[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

4 hours ago, celest1al said:

Well, what this means my fellow shippers, is that the exact words that YJ said originally in Korean were not used in the Metro interview... and yet he still related it back to her compliment! 

Thank you @celest1al for always giving us crumbs to munched every time. 
She is on his mind definitely! The fact that he remembers most of the things and was smiling while talking about it is more telling that there are more future memory pieces we haven’t heard yet. We love and respect an honest man.

• Like 3
  • Love 10
  • Awesome 1

@charray LOL they also talk about Lee Jae-wook in this. so my quick look of the article at first was v/ast :lol: however, lol.. why they have to write an article about CLOY popularity in Japan now too. Yes Japan recently talked about CLOY popularity again. honestly, the 3 mins affiliate does really interesting content on them ^_^:lol: are they going to japan in the future? lol

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, kkwengsoyy said:

Hoping and wishing that there'll be a part 2 tho we all know CLOY gave us beautiful ending. :heart4: Im sure my Mom ( i mean my very own mom:D) who's turning 79 yrs old in couple of months soon  will be the happiest if there will be CLOY Part 2.. SHE actually watched the drama 3x and stayed awake until 6am (honestly didn't slept at all) the first time she watched it.. My poor Mom, still hopelessly romantic:hwaiting2:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
  • Awesome 2

21 hours ago, Cherie Cee said:

My point here...let's appreciate what we already have. Do not get so worked up. Just be patient. Things will happen at the right time.

@Cherie CeeAMEN! My husband is the opposite of yours....he can't believe I'm still stuck in CLOY / BINJIn/ K-land. He's my reality-bites-alarm clock. LOL. :wacko:

Honestly though, CLOY, K-ent, and this ship IS my escape from all the craziness out there--- COVID 19, working remotely, and real world discontent. SO I AM TRULY GRATEFUL to read everyone's real, practical and delulu thoughts on our couple. 

These are tough times that we are living in --- regardless of where in the world you live--- and I'm sure our couple is quite aware of that. I'm keeping my expectations low....limbo low. That way I'll be overjoyed when something BIG happens. It's just a way to manage expectation. :doggie:

Enjoy the still waters, fellow shippers...Keep safe, and above all be KIND!:heart1:

• Like 5
  • Love 13
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mtdgmend said:

@Cherie CeeAMEN! My husband is the opposite of yours....he can't believe I'm still stuck in CLOY / BINJIn/ K-land. He's my reality-bites-alarm clock. LOL. :wacko:

Honestly though, CLOY, K-ent, and this ship IS my escape from all the craziness out there--- COVID 19, working remotely, and real world discontent. SO I AM TRULY GRATEFUL to read everyone's real, practical and delulu thoughts on our couple. 

Awww, I just wish your hubby could also enjoy k-ent, cos its fun watching the dramas with somebody so you can discuss them and vicariously live through them in the 16 episodes or so. But, so true how kdramas and our love for BinJin have provided us with a haven from all the unprecedented effects of COVID. Let's continue to stay hopeful for everything and grateful for the things we still enjoy, inspite of our currenr predicament.:heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 3

36 minutes ago, lovelife said:

I just remembered something.  
In the episode (ok sorry I forgot which episode) *I think I have to watch cloy again* When Seri's mother asked RJH about how long he and Seri had been dating. Instead answered it RJH chose silence. So I thought, if RJH answered how long he and YSR were dating I'm sure it would also answer how long Binjin were dating. 

Haha :w00t:

That's episode 14. :)

I felt so cheated that RJH didn't answer the question, or that as a viewer, we didn't get to hear his answer.

• Like 3
  • LOL 15

just read from Onemusic.ph that our man Hyun Bin is now Korea's most handsome Actor. :happydance:

The poll of Kingschoice.me was officially closed last June 30 and JiChang-wook of Backstreet Rokie fame was the second place.

Congratulations HB!!!:bashful:

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

This is an excerpt  from RickRoll'D over Dramas (yes, that is the name) , a blog which treats K-dramas as literature.  As far as I know, she is not a BinJin fan but definitely,  an avid CLoY fan.

She quoted Elizabeth Barrett Browning in describing the significance of light in CLoY's love story:

" I love thee to the level of every day's

Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.

That was how JungHyuk loved her (Seri). He loved her from dawn till nighttime. But he also loved her intensely, like the sun, that he was willing to die for her in a burst of flames. And he loved her in the warmth of an evening bonfire, in the soft glow of scented candles, and in the darkening skies of the day."

That is what I see when he gazes at her ... IRL!

:offtospace:

P.S. The blog is not called RickRoll'D over Dramas ... was censored because RickRoll'D is actually a word that rhymes with witches but starts with a "b". :emmm:

Edited by cgb1108
  • Like 18
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, charray said:

Another day, another Dispatch article with their picture but still not the one that will excite the Binjin shippers.

https://www.dispatch.co.kr/2089215#_enliple

Please up your game, Dispatch. 

Dispatch is again using their affiliate 3-Minute for this article. Wonder what affiliate means? Probably owned by the same company as Dispatch LOL! And a way for them to protect Dispatch legally in case they are challenged. It's not a surprise they keep reporting about Binjin and CLOY since they are hot potatoes now. But this seems like a repeat of previous news on CLOY and HB, SYJ's high popularity in Japan. Despite all the political tensions between Korea and Japan, Japan remains a very important international market for K-Ent and K-Pop. From tweeter of Japanese fans, seems the Japan media just cannot stop talking and analysing CLOY. Happy for the CLOY team and Binjin!

8 hours ago, bingejin said:

Bin and Jin ranks # 5 and 6... but the commentator includes the love scandal as a side comment on hb's :lol:

Top Korean Actors by Brand Ranking | EONTALK

I just watch this video and realise that this is a pretty significant and meaningful ranking, called the Brand Reputation Report by the Korean Research Institution. Data collected Feb 6 - Mar 7, 2020.  It also seem to focus on Film Actor/ Actresses, though Kdrama seems to also play a part in the ranking. The youtube channel EONTALK was using their data for this video. Here's the video link again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED7SyuRkaI8&feature=emb_title

I was really very happy to see that SYJ and HB was ranked very highly at #6 and #5 respectively. The other top 3 were all veteran actor/ actress from Parasite movie, and then PSJ at #4. Of course this is based on recency data, so that is why ALL the Parasite cast and also CLOY team ranked very high too. I am not as surprised by SYJ as she has always ranked high in movie star reports, but to see HB ranking high too shows how far he has come as a movie actor. Or course, CLOY definitely played a part in this too. Similar for IC when it comes to PSJ (plus his movies - quite surprised he was in quite a lot of films).

And yes, the youtuber (who seems to be korean), had to mention SYJ and HB's love rumors LOL!! It's just something that is top of mind amongst korean K-ent commenters, esp with both of them so close together in the rankings.

• Like 16
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 3

Bringing this interview back from 2015. Since there was confusion recently on how many kids HB said he wanted. Yes a girl and a boy ^_^

Modern females are not only successful in their careers, but they also have their own thoughts regarding their lives. This is in contradiction to traditional Korean social values in regards to expectations to women. What are your views?

HB: When I was young, I once thought women, like my mother, should be at home taking care of the household and raising children, but as I aged, I see that many women are not only successful in their careers, they are also able to take care of their families. I admire these kind of women, especially those who work within the entertainment industry. If one day I meet a girl who

has her own dream and career and is working hard to achieve that, I would be left with a good impression, admire her from the bottom of my heart, and even fall in love with her. 

It's not your fault that you're handsome, but as handsome as you are, are you active or passive in love?

HB: It can be said that I'm very practical, even shy. When I like a girl, I usually wouldn't confess right away; instead, I will slowly observe if she's suitable for me, and then think about what to do next so I can understand her better. I'll tell you a secret: until today, I still hope for the chance encounter that you see in movies--I would see a girl I fall in love with at first sight, and go up to her and say, "I like you! Let's date!" But this is purely my imagination; I don't have this kind of luck in reality! Haha.

Would you give up your acting career one day? Because of love?

HB: I think, this is inevitable, and may happen in the future. It's not a matter of my love and relationship; instead it depends on if

audiences still want to see me, so this is decided by my fans!

Do you have plans to get married?

HB: One day I will, but not right now, I don't have plans to get married just yet.

Can you marry a non-Korean female?

HB: I must ask my parents' opinions, haha.

What kind of women attracts you?

HB: Lots of women like but don't understand my job; I want to find someone who is understanding.

How many children do you want?

HB: Two, one boy and one girl.

Are you a perfectionist?

HB: I think I am.

Actually I underlined a part. I didn't realize he had said that too :lol:

This is dooly the dinosaur right? :lol: Jinnie such a tease wanting him to dress like Dooly or Heo Dang's dad :lol:^_^ I haven't come across this interview yet. Looks like fun :lol:

9195779ff8e172039ef07f636777e12d8313c6c.

:heart4:

@lovelifeLOL! in the show it would have been around 3 months? hahaa since she was in NK for around 1.5 months lol. that is how long they have known each other lol. but if you count they reconnected sometime jan 7/9? unknown when RJH arrived and he left sometime after her birthday. a week after? lol

• Like 2
  • Love 13
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

I'll tell you a secret: until today, I still hope for the chance encounter that you see in movies--I would see a girl I fall in love with at first sight, and go up to her and say, "I like you! Let's date!" But this is purely my imagination; I don't have this kind of luck in reality! Haha.

Now I'm wondering if he used this line with SYJ :lol:

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

@EdelweissTX I already did the math LOL! it is 3 years when they reunite at  very end when they are happy in their Swiss house Plus writer Park had also included this in RJH speech to her on her birthday when he did the back hug. I felt silly once I realized this recently. All that hard work I did trying to figure out how many years had passed when the show ended LOL! I had also watch writer Park's other shows. So I knew her pattern but she already told us much earlier in the show lol.

Ok I remember the 2015 interview. Somehow I don't remember this W Korea May 2014 one lol. Well good thing I went to back reading again/skim HB thread today :lol:

You're still in your early 30's, aren't you too impatient?

HB: I'd like to know what kind of changes I'll go through. Compared to how I throw myself into work during the period of 20's to 30's, there will be more changes in the next ten years. Maybe I'll build a family and have children. Times are changing rapidly; maybe Korean actors will enjoy international fame quicker. I really want to know what it'll be like in my 40's, and how it will impact my life. Right now, it seems good to be older.
Do you want to establish a family soon?

HB: I do have this kind of thought. No matter how I see it, this will be my goal at the end. My acting, earning money for a living, all of these things that I do right now is for when I build a family later. I don't know, but since I've always lived in a harmonious family, I'll also like to build this kind of family.
Compared to those of your same age, you seem to desire a family more. The age for getting married keeps on being delayed now, and there are lots of stubborn singles.

HB: But the people around me are married, and many friends have already had children. Of course, I envy those who live alone freely and enjoyably, but when I see children I still feel envious, and I'd think if this particular friend will or will not have grandchildren later on. After some time, if we meet again, will their children have all grown up and started enjoying their own lives? I'm left behind compared to them all. (laugh)

Interesting to read this 2014 now and how things have changed since post CLOY. ^_^ Also his 3rd answer to that question lol. It is like SYJ was saying in regards to her friends getting married. Interesting that he got these questions during 2014/2015 lol. 

@BinJin2020 Now I am thinking these differently when I saw he had said that too LOL! Why did I only remember the part before that bit 

:heart4:

• Like 7
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

@ElectricHearts in fact writer Park's didn't show the specifics whether they (RJH-YSR) are dating or not lol they are like a couple without status lol. 

even in the last ep. we don't know whether they were a married couple or not lol. 

@EdelweissTX i thought the same too coz in the epilogue seri was at korea first then flew to Swiss later

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, EdelweissTX said:

@ElectricHearts i’m always wondering about the timeline of RJH & YSR relationship. How long did it take them to re-unite in Switzerland after parting ways at the border? Was it 2 years or 3 years? And how do we know?

My answer for why 3years:

Spoiler

1st year - YSR just received text messages
2nd year - she went to Switzerland, they failed to meet and she talked about this with her mother on her return.
3rd year - They find each other with the paragliding landing scene

Next scene after was the one with Seo Dan's mom and fortune teller - Fortune teller tells Seo Dan's mom that Seo Dan has parted with the love of her life 3 years prior.

The scene at the cottage is another meeting, obviously sometime after their 1st reunion at Switzerland. The usual debate is whether Seri really only goes 2 weeks every year (if so this scene could be anywhere from year 4 onwards) or she flies more frequently than that given Mr. Hong's comment about hiding treasure in that country.

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2