[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

1 hour ago, Cream_Moki said:

That's what I thought too....I just don't get why they could only meet once a year for 2 weeks. And I'm pretty sure they could meet up in China too which is much nearer. 

There is a specific reason why they chose Switzerland as a "middle-ground" for their cross-border love (not just because of the beautiful scenery) - it's because in real-life, the country has been historically neutral. Other countries have been known to be allies of SK. 

12 hours ago, gloriousCh33se said:

My answer for why 3years:

Reveal hidden contents

1st year - YSR just received text messages
2nd year - she went to Switzerland, they failed to meet and she talked about this with her mother on her return.
3rd year - They find each other with the paragliding landing scene

Next scene after was the one with Seo Dan's mom and fortune teller - Fortune teller tells Seo Dan's mom that Seo Dan has parted with the love of her life 3 years prior.

The scene at the cottage is another meeting, obviously sometime after their 1st reunion at Switzerland. The usual debate is whether Seri really only goes 2 weeks every year (if so this scene could be anywhere from year 4 onwards) or she flies more frequently than that given Mr. Hong's comment about hiding treasure in that country.

This is also the same timeline I concluded when I finished the show. 3rd year was the parachute, 4th year and so on are the planned ones around the musical event. I didn't think they met more than once in a year, not because of YSR, but moreso because of RJH's limitations coming from NK. Yes, he may come from a powerful military family, but in general, and in real-life, people from NK still cannot travel freely as people in other countries do. They always fear defection.

Because if that's the case, then YSR didn't have to make that foundation for musical scholars just to give cover for RJH to be able to travel to Switzerland, nor would it have taken 3 years for them to see each other again. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

There is a specific reason why they chose Switzerland as a "middle-ground" for their cross-border love (not just because of the beautiful scenery) - it's because in real-life, the country has been historically neutral. Other countries have been known to be allies of SK. 

it also has to do with that couple/story that they reference in CLOY. I forget their names now. it also involved edelweiss and meeting every once a year. It was also mentioned in a CLOY thread. 

• Like 3

And another thing, which is funny the rumor that’s going on with the tabloids regarding HB getting back with the ex did not even reach SK or should i say not even made a single noise in SK entertainment. Interesting lol

• Like 12
  • LOL 5

8 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

it also has to do with that couple/story that they reference in CLOY. I forget their names now. it also involved edelweiss and meeting every once a year. It was also mentioned in a CLOY thread. 

Yes, but that is more in the context of their fictional story. I meant the reason why the writer chose Switzerland specifically as essentially the 3rd setting of the drama (after NK and SK) - it's because of its real-life, neutral history between NK and SK, and in general, in other world conflicts.

https://www.history.com/news/why-is-switzerland-a-neutral-country#:~:text=For centuries%2C the tiny Alpine,the oldest and most respected.

For those who watched CLOY with world affairs and/or history background, the choice of Switzerland was not lost on them. It wasn't an arbitrary choice, it was a conscious, specific choice. Which is why the drama elevated itself to a higher level - this kind of details can only come from an excellent and attentive writer. 

• Like 10
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 5

7 minutes ago, Intuition1 said:

I hope we see pictures of Hyun Bin at Petra, the most interesting sight in Jordan.

Petra is beautiful, especially the treasury!! It truly lives up to its name as one of the wonders of the modern world. I hope HB gets to visit :)

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Intuition1 said:

Completely agree. Another reason why Switzerland is the perfect setting for a North Korean and South Korean elite is because it is known as a country where many very rich people's kids go to school. A comment I read earlier mentioned China, but it is not neutral and would endanger RJH's character. China is allied with North Korea and has a history of capturing and imprisoning North Korean defectors and returning them to North Korea. I never understood the reason why South Korea is on friendly terms with China. How can a country be friendly with the main ally of your enemy? Without China, North Korea would have fallen a long time ago, and North and South would have been one country by now.

This is so true. What is even more bizarre is how many nations know the ugly side of a country like China but refuse to openly talk about it. All in the name of trade and business. Truth is, China and Russia are the main reasons North Korean leaders continue to terrorize their own people and South Korea. 

• Like 6
  • Off-Topic 2
  • Thanks 2

:hooray2:

Congrats to our thread in reaching this  milestone as we have come a long way. Double the joy as we will be celebrating the anniversary of this thread which is created on 26 Jul 2019. 

Thanks to all Binjin shippers for your support and contributions to this thread.  

:heart1:

• Like 7
  • Love 16

1 hour ago, Intuition1 said:

Another reason why Switzerland is the perfect setting for a North Korean and South Korean elite is because it is known as a country where many very rich people's kids go to school. A

Yeah Kim Jong Un  himself studied there in his adolescent years. 

They could have never shown them married or living together in another country as NK doesn't allow it's citizens to emigrate. To be a defector would have meant punishment to his family in NK. So  the easier, more realistic yet the most heart breaking way was to make it a 2 weeks a year kind of ending. 

In most of the  famous love stories around the world -  Romeo Juliet and others, the couple  usually die tragically which made their story immortal. Thankfully Seri-RJH live in CLOY, but I guess one needs a bit of tragedy and heart break to make stories truly heart wrenching and keep the audience asking for more.

I take solace in the thought that our Ri- Ri couple were able to speak to each other through the remaining 70 weeks of the year through some special Mobile phone  ( they show Seoung Joon making calls easily to Seri's brother in SK, so our couple would have found some way) 

1 hour ago, Intuition1 said:

Thank you for the update. I was looking forward to this. Finally, he will be done filming soon, and then I believe the announcement will come.

Had he traveled there already?? Any photos? Sigh... The thought of 2 months of separation!!

• Like 3
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, golding said:

And the funny thing is that,  Smart staffs know better than South Korean Industry? That SYJ is dating a non showbiz guy?

yeah that would be weird and unprofessional for those people to be gossiping about SYJ. even if it were true can you imagine HB allowing his close friend to become the subject of such petty behavior? I think not. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1