[Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전

0ly40

8 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Ah, so it's a Monday-Tuesday drama. Do dramas do well in this time slot?

Now, JTBC only has two drama slots, Mon-Tues and Fri-Sat.

It seems that the time slots doesn't really matter... 

For Fri-Sat drama, Sky Castle was very successful, but Be Melodramatic did not (even though it was a very good drama).

And for Mon-Tues drama, At Eighteen has a pretty good rating while Flower Crew is just so-so.

Like what @jongski said, a drama will do well if it's well written, directed, acted and has a good plot.

But, honestly, I don't know what's really determined if a drama will get a good rating or not.

I thought Be Melodramatic is cleverly written and very well acted, but the drama only has about 1% rating.

And, big names doesn't always guarantee a success, like Ji Chang Wook's drama which is getting not so good rating...

I think how the drama is marketed can influence the successful of a drama.

Prosecutors Stories will be aired after Chief of Staff 2, which is a serious political drama.

Maybe Prosecutors Stories could appeal more if it's shown to be a more lighthearted drama, highlights on the humane and daily lives.

The fact that it is based on a pretty popular book could be a double edge sword.

People will be interested but also have some kind of expectations...

I really hope this drama will do well...

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/29/2019 at 11:09 PM, sadiesmith said:

We should start seeing some promo materials soon. Still worried Viki hasn't picked up the license, but they just did for My Mister. :)  Where do you guys in Asia watch your new shows legally? Viu?

Hopefully they will start releasing posters, teasers and script reading soon... Probably mid November, a month before airing.

Yes, Viu is the legal site for Asian countries

I checked out Viki for My Ahjussi, they translate the title to Mr. Lonely :sweatingbullets:

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST - Lee Sun Gyun & Jung Ryeo Won - Premieres on December 16th
5 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

i don't remember ever seeing LSK take a picture with a food truck sent to him before. But what @widala what made you think it was sent by Oh Man Seok? The guy in the picture is not OMS.

Haha, yes, he didn't even take any photo with the food truck from IU :sweatingbullets:

It's Oh Man Seok.

The name in the bottom of the banner is 오만석 and his photo is from Partner for Justice S2 poster 

3 hours ago, widala said:

First teaser!!!

Are they arguing? Is LSK going to be the "irritated guy" in this new drama? Looks like they are opposite in everything and won't like each other in the beginning. Fingers are crossed for two very nuanced characters and an unusual story. A dash of romance would be welcome, too. :unsure:

https://www.msn.com/ko-kr/entertainment/tv/“이제부터-전쟁이야”검사내전-이선균vs정려원-극과-극-검사-전쟁-예고/ar-AAJUziZ

AAJUA8G.img?h=385&w=270&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

B-roll teaser!

JRW is so cute :wub:

I like this teaser more, to be honest...

More unique and fun

I hope there will be LSK version too

3 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Are they arguing? Is LSK going to be the "irritated guy" in this new drama? Looks like they are opposite in everything and won't like each other in the beginning. Fingers are crossed for two very nuanced characters and an unusual story. A dash of romance would be welcome, too. :unsure:

https://www.msn.com/ko-kr/entertainment/tv/“이제부터-전쟁이야”검사내전-이선균vs정려원-극과-극-검사-전쟁-예고/ar-AAJUziZ

I really hope he won't play as "irritated guy" again.

From the synopsis, Lee Sun Woong seems like an easy going guy... I hope he will smile a lot. I've seen enough his down face in My Ahjussi :D

Seems like they're arguing from their different view of handling a case... Probably, I'm just guessing :lol:

I also hope JRW character won't be annoying, like the type who would argue just for the sake of argument...

13 minutes ago, widala said:

I hope he will smile a lot. I've seen enough his down face in My Ahjussi :D

But I love his serious face, probably even more than his smiling one. :lol:  Actually, I want to see a range of emotions, just like in MA. Hopefully we will get to watch his character go from easygoing to explosive. I've never seen JRW in anything, so it would be a treat to discover her here.

From Dramabeans. They call it "Diary of a Prosecutor." Hope they decide to write weekly recaps.

First script read for slice-of-life legal drama Diary of a Prosecutor

by tineybeanie

lskjrw.jpg

Legal office drama Diary of a Prosecutor recently held its first script read. The cast, led by Lee Seon-kyun (My Ajusshi) and Jung Ryeo-won (Greasy Melo), looks like it had a great time judging by the smiles in these shots.

Unlike the slick and powerful prosecutors featured in Suits, Scandal, and other media representations, the prosecutors of Diary of a Prosecutor are ordinary people who work out of a provincial office and help with everyday crimes like pickpocketing, voice phishing, fights between neighbors, and etc.

It seems like the perfect drama for power duo creator Park Yeon-sun and director Lee Tae-gon to tackle, as they were great with the slice-of-life drama series, Age of Youth and its sequel. At the script read, Director Lee said that he felt strengthened because the project has gathered a solid script and trustworthy actors.

lskjrw2.jpg

As for the characters, Lee Seon-kyun plays a prosecutor with a strong survival instinct. Although he looks carefree and unambitious on the surface, he can pack a punch when he wants to. Meanwhile, Jung Ryeo-won plays an elite prosecutor who has no flaws, but she is somehow sent to the provincial office.

Read more here.

Does this mean Viki has acquired the license? If yes, I am doing the happy dance!! 

https://www.viki.com/tv/36751c-war-of-prosecutors

Soompi translated the first teaser for us, although I find it a bit confusing. They call the show "War of Prosecutors." So many different variations on the title. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1364090wpp/watch-lee-sun-kyun-and-jung-ryeo-won-face-off-in-1st-teaser-poster-for-war-of-prosecutors

Watch: Lee Sun Kyun And Jung Ryeo Won Face Off In 1st Teaser + Poster For “War Of Prosecutors”

Watch: Lee Sun Kyun And Jung Ryeo Won Face Off In 1st Teaser + Poster For “War Of Prosecutors”

Nov 6, 2019
by S. Park

The official poster and teaser for Lee Sun Kyun and Jung Ryeo Won’s new drama have been revealed!

Based on a bestselling book of the same name, JTBC’s “War of Prosecutors” is about the ordinary, daily life of prosecutors.

Lee Sun Kyun portrays prosecutor Lee Sun Woong who works at the Public Prosecutors’ Office in his local district while Jung Ryeo Won appears as elite prosecutor Cha Myung Joo who was rising on the ladder of success at the Central District Prosecutors’ Office before being transferred to a branch office.

The official poster captures Lee Sun Woong and Cha Myung Joo dressed in their prosecutor robes as they walk towards each other. They appear expressionless as they walk straight ahead under the words, “It’s become clear. It’s war.”

War-of-Prosecutors_1.jpg

In the teaser, Lee Sun Kyun says in a voiceover, “To you, prosecutor Cha, it may look as if everyone here is doing nothing all day, but prosecutors at the branch office are prosecutors too.”

Jung Ryeo Won fires back, “I don’t think you’re a leader who can advise me, prosecutor Lee.” He replies, “The cases here are directly connected to someone’s life,” to which she responds, “What would a precious son who was raised without hardship know about survival?”

He states, “There’s no such thing as an impossible case. It all depends on the prosecutor.” She shouts back, “It’s also the role of the prosecutor to decide if it’s an impossible case. Not accepting this and neglecting it is a delinquency of duties.”

Lee Sun Kyun asks, “Prosecutor Cha, do you even have a philosophy as a prosecutor?” and she answers, “Prosecutor Lee, why don’t you reestablish your standards for processing cases?”

He states, “It’s become clear. It’s war.”

“War of Prosecutors” premieres on December 16 at 9:30 p.m. KST, and will be available on Viki! 

Watch a teaser on Viki below!

WATCH NOW

Archived