press conference :sweatingbullets:

Press conference full

“War Of Prosecutors” Cast On Changing Their Perceptions Of Prosecutors + Jung Ryeo Won Compares Role With “Witch’s Court”

“War Of Prosecutors” Cast On Changing Their Perceptions Of Prosecutors + Jung Ryeo Won Compares Role With “Witch’s Court”

Dec 16, 2019
by L. Kim

With the first episode of the new drama “War of Prosecutors” airing tonight, the cast held a press conference to talk about their roles and more.

The series, which follows the lives of ordinary prosecutors, centers on the story of a prosecutor named Lee Sun Woong (played by Lee Sun Gyun), who works at his local district’s Public Prosecutors’ Office, and a prosecutor named Cha Myung Joo (played by Jung Ryeo Won), who was a rising star at the Central District Office before suddenly getting transferred to a branch office.

On December 16, the drama held its press conference at Imperial Palace Seoul.

Lee Sun Gyun will portray Lee Sun Woong, a prosecutor of the second division of the Jinyoung District Prosecutors’ Office. Previously, he’s played a lawyer, detective, doctor, chef, and more, and he commented, “When I played professional roles, the results came out great. I hope this will continue.”

When asked why he chose this drama as his next project, he shared, “I didn’t choose this as my next project because I was able to play a professional role. I thought the drama was original because of the interesting stories and situations that take place every time and the unique way the stories are told.”

In the drama, Lee Sun Gyun and Jung Ryeo Won will showcase a funny chemistry. Concerning their relationship, Lee Sun Gyun said, “We filmed an air conditioner commercial together more than 10 years ago. I thought it would be great to do a project together if we ever had the chance, so I’m enjoying the opportunity to film with her. Ryeo Won is very bright on set, so she gives me a lot of positive energy. I appreciate it.”

In turn, Jung Ryeo Won commented, “As an actress, I’m a fan of him, and even when we were filming the commercial together, I was his fan, so I thought it would be nice if we could work together. The character’s name is Lee Sun Woong, and when I saw it I thought of Lee Sun Gyun. I thought that he definitely needed to be the one to play the role, so I contacted him personally to check out the script. I’m having fun filming.”

In 2017, Jung Ryeo Won also played a prosecutor in “Witch’s Court.” Jung Ryeo Won admitted she was about to refuse the offer to play a prosecutor again. She shared, “When I first received the script, I looked at it with the mindset of, ‘Let’s looks at it quickly and say no,’ but it was so fun.”

She continued, “If my previous role was like an ‘anti-hero’ who was trying to achieve success with passion and expediency, this character is cold, blunt, and restrained. I thought I could bring a kind of tension to the story as this character, so I decided to do it.”

Lee Sung Jae, who plays chief prosecutor Jo Min Ho, stated his reason for starring in the drama. He said, “As a Korean citizen and a viewer, I also watched dramas involving prosecutors and lawyers with a barrier because they were ‘stiff,’ but ‘War of Prosecutors’ breaks all that apart. Real-life situations are portrayed realistically in the drama. I broke my preconceived notions by starring in it.”

Kim Kwang Gyu commented, “When I think of a prosecutor, I think of power. I saw the movie ‘A Violent Prosecutor’ on TV, and it’s completely different from our drama. You can’t find power in our drama.”

Lee Sang Hee also shared her views of prosecutors. She said, “There’s usually no reason to meet a prosecutor in person, so I had a prejudice that they were solemn, scary, hard, and unapproachable. I read a book before the audition, and it broke my prejudice. I wondered how the drama would be made. It can be a bit childish, but it’s got a lot of human features.”

Lastly, Jeon Sung Woo added, “Until now, I thought that prosecutors in dramas seemed glamorous and showy, but after playing the role of one, I realized it was a normal job. I think it’s a drama that tells the stories of very common people.”

“War of Prosecutors” premieres on December 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

Woot! First episode rating was recorded at 5.0%, surpassing TvN's Black Dog that premiered on the same night at 3.3%. Even more impressive is this was the highest first episode rating for a JTBC drama. :o I have to say I was very very surprised. LSJ and JRW are not exactly big names in South Korea, and we know how little this drama was promoted by JTBC. The only reason has got to be the D-day press conference. :sweat_smile:  Let's hope it only goes up from here.

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/culture/view/2019/12/1054700/

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Woot! First episode rating was recorded at 5.0%, surpassing TvN's Black Dog that premiered on the same night at 3.3%. Even more impressive is this was the highest first episode rating for a JTBC drama. :o I have to say I was very very surprised. LSJ and JRW are not exactly big names in South Korea, and we know how little this drama was promoted by JTBC. The only reason has got to be the D-day press conference. :sweat_smile:  Let's hope it only goes up from here.

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/culture/view/2019/12/1054700/

Yes! It's a very good start :thumbsup:

Truth is I didn't expect much (doesn't need high rating just please don't flop :sweatingbullets:)...

This 5% rating makes me very happy and equally nervous...

Let's see how's the second episode tonight.

Hopefully it will maintain the rating...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1371976wpp/war-of-prosecutors-and-black-dog-premiere-to-solid-ratings-vip-holds-steady-as-no-1

“War Of Prosecutors” And “Black Dog” Premiere To Solid Ratings, “VIP” Holds Steady As No. 1

Dec 17, 2019
by R. Jun

Two new Monday-Tuesday dramas have hit the air: tvN’s “Black Dog,” starring Seo Hyun Jin and Ra Mi Ran, and JTBC’s “War of Prosecutors,” starring Lee Sun Gyun and Jung Ryeo Won.

JTBC’s “War of Prosecutors” got off to a great start with an average of 5.0 percent nationwide, according to Nielsen Korea, while “Black Dog” hit 3.3 percent with its premiere episode.

SBS’s “VIP” remained largely unaffected by the two new dramas, as it recorded 10.6 and 13.1 percent viewership, holding steady from the drama’s previous episodes and maintaining its spot as the No. 1 Monday-Tuesday drama.

4 hours ago, widala said:

Yes! It's a very good start :thumbsup:

Truth is I didn't expect much (doesn't need high rating just please don't flop :sweatingbullets:)...

This 5% rating makes me very happy and equally nervous...

Let's see how's the second episode tonight.

Hopefully it will maintain the rating...

I know about feeling nervous. Now there is this pressure to maintain the high rating and not lose audience's interest. I am still scratching my head at the mysterious cause of the high premiere rating. Is it the source material?

https://www.kdramapal.com/diary-of-a-prosecutor-sets-new-record-for-highest-drama-premiere-rating-on-jtbc/

‘Diary Of A Prosecutor’ sets new record for highest drama premiere rating on JTBC

43d164ec747b17a419776084a908383b?s=20&d=mm&r=g Samfann   December 17, 2019

Diary Of A Prosecutor premiered Monday night with a nationwide TV rating of 5.0 percent, setting a new record for the highest first episode rating of a JTBC drama.

The new series broke the records of not only the 12 dramas that previously aired on JTBC in 2019, but also all the other JTBC dramas in the past years such as Life (2018), Man To Man (2017), and Something In The Rain (2018).

Diary Of A Prosecutor Poster 2

As of December 17, the following are the 10 highest-rated drama premieres on JTBC based on data from Nielsen Korea:

1. Diary Of A Prosecutor (2019) — 5.042%
  2. Chief Of Staff (2019) — 4.375%
  3. Life (2018) — 4.334%
  4. Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency (2019) — 4.278%
  5. Chief Of Staff 2 (2019) — 4.166%
  6. Man To Man (2017) — 4.055%
  7. Something In The Rain (2018) — 4.008%
  8. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (2017) — 3.829%
  9. Miss Hammurabi (2018) — 3.739%
  10. The Wind Blows (2019) — 3.598%

Diary Of A Prosecutor‘s first episode rating ranks fifth overall in 2019, following tvN’s The Crowned Clown (5.7%), Crash Landing On You (6.1%), Arthdal Chronicles (6.7%), and Hotel del Luna (7.3%).

The achievement of the series marks another milestone for JTBC, which has continued to make a name for itself in broadcasting high-quality Korean dramas that appeal to more and more viewers. SKY Castle, the network’s critically acclaimed series that concluded in February, is currently the highest-rated Korean drama on cable TV in terms of peak rating. It recently topped Google’s list of trending Korean TV shows of 2019.

Diary-Of-A-Prosecutor-press-conference-s The main actors of Diary Of A Prosecutor pose for photographs at the drama’s press conference (from left to right): Jeon Sung-woo, Lee Sang-hee, Kim Kwang-kyu, Lee Sun-kyun, Jung Ryeo-won, and Lee Sung-jae.

Starring Lee Sun-kyun (My Mister) and Jung Ryeo-won (Wok of Love), Diary Of A Prosecutor is a legal drama that sheds light on the lives of ordinary prosecutors working in a small district office. Lee Sun-kyun takes on the role of a local district prosecutor who seems to have no ambition in life while Jung Ryeo-won plays an ace prosecutor who is on a roll at the central office in Seoul when she is transferred to a local branch.

Meanwhile, tvN’s Black Dog also aired its first episode on Monday and obtained a 3.3 percent rating. The drama is headlined by Seo Hyun-jin and Ra Mi-ran.

A total of 92 prime-time Korean dramas premiered in 2019, the last two of which were Diary Of A Prosecutor and Black Dog.

HELLO Guess who's here?? So nice to see dear friends from the My Ahjussi thread.

I just started the first episode and OMO who do I see there? Our dear Ahjussi and his former boss!

I'm telling you the high premier ratings is due to My Ahjussi hangover....

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

LSJ and JRW are not exactly big names in South Korea,

Don't quite agree here...LSK has been flying high after Ahjussi and Parasite (as someone who acts in good quality stuff) and JRW has her fan base, plus JRW x LSK is something quite fresh and something new to expect

OK back to the show!

I absolutely adored the first episode! This is a slice-of-life human drama done right, there is a nice balance of the quirky characters, their everyday lives, and the jobs that they do in the prosecutor's office. LOL, I sure got tricked because I thought that psychic for sure was legit until I watched the very end. He was a hoot though, I was rolling when Lee Sung Jae's character went to him for advice in disguise. :lol:

19 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

I know about feeling nervous. Now there is this pressure to maintain the high rating and not lose audience's interest. I am still scratching my head at the mysterious cause of the high premiere rating. Is it the source material?

Probably... The book is pretty popular, if I'm not mistaken...

Also, probably, because lately the airing dramas are pretty heavy and serious. Such VIP, 99bil Woman, Chocolate...while Diary of A Prosecutor bringing something light and funny.

The second episode held the 5% rating. Hopefully, next week will be steady or increased :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, justamom said:

HELLO Guess who's here?? So nice to see dear friends from the My Ahjussi thread.

I just started the first episode and OMO who do I see there? Our dear Ahjussi and his former boss!

I'm telling you the high premier ratings is due to My Ahjussi hangover....

Hi, @justamom nice to see you here too :blush:

PDH and Dir. Yoon meet again... It's kind of weird to see them peacefully fishing together, exchanging poetry... Although dir. Yoon did bailed on LSW to escape from the police :lol: that scene was very funny.

Hi @MidnightRain, @htk9207 @Sakurafairy

Nice to meet you guys :blush:

I agree, the first episode is really fun!

Besides the leads, I'm curious about the other characters too... especially the single mother prosecutor, Oh Yoon Jin, what's her story, does she a have a partner and where is he etc...

I'm not really familiar with the other actors besides LSK and JRW, although I understand they have played in many dramas before. The two of them was in Fiery Priest? I haven't  watched that drama :sweatingbullets:

And one of them, the Chief, was with LSK in My Ahjussi as his enemy...

Looking forward to the second episode when we get to meet Cha Myung Joo 

Finished watching the pilot episode. Viki didn't have the subs yet so had to resort to an illegal site. The setup felt a bit long, but now that our new ace has arrived, I can't wait to see how she's going to turn everything upside down. 

Koala's Playground on first episode ratings:

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/12/17/diary-of-a-prosecutor-premieres-with-highest-jtbc-first-episode-rating-ever-with-5-042/

Hello everyone !! Good to see familiar names back here which proves half the people are here because of my ajhussi !!

i came here to see lighter and sexier version of LSK and dint get disappointed . 

The rolled up sleeves also was an added bonus !!!

The story seems like a slice of life of prosecutors and I thoroughly enjoyed first two episodes. 

Archived