[Drama 2020] Sweet Home, 스위트홈

0ly40

• 1 month later...

Sharing news  and info I can get for the drama adaptation. When will this be shown.. I don't know....yet.

There's not even a teaser. Hello Netflix?!

This drama is from Lee Eung Bok the one who did Mr. Sunshine, DOTS, Goblin, Secret Love, School 2013, Dream High and one  my fav drama specials We All Cry Differently.  (cr: asianwiki)

This is webtoon Manwha from Kim Carnby, Hwang Young-Chan. If you're into webtoon manwha for sure you've heard of this. You can read it first while waiting for the drama. 

EatRkWqXkAAvwyP?format=jpg&name=medium

scap cto via twitter

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Sweet Home, 스위트홈 - Song Kang, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Si Young & Lee Do Hyun
  • 3 months later...

I'm a fan of this webtoon, i hope they do a an adaptation as faithful as possible, with all the special effects and the plot. Please don't make Hyun a pretty boy because he isn't, and for Hyuk, he's hella smart and calculating but with an aura of charisma and a leader too, so they really need to work with the webtoon creator(s) for this to turn out as amazing and chilling as the original webtoon. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For realz?! Finally doing publicity photos? News about manwha Sweet Home being adapted to the small screen started April 2019. We're almost into the 2021 and still....waiting. 

trans:  Cast of the original Netflix drama  Sweet Home  in photoshoot for advertising material. Industry sources say the premiere is in December, with a full season.

I wonder if this is recent.

cr:@

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Sweet Home, 스위트홈 - Song Kang, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Si Young & Lee Do Hyun - Premieres on December 18th

For that long almost two year wait. This better be good! Expensive production an all. TBH, I don't expect it to match  the webtoon but I'm hoping to at least it be par to the webtoon. I'm excited!! Finally!!

@Jillia Thanks for the photos :wub:

Off topic... sorry.  indulge. 

Boy..  Perhaps I can request for Painter of the Night adaptation?  Yes? Okay. Not gonna happen I know... but wth. Just wishful thinking. Imagine KS as kdrama too... that'll be too much. 

@Jilliathanks much! :thumbsup:

I'm hype  for this. I have been waiting as you can see from previous posts. Finally the posters the teaser! I hype this so much you better  deliver like the webtoon cos the that is effing amazing. The author's other webtoon "RickRoll'D" is  more dark derange more mature.. is a fav but this one  hella good. Netflix spent million for this. Expecting it to be "grips the table" kind of drama.

---------

Btw,  Go Min Si  who plays Lee Eun Yoo  with these two leading men.  Song Kang 3rd time now.  Then with Lee Do Hyun   here and up coming drama  for 2021 -Youth of May (not sure if confirmed) leading role.  Good for her so it'll  be 2nd time. She's also in Mt. Jirisan.. of course same director of Sweet Home.  She's good in  I've watched her  HMSFTS and Secret Botique and she's good.

" Humans are turning into savage monsters in this thrilling survival show from Asia." This is the description of Sweet Home from Netflix.  I always thought that a survival show is a reality show, if there is such a thing. And I don't know about the webtoon but this will be the third one or so of this kind in kdrama this year. Zombies, vampires, monsters. If it had  come out first, when it was suppose to, it would have been the first. What genre is this? Does this time leap too? This time leap genre seems so popular these days. December 18th isn't too far to get the answer(s).

• Like 1

So there.... Lee Do Hyun and Go Min Si play siblings here. 

cr@

Haven't watch any Lee Jin Wook drama  for a while now. I'm glad he's got this one.

cr@

cr@

OT: @Jillia can we post IG pics again or no? link is oka  right? IG post related to this drama. Tnx.

cr@

This a high budget expensive one for Netflix.  If  check previous  page you'll see how much they spend and went all out for this one.  The long wait and the expensive cost plus the true to form with webtoon should be in this adaptation. Although I read somewhere Kim Carnby (author)  wanted a different ending for the drama.

cr@

cr@

Like "breakout" role for him? I remember when Park Bogum did the psycho drama I Remember You aka Hello Monster. Which I think was his breakout role. Excellet acting there. So who knows. This could also be Sonng Kang's but the monsters  probably gonna be he star of this drama

• Like 2

Make sure to check under your bed for monsters. Another drama not to watch before bedtime.

Blood, knives, hammers, knives on a sticks; this drama seems to have it all. The one actress looks like she's been working out at the gym lifting weights. Buff

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Sweet Home, 스위트홈 - Song Kang, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Si Young & Lee Do Hyun - NOW on Netflix
40 minutes ago, agenth said:

I can see my weekend down the drain .... :D

I'm shocked by the expensive production. Hopefully the money translates well onto screen haha. 

@brooksmom @agenth Exactly. With the budget fork out for this and  a year and half in the making. The webtoon itself really good. Going to catch the premiere  on the weekend.

Let me know what you think of this drama if you've seen the premier @joccu@Jillia and everyone else who's interested.  :)

Good too see LJW  with a drama again.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 6:38 AM, joccu said:

@jongski  i have watched the first 3 episode. going watch the rest tomorrow.  for me this is not that scary but i have liked so far.

@joccu Thanks for the input. I finally have rest day so I'm gona binge.  As sually the case, the webtoon is awesome.. but when adpated to small screen.. it feels different.  Like for analogy it's  akin to adapating  good books into  movie and it's always not same type of good as compared to that book.. so this is similiar in a way, I feel.

11 hours ago, topazeyedgirl said:

Just finished the whole series. The last episodes made me cry my eyes out. The ost was on point. The storyline is not the typical one of the gente. But I really really enjoyed it. Much more than I was expecting!

I'm excited th binge and enjoy.

• Like 1

Reviews for Sweet Home. Wanted to share. Reviews of any dramas doesn't and has never inlfuenced my descion to watch or skip  but it's good gauge  to see how the drama is perceive.

The manhwa is really good  awesomeness as mentioned but when adapted to screen as drama (for those who have read it) fall shorts. It's not the same.  I've not seen it episodes yet..let me see if my sentiments will be the same. :)

https://decider.com/2020/12/18/sweet-home-netflix-review/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/sweet_home/s01

cr@

• Like 1