[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

3 minutes ago, Jhari♥자리 said:

Totally agree on this. I feel like it needs 1 size bigger :unsure: (I'm no fashion expert).

When he walked on the red carpet and unconsciously fixing his side shirt, it looks like he's uncomfortable. I feel like if he wish to close the blazer, it'll not do. But, he still managed to look debonair in that blue suit. It fit his color and masculine body.

I thought maybe it was a bit too small as well? I wonder if he had time to get it properly fitted since he may have been shooting earlier that day. Either way, the colour rocked and he just makes everything look good. 

Re: the pevious comment - who is bashing YG? I don't see anyone doing that. 

• Like 4

For me, whatever brand of clothings they wore at the BAA, they both rocked it. Son Ye Jin actually stole the nyt with her full volume appearance that show cases her beautiful face and body figure because of that RL fitted perfectly into her..She carried well regardless of the dress's simplicity, style and brand...Hyun bin did rock as well only he is obviously tired during the event ( which we all know the reasons why) that affects his bright aura . Almost everyone fell with them.. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Jhari♥자리 said:

Totally agree on this. I feel like it needs 1 size bigger :unsure: (I'm no fashion expert).

When he walked on the red carpet and unconsciously fixing his side shirt, it looks like he's uncomfortable. I feel like if he wish to close the blazer, it'll not do. But, he still managed to look debonair in that blue suit. It fit his color and masculine body.

Oh I just figured that was because he recently put on the navy jacket on. As we saw when he arrived (before carpet) from the pics, he wasn't wearing it. I just assumed since it was very hot in SK that day., he put on the jacket before he got into the car for the carpet. That was why he was fixing himself

Anyways, I know nothing about fashion but it still looked ok to me. If anything, it is much cooler inside the venue. Outside was hot. So he was more uncomfortable wearing so much lol

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

that’s simply just cause blue is a Kim family color kind of thing. His mum especially. Even his dad and bro wore blue. The entire family was in blue when they went for his FM in Hongkong. I am sure you would have noticed how much or often he wears blue? It’s in the kims. 

@Chewy Oh really dear?! I hope you can show us a picture of his family.  I don't dig about his family much but I like his works since MNKSS days and up til now, I just adore his acting and his humility,  That intrigues me since my favorite color is shade of blue as well.  Anything blue fascinates me.  So eager to see his family photo though.  If you may share a photo, it will be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

50 minutes ago, iamjelbel said:

@Chewy Oh really dear?! I hope you can show us a picture of his family.  I don't dig about his family much but I like his works since MNKSS days and up til now, I just adore his acting and his humility,  That intrigues me since my favorite color is shade of blue as well.  Anything blue fascinates me.  So eager to see his family photo though.  If you may share a photo, it will be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

I think he doesn't talk or bring up his family for a reason / for privacy. This is why there are no pictures online of his family. Most Korean actors including SYJ don't talk about their personal life anymore like their family as they know how netizens are. While watching his interviews and reading this past interviews the last couple of months, I believe this Taxi interview was the only time he went into more detail about his personal life. This was during SeGa days. So you probably seen it already. The other two parts are on that person's account

Whenever I watch their acceptance speech again. I will remember he smiled lol

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, 2Riornot2Ri said:

Hi all, 

I was introduced to CLOY January of this year, and was instantly hooked and binged watched all available episodes and eagerly awaited every weekend when new episodes are released. This is the first Kdrama i have watched; while i initially got curious because of the unique NK storyline, and upon watching i found alot of positives in the drama (those OSTs are amazing!), what kept me interested the most is the strong chemistry and immersive acting of the BinJin couple. This made me want to know more about them after the drama ended, which led me to the Soompi CLOY thread, and eventually this BinJin shipping thread. I didn’t really care about celebrities before, and yet here i am shipping my first ever celebrity couple.

Decided to delurk since i found recent events on BinJin and the discussions here quite interesting, and thought to offer a male perspective (yes, i am a guy, this is my secret life and not even my wife knows that i am a closet BinJin shipper lol).

Firstly, on CLOY not winning what we think they deserve in BAA, i think politics is likely an important factor, given recent escalation in tensions around the same time the BAA nominees were announced and judges were making their decision. Even within SK there was negative press related to this when the drama was announced and a threat of lawsuit when it was airing. This is not to take away from the winners, even if i have not watched those dramas, i am sure they also delivered great performances since they were also nominated, but if you were the BAA judges, would you want to potentially be the cause a new round of political tensions by giving CLOY high profile awards that will surely have global media attention given the drama’s popularity? In a tight race with tough and almost equally deserving competition, a concern like this could be the deciding factor to tip the vote in favor of the other contenders. In hindsight, it makes me wonder if the writer had not openly called the countries NK and SK, and instead used fictional country names maybe this could have been avoided (in a western political drama i watched before, they had one episode where the plot was about the conflict between fictional countries they called East and West Honshu, but if you read between the lines, you can tell it is about NK/SK). Anyway, what is done is done, maybe CLOY had to be sacrificed for the greater good of peace and political stability, and nomination is the best it could have gotten under the circumstances. Regardless what happened at BAA, the validation from fans globally which none of the other nominees can match is enough proof that CLOY and its cast are winners. From a professional perspective, BinJin are clearly winners, their brilliant performance in CLOY has earned for them a global fanbase which will only help their future career prospects.

Back to BinJin, it was very clear to me with the grocery incident there is something going on between them. As a guy, i will not fly halfway across the world to meet just a mere acquaintance, and even a close friend there has to be a really valid reason, for example if that close friend has already migrated to that country. It makes no sense to me for Bin to go that far away, waste so much time and energy on flight and have to deal with jetlag, to meet someone who he can more easily meet up with in their own country. And they met there not even for sightseeing, but grocery shopping?! This tells me that clearly at the time, Bin has romantic intentions pursuing Jin, and she is open to his advances to agree to meet him. That it happened around the time and likely for the celebration of an important occassion (her birthday) with rumors of a lunch with Jin’s family gives added weight to it and tells me Jin has strong interest too; if you went to the trouble of going so far away to have alone time on your birthday to spend with family, why then would you entertain meeting someone who is just a normal friend, when you can do so after you return from your trip, in your own country? Their agencies also did not know how to deny at first and had to check back with BinJin on what to say when the clear as day grocery photos were released, after initially conifidently denying the rumored lunch with Jin’s family. Put the puzzle pieces together and you can tell this is more than likely a pre-planned secret romantic meetup between mutually interested parties to celebrate a special occassion.

Now the grocery incident happened a few years back, from then things could have progressed, or it could also have stalled. So you look at what were the developments since then, and while alot has happened and would be too much to talk about in just one post, I would like to fast forward to recent events because ultimately thats what we would want to know, is the ship still sailing at this moment? 

1. Metro interview - alot has been said of this, but the fact that Bin voluntarily brought up Jin in a question that was about this own physical appearance, and with that facial expression, tells me he clearly still has Jin in his thoughts at all times. I catch myself having that same reminiscing smile when i am reminded of special moments shared with my girlfriend (now my wife) when we were dating, so i can relate with what was going on there with Bin. Questions were obviously pre-screened, but we dont know if just by V employees or Bin himself, but either way it gives him away. If it was screened by Bin himself, then he chose to include the question, and his pre-prepared answer needlessly included Jin; if it was just screened by V employee, i pity the poor V employee who could not have known that such a seemingly innocent question could trip up the boss into remembering an event 2 years ago and answer that way, revealing to all that Jin continue to be his top of mind.
  2. Pifan vs BAA comparison - this is specifically on how Bin acted towards Jin in these events. In Pifan, he didn’t know her personally yet, so his actions were just being polite, how a typical gentleman would act towards most women - while he went ahead towards the stage, but he looked back to check if she was ok, and let her give her speech first. In BAA, his actions towards Jin were extra attentive and protective, letting her walk ahead, but surveying the situation ahead and making sure to be nearby when he saw potential hazards like wires, him watching her steps, etc. This is the exact same thing i do for my girlfriend/wife, kids, parents, i.e. for those people i deeply care about, so seeing the contrast in his approach, but for the same person, is quite telling of the change in Bin’s mindset towards Jin now. And when a guy does this for a lady he likes, it is also a way of warding off competition and letting it be known that this is my girl so you other guys back off lol
  3. Joint acceptance of individual popularity awards - reading the english translation of their speeches, you can tell it was coordinated such that Bin and Jin each gave bits and pieces to complete an overall message. Bin brought up CLOY, while Jin is the one who called out co-actors/actress and director of the drama. Bin expressed thanks to fans for their efforts voting for them, and Jin made sure to highlight that includes both Korean and international fans. Bin offered the information they are aware of all the effort fans did on their computers and cellphones, and Jin shared they were also monitoring the developments everyday together with the fans. Bin made sure to also express his well wishes for Everyone dealing with Covid, and they both promised to repay fans with future roles and better acting. They covered all important messages without being repetitive through their combined couple speech. Then backstage even if they didnt need to, they still interviewed together, posed close together sharing just 1 trophy, and repeatedly mention “we” in their speech. Clearly they approached this as a couple award even if it is not, because they knew fans delivered it to them as a couple award, and to me it is telling particularly for Jin that she knows about it, and is ok with it, despite being known to be protective of her reputation and avoiding dating “scandals”.
  4. Color Coordinated Outfits - Jin wanted to wear gold, now Bin’s stylist has to find a color that goes well with that, and hence the navy blue tux, an interesting choice when other men were wearing black (i am sure most ladies here already know, but if you do a quick google search of the best companion colors for gold, you will find dark blue is one of the top choices). Why is this important? If i were not in good terms with someone, or i dont want to fuel further couple speculations to avoid dating “scandals”, i will surely not coordinate colors to make us look even better as a couple, knowing that we will be on stage to receive an award together.

As you can tell from above, Bin’s giveaways from recent events are much more direct (he has always been the more obvious one), while Jin’s are a bit more nuanced, more of indirect confirmation - she indirectly confirms she continues to be interested (at least) by not doing actions that confirm she is not interested. Jin herself said that she is aware and was monitoring social media posts on Tiktok voting, which means she is definitely also aware of all the BinJin shipping going on in social media. If its untrue they are in a relationship she would want to put a stop to that, so why continue to encourage that narrative of being a couple by doing couple speeches and posing as a couple for an individual award, and wearing coordinated outfits that make them even more shippable as a couple? Jin herself said that she would like to get married by 40yrs old which is just a couple years away, if she does not see a future with Bin, why continue to allow herself to be romantically linked to him, and thus discourage other potential suitors and lose time, when she could easily put a stop to it by personally issuing a denial they are dating, which she had no problem doing for other men linked to her in the past? And please, saying they laughed the rumors off, or that they were not holding hands under the table, or that they were only meeting with other friends in LA, these are just misdirection and far from being actual denials of dating. When grocery shopping happened it confirmed for me that there is at the very least mutual interest, it has been 3 years since and while Bin is still an open book, I daresay Jin can’t still be just at “interested” stage given her self declared timeline and they are likely much further along their relationship by now.

On BinJin being “cold” to each other in BAA, that never crossed my mind when i was watching. I saw what i expected to see, which is BinJin acting prim and proper in an event where they should act prim and proper. It would be unbecoming of them to cause a scene by openly flirting and blatantly displaying affection, in an event meant to celebrate the acting profession of all the attendees, amidst the somber backdrop of Covid and social distancing. They cannot just hijack BAA and turn it into their own engagement party, knowing what the event is about and knowing how much hype there is on them already that could overshadow everyone else if they are not careful. Their effort to deflect attention away from themselves show that they are sensible and socially aware human beings and is commendable, it is quite surprising to me that it got twisted by some into a negative narrative.

In fact, for me part of the fun while watching a show i could not understand a word of what they were saying, was catching those little moments when BinJin let their guard down a bit, because despite their best attempts, they also can’t help it and still give away bits of affection here and there. Bin is much better at it now than before, i guess he is learning after seeing all the videos online of how he gives it away all the time, but he still needs more practice! I mean you can literally see him consciously catching himself staring at Jin again, and instantly switch back to serious mode and look robotically straight ahead at the camera. At least now he is able to correct himself and not need Jin to nudge him back to his senses, so thats an improvement lol.

Whew, a long essay for my first post. In summary, with Bin you look at what he does, but with Jin you look at what she does not do. From what i saw and didn’t see on the recent events, ship is sailing steady! They will reveal what they want to reveal at the time that is right for them, which is how it should be because it is their personal lives and relationship that is at stake.

Well said. best point of view for a men.. Keep sailing and praying..

• Like 7
  • Love 1

First off, wanted to say how everyone is cordial, respectful and insightful on this forum. I've learned  so much from you all. I just wanted to share this quote I found that speaks volumes of what I've seen watching HB and SYJ in their interactions.

May they protect whatever they have and hold it close. Stay safe and healthy, everyone!

"Soulmate: A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet - a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before. As this connection develops over time, you experience a love so deep, strong, and complex, that you begin to doubt that you have ever truly loved anyone prior. 

Your soulmate understands and connects with you in every way on every level, which brings a sense of peace, calmness, and happiness when you are around them."

• Like 11
  • Love 12
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Chewy said:

I have no idea why they insist on putting him on a RL had it not for YJ just so they could be the Lauren couple, the fit is so bad that if not for the fact he looked this good, it would have gone south for anyone else. Everyone else rocked their diors and chanel and all....I am not pleased honestly with that suit. But I have to give it up to Yejin for slaying that RL dress, anyone of a lesser caliber would end up looking like being wrapped in a sequin rug.

And why does it have to be something from 2019 when the others that are junior are already wearing Chanel, Vuitton and Dior Couture 2020.....

Ralph Lauren is reserved for grocery shopping, definitely not for Baeksang awards ceremony and definitely not for these 2 A-listers who deserved something way better!! Possibly my only rant for BAA this year! When they present the same awards next year, I hope they get dressed the finest it can be. 

I’m about to go to the nursery and look for my new plant babies but this portion of the post interests me so much (hehehe) so imma respond to it:

- HB’s suit: had it not for the colour and the fact that it was him wearing it, it would not be as wow. If I’m being nitpicky, I wonder why his jacket was unbuttoned - was it ill-fitted? And the pants seem larger for his size. If it were me, I’ll have it altered (I altered most of my attire hahaha). Maybe not enough time idk. But yeah, the fit could’ve been better. Though I gotta say, if it’s on others it’ll look like a polar bear trying to fit in. He can wear a gunny sack and make it fashion (ok this is just me fangirling but yeah). The colour is good on him though - I like him in blue.

- YJ’s dress: I agree too - it would’ve looked like a sequin rug or a pillow to others but it worked for her. Or she made it work somehow with alteration I reckon.

- Brand and seasons choice: Could’ve gotten better. I’m surprised that it’s RL because that’s what I wear (I wear their pants for my field work / case investigations all the time), and I’m not even a someone high up lol. It’s not that they don’t get high fashion house sponsors before - was expecting HB in Dior or YSL (oooh I love this brand - very sexy) or at least Tom Ford. But they made it work with what they have. Putting a mental note to the stylists next time. Even the season is not current. Was expecting a pre-F/W 2020 at least.

Not too sure what other posters would’ve thought, fashion-wise (I love fashion).

Ok going back to plant mommy mode... ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BinJinSsi said:

OMG yes!!! Although they looked great in RL, i would much rather see them in Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Saint Laurent, Tom Ford, Armani or Dolce and Gabbana. I am sorry but they deserve more than Ralph Lauren.  Unless of course, they are cooking up something with the brand in the near future, thus the unconventional choice. 

The only Ralph Lauren I remember in the red carpet was Gwyneth Paltrow’s pink dress from years back — and I felt that was ill-fitting even. 

I really think she looked beautiful in that RL. With the ongoing Pandemic and other problems the world are facing I think she is consciously aware and made a conscious effort to wear something that is Not too flashy, but beautiful and occasion appropriate. One of the many reasons why we love them both. They are mindful of everyone and everything around them.

And for the record, that pink slip RL gown Gwyneth wore at the Oscars which btw, gave her that Oscar trophy is considered to be one of the best dresses worn at the Oscars.

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

@flailingfangirl i noticed the pants as well.  it looks a little big for him? Even my sister noticed it too. but looking at him overall, still dashing as ever! 

the night before, I had doubts about the Ralph Lauren dress she’d reportedly wear. And then she came out of the van looking like a Goddess just like that. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 2

27 minutes ago, flailingfangirl said:

- HB’s suit: had it not for the colour and the fact that it was him wearing it, it would not be as wow. If I’m being nitpicky, I wonder why his jacket was unbuttoned - was it ill-fitted? And the pants seem larger for his size. If it were me, I’ll have it altered (I altered most of my attire hahaha). Maybe not enough time idk. But yeah, the fit could’ve been better. Though I gotta say, if it’s on others it’ll look like a polar bear trying to fit in. He can wear a gunny sack and make it fashion (ok this is just me fangirling but yeah). The colour is good on him though - I like him in blue.

Delurking here. Gosh yes I noticed the pants are kind of too loose and top blazer seem too small when I saw the photos (not sure if it's been talked about already because I've been away and missed 100s of pages of discussion. ) Luckily it was Hyun Bin who pulled it off...  but what a coincidence they're wearing the same brand RL.. but the blue looks good on him..

I miss them but been busy lately :bawling:.. hopefully I have time to catch up the pages I miss

Buy why wear 2019 clothes? To honour their grocery incident?:sweatingbullets: Hard to understand if others are wearing 2020 clothing.

• LOL 5

Having read posts here of many people being disappointed/sad/angry that CLOY didn’t pick up the important awards, just want to remind everyone that political tensions probably played an important factor. We all know that there was a married scene with twin girls scheduled for CLOY that was eventually deleted because of this issue. It does not strike me even for one second that the show didn’t win because its quality, execution, plot or likability are somehow not on par with its competitors. Let’s not forget that by the time CLOY finished airing, it was the second most highly rated kdrama in Korean cable TV history - if that doesn’t prove the drama’s success in the country I don’t know what can. 

Most importantly, to me the popularity of a drama and its actors aren’t determined by whether they win the grandest prize. For example the X-factor made famous household names like One Direction and Fifth Harmony, both of which weren’t the final winners. The fact that BinJin dominated Tiktok votes and the explosive recognition CLOY has received around the world speaks louder than winning any award imo. At the end of the day, what we’ll remember 10, 20 years down the line is how much the show touched our hearts and taught us about love and sacrifice, than any award they won. American Psycho and In the Mood for Love didn’t win Oscars but doesn’t mean they aren’t amongst the most momentous movies ever made!

Edited by hiitsnina
  • Like 11

DEAR Sophia@2020,

We have the same thoughts. We both belong to the International fans group. How i wish the Koreans realize how lucky they are to have such gifted talents who can influence the World. BTW, when some friends come and express they are depressed, i always tell them to watch CLOY. It helped you know. SYJ and HB are gaining day by day new admirers.

Thank you. You expressed it so well!

• Like 7
  • Love 4