[Drama 2019-2020] Civil War of Prosecutors, 검사내전

0ly40

Eps 4 was good & very moving  . I like the theme ...prosecutors are really only humans after all & make decisions that are oft times swayed by  emotions & their own prejudices. I think in this eps both LSW & CMJ may have come to understand each other a little better even if they don’t say it . I understand CMJ isn’t an easy person to like . And it was evident in her quest to clear up the cases quickly that she may have not been as thorough. At least that’s what I understand.  But I quite enjoyed the banter & the petty arguments ...

@widala I’m hoping to see her POV as well . At least I think she’s been the way she is because of her family background...she’s had to strive much harder & perhaps LSW’s ideals for her were too lofty. Hence she’s always had a prejudice against him . 

@Lawyerh it’d be nice for a bit of romance. I think they got good chemistry . 
@lu09 ya I can’t wait for next week ! I can imagine he’ll definitely be exasperated with her given that she isn’t the most teachable person.
@icemaid at least this drama isn’t as angsty as our weekender :lol:

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem haha yeah this drama isn't as angsty as that weekender.:P:lol:

I am really enjoying this drama. The leads are so natural! :wub: The supporting cast are doing a wonderful job!

While I love LSW and the motley gang, CMJ is the one I am really curious about. Why is she who she is? So... unlikable?

Can't wait to know her back story and for her to soften a little...and yes a bit of romance down the road won't hurt! :lol:

Me too looking forward to the next episode seeing LSW and CMJ as trainer and trainee! :w00t:

@triplem Yep, can't wait:D

True. The fact that both got on the elevator quietly made it seem like they are starting to understand each other. But then again, both will never admit that lol:lol:

@icemaid We have too many angsty dramas these days:sweatingbullets:. We need a drama like this once in a while:D.

By the way, can anyone explain to me if the ghost story from the first episode is real lol:lol:? I know the fake shaman got the information from the prosecutor in charge of the missing girl's case 5 years ago, but they never said they found the girl so I'm confused :sweatingbullets:

I watched about 20 minutes of episode 1 last night and I almost died laughing. The big wig prosecutor swimming all those kilometers to avoid the police and their politics had me dying. He was certainly resourceful even stopping to eat abalone. I have to continue this evening but I never suspected that this show would have comedy. Writers should take note that this is real comedy rather than what passes for comedy nowadays. 

On 12/26/2019 at 12:22 PM, celebrianna said:

I watched about 20 minutes of episode 1 last night and I almost died laughing. The big wig prosecutor swimming all those kilometers to avoid the police and their politics had me dying. He was certainly resourceful even stopping to eat abalone. I have to continue this evening but I never suspected that this show would have comedy. Writers should take note that this is real comedy rather than what passes for comedy nowadays. 

I started watching yesterday too! I didn't pay any attention to this during premiere week  but after watching the first 2 episodes, I really like the characters the writing. I started to watch episode 3 only to realize it wasn't fully subbed. I'm glad I gave this a try! 

Finally watched episode 3. It took two attempts as I fell asleep the first time. My own fault for starting a watch when I was already exhausted. What a relief to find the drama still very funny and fresh. I thought the drops in ratings pointed to a big drop in story-telling quality, but it was did not seem to be the case. Maybe the slight episodic format and the focus on characters didn't work well for the local audience. 

Pro Kim was the scene stealer this episode. Poor boy! Two failed blind dates already. Well, we were given a lot of hints that Mi-ran seems to like him, so I am sure these two would eventually become an item. I wonder if he would be reprimanded by Prosecutor Cha for almost letting a national con artist escape right under his nose. That was a big deal!

Jung Ryeo Won's back to playin' a lawyer.

Her constant one upmanship against Sun Kyun's character make for some funny dialogue but it gets old fast. I just wished they both come to a compromise & check their egos aside. 

I can't get over fact that Kim Kwang Gyu has on a wig here LoL! This is Jung Jae Sung's third drama with a former cast mate from My Mister. The other was Joseon Flower Crew. 

Finally watched episode 4. I think so far it was the best by a mile. The cases itself were more personal and they also showed more of the prosecutor's personalities. Far better than the "haha 2 old men squarrel about that woman" case. 

Any ideas who the restaurant owner is?

And i dont think his date is ever going to work out haha. Maybe he should look around more closely... :>

Episode 4 recaps from Dramabeans

Prosecutors may work under the same laws, but there’s a lot of room for interpretation in their jobs. People are messy and their situations often complicated, so each case requires you to make judgments. You can try to be objective, but your own life experience and perspective informs your decisions more than you may realize. And when you’re a prosecutor, that can have serious repercussions.

Full here

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/diary-of-a-prosecutor-episode-4/

Spoiler

https://kimcheeguesthouse.com/tongyeong-the-naples-of-korea/ 

This drama is going to kill me. Have you noticed the food served in the episodes? Did you know that Tongyeong which they call Jinyeong has the best oysters in Korea? And South Korea is the world's 2nd largest oyster producer? I am totally slain. Totally. I am so going to visit there after Dajeon on my next trip.

The location is totally distracting me for this drama. And the actors have been eating the best food for their food scenes. Bet the cast won't be complaining about their location meals there.

And oh, the drama? Been busy with Christmas so only onto ep 3. I am loving it so far. The 2nd hand embarrassment factor is so high I am dying watching it.

And been totally distracted by the actor wearing a toupee and being a senior prosecutor. The Spiderman analogy is the best  Korean- Line scene I have ever seen. I was rolling dying from laughing at how true it is.

Happy new year! :star:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1374667wpp/jung-ryeo-won-lee-sun-gyun-and-more-show-dedication-and-positive-energy-on-the-set-of-war-of-prosecutors

Jung Ryeo Won, Lee Sun Gyun, And More Show Dedication And Positive Energy On The Set Of “War Of Prosecutors”

Jan 1, 2020
by S. Park

War of Prosecutors” did not air this week, but kept fans in the loop with new behind-the-scenes photos!

Onscreen rivals Lee Sun Gyun and Jung Ryeo Wonare at each other’s throats in the drama, but are all smiles when the cameras aren’t rolling. Each episode of “War of Prosecutors” includes mouthwatering scenes of mukbang (eating broadcast), and the members of the second criminal division appear focused on the delicious food in front of them.

Some delicious dishes that have appeared in the drama so far include eel soup, pasta, oysters, black bean noodles, and spicy seafood noodle soup. The combination of these eating scenes and the amazing acting skills of Lee Sun Gyun, Jung Ryeo Won, Lee Sung Jae, Kim Kwang Kyu, Lee Sang Hee, and Jeon Sung Woo have resulted in iconic scenes every Monday and Tuesday night.

A source from the drama said, “The set is always overflowing with laughter. The actors not only perfectly portray their characters, but also do their best at all times, including the mukbang. The actors’ passion and cheerful energy are adding to the immersion of the drama.”

The source added, “‘War of Prosecutors’ is resting for a week. We hope you’ll spend a warm end of 2019 with your family, and please look forward to ‘War of Prosecutors,’ which will return next week with realistic mukbang and fun, unique stories.”

The next episode of “War of Prosecutors” airs on January 6 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Archived