Sweet-Home.jpeg

Network: Netflix

Episodes: 10

Genre: SuspenseThrillerMysteryPsychological

Airdate: December 18th, 2020

Directors: Lee Eung Bok

Based on webtoon: Sweet Home

Story:

The story of a high school student who becomes traumatized after being bullied in school and never leaves his room. He loses his family and moves to a new apartment, and strange and mysterious things begin to happen to him. A story of growth that follows the lead character as he tries to save people who have changed into monsters because of greed and begins to change his pessimistic view of society.

Cast:

Song Kang in Sweet Home Korean Drama (2020)

Song Kang as Cha Hyun Soo

He is a high school student who loses his family and experiences terrifying situations when he moves away to a different apartment.

Lee Jin Wook in Sweet Home Korean Drama (2020)
Lee Jin Wook as Pyeon Sang Wook / Wook Pyeon
Lee Shi Young in Sweet Home Korean Drama (2020)
Lee Shi Young as Seo Yi Kyung
Park Kyu Young in Sweet Home Korean Drama (2020)
Park Kyu Young as Yoon Ji Soo
Lee Do Hyun in Sweet Home Korean Drama (2020)
Lee Do Hyun as Lee Eun Hyuk / Hyuk Lee
Go Min Shi in Sweet Home Korean Drama (2020)
 Go Min Shi as Lee Eun Yoo / Eun Lee

Posters:
Song-Kang-6-1.jpeg
Lee-Jin-Wook1.jpeg
Lee-Si-Young.jpeg

Teaser:

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming drama 2019] Sweet Home, 스위트홈 - Song Kang

Finally. I've been waiting for a thread! Thanks Oly. This is good pyscho thriller webtoon. I thought "Bastard" (webtoon author's other story) would be the first one to be adapted but guess that's more darker.  But this is good one. I actually wanted Seo Young Joo to be main lead but it's okay.  I guess 25 yr old  actor can still play HS . Song Kang in demand. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 3:05 PM, jongski said:

Finally. I've been waiting for a thread! Thanks Oly. This is good pyscho thriller webtoon. I thought "Bastard" (webtoon author's other story) would be the first one to be adapted but guess that's more darker.  But this is good one. I actually wanted Seo Young Joo to be main lead but it's okay.  I guess 25 yr old  actor can still play HS . Song Kang in demand. 

I wanted "Bastard" to be adapted first:bawling:........ That was the best webtoon I have ever read. But just like you said chingu, it's way too darker lol:lol:

• Like 3

This casting was reported already April 5, 2019. And we are to stay tune for more updates. 

I read in some article last month Go Min Si is going to be part of this drama too. She's also part of Love Alarm with Song Kang. If you're not familiar.. she's the abused girl in  Hundred Million Stars in the sky kdrama version.. I like her acting.

8 hours ago, lu09 said:

I wanted "Bastard" to be adapted first:bawling:........ That was the best webtoon I have ever read. But just like you said chingu, it's way too darker lol:lol:

I know right! "Bastard" the first one by author   Kim Carnby Hwang Youngchan  best one. I don't think kdrama is ready for the story. 14 yr old boy and a serial killer.. but this is just as good.

@Jillia thanks for updates.

Song Kang will play Main charact "Cha Hyun"

Go Min Si- I think will play "Yun Jisu"

I'm guessing Lee Jun Wook character will that of |"Wook Pyeon"

Lee Do Hyun character will be that of 'Lee Hyuk" character

For everyone interested in "Sweet Home" to have an idea of what you're going to watch,  you can check the webtoon from webtoon sites.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to confess. Real talk. I don't feel the lead charisma. I watch WDCYN, he's ok. I'm not convinced though. The male lead got to be terrific in acting as this could be breakout drama esp how the character is. This webtoon is pyscho awesome.

I'm going to check this as I've been curious since I've read there will be an adaptation. :pensive:

• Like 2

Looking for updates. I'm confused who's the male lead. Is it Song Kang or Lee Do Hyun ( no idea who he is). Of course I have mentioned already who I wanted ( w/c is neither the boys) but it's okay as long as it's good as the webtoon plus acting directing writing.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Actor that young enough to play as high schooler but has a great acting, I'll vote for Yeo Jin Goo  for this.

I love Song Kang in Love Alarm and I think he's just perfect for the role but for this one I am not sure. I haven't read the webtoon yet but looks like the role is so dark and I'm nervous can Song Kang deliver it. I really hope that he can make a break through with it, well I guess he already did with Love Alarm though :D

I heard the Female lead would be the girl as Jojo cousin in Love Alarm, and it turn me off. I think she's so lack of acting, I hope she would do a great job in this drama.

• Like 3

@parksooha

48 minutes ago, parksooha said:

Actor that young enough to play as high schooler but has a great acting, I'll vote for Yeo Jin Goo  for this.

I love Song Kang in Love Alarm and I think he's just perfect for the role but for this one I am not sure. I haven't read the webtoon yet but looks like the role is so dark and I'm nervous can Song Kang deliver it. I really hope that he can make a break through with it, well I guess he already did with Love Alarm though :D

I heard the Female lead would be the girl as Jojo cousin in Love Alarm, and it turn me off. I think she's so lack of acting, I hope she would do a great job in this drama.

I didn't watch LA but I like the lead actress from her previous drama Hundred  Million Stars from the Sky Korean remake. She's good there. But of course that was dark thriller- compared to the rom-com youth love alarm.

For the actor. The character  in this drama is a high school boy so I wanted Seo Young Joo or Nam Da Reum or Yoon Chan Young. These are all teen actors. SYJ is about 19 I think. Well hopefully we get more update for this drama because  this webtoob is good one.it's psycho thriller.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jongski said:

@parksooha

I didn't watch LA but I like the lead actress from her previous drama Hundred  Million Stars from the Sky Korean remake. She's good there. But of course that was dark thriller- compared to the rom-com youth love alarm.

For the actor. The character  in this drama is a high school boy so I wanted Seo Young Joo or Nam Da Reum or Yoon Chan Young. These are all teen actors. SYJ is about 19 I think. Well hopefully we get more update for this drama because  this webtoob is good one.it's psycho thriller.

I vote Nam Da Reum too!! I think that he would be a great actor

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

When will we get updates from tvN?! Is it going to be Song Kang or Lee Do Hyun. SK name has been attached to this long before LDH came into the picture.

For me. I agree with the below. And acting wise too.

Plus LDH has that mean cold hard quiet scary stare. Check below to see the counter par characters whch actor  to who's character.

cr: as tag.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for updates for this.

Okay. I'm going to answer my own question I guess.   Song Kang aand Go Min Si reported cast since since April 2019. ( They both appeared in Love Alarm) Song Kang will be the main lead Cha Hyun.  This webtoon adaptation has  been reported as early as Arpil 2019 anyway. Even before Love Alarm. He's got more of the boyish looks and and tne main character in this drama gets bullied. Lee Do Hyun was added in the middle of Hotel De Luna and same with Lee Jin Wook.

cr: namooactors

EEGciItVAAEN_ih.jpg

Huh. Netflix? So this will be pre produced. I bet.  Please I don't like when it's with Netflix. Don't like Korean Youth dramas in Netflix. I didn't even watch the Ji Soo's 2 seasons Netflix youth drama.  I also didn't watch Love Alarm and I don't think I'll watch that Nam Joo Hyuk upcoming Netflix drama too. I'm just interested in this because I like the webtoon and it's a pyscho thriller not like rom-com.

• Like 2

Song Kang as Cha Hyun-soo
Park Gyu-young as Yoon Ji-su
Lee Jin-wook as Pyun Sang-uk
Go Yun-jeong as Park Yuri
Lee Do-hyun as Lee Eun-hyuk
Go Min-si as Lee Eun-yu
Kim Gap-soo as Ahn Gil-seop
Kim Nam-hee as Jung Jae-heon

• Like 5

Yey for Go Min Si. I actually like her and the acting She was in tvN  drama 'Live' then another tvN drama  K-version of  'Hundred Million Stars From The Sky.' Then she was cast in 'Love Alarm' and is currently appearing in 'Secret Boutique.'

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming drama 2020] Sweet Home, 스위트홈 - Song Kang, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Si Young & Lee Do Hyun

Btw, Lee DoHyun and Go MinSi will play siblings. And this wil be 2nd time for Song Kang and  Go MinSi. They were both in Love Alarm.. yeah from Netflix too. I didn't watch it though.

This better be good as the webtoon! It's a pyscho thriller mystery suspense.

Summary

It tells the bizarre story of a high school student who is a loner hurt by school bullying. He lost his family and is forced to leave his home. In the outside world, he will try to stop people from becoming monsters. The story is emerging from a pessimist view of society.

Song-Kang-as-Cha-HyunSoo-sweet-home.jpg

Song Kang as Cha HyunSoo (Room 1410)

Cha HyunSoo is a high school student. He is lost his family and is left all by himself. He has a history of self-harm and refuses to go to school.

Source:  https://www.kpopmap.com/sweet-home-2019-drama-cast-summary/

*To see the cast and their characters  and the webtoon counter part, click the link above

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see from my posts I've been waiting for this..forever. Since last year!

Song Kang talking about his character for upcoming drama adaptation of Sweet Home.  One of my favorite manhwa webtoon.   Like I said this webtoon is pyscho thriller. Song Kang's lead character requires emotional acting,  excellent acting and  I hope we see that in him ( along with  Lee Do Hyun).

Also excited to see Go Min Si again  after Secret Botique. 

I'll just  post the Sweet Home content only.

cr: https://www.soompi.com/article/1389221wpp/song-kang-talks-about-filming-love-alarm-2-how-his-personality-changed-while-filming-sweet-home

As for “Sweet Home,” a drama based on a popular thriller webtoon that wrapped filming, Song Kang said, “I cried as much as I wanted to and got angry if I wanted to be angry as Hyun Soo. In the past, I used to internally agonize over things, but I now say what needs to be said. I changed a lot while filming ‘Sweet Home.'”

Song-Kang_2.jpg

After adding that he was nervous when he first started acting, Song Kang added, “I only see the other actor when I’m immersed in my emotions as my character and am standing in that role. I’m not nervous anymore about expressing myself when acting or shooting a pictorial."

Song-Kang_3.jpg

Song Kang’s pictorial and interview can be found in the April issue of Arena magazine.

Source (1)

• Like 2

Can we at least have script reading pics. I want to see the poster too. How about a teaser?

cr:

This is a pyscho thriller adaptation. I mentioned previous posts it better be as good as the webtoon. 

Off topic: 

Soo many kdramas are now based on webtoon. But most are the rom-com-sci-fi/seinern ones.  Imagine if KS or POTN or BJA or  Lover Boy are made into kdrama.  But then again, they'd have to modify and remove a lot and will ruin an excellent webtoon.

So most of what's mentioned below are currently showing.  I still don''t know when  Sweet Home will premier.

cr:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing the tweets..like netz only found out? it's been reported since July 2019 ( thanks for the thread, oly and jillia) but there was no hype about it. (only to those who've read the webtoon were hype I guess). And as you can see I'm hype about this.. hence all the post. This webtoon is rgood pyscho suspence thriller.  I would've have wanted and actually expected author's other work "B*stard" to be one adapated but that one itoo dark  and will  have to be for audience with mature scenes. But Sweet Home is high school suspense thriller. And like as mentioned  this better be good like the webtoon. Heck they're spending  so much.. it better be. I don't want to be disappointed.

So it's reported that this webtoon adaptation is high budget  for Netflix. Spending that much for production?

This was supposed to air I think 2019 but will be aired 2020..sometime.

cr@

cr@

cr@