[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

9 minutes ago, QueenieBee said:

I honestly don't get it. But then I think this came down to 7 individuals and for whatever reason CLOY was not their cup of tea. Did they actually watch the whole series or do they just preview some episodes? Also, clearly the international perspective vs the SK perspective is completely different. 

award giving entities are mostly subjective based on their set preferences and yeah biases (most of the time), it's their organization anyway.

Baeksang consists of how many judges btw? ahh 7 or 8 - now compare that to the critics and viewers  who were and still are raving about how CLOY  is indeed a remarkable masterpiece.

Besides, CLOY being  etched in every viewers hearts all over the WORLD is more than a Baeksang or even a Daesang trophy.

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 4

37 minutes ago, PrettyNoona said:

I think Vast is on the move now. Damage control!!! However I don't think there will be another statement to denial. 

Girl do not even jinx us like that! :lol: Vast is like the bane of our collective existence... I have no trust in them. 

• LOL 15

1 hour ago, wolfie26 said:

Did smart account delete the pic ???? V@st is awake and started the cleaning .... 

I think so- I wanted to repost on Fb but when I looked at PublicityAsia's page- the pic was gone.  I hope SYJ didn't say no.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, blackbeannoodle said:

Ughhhh we’re getting so much BinJin content and it sucks to read depressing news. I don’t think Bin Jin got any votes from the judging panel... At the very least , SYJ deserved more recognition for her role in CLOY, especially for her acting the last two episodes. Whatever, her fans loved it and the public clearly liked the show enough to tune in and set a record, that’s what mattered, not the judges. 

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/06/08/baeksang-2020-releases-voting-results-for-drama-awards-revealing-narrow-win-of-kang-na-neul-over-namgong-min-and-kim-dami-with-1-vote-over-jeon-mi-do/

I personally think they already decided not to  focus on CLOY because of the NK story in this drama. Even before the drama start shooting people in SK already have negative perception on CLOY due to the political issue. How come people outside of South korea even people in the west can appreciate the storyline more. In fact CLOY was inspired by an actual event in 2008. 

Or is it because it involves a North Korean defector in their team???? Hmmm 

"Crash Landing on You is in many ways a typical K-drama romance, but has been widely praised for its well-researched and nuanced portrayal of North Korea, something it achieved by having a real-life North Korean defector on its writing team, as BBC Korean's Subin Kim explains." article from BBC news. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 6

27 minutes ago, eLizza said:

PS: Fun fact..The Oscar Winner Parasite didn't get the Best Screenplay in Baeksang..LmAO 

I know! I thought Parasite was going to get a bit more wins. That's why rest of Baeksang was a blur after popularity as we were getting more from CLOY not winning either. However good thing their pics kept on getting posted online. So that got me through the hours where I should have been sleeping. Things I do now because of them ^_^

• Like 3
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, eLizza said:

I know it right..it is so disheartening.. If you read the explanations given by the Baeksang officials it's so funny cause whatever their judging parameters were ...it perfectly suited CLOY ..and still they chose to ignore it.

And not considering YJ in top 3 is just:angry:..

We were able to let it go but no ..they had to stir the pot to say that it was perfectly fair without any prejudice..Their opinions were so subjective and felt like trying to please people .. Sorry for my rant and I m in no way disrespecting the  winners. Just feel bad the way CLOY was treated and used as a bait to garner audience. It would have been better if they nominated it in few categories.

Yeah I totally get you, I mean our frustration does not need to mean disrespecting the winners, it’s just a matter of difference in opinion I guess. And yeah basically the fact that they got so many nominations also created the expectation that they would bag at least some awards! It irritates me the more I think back about both HB and SYJ’s acting, they are so elite. Oh well if anything, perhaps we can just hope and pray that CLOY opens the door for them to better opportunities and better recognition in the future.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

On 6/9/2020 at 12:15 AM, mamipoppins said:

I think so- I wanted to repost on Fb but when I looked at PublicityAsia's page- the pic was gone.  I hope SYJ didn't say no.

I think they may have noticed we and other people online were talking about it especially in the comments. So they didn't want rumors to get out  press release. So here's to us waiting patiently. I'm also surprised the PR page decided to tease about it. Also they're following SYJ lol 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

36 minutes ago, CLOYALLL said:

Maybe some korean paparazzi threatend Yejin yesterday that they will release behind-the-scene clips of their sweetness (like the video today) 

so Yejin dropped her own A-bombs last night and was like "better if it will come from me" :D:D:D

Actually I can see that happening. Also why just post about SYJ and jhi and not upload the rest on the same day. Makes me wonder if they had more and their teams were like we need to review your footage ^_^ or maybe there was other content that day from other media that they managed to get rid of. Their teams are sure working hard lol 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, Intuition1 said:

Where can I read an English translation of the Baeksang judges' explanation?

Someone translated the full naver article on twitter.can't seem to find it now :sweatingbullets:.Another English outlet posted some parts of the article.

Anyways leave it.. It won't do us any good.It will be better if we not give any attention to Baeksang..

For the time being just focus on the Binjin candies we are getting.. Don't think about the negative things and let us just wait for the big RiVeal.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

A brand new day...Things on my mind

1. Why is vast deleting content? What SYJ/Publicityasia giveth, VAST taketh away.....Sigh!
  2. The BTS of BAA look at them strolling..
  3. What I would give to be a fly on the wall in SYJs appt- Did she wake up with a hangover today or not? The most plausible explanation seems to be that she/they forgot to switch accounts while liking binjin content? Whether it was bin or jin doing the linking- we shall never know!
  4. I am so irritated that the other ship thread is on top when I logged in today morning. Seriously so bugging. Binnie is one in-demand dude..being shipped with 2 women with so much fervour...maybe Korean TV should think of a Binnie Bachelorette!

• LOL 14

18 hours ago, RiRiGaGa said:

So in case you’re wondering who is this delulu writer who is listing off all of these numbers. What does she know about BinJin and how is she qualified to share info about BinJin?

Let me support my writing by saying that I have: 1 degree in English Lit and Writing, 1 degree in Psychology,  2 Master’s degrees in education and teaching, 2 years of law school, and 6 months left in an accelerated 1-year nursing degree. So I guess you could say that I'm somewhat literate. 

You are such an adorable dork! :D 

Your posts are making it hard for me to maintain my silent shipper persona. :ph34r:

Please let us know when you decide to publish a full on BINJIN book. I'd like to pre-order the first batch! :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2