[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

Hello my Binjin family...my eyes and my heart are so full  and well fed right now with all the predictions..but for a while setting aside all these major awards and from the various tweets that we are seeing with regards to their attendance, after tonight SK time, the popularity award will certainly be known as per the votes. Will that at least secure their attendance in Baeksang awards night? what are your thoughts clan?

59 minutes ago, Walk Kindly said:

Edelweiss New beautiful Piece of work as always.. Really hope we will had the answer on the video thumbnail soon..

Ohh yeah this is a really beautiful fmv. Especially the song "Will You Mary Me" is so lovely and is sung by my another fav apart from Hyun Bin .It really sets the mood for binjin's upcoming announcement.

There is another hit song by the same actor/singer titled "Noona cause you are my woman"..And I think this song will also suit them as technically YJ is still his noona.:lol:

@Cloy_eva just loved your analysis related to Baeksang..

I was glad that you boldly said that CLOY is the first kdrama to have this craze globally and not only in Asia. We dealt with quite some naysayers about it pages ago who were skeptical about its impact. CLOY managed to capture many newbies into watching kdramas. I m relatively new in kdrama world compared to you . So I don't know much about the extent of the hallyu popularity of the dramas of the 2000s. However I haven't seen articles about a certain drama popping up left and right  from  various parts of world in recent few years. I mean who could've thought that kdramas will conquer the middle east and would trend there in Netflix. Its worldwide success is partly because of Netflix as well . BUT still it wouldn't have managed to go so far if not for its exceptional quality. Most of the non-asians only have high praise regarding CLOY.

Also you were right regarding the best drama award pattern, that it is not given out to much light hearted romantic stuffs. The last time a rom-com won the Best drama award was actually 9 years ago. I think no one will be surprised if I blurt out its name. Secret Garden was the winner. So let us wait and see if HB's luck will shine  again this time and CLOY bags the award.

Although chances are very very low..but my personal biased choice would be YJ for Daesang and HB for Best actor . Apart from me finding them deserving for these awards, HB -YJ will then have one best actor and Daesang in their kitty for tv category.

And yeah last but not the least best drama or best screenplay for CLOY. Anything else apart from it ,will be a bonus. Okay I should stop now and  check my rationality .:sweatingbullets:

I have one question though. Given the current stats..it is almost likely that binjin going to  win the popularity poll.So I want to know when will be the winners officially declared cause the result is pretty much out already. But... as Chewy said there will be some filtration of votes so we can't say anything based on the final vote  count. Those who have followed Baeksang before, can you just clarify if the popularity awards are announced only at Beaksang night and not before that.

Thank you in advance!!

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 5

2 hours ago, Choi sam sook said:

“Its just from something called dc inside” legit or not I have no ide, someone took SS posted it on Twitter and it becomes viral among the shippers

I even saw someone tweet, ” v@st posted HB Won't attend”

As far as I know. Nothing has been confirmed yet. 

But idk..:D

I feel like for privacy reasons they will lean to not confirm in advance - if they decide to confirm at all, maybe last minute. They don't need people waiting outside for them when Baeksang put out clear restrictions on what's happening on award show day. Like MS Team doesn't even update SYJ schedule anymore either. 

Since CLOY has a big part in their careers, one should assume they'll both be there and that HB can get a break from work to attend 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Maybe I should just condition myself in thinking the only awards SYJ and HB will be taking home are the popularity awards + screenplay so I don’t get disappointed. hahaha. 

I’ll just believe KHA wins daesang, someone else wins best actor and actress so that in the event they win, I’ll be over the moon. Hahahahaha.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, Cloy_eva said:

Thank you! Yeah, that's precisely why they everyone thinks Kim Hee Ae will win Daesang (also because she's won 2) though based on Baeksang's history I don't think she will this year. Unless of course, the judges suddenly stray away from their usual patterns. haha.  The judges did reward the Hallyu success of DOTS and Goblin by giving them the grand prize. I really hope the same happens for CLOY this year.

TBH, who gets daesang kind of determines who wins the other top awards. haha. I really can't imagine TWOTB winning Daesang because that's the grandprize, and it totally makes sense that the winner comes from a show nominated for Best Drama and even screenplay. 

This I will say though, there are 3 people i think will be robbed if they go home without a major award:
-Park ji eun, writer of CLOY
-SYJ of CLOY
-Kim Hee Ae of TWOTB

I think these three are really deserving of top awards. So given that Baeksang likes distributing their awards and as it is, Best Actress is the most stacked and competitive, it makes sense that an actress wins Daesang. 

For reasons I mentioned earlier, and as good as TWOTB it mostly garnered acting awards. Mind you during Goblin's time, i also couldn't imagine Gong Yoo  going home empty handed and same for it's writer. Gong Yoo went home with best Actor while the writer won daesang. 

So based on Baeksang's trend of awarding daesang to shows who also got nominated for best drama (i think this implies that the show as a whole was superb from all aspects), it may turn out like this:

BEST ACTRESS: Kim Hee Ae
BEST ACTOR: PSJ or KHN or JJH
BEST DRAMA: WTCB
BEST SCREENPLAY: CLOY WRITER
DAESANG: SYJ

Yes, Park Seo Joon has a very strong performance in IC and he is probably my most favourite Kdrama actor. Kang Ha Neul is brilliant in WTCB too, I could relate to his emotions. But I am really rooting for HB this time. Compare to his acting, which I felt like lacking a bit here and there, in his previous films and dramas that I recently watched, he leveled up miles away higher in CLOY and I am not being biased. He showed versatile acting in one show - comedy, action, drama, romance and he portrayed it all effectively.

OMG, it's so hard to choose haha but I am really rooting for SYJ for Daesang and HB for Best Actor... and if Baeksang is generous enough, Best Screenplay or Director - CLOY. They could award the rest to other dramas haha. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, SHpectator said:

Wow, i am surprised that TWOTM is actually not nominated for Best Drama?! With all the buzz and ratings records it's gotten, i assumed it's the drama to beat (i haven't watched a single episode)! That changes my assumptions entirely (serves me right for not bothering to read anything outside this forum thread lol)... Cuz if that's the case, the TWOTM actors will entirely rely on their acting chops to do more than enough to win their respective categories.

2 hours ago, Cloy_eva said:

TBH, who gets daesang kind of determines who wins the other top awards. haha. I really can't imagine TWOTB winning Daesang because that's the grandprize, and it totally makes sense that the winner comes from a show nominated for Best Drama and even screenplay. 

I think TWOTM was not nominated for Best Drama and Best Screenplay because it was adapted from a UK series Dr Foster. Maybe that kind of "disqualify" it from drama and screenplay nomination. But from what I have read from audience and netizens, they feel TWOTM was actually better and more well-made than Dr Foster. So it's quite a unique case. I wonder if it's the same case why Itaewon Class was not nominated under best drama as it was a webtoon adaptation.

Well, at least we know that there is a high chance for Binjin to get the Most Popular award based on the voting results so far. Though like all of you here, I'd rather they get the best actor/ actress or Daesang award. But I am keeping my expectations very low, so that I won't get disappointed, and if they win it will be icing on the cake for me! But I really still hope for CLOY to win a significant award that night (Daesang or Best Drama or at least Best Screenplay).

We still dont have any official confirmation of Binjin's attendance accept for the korean website unofficial news.... Will we know only on that night itself during the Tik Tok red carpet and backstage interviews? Please, release some of our stress and let us know at least a day earlier!!

@bpwinces!  Shout out to bpwinces! Glad to see you here again as we wait excitedly for Baeksang and Binjin to reappear together! Looking forward to another wonderful Binjin video from you!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Thinking back to the question lol. How did it slip through the cracks lol. The way it was worded lol... :ph34r:

You're known for your beautiful skin and silky hair. What is your secret

HB: .. Yejinsshi 

Who should we be thanking for that? Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

@TotoroSY I think TWOTM was not nominated for Best Drama and Best Screenplay because it was adapted from a UK series Dr Foster. Maybe that kind of "disqualify" it from drama and screenplay nomination. But from what I have read from audience and netizens, they feel TWOTM was actually better and more well-made than Dr Foster. So it's quite a unique case. I wonder if it's the same case why Itaewon Class was not nominated under best drama as it was a webtoon adaptation.

I don't think this is the case why TWOTM was not nominated as the best drama. "Mother" in the 54th Baeksang was also not original, it was an adaptation from the 2010 Japanese tv series (even with the same title) but got nominated and awarded as the best drama in Baeksang. Personally, despite the hype and high ratings, I do not find TWOTM as one of the best dramas I have seen. The acting and pacing are all intense and I honestly got hooked in the first 3 episodes but it got a bit draggy for me moving on, there was no significant progression in the plot, it went around in circles. I think it was so popular because the plot is relatable to people who were in the same situation as one of the characters in the drama at one point. I mean the plot is pretty common in real life - cheating, other woman, broken family, community gossips, sex,  a successful career woman who is not so lucky in love and etc. All of my married or in a relationship  friends watched it too and many of them could relate as they had unfaithful partners at one time. I am just lucky I have been married for 12 years and I have never had to experience such, this is probably why I don't see TWOTM as a drama worth of a Baeksang nomination. The drama is not very creative and inspirational to me.  Though I don't find it a bad drama either. Just my two cents. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, eLizza said:

I have one question though. Given the current stats..it is almost likely that binjin going to  win the popularity poll.So I want to know when will be the winners officially declared cause the result is pretty much out already. But... as Chewy said there will be some filtration of votes so we can't say anything based on the final vote  count. Those who have followed Baeksang before, can you just clarify if the popularity awards are announced only at Beaksang night and not before that.

Thank you in advance!!

i don't know if this help, but as a BTS fans who often winning for popularity awards based on web or application votes, the winner always relate to the artist who had the higest vote. so, based on that, we can conclude who is the winner of the popularity awards. About the filtration vote, its just like a screening if that vote from real account or not because a lot of vote using boot happen so much when doing a vote based on web or apps. Plus based from my knowladge, an application or a web review every vote once a day or usually per 1 hours.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Choi sam sook said:

This is the first time in my life I get so excited to watch something that I won't understand, and that is the beksang award this Friday!!!

Anyone, who's with me?

I'm with you!

Before this I only get updated when they have won it without knowing what is that, what is this. 

But this year, make me feel uneasy, like I'm gonna married tomorrow :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Elle R said:

If these two end up doing ads for both Smart and Mediheal/Ma:nyo, I'd be on the floor. The website was def just updated; I browsed the site this past weekend and there weren't even any pics of SYJ, let alone HB. (I actually think these are old photos of SYJ.)

I am using both the MediHeal face mask and Ma:nyo Bifida Complex Ampoule :lol:, love both particularly the Bifida.

Hmm, I want to switch to their products now...mediheal and manyo. Wonder where to get them?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, yejinatic1981 said:

. "Mother" in the 54th Baeksang was also not original, it was an adaptation from the 2010 Japanese tv series (even with the same title) but got nominated and awarded as the best drama in Baeksang.

Earlier I used to think that originality may be a criteria to get a best drama nomination. But now as you mentioned this I kind of agree that it has nothing to do with adaptations. I did some digging and found out that the 2016 drama Love in the Moonlight was actually adapted from a web novel which was later on published as a book. Although that drama didn't win the award but atleast it got nominated.. This led me to believe that maybe IC was also not befitting for the best drama category and the nominated ones are legit deserving...

Spoiler

I haven't watched IC yet but the Baeksang teaser kind of gave me a hunch..I don't know why. The teaser  contained one female and  one male voice over . First one is undoubtedly Yoon Seri and the second one  if I m not wrong belongs to PSJ's character. Who knows maybe they are throwing hints that these two won't go empty handed.. But I want Binnie to win as well cause last time also he couldn't get it.:tears:

• Like 2

Hello! Delurking here because i just had to ask and i'm not sure if this has been addressed. 

If Baeksang awards tend to spread out the winners, does winning the popularity awards automatically lower their chances of winning Best Actor/Actress?

Dear family...

My wish for this year is that BinJin wins the Baeksang Award...and

CLOY wins in all the nominated categories...

Sounds out of this World...but 

I want it to be BinJin's Year...Sigh!!!!!

I know everyone here will agree...

Hahahaha..

Me and my delulu mind..:wub::wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, thegrocerygirl said:

Hello! Delurking here because i just had to ask and i'm not sure if this has been addressed. 

If Baeksang awards tend to spread out the winners, does winning the popularity awards automatically lower their chances of winning Best Actor/Actress?

We were talking about this before. It wasn't very clear. Best Actor/Actress is judged by the panel of judges. So it won't affect the wins in that category. For popularity awards, it is voted by the fans.  We are just not sure if they also win Popularity Award if they can still win it or if it goes to the runner ups. Someone had mentioned before that they may have changed the rules. So it is possible that they can win both. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PetiteYeoja said:

I'm with you!

Before this I only get updated when they have won it without knowing what is that, what is this. 

But this year, make me feel uneasy, like I'm gonna married tomorrow :sweatingbullets:

Same same same! But I still have work on Friday I may not be able to watch red carpet TikTok exclusives and the beginning of the awards night. Hopefully they'll both attend for us to have a reason to tune in :D

I'm reading comments in YT video of HB interview with metrostyle. Mostly are shippers like us, it's so fun to see there's still a lot of us months after the drama ended.

I also like to try using Mediheal and Ma:nyo but it's expensive for me hahaha maybe I'll buy after I'm done with all my bills.

I want to have this but currently sold out. I hope we can make mass orders? Gosh I'm so addicted them that I'm willing to buy anything related to our couple :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, thegrocerygirl said:

No, winning the popularity award does not affect the merit based awards by baeksang. They just have a tendency to spread it out among their legitimate awards. Also i'm sure since it's usually a panel of well respected 7 individuals  who wote, they are done voting by now. 

Usually the ones who win popularity awards are idols followed by HUGE hallyu stars since they have the more passionate fanbase (esp those of younger actors/actresses). If you noticed, when an idol is nominated for the popular awards, it most often goes to them. For this year, I automatically assumed IU was winning the popular award. HB on the other hand has had 2 MEGA HITS prior to CLOY being Kim Sam Soon and Secret Garden, so I wasn't that surprised he beat out the other idol. For SYJ it's a different story though cause IU's fanbase is HUGE. The idol HB was up against isn't as big as IU. Nonetheless, it is not easy to beat KPOP fans because are one of the most  organized  and intensely passionate in the world.  The fact that they both beat idols is a feat in itself!

I feel like SYJ will be surprised once she finds out she topped the popular votes. Even I am stunned considering how famous IU is. Goes to show the power of CLOY fans! 

• Like 8
  • Love 9