Episodes: 40
Broadcast Date: 7/24/2019

Cast:

Harry Hu

Connie Kang

Justin Zhao

Arthur Su

Synopsis:

To like someone is to love lightly while to love someone is to like deeply. There is one person in this world and in this life whom you will love deeply. This is a realistic story of healing.
Zheng Ding Ding and her boyfriend Chen Xun have been dating for years. For the sake of love, she has on many occasions set aside her dream to design pet toys because she was wholly devoted to her boyfriend. When she realizes that he has not gotten over his ex-girlfriend, Zheng Ding Ding decides to give up on their unjust relationship. 
Surgeon Ning Wei Jin has readily stayed by Ding Ding's side as he encourages her to pursue her dreams. He has liked Ding Ding for some time but was rejected when he opened up about his feelings as she wanted to focus on her career. Ning Wei Jin doesn't give up and Ding Ding unwittingly begins to reciprocate a mutual attraction. However, problems with their work and family get in the way to test the couple as they fight for their love. 

Cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes or read the novel yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Love is Deep 浅情人不知 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @angelangie l LavelyShai

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love is Deep 浅情人不知

I am loving this drama a lot! The drama is now being released with English subs on the offical yt-channel. So far there are 6 eps out...but I watched ahead without subs and am loving the way their relationship develops.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:33 PM, Asgarla said:

I am loving this drama a lot! The drama is now being released with English subs on the offical yt-channel. So far there are 6 eps out...but I watched ahead without subs and am loving the way their relationship develops.

Thank you for the heads up!

I like this drama. The male lead has unique features he somewhat resembles his pet cat (adorable btw) The female lead look slightly pan-asian? She's way too skinny though. Actually most C-actresses are really skinny. 

Quite interesting how the two meet LoL. He's her ob-gyn & has already seen her naked... well half naked that is:phew:;) His sister approves:D As it is there's always an interfering second female lead<_<:rolleyes: 

Thanks to TenCent for the swift YouTube uploads and English subs.  I wasn't expecting it but I am actually loving this drama.  I love both the male and female lead. Dingding behaves like a normal person, has hopes, ambitions and doubts. I thought we would have to watch episodes of her being taken advantage of by her ex but I am so happy she saw the light from the first episode and  left him.  I like the subplot of her pursuing her dream and I want her business to be successful.  Ning Wei Jin is a great male lead is too - he is smart, adorably awkward and dedicated.  I love seeing his interactions with all the people around him from his straightforward interaction with the female lead to his exasperation with his little sister and his cat. I could have done without the childhood trope but I suppose it helps explain why he fell for her sooo fast and DingDing and Wei Jing have excellent chemistry so it works.

Even the antagonists are not 2-dimensional bad guys and have some depth to them.  In fact all the supporting characters are interesting and well-acted.

Storyline is interesting and I think the filming style and cinematography is really attractive too.  There are some beautifully filmed and lit scenes or things are shot from a slightly different angle than you would expect.  You can tell the director really made an effort and it's a cut above the typical webdrama style.

13 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I like this drama. The male lead has unique features he somewhat resembles his pet cat (adorable btw) The female lead look slightly pan-asian? She's way too skinny though. Actually most C-actresses are really skinny. 

Quite interesting how the two meet LoL. He's her ob-gyn & has already seen her naked... well half naked that is:phew:;) His sister approves:D As it is there's always an interfering second female lead<_<:rolleyes: 

He definitely has slightly feline features but still good looking.  She is very skinny but that's unfortunately the trend with C-drama actresses these days.

LOL! It was definitely an interesting first meeting for sure.  The synopsis did not explain he was her consultant. :lol:

Does anyone know what type of cat Wei Jin and his sister have?  I am not huge cat person but I think this kitty is adorable.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thank you so much for identifying!  From your profile pic I guess you are a cat person :lol: I'm going to go and find some YouTube videos of them.

Haha, guilty as charged. I am a cat person. And I totally started watching this drama because it had cats in the plot summary. :lol:  (And also because the actor playing the male lead was in Gank Your Heart, which I loved.)

(sigh) Idk if Ding2 is just nice or naïve or both. She's just too available(?) to Chen Xun, I mean this would not be OK with any decent bf! She's lucky Dr. Ning is understanding. I mean he's got that clingy ex who's with him 24/7. I hate that her colleague keeps bringing up Ding2 everytime Cheng Pin has a crisis. She left , suck it up & learn the job ffs. Geez<_<

Then there's the annoying lady doc who just find every opportunity to talk smack 'bout Ding2:rolleyes: Lady get over yourself & move on. 'Cause you just look bitter , pitiful & petty rn. The actress look masculine doesn't she LoL?:P

The other is the plastic surgeon who's like the eternal man-child he should also give up on the lady doc & get together with Xuan already. Both are forever teenagers anyway so they're very compatible:D 

@raziela

For some reason the cat reminds me of the grumpy cat??:w00t:

@themarchioness

Ah thanks for that info, I mean judging by your avatar it's not surprising;) I'm more a dog person but I'm not averse to cats. Some men have described me to be a cat or share it's characteristics ha-ha. I do agree with the independent , slightly loner aspects of cats but I feel like they're meaning it to be something negative which I hope not<_< Typical of men:P   

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love is Deep 浅情人不知
On 8/19/2019 at 5:50 AM, themarchioness said:

Haha, guilty as charged. I am a cat person. And I totally started watching this drama because it had cats in the plot summary. :lol:  (And also because the actor playing the male lead was in Gank Your Heart, which I loved.)

:lol: Oh yes!  I know you are the Gank Your Heart champion too lol!

On 8/21/2019 at 6:25 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

@raziela

For some reason the cat reminds me of the grumpy cat??:w00t:

He reminds me of Grumpy Cat (RIP) too 

On 8/21/2019 at 6:25 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

(sigh) Idk if Ding2 is just nice or naïve or both. She's just too available(?) to Chen Xun, I mean this would not be OK with any decent bf! She's lucky Dr. Ning is understanding. I mean he's got that clingy ex who's with him 24/7. I hate that her colleague keeps bringing up Ding2 everytime Cheng Pin has a crisis. She left , suck it up & learn the job ffs. Geez<_<

Then there's the annoying lady doc who just find every opportunity to talk smack 'bout Ding2:rolleyes: Lady get over yourself & move on. 'Cause you just look bitter , pitiful & petty rn. The actress look masculine doesn't she LoL?:P

The other is the plastic surgeon who's like the eternal man-child he should also give up on the lady doc & get together with Xuan already. Both are forever teenagers anyway so they're very compatible:D 

*sigh* I'm getting frustrated with Ding Ding as well  I was so proud of her at the start for walking out on her ungrateful ex but she's becoming too much of a pushover for him again.  It's so frustrating to watch when she has a dream boyfriend who loves her so much and always puts her first.  Her best friend is always giving her great advice but she just continues to be dumb when it comes to her ex.

I think the female doctor is beautiful actually but her obsession is painful.  She needs to move on because he clearly does not and never will see her in a romantic way.

Also I HATE how Dr Ning's sister chases and harasses, stalks his friend. It's not cute or funny. She is just pathetic and unhealthily obsessed.  He needs to take a restraining order out on her. 

Why do they write female characters this way? I'm sad as I was liking this drama so much in the beginning but I'm getting annoyed now.  I'm not even sure if I will finish this.  If I do stick with it then it will probably only be for  Dr Ning and the cat.

@raziela

Ugh I can't stand that lady doc! :crazy: Beauty's subjective anyway. Maybe it's 'cause I dislike her character, so she appears ugly to me ha-ha:P Oh sweetie, I can't tell you just how many of these dramas have the exact same annoying side female characters with unrequited crushes!! :angry:

If you've watched From Survivor to Healer - SAME DEAL:rolleyes: There's tons more but I can't think of any right now LoL. Xuan I could tolerate to a certain extent 'cause she's such a huge supporter of Ding2 obviously. But yea like I said, both her & the annoying lady doc need to move along. I especially hate how she told the plastic surgeon Dr. Ning is hers OMG:blink:

I'm afraid not even Dr. Ning or the cat can keep my interest LoL! I don't like the way the actors handle the cats either... so rough. You can easily tell how uncomfortable the cats are too-_-

@raziela I love that I have a "Gank Your Heart" reputation... :lol: 

Y'all are making me nervous.  I'm still only at Episode 9 so things haven't been that bad, but from your posts, it looks like I'm in for some headdesk-ing moments!  I'll just try and focus on the kitties or something... I loved that scene where Wei Ning tries to get close to his cat because he can see how much Ding Ding loves and cuddles cats, but the cat is so appalled it holds its paw up to his chin to keep him away.  LOL.  On the other hand, I cannot keep a straight face every time Ding Ding refers to him as "little scarf."  Some nicknames are better left to one's youth... :P 

19 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@raziela

Ugh I can't stand that lady doc! :crazy: Beauty's subjective anyway. Maybe it's 'cause I dislike her character, so she appears ugly to me ha-ha:P Oh sweetie, I can't tell you just how many of these dramas have the exact same annoying side female characters with unrequited crushes!! :angry:

If you've watched From Survivor to Healer - SAME DEAL:rolleyes: There's tons more but I can't think of any right now LoL. Xuan I could tolerate to a certain extent 'cause she's such a huge supporter of Ding2 obviously. But yea like I said, both her & the annoying lady doc need to move along. I especially hate how she told the plastic surgeon Dr. Ning is hers OMG:blink:

I'm afraid not even Dr. Ning or the cat can keep my interest LoL! I don't like the way the actors handle the cats either... so rough. You can easily tell how uncomfortable the cats are too-_-

i am so in agreement with these annoying side female characters and their unrequited love acting like crazy people. I liked Xuan at first because of how much she shipped her brother and Ding Ding but this whole annoying subplot with her brother's best friend makes me despise her. She needs to grow up!

OMG!  I noticed the same thing about how roughly they handle the cats!  I have never met a cat in real life that would tolerate the way they handle the cats in the cat cafe.

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

@raziela I love that I have a "Gank Your Heart" reputation... :lol: 

Y'all are making me nervous.  I'm still only at Episode 9 so things haven't been that bad, but from your posts, it looks like I'm in for some headdesk-ing moments!  I'll just try and focus on the kitties or something... I loved that scene where Wei Ning tries to get close to his cat because he can see how much Ding Ding loves and cuddles cats, but the cat is so appalled it holds its paw up to his chin to keep him away.  LOL.  On the other hand, I cannot keep a straight face every time Ding Ding refers to him as "little scarf."  Some nicknames are better left to one's youth... :P 

It's thanks to you I even gave Gank Your Heart a chance :D

It takes  awhile for the frustration to set in! I was still really enjoying the drama at episode 9.

Ha ha!  I love the prickly relationship between Dr Ning and the cat.  Cat is definitely the boss in that relationship :lol: 

I don't understand the "little scarf" nickname.  I guess that's something that is lost in translation.

18 minutes ago, raziela said:

It's thanks to you I even gave Gank Your Heart a chance :D

Awwwwww.... :wub:

19 minutes ago, raziela said:

Ha ha!  I love the prickly relationship between Dr Ning and the cat.  Cat is definitely the boss in that relationship :lol: 

I don't understand the "little scarf" nickname.  I guess that's something that is lost in translation.

Ha!  I'm pretty sure cats are always the boss in any relationship.  LOL.  :P  As for the nickname, Dr. Ning's name is "Wei Jin" (為謹), which sounds the same as the word for scarf, which is also "weijin," it's just made up of different characters (围巾). 

@themarchioness

Ah~ so that's why he's known as "The Lil Scarf:D The entire time I was wondering when has he ever worn a scarf?! :blink: And don't mind me, just keep watchin'! You might enjoy it better than me who knows? :D

so er... @raziela

Is "Gank Your Heart" any good?? I didn't really enjoy "Go Go Squid". That too had a very juvenile-ish female lead<_< I guess they're like Koreans, Japanese who prefer girls who're cutesy, kawaii types:rolleyes:

@Latte_Anyday Gank Your Heart female lead is more mature compared to Go Go Squid!. It's a likable character(dedicated, goal-oriented), It's just that there are just people who kind of trample over her because she is quite new to the industry she is working. Also there are lot of misunderstandings in early episodes so you wouldn't see the sweet things early on.

@nasaan ka Alex?

Yea I've watched snippets of it on my Instagram feed & the otp are visually pleasing:D She appears to be a gaming MC? And he heads a team of gamers that represent China in some tournament. I'm not big on gaming or the genre. There's been many, the other being The King's Avatar. The male lead is the same from Love 02O but I much prefer the latter. There's too many dramas to watch! What to do LoL:P

Archived