[Drama 2020] Sweet Home, 스위트홈

0ly40

Starting the binge. Currently ep 2. I don't know about you but liking it!.  Netflix is not known for CGI it does the  terrifc job with bloody gore.  The cast though Lee Do Hyun, Song Kang, Go Min Si, Park Kyu Young, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Shi Young and other supporting cast.  Thumbs up.

I want to post a lot of screen shots fron netz twtz..  but later back to  binge first.

cr@

cr@

Yes. From the guys who did the Mr. Sunshine... Lee Eung Bok. (So we can also expect good cinematography with upcoming drama Jirisan)

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

Still on a binge. The cast. The supporting cast. The acting skills of Song Kang Lee Do Hyun and Go Min Si.

Song Kang's acting! Did somebody say breakout role?!  He did good here.  I'm actually not a fan of his but I can appreciate improve and good acting.

OMG. How about Kdrama adaptation of Killing Stalking! Imagine Sangwoo!

And Go Min Si.... I like her acting from Hundred Millions Stars from the Sky to Secret Boutique. And now this.

She kinda  reminds in the mold Moon Chae Woon

Spoiler

Women on this drama  thumbs up. Strong kick*ss and bad*ss. Park Kyu Young. Lee Si Young.

On and yeah nost be fangirling for LDH and SK  But me.... Lee Jin Wook hot!

• Like 2

The four main women  of Sweet Home are terrific in their character poortrayals. They're so bad*ss kick*ss. 

And Go Min Si... Like the 'it' girl.  She has the acting skills too. She played Lee Eun Yoo in this drama. I notice with other dramas HMSFTS  and Secret Boutique and now this drama, her character is that of gritty young woman yet fragile inside

This screenshot was the episode when there was flashback how her child died and the she was talking to the monster.

Supporting cast in this drama fantastic.  Gotta appreciate them.

The two child actors who plays sibligns.. impressive acting. I don't know the name of the child actor who played the big sister to the little brother but ..they're darn good. The scene when they had to keep quiet but cannot stop trembling and tears leaking from their eyes.

And that fit body of Lee Si Young!   She's lit. I'm gonna share screenshots of netz later..

"LEE SI YOUNG DESERVES AN AWARD!!!! she played her character soooo well in kdrama Sweet Home. her athletic body, her acting skill, her martial art skill, she is so d perfect" - twt@zehra

Spoiler

"no words can describe how amazing she is, she ate this scene up" - twt@chuuzxy

Spoiler

Sharing these screen shots credit to owners. 4 more eps to binge.

• Like 2

And I totally understand the sentiments especially from those who have read the webtoon.  But Sweet home is good drama adapation with the cast, supporting cast the cinematography and acting isi terrific.

Lee Eung Bok praise. I just realise now he was aksi the one who did the "Secret Love" (satrring Ji Sung and HJE) and a favorite special drama  of mine "We All Cry Differently".

cr@

cr@

cr@

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

You gotta watch  Sweet Home to appreciate them actors.

Lee Jin Wook has less screen time but..oppa! His character's like that because something heinous happened to his daughter. He's got no mercy on the other man.

Lee Do Hyun always gives us the hyung and in control and steady vibe. His character Eun Hyuk  the leader.. always feels like the Hyung to Song Kang's Hyun Soo and even in real life. Lee Do Hyun has this quiet impressive acting.. can't wait for his next drama.

Song Kang in this drama tho'

"song kang really nailed his character, it flabbergast me, he deserve several awards for this " twt@sinodawauke

Spoiler

"definitely song kang's best drama performance. he gave off a vibe that is not too similar with the webtoon but not too different either. give him awards for this" cr: twt@zygmaud:

aka....forget love alarm :lol::D

Spoiler

• Like 2

When someone said Sweet Home could be "groundbreaking role" role and I said..  a breakut role. similar to PBG.  I look back to that  2016 Drama I Remember You/Hello Monster where I was just in awe of Park Bogum acting pyscho and all and in that drama, and throughout I keep saying he deserves to win an award (and I'm waiting to for him to do another pyscho drama.. not cutesy one)

The point is  Song Kang in this drama deserves the praises him and lee do hyun and all the cast actors. And the  drama itself.  I read somewhere there will be Season 2? I'm fine even without Seaso 2

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So I randomly watched this the other day - I knew nothing about it and wow; it was a great show! I pray for season 2!

I was impressed by all the actors (esp. Song Kang and Lee Jin Wook) and soooo many good actors!! Also, all the incredible female characters, plot points, character developments, cinematography and while it got gory and a bit too violent, I was sooooooo invested in the main characters. I do think the OST was a mess and didn’t quite fit at some parts. 

Spoiler

This made me cried so hard multiple times, especially near the end there!!! I haven’t cried this hard over drama characters’ death in a long time!!! And that ending left me with some questions and theories. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1

Actually  The author's other webtoon "B*stard"is the best but is much  dark mature pyscho disturbing one about bullying and serial killer. Doutb if Netflix will delve into adapting  for a drama.  Maybe OCN.   So...can we also have Killing Stalking or POTN adaptation? highly doutb though.

But Sweet Home has that commercial appeal.. and it's definitely a hit. Deserved! I like it much! The purist ones don't but we watch for own pleasure. I waited for more than year.  The acting was beyond I was expectind. Thumbs up to the cast and supporting ones.

"Hit Director Lee Eung-Bok Unleashes K-Drama Monsters In ‘Sweet Home’ "

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2020/12/17/hit-director-lee-eung-bok-unleashes-k-drama-monsters-in-sweet-home/?sh=130e63cc62ef

"Netflix's 'Sweet Home' soars in streaming ranking worldwide "

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/12/398_301508.html

"Netflix Series Review: “Sweet Home” Is A Monster Hit!"

http://horrorfuel.com/2020/12/27/netflix-series-review-sweet-home-is-a-monster-hit/

"Sweet Home: A Horror Webtoon Comic of the Moment"

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/sweet-home-a-horror-webtoon-comic-of-the-moment/

All of them! The women of Sweet Home and there's even more and they're good!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anneyeong everyone. I am new here. I was just finished marathon this drama in 1 day on Netflix. I really love it. Watching while wearing earphone make the scenes feels so real. I firstly watched it as I am fan of Lee Do Hyun. But after watching it I feel in love with all the characters and the story is very interesting. Some scenes made me cries while some make me gaps my mouth or making my eyes widen big.But the ending kinda left me hanging with some questions.  Why the firefighter lady wearing black uniform like the army? and wasn't the gangster guy supposed to be dead. Sorry I don't really know the story line well as I didn't read the webtoon.I hope there will be season 2 of Sweet Home. Have a nice day everyone.

.a3d2e615cef74fb1feb1fea3a5623a848245667f

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Sweet Home, 스위트홈 - Song Kang, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Si Young & Lee Do Hyun - NOW on Netflix
  • 1 month later...
On 1/5/2021 at 10:08 PM, Killa92 said:

Anneyeong everyone. I am new here. I was just finished marathon this drama in 1 day on Netflix. I really love it. Watching while wearing earphone make the scenes feels so real. I firstly watched it as I am fan of Lee Do Hyun. But after watching it I feel in love with all the characters and the story is very interesting. Some scenes made me cries while some make me gaps my mouth or making my eyes widen big.But the ending kinda left me hanging with some questions.  Why the firefighter lady wearing black uniform like the army? and wasn't the gangster guy supposed to be dead. Sorry I don't really know the story line well as I didn't read the webtoon.I hope there will be season 2 of Sweet Home. Have a nice day everyone.

Just finished watching Sweet Home, overall a good drama, loving the action scenes and excellent acting by ALL the casts! @Killa92 i think the firefighter woman went back to the special operations division (she was there before she went over to be a firefighter) to look for her missing fiancé who was involved in this experimental project. I think the guy who was fighting with cha hyun soo went into the body of the gangster guy, hence teasing us for a season 2. Though i agree some parts seems to be missing,,,,e.g how did Cha Hyn Soo managed to fight off all the soldiers and why did Lee Eun Hyuk had to remain in the house and "sacrifice" himself?? those were some of the questions that left me puzzled, but nevertheless, this drama is quite a fast paced and suspenseful.

Quite worth to watch if your not afraid of gore or monsters....though i felt that the last few episodes had a shift towards mainly focusing on the survivors and their survival. Also, quite shocked that they killed off a few main characters quite suddenly. Just when you think the worst is over...Wham...:sweat_smile:

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Sweet Home, 스위트홈
  • 5 weeks later...

I'll be honest and confess I have no idea what is Baesang award. I hope it's not a popularity award. I want to always see actors win because of their acting. not because they're popular.

Best new actor and both SK and LDH  got nominated. I'm not SK fan,   I like LDH more. But I hope SK wins. He gave terrific and impressive acting with his character in Sweet Home despite the genre.

I hope he wins.

• 1 month later...

I'm more of into  Lee Do Hyun.. bu  if you watch Sweet Home.. Song Kang  deserves that Best New Actor. Terrific acting.

EDIT:   first award goes to......LDY won Best New Actor for 18 Again? But that's fine. I like him and his acting. But I've never that drama.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hadn't seen the webtoon first and went into this cold without knowing what it was about and WOW, it was the weirdest k-drama I have ever seen (so far anyway). I love Song Kang's wounded little boy expression in this. My one criticism- why is there so much of that one Imagine Dragons song?!

• 10 months later...

I'm not sure if there's another thread or a new one .. if there is please let me know so can post there but anyway.. there's  Season 2 of Sweet Home???

I was looing what Kim Moo Yeol was up to with his dramas and the tweet showed up..

I saw the cast and I'm Kim Moo Yeol???!!!!  Oh Jung Se????!!!! Yes sirrr! I'm in! like really these two fine  good actors? Okay,  gotta watch this! have to! I mean  I like the adaptation of 2020 Sweet Home! (of course webtoon is and "B*stard"- the author's other work is best) but me looking at the cast, okay so it's not a drama where best (supporting) actors talent can be fully utilize.

But despite the genre, SK was actuall terrific in his character.  Yeah only on this #sorrynotsorry. Showed he can act despite this being monster/cgi genre. But - yes I only like him in this drama. I haven't seen any other drama of his except for  "When The Devil Calls Your Name".

You can tell I like the drama fom all my post.  I've seen the 2020 Sweet Home that's enough for me :D

But look at that cast. I'm pretty sure I'll watch for the cast. :lol:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1530975wpp/sweet-home-confirms-returning-cast-for-seasons-2-and-3-jung-jinyoung-oh-jung-se-and-more-to-join

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...