[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love is Deep 浅情人不知

sugarplum892

22 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Ha!  I'm pretty sure cats are always the boss in any relationship.  LOL.  :P  As for the nickname, Dr. Ning's name is "Wei Jin" (為謹), which sounds the same as the word for scarf, which is also "weijin," it's just made up of different characters (围巾). 

So true about cats!  Thank you for explaining about his nickname - like @Latte_Anyday said I was wondering if he wore a scarf al lot like when he was a boy or something :lol::lol:

20 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

so er... @raziela

Is "Gank Your Heart" any good?? I didn't really enjoy "Go Go Squid". That too had a very juvenile-ish female lead<_< I guess they're like Koreans, Japanese who prefer girls who're cutesy, kawaii types:rolleyes:

Thanks to the @themarchioness  very enthusiastic posts on this forum got me interested in the drama. I am enjoying it a lot even though I find some of the e-sports stuff a bit ridiculous and over dramatic as I do not get gaming at all!  I find the drama fun and light and I like the lead couple's acting and chemistry.  Enjoying the supporting actors too and the drama hasn't introduced an annoying, obsessed second lead female...yet haha:P

I didn't even bother with Go Go Squid when I read the summary and saw Yang Zi was starring.  Nearly all her characters seem to be these annoying childish, airhead types so I just avoid her dramas now.

10 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

There's too many dramas to watch! What to do LoL:P

I know! There are so many dramas this watch this summer.  I seriously can't keep up!

@raziela

Judging by the snippets I watched, Gank Your Heart (what a weird title!) had better style choices, especially for the female heroine ha-ha. That was the other thing I couldn't stand on Go2 Squid. I'd be like WTF is she wearing?! But the OTP look really pretty too eheheh. Oh I'm not into gaming either! There's The King's Avatar (don't know how good that is<_<) China must really love gaming:P I still much prefer Love 02O:D

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@raziela

Judging by the snippets I watched, Gank Your Heart (what a weird title!) had better style choices, especially for the female heroine ha-ha. That was the other thing I couldn't stand on Go2 Squid. I'd be like WTF is she wearing?! But the OTP look really pretty too eheheh. Oh I'm not into gaming either! There's The King's Avatar (don't know how good that is<_<) China must really love gaming:P I still much prefer Love 02O:D

@Latte_Anyday, we're kind of getting off topic for this thread so I'm going to move the rest of my reply to the GYH thread --> come join me there!!!  

20 hours ago, themarchioness said:

@Latte_Anyday, we're kind of getting off topic for this thread so I'm going to move the rest of my reply to the GYH thread --> come join me there!!!  

oops!  You are right.  I get annoyed people do that to a thread and here I am being a culprit -_-

Back on topic:  Apart from at the beginning where he encouraged the proposal delusion, Ding Ding's best friend is so sensible gives some of the best advice I've seen for a BFF character .  Things would be so much easier if she would just listen to him.

19 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

Just a heads up. The videos being uploaded in this official channel/playlist is now restricted in this countries:

ID - Indonesia

PH - Philippines
TW - Taiwan
TH - Thailand

Thanks.  Luckily not in my country.

@raziela

Ahahah that's right. Her trusty BFF who looks a lil like Kimi Qiao (R.I.P) At the same time, that's another one of my frustrations with Ding2.. She's acting like she's a virgin or something LoL! 

She was in a relationship with Chen Xun but is he like, her first bf?? 'Cause I find her too dependent on her BFF for relationship advise. 

Like Dr. Ning looking to his sis's love manhwas for inspiration. It made for some hilarious moments though. Oh are you still watching this? I dropped it already:P

14 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@raziela

Ahahah that's right. Her trusty BFF who looks a lil like Kimi Qiao (R.I.P) At the same time, that's another one of my frustrations with Ding2.. She's acting like she's a virgin or something LoL! 

She was in a relationship with Chen Xun but is he like, her first bf?? 'Cause I find her too dependent on her BFF for relationship advise. 

Like Dr. Ning looking to his sis's love manhwas for inspiration. It made for some hilarious moments though. Oh are you still watching this? I dropped it already:P

Right? She was in a relationship with Chen Xun for 1 or 1.5 years but they write her as if she has never had any type of romantic relationship with anybody. That's actually quite a long time to date! I'm certain he was DD's first boyfriend as she met CX at university and was in love with him  the whole time until he finally gave her chance after breaking up with his ex.

At least Dr Ning reading the manhwas made sense as we know he has never had a romantic relationship before. I love the part when Dr Ning was trying to play the whole overbearing, aloof hero but it didn't work and he carried Ding Ding away telling her about the other things he has learned from the manhwas  - it was so cute! 

I stupidly try to finish dramas because I am a bit of a completist so I''m still watching for now although I fast forward through the scenes with crazy sister and the plastic surgeon best friend because I don't care for that storyline at all. I still really like the OTP when they are being cute together and the Ning's cat (of course :P). However, this drama is now at the bottom of my watch list whereas I was marathoning the episodes before.

10 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@raziela

Ah you're not a quitter LoL:D I guess I'd probably be doin' the same as I can only stream so much on my phone:sweatingbullets: Hoping to get a tab/laptop but they don't come cheap yo:P 

I've a lot on my to watch list (sigh) bye2 sleep ha-ha! It's been so much fun chatting to you! ^_^ Have a good week:glasses:

I watch dramas on my PC so it's easier!  

It's been great chatting to you too.  Hopefully will run into you on another thread in al ess frustrating drama1 :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think it would've been so bad for the OTP not to end up together. Ding2 is the most frustrating female lead ever. Dr. Ning is way too good for her. Til the very end Ding2 never realized what she did wrong. Dr. Ning always ended up apologizing and working to get her the whole time. Plus, how many times does the good doctor gotta propose anyway? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 6:44 PM, chdom said:

I didn't think it would've been so bad for the OTP not to end up together. Ding2 is the most frustrating female lead ever. Dr. Ning is way too good for her. Til the very end Ding2 never realized what she did wrong. Dr. Ning always ended up apologizing and working to get her the whole time. Plus, how many times does the good doctor gotta propose anyway? 

You are not alone. A comment on My DramaList said even the actress, Connie Kang, who played Ding Ding wrote on her weibo page she agrees with everyone about how frustrating Ding Ding's character is! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived