[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

1 hour ago, bin-jin said:

OMGgggg, the good bye kiss ep9 ending on YJ birthday and they hv a cake for her!!!  Hmmmm no wonder thats HB most fav scene in CLOY.  They hv a deep kiss on her bday:Ohboy3:

and they are together on her birthday:wub: No wonder there wasnt any photo or videos of her  bday this year:heart4:

@bin-jin THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS!!!!!!!!!

Made my day !!!!

I dont know how you found this!

I always wondered where are her birthday pics on 11 Jan 2020 besides the ones w her makeup stylist crew... now i know!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, wolfie26 said:

As for her getting sick. The weather was a menace enough to even stop filming for a week or so. She was with cold for awhile - since probably ep 10? When you go through a cold , your immune system is low and you need electrolytes , vitamins etc . In the press conference - early December - she looked as if she wanted to lay down and take a nap right there. She wasn't her usual  happy self . Especially in the press interviews? So imagine filming - CLOY had difficult scenes - most of them on location in the middle of winter- girl was working non stop. She overworked herself and got sick - she is not superwoman as we think of her....

from insight talk at page 55 and based on wikipedia timetine airing period

January 11-12 CLOY airing episode 7-8

January 11 – YJ unnie Birthday

January 11 – They filming the border kiss scene

January 18 – Episode 9 airing (the border kiss scene)

January 19 – Episode 10 Airing

January 11 – 19 – 1 week resting for Artist and kru (possibility date)

January 20 – 30 – Start filming again

January 27 – YJ unnie rushed  into ER

February 1 – Episode 11 airing (RJH in south)

Febuary 2 – Episode 12 (RJH & YSR meet their company 5)

Febuary 8 – Episode 13 airing (a happy life of RJH & YSR + company 5 on South Korea)

Febuary 9 – Episode 14 Airing (YSR got shoot and RJH keep watch over YSR)

If episode 9 shoot at 11 January, they filming around one or two weeks for prepared the next episode.  YJ unnie maybe sick after filming episode 11-12 (Theres some of intense scene around this episode, espesially when Choe Chal Gang come to YSR office) and YJ unnie start look so tired and had a cold on episode 13-14. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

Is this true? :lol:

Its all over twitter and Insta!! Are they getting the quote from a recent article/ interview? I’m reading the quote but not sure where they got it from..Because...oh my heart if that’s his favorite scene...((sigh))  And filmed on her actual BDay?!! Sweet! 

The goldmine that is CLOY BTS footage...

Edited by stroppyse
mod edit: Please do not quote images, gifs, or videos.
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Walk Kindly said:

from insight talk at page 55 and based on wikipedia timetine airing period

January 11-12 CLOY airing episode 7-8

January 11 – YJ unnie Birthday

January 11 – They filming the border kiss scene

January 18 – Episode 9 airing (the border kiss scene)

January 19 – Episode 10 Airing

January 11 – 19 – 1 week resting for Artist and kru (possibility date)

January 20 – 30 – Start filming again

January 27 – YJ unnie rushed  into ER

February 1 – Episode 11 airing (RJH in south)

Febuary 2 – Episode 12 (RJH & YSR meet their company 5)

Febuary 8 – Episode 13 airing (a happy life of RJH & YSR + company 5 on South Korea)

Febuary 9 – Episode 14 Airing (YSR got shoot and RJH keep watch over YSR)

If episode 9 shoot at 11 January, they filming around one or two weeks for prepared the next episode.  YJ unnie maybe sick after filming episode 11-12 (Theres some of intense scene around this episode, espesially when Choe Chal Gang come to YSR office) and YJ unnie start look so tired and had a cold on episode 13-14. 

Then this puts when that hospital scene and eventually the filming of couple ring/soju scene in behind the scenes to a whole new meaning for me :o

Like I always wondered which episodes were filmed in January 

HB even mentioned liking Mongolia and that filming was done in September. Like we also know they had to celebrate his birthday early 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 4

They both ended up choosing my two favorite scenes by the time the show wrapped. I was always like HB must be a romantic if that episode 9 ending scene is his favorite. Now there is another meaning to that. Even SYJ original favorite scene of the candles was my favorite too and then she changed it to the soju scene. :wub:

I had always notice during the the hospital behind the scene she did look unwell/it can't just be "make up". So that would make sense it was around the time they had to take a break since she was fatigue. 

Also I always wonder during the green screen photoshoot, why they never used that cute kiss she did of his cheek for the picture in Swiss house. They used a different picture they shot. Then they still decided to give us this cute moment of them in behind the scenes. Not complaining because I really love that moment a lot. Like you can see HB's eyes get soft/closes them as she does her cute kiss cheek while he pats her on the back. Plus we know he's sick during that photoshoot. Sigh :wub:

• Like 9
  • Love 7

Btw, i never expect Wikipedia had a lot insighful information regarding our favourites drama lately. The article contributor really work hard updating the current achieving

Its include the view point of when the writer start this drama and on what backgrounds, Socio-Cultural-politic backrounds, etc. I put it on Spoiler if anyone wants to read.

Spoiler

Production[edit]

Development[edit]

The premise of Crash Landing on You was inspired by a real event involving South Korean actress, Jung Yang.[3][11] In September 2008, Yang and three others had to be rescued after bad fog had caused their leisure boat to drift "into the maritime boundary between North and South Korea."[12] Park Ji-eun, the drama's screenwriter, was introduced to North Korean defector turned film adviser and writer Kwak Moon-wan, who became part of the drama's writing team.[13][14] Kwak, who studied film directing in Pyongyang and had also been a member of an elite security force protecting the Kims, helped in crafting the drama's plot and in conceptualizing the setting and scenes in the drama portraying North Korean life.[13][14]

Filming[edit]

The production process proved to be "painstakingly meticulous", owing to South Korea's relationship with North Korea where most of the story's plot ensues.[15] The use of the honorific Chairman to refer to North Korea's leaders was avoided, and the North Korean lapel pins used by the cast members taking North Korean roles were one third smaller than their actual size.[16] Props manager Joo Dong-man said the crew did not have a "guidebook on multiple hurdles he had to hop over — skillfully and delicately – to accurately depict the country while dodging criticism" and, thus, had to be careful "not to misrepresent the state". They worked with guidance from North Koreans living in South Korea and research.[15][3]

The first script reading took place on July 31, 2019 in Sangam-dong, Seoul, and filming overseas started at the end of August 2019.[17] North Korean scenes were shot in South Korea and Mongolia.[3] Scenes that took place in Switzerland were shot on location.[3]

Reception[edit]

Critical response[edit]

Variety Magazine named it one of "The Best International Shows on Netflix,"[18] and Time Magazine also ranked it as one of the best Korean dramas on Netflix.[19]

Jo Walker of The Guardian's "Stream Team" called it "addictively off-the-wall, heartbreaking and hilarious,"[20] while Aljazeera stated that it is a hallyu success.[21] Adella Suliman and Stella Kim of NBC News also suggested that the drama "features all the ingredients a viewer could wish for" and has "drawn a global audience of millions, many no doubt searching for entertainment as they while away their time in coronavirus-related lockdowns."[22]

Audience response[edit]

Early in its run, Crash Landing on You was the fourth highest rated Korean cable drama.[23] The final episode's ratings made it the third highest rated Korean drama in cable television history, surpassing fellow tvN dramas Reply 1988 and Guardian: The Lonely and Great God.[24] With 1.75 billion online views, Crash Landing on You outperformed the prior leader, Mr. Sunshine, for most viewed drama clips by 200 million views as of February 17, 2020.[25]

It was a hit in Singapore,Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand. A-list celebrities from these countries posted pictures on their social media platforms stating that they are currently binge-watching the drama. Some even photoshopped themselves on photos with lead stars Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin.[26] It was also an immense success in China. The hashtag for the drama’s final episode has received over 460 million views on China’s Twitter-like—Weibo. The streaming website for the South Korean drama, which holds the copyright in China with Chinese subtitles, crashed on the night it aired the final episode due to the enormous number of users.[27] It likewise became a big hit in Japan, reaching number 1 on Netflix.It became viral on the internet with many Japanese celebrities stated that they binge watched the show.[28] According to Yahoo Japan,the drama attracts a wide range of people. One of The North Korean scenes where there was a blackout also gives a nostalgic feeling to Japanese people in their 50’s because they were familiar with the power shortage when they were young. Also, the success of the drama helps revive the hallyu wave in Japan that has been declining for years.[29][30]

Crash Landing on You emerged as one of the top shows on Netflix (who owns the distribution rights outside South Korea) and continued to enjoy widespread popularity even after the show has ended.[31]

South and North Korea[edit]

Although the series is a work of fiction, it has some received positive reviews from North Korean defectors for its depiction of everyday life in North Korea. At the same time, some details, such as the availability of food, relatively warm behavior of the army and the ease with which the characters cross the border have been criticized.[32][16][13][33][22] One of the extras (who portrayed a North Korean villager) is a writer and actress from North Korea who states that she felt "like [she] was actually back in a North Korean village."[33] Kwak Moon-wan, a North Korean defector, who had served with the Supreme Guard Command (which protects the ruling Kim family) worked as an adviser for the series, providing the writers with details about life in North Korea as well as North Korean governmental agencies that added credibility to the show.[34]. He acknowledged some of the criticism, admitting that he has taken liberties with the depiction of North Korea (such as not mentioning food shortages), but rejected the claim that he was glamorizing the regime or drawing a false equivalence, saying that the show also depicted some of the darker aspect of life under the regime, such as the issue of kotjebi (child homeless) and the frequent power cuts. Some North Korean refugees, such as Chun Hyo-jin, who defected from the border village of Hyesan at the age of nineteen, tend to agree: "Even if what they say, that it glamorizes North Korea, is true, would they choose to live there? I don’t think so". Even though the drama leaves political matters aside, which are essential to the North Korea issue as she sees it, she says it still is of great significance: "Its depiction of North Korea is a bit far from reality but it has made the people interested in North Korea"[35]. The drama's producer Lee Jung-hyo said during a press conference in Seoul in December: "I know some people are uncomfortable about our subject, North Korea, but we don't portray a wholly authentic North Korea in our drama. Most settings are closer to a fantasy, although some aspects do reflect real North Korean life"[36].

Kang Nara, a North Korean defector who advised the show's production team, stated that about 60% of North Korea's depiction in the show is accurate[37]: "The richer families in North Korea like to show off their wealth by adding lace curtains to their windows. So that was pretty well portrayed". She also appreciated the detail about kimchi caves: "Since rural North Korea doesn't get electricity, they don't have refrigerators. They have kimchi caves where they store kimchi, and that was also recreated well"[38]. House checks are also a regular affair. She revealed that she once had to hide inside a furnace at the house of the broker who helped her to escape to avoid detection. In the drama, the heiress had to hide in the kimchi storage area when security forces came knocking one night. As depicted in the drama, North Koreans are allowed to choose only from a fixed list of hair styles - 18 for women and 28 for men. "There's a punishment for you if you don't comply" Kang said in an interview with YouTube channel DKDKTV[39]. On the other hand, as she explained in a YouTube video, the characters were able to slip across the border much more easily than in real life: "I had to pay a broker 10 million won (US$8,400) to swim across the Yalu river [which borders North Korea and China] while being shot at from behind by soldiers [when I escaped]"[40]. Cartoonist Choi Seong-guk, who defected to the South in 2011, also said the drama set is 60% accurate. The portrayal of jangmadang, or local markets where all kinds of goods, including imports from South Korea, are sold is especially real, he told The Sunday Times. However, he felt that the drama "glamorized the soldiers too much, almost to an uncomfortable extent". He said North Korean men enter the military when they are 17 and serve for 10 to 13 years. "During this time, they are... ruthless and harsh, robbing homes and raping women at night"[39]. Still, he hopes the drama will make its way to North Korea and go viral: "I hope the North Koreans who see this drama will realize how positively the South Koreans think of them and learn to change"[39].

Yun Suk-jin, a professor at Chungnam National University, also notes that the series "changed the stereotypes on North Korea and candidly showed that it too is a place where people live."[33] Sarah A. Son, Lecturer in Korean Studies at the University of Sheffield also agrees, noting that Crash Landing on You responds to the "socio-cultural divide" between the North and the South, which academic scholarship cites as one of the biggest obstacles to future unification. Son argues that "through the re-framing of stereotypes, albeit with some creative licence, Crash Landing on You arguably humanises the North for its audience in ways that inter-Korean dialogue has not in recent years. Despite its soft-focus romanticisation of the political situation, Crash Landing on You brings the pain of the division to a personal level for a generation of Koreans who, unlike their grandparents, have no memory of what it was like to be a single nation."[14] Joanna Elfving-Hwang, associate professor of Korean studies at the University of Western Australia concurs, stating that “North Korea tends to appear in our imagination as the ‘axis of evil’, we think of [negative things like] nuclear weapons and human rights abuses…this drama has dared to think about North Korean people differently and represented them as quite human and quite Korean.”[40] Steve Hung Lok-wai, a Korean affairs expert from Chinese University of Hong Kong states that the drama sidestepped larger political issues through a narrative that did not end with the male lead's defection: "Lots of people questioned whether the male lead, the North Korean soldier, would end up defecting to the South for love, but they were able to sidestep that scenario and gave it a plausible ending where the two would meet in Switzerland". Thus, he argues, it's "quite smart because they avoided all the real taboos but made it believable enough where it would make people think about these political problems."[40] John Delury, a professor at Yonsei University, praised the series for its decision to draw parallels between powerful families in both the South and the North, and to humanize North Koreans beyond generic stereotypes.[41]

There were also critical responses to the themes of the drama in both regions. In January 2020, The Christian Liberal Party (CLP) filed a complaint in South Korea against tvN at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, accusing the network of glamorizing North Korea through this series, in violation of the National Security Law.[42][43][44] Then, in March 2020, a few North Korean media outlets criticized unnamed South Korean programs and films that explored relations between North and South Korea. While Crash Landing on You was not directly mentioned by the media outlets, it was perceived to be among the referenced works. Another is the 2019 film, Ashfall, although that film was also not directly cited in the articles.[45][46]

Commercial impact[edit]

The success of the drama helped to boost brand items due to product placement. The lead characters portrayed by Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin ate Gold Olive Chicken, a product which had a 100% sales improvement due to the show.[3][47] There was also an increase in sales of the Swarovski earrings worn by Son Ye-jin.[48]

Really Salute for The writer Park Ji Eun that prepared the scenario since a long time with a deeper study and smart choice of the ending. This make me even more proud that Our couple had the change to play a role on this well made drama.

• Like 11
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 3

On 6/19/2020 at 6:15 AM, RiRiGaGa said:

WHY JINNIE IS TRULY BINNIE’S TRUEST FAN AND WHY BINNIE'S HER U.F.

I know it's Riri if the post is highlighted and long. Aylavet!

Hi guys,

Lurking around here. Not much of any use giving easter eggs and all but I'm just happy reading all these post. Still catching up though.

920/928.

#InGroceryWeTrust:kaching1:

• Like 2
  • Love 5

On 3/3/2020 at 10:52 PM, LoverboyBin said:

What do you think about the bts of the last scene in switzerland wherein they were practing their hug but HB wasn't touching her?

Hehe i think that was 1 of the first few filming scenes... so must do "manner hands" since the crew was there but then after that.. if u keep watching... there goes any manner hands...

If you see the koala, he did touch her, and later the koala hug... i mean.. erm.. why needs his hands when shes literally climbed on him..?

Haha!

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

Wow never seen a Wikipedia page with that much detail on production/reception before. Impressive indeed. You can tell how much time writer Park took to perfect the screenplay. Even the story of I forget the names that was mentioned in the show right now that was the reason why edelweiss also played a huge role in YSR and RJH fated love story and why they only meet up once a year in Switzerland. For me even just seeing her past two shows, I can tell how CLOY is her best show/script she's written. Every little detail was put in there for a reason. This is also why come filming time as actors they wanted to make sure they said everything that was written. Maybe another reason why HB was so eager to get find out how the show/acting would be received post filming. 

Smart updated with a new little promo

@HappyForLove I think he was catching her that was why. That is also another reason why he kept his hands like far apart from the beginning to have more support when she jumps on him while practicing which hug would be better. 

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

Hey @wolfie26 I am all in for starting a closed club to keep this level of toxicity and policing out . I am all in for it . I say go ahead pls with starting a club where we can post and enjoy Sharing our viewpoints without being attacked, policing, and shut down by other level of toxic shippers. Thank you 

• Like 3

I actually don't think that added voice in the promo suited well with his. The promo in general made me cringe a bit :lol: However, yes why they tweet like that I actually didn't notice the "Binnie" part before

@ncly that video would have gone well with my June 3 post back then for my 20th anniversary appreciation posts on what HB says about SYJ as an actress. 

Maybe I missed watching the one in 1:15 mins. I don't really remember this interview. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

Every little detail was put in there for a reason.

this is why while filming, Park Ji Eun is so strict to the script. I thought director have said that.. this is actually related to the reel and real hint of BINJIN relations. Its seems well prepared and sounds like they talk about it. Sometimes Its more make sense The LA things not only about private dating but also talk about CLOY script, the timeline has been talk at the early page and at the time the writer is also currently in LA since she had a home in LA too.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

@Walk Kindly yea I remember reading the talk on that. We really dont know the pre production timeline for the show when the director got involved. I think this is one of her shows that ended up with 3 filming locations. For TLOTBS, it was mainly filmed in SK and around Spain. Since it seemed like he wanted them on the show regardless of the rumors that had come out. So maybe checking "Schedule" also had to involve the potential filming locations they had planned to film for the show. Plus they had a lot of "in talks" casting news before officially confirmation came out between March-May. It is even similar when they were in talks for TN. In total, I think it was 3 potential casting news in the month of May and for that movie, the movie was to be filmed the next month. 

The director was filming his other show Romance is a Bonus Book in October 26 2018/filming probably in Nov?. So he must have gotten approached sometime after he finished that show. That show was also on tvn. 

• Like 5