[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

The BinJin magic

That Hyun Bin is a huge part of the list of reasons behind CLOY’s phenomenal success is an obvious fact. No doubt his acting skills are impressive, and his being a perfect match to the mold writer Park Ji-eun has carved out for his character sealed the deal. He’s got every defining feature that helped make the portrayal more compelling: That charismatic gaze, that prominent jawline that adds to his masculinity, those dimples you see with his timid smile, and those broad shoulders from which his military uniform hangs ever so perfectly.  

Then, of course, there are those other factors that contributed to the show’s success: The unique and interesting plotthe amazing cast membersthe stunning locationsthe impressive cinematography, and the relaxing OST.

All these are great, but Hyun Bin acknowledges that there couldn’t have been a more perfect choice for the character of Yoon Se-ri than Son Ye-jin. The actress has been dubbed as the “Queen of Melodrama,” considering the number of projects she has done in that genre, but Son Ye-jin off-cam is one fun-loving lady, and that manifested in her on-screen persona for CLOY.   

“Son Ye-jin is a good partner to me. I’ve seen and learned a lot more as an actor in working together [with her]. She has a lot of ideas and makes me inspired. I’m having fun filming and that’s the biggest difference from The Negotiation,” he says.

The action crime thriller film The Negotiation is the first project Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin starred in together. It features Hyun Bin as an arms dealer for an international crime organization and a hostage taker, while Son Ye-jin is a crisis negotiator for the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency who is tasked to solve the hostage situation and find out the motive behind it.  

In the film, the two actors didn’t actually shoot together because for the most part, they were just talking to each via their laptop screens, save for one scene towards the latter part. In an interview, Son Ye-jin says, “There are a few opportunities for actors to work together again. But it’s meant to be in a sense. Since there was no same scene in the movie Negotiation, it’s hard to say we worked together.”

For this reason, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin expressed their interest in starring in another project where they could actually film with each other. After all, acting is reacting, and being across each other in a scene draws out deeper and more captivating emotions.

On why he enjoyed working with Son Ye-jin, Hyun bin tells us, “After filming the movie The Negotiation with Ms. Ye-jin in the past, I thought that it would be great if I would be filming with her in a different genre like romantic comedy or melodrama. Well, the time to film together came early, so I think this was one of the things that I liked. The chance to synchronize our act came early.”

It was a delightful experience overall, knowing they’re compatible with each other and that the rhythms of their acting are on the same wavelength.  The cast of CLOY filmed for about six or seven months. It was a significant amount of time for Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin to really get to know each other as actors and as individuals.

“Based on my observation as an actor, she had a huge passion for acting. She was also an actress who had the interpretation and various ideas about the scenes. That was somehow astonishing to me as an actor, and it stimulated me where various things were learned from her. I think this is what I like about acting with her,” Hyun Bin adds.    

The two stars’ extremely likable characters in CLOY earned them nominations at the upcoming 56th Baeksang Arts Awards, which is considered as the “Oscars of Korea.” The palpable chemistry between the two was too strong, in fact, that it broke through screens, gripping people’s hearts in ways the stars themselves didn’t quite expect. 

https://metro.style/people/digital-covers/korean-superstar-hyun-bin-for-metro-style/25343

I think that was the part related to them

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

At least there are more new photoshoots in there but yea nothing really new. I am a bit surprised too out of all the questions that got sent in they just chose to little for him to answer. Yes there was a good amount of personal questions but there were some interesting ones that he could have also answered

I added the BinJin Magic part of the article above lol

But the BinJin Magic part sounds familiar? Wasn't there somewhere else that wrote binjin magic? lol Or was it always metro.style lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There are still doubters regarding BINJIN. The man being rumored with another woman... But hey!!! HIS SMILE upon hearing the question which reminded HIM OF HIS WOMAN NAILED IT. ALL RUMORS DEAD! THAT SMILE SPOKE ONLY ONE WORD--LOVE!:wub::wub::wub: Yiiii!!!! I need to nebulize after seeing his new pics with METRO. GOSH!!! Cant wait for Baeksang! :love:

• Like 12
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

51 minutes ago, BJHope said:

2.       Duration of HB’s answers to these questions:

(a)    How special is the role of RJH to you? His answer takes 35s

(b)   Are you surprised at CLoY’s success? Ans: 50s

(c)    Three reasons why you enjoyed working with SYJ? Ans: 80s

(d)   How do you feel about being famous in the Philippines?Ans: 20s

(e)   You are known for your beautiful hair & skin…Ans: 35s (he talks about SYJ again)

(f)     What do you hope for in the time of Covid? Ans: 35s

I love that you wrote how many how long each part was lol. I only did it for the 3 reasons part as I kept getting distracted by how long it was. I kept loosing focus if he was telling me more than 3 reasons lol. However yes when he talked about Jinnie there, he took almost 1.5 mins which I feel like has been the longest he has ever talked about her as an actress with so much detail he went into their process of working together and what she contributed to the show. Honestly felt like he could talk about her forever. If he did that, it would have been even more obvious how much he is like missing her right now as he is filming his movie. By the time, it got to the beautiful skin and shiny hair part - he just had to bring her up again lol. 

I like analyzed that bit so much on the previous page of his little moment that I felt like the "story" I came up with just made me laugh in the end. Like I couldn't stop laughing at what he was properly thinking after being asked that question LOL. I just felt like in the end that moment of having a flashback of her saying it should be normal for him and probably at the time also meant a lot to him /reflection of her charm. Just felt like she would be teasing him about his looks and complimenting him on a daily basis already. Hence why that comment in the question didn't embarrass him lol. I think it was more for the fact we thought he had a beauty routine to keep up his good looks based on that comment lol

I think that is the only main reason I want HB to confirm if he is attending - since he is filming the movie right now. However, I feel like they should both be attending regardless. It is the Baeksang after all and the show means a lot to both of them.

I think I have been watching BinJin videos too much that I like know Binnie's gestures now to the small details. I just rewatch the moment again and I still feel like what I wrote was true on page 726 :joy:

• Like 8
  • Love 5

18 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

At least there are more new photoshoots in there but yea nothing really new. I am a bit surprised too out of all the questions that got sent in they just chose to little for him to answer. Yes there was a good amount of personal questions but there were some interesting ones that he could have also answered

i agree, i was quite underwhelmed with the questions chosen as some were already answered from the past interviews... 

it's clear metrostyle geared the interview to subtly touch on HB's beloved yejin-ssi (to cater to the thirsty shippers lol).... but i dunno they could have done a better job framing their questions and fishing some info, but yeah maybe the questions were heavily-filtered... like what makes yejin special as a partner, or does he still have dream project with her or if this is the last project they'll have what do you miss most about yejinsshi.. i guess i wanted HB to be given the chance to talk more about the human side rather than professional aspect of their pairing... but yeh mere "yejin-ssi" coming out of his lips a number of times, already sound music to my ears, so im not complaining

i didnt read yet the metro interview (quite wordy and fluffy), but i scanned it over and looks like regurgitation of what we already know and learned from our daily stalking and replay of binjin stuff in the internet. Like crash course on binjin 101 in written format.. anyway still worth scrolling thru the photos :)

In other news.. now we prep for baeksang!!! Hope someone credible can attest binjin's confirmed attendance.. also, can we confidently say this early they won't go home empty-handed (tiktok popularity awards are pretty much in the bag right? SYJ is 310k or 25% ahead of IU, is that statistically impossible to overtake?) I truly hope so!

• Like 6
  • Love 9

20 minutes ago, graziea said:

There are still doubters regarding BINJIN. The man being rumored with another woman... But hey!!! HIS SMILE upon hearing the question which reminded HIM OF HIS WOMAN NAILED IT. ALL RUMORS DEAD! THAT SMILE SPOKE ONLY ONE WORD--LOVE!:wub::wub::wub: Yiiii!!!! I need to nebulize after seeing his new pics with METRO. GOSH!!! Cant wait for Baeksang! :love:

Like how could they assume that he's back to his ex when you can obviously feel his happiness when he thought of SYJ :wub:

The fact that the interview was shot just last May 2020. Take that non-believers B)

• Like 6
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

@TotoroSY I have seen ones of mediheal and manyo of their ads side by side at a store I think it was Instagram or something before but this is the first time I saw their stuff together in an ad. When I saw that yesterday, I was like what timing. Here we are wishing they do a CF and ad together and the company that manyo and mediheal are under finally decided to put them together? 

1 hour ago, ElectricHearts said:

The sale does intrigue me LOL https://www.manyo.co.kr/shop/event_detail.php?no=65 Like I wouldn't mind buying something from mediheal and manyo LOL

If these two end up doing ads for both Smart and Mediheal/Ma:nyo, I'd be on the floor. The website was def just updated; I browsed the site this past weekend and there weren't even any pics of SYJ, let alone HB. (I actually think these are old photos of SYJ.)

I am using both the MediHeal face mask and Ma:nyo Bifida Complex Ampoule :lol:, love both particularly the Bifida.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Elle R said:

If these two end up doing ads for both Smart and Mediheal/Man:yo, I'd be on the floor. The website was def just updated; I browsed the site this past weekend and there weren't even any pics of SYJ, let alone HB. (I actually think these are old photos of SYJ.)

Hmm interesting. I mean with Baeksang coming this Friday and they just updated their website is quite intriguing to me...

As a shipper, Im not really the type to assume but with what you just said I feel like this is a hidden gem 

I mean with this kind if photo edit. Are they telling us something? lol

viber-image-2020-06-02-13-26-05.jpg

UPDATE: With a red door and an Mword. :ph34r:

viber-image-2020-06-02-13-33-03.jpg

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Choi sam sook said:

Ok don’t take this tweet too serious.

But an aunty like me doesn’t know how to connect with K FANS or to get  the inner info..

Just  a reminder for you to clear up your schedule on Friday,

just in case 

Can we have a virtual watch party on Friday? I'll take care of the soju and beer! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, RiRiGaGa said:

@TotoroSYtheir hand flirting? Only they can make hands so dang hot! LOL THRILLER movie! Righttt. :ph34r:

LOL the Vogue shoot was when he knew he found the one! He always looks for pretty hands first before anything. Hands = SON

It just happened to be coincidence there needed to be hand flirting for the shoot. So after that instead of looking at her hands, he just looks at her face/eye smile :wub:

• LOL 8

3 hours ago, GogoRoboto said:

SYJ joining Smart doesn't necessarily have to be a confirmation that they are dating. If they do plan to get SYJ to join Smart, it will be because of CLOY and their popularity as implied by MVP when he said that Captain Ri will be sad if he's alone

Sure, except the truth of the matter is that you don't keep putting yourself into projects with someone unless you want to be there. They don't owe CLOY anything, at this point. It's been out a while and made its impact. And spokesperson jobs are for cash and exposure, which neither really need. SYJ joining in would be a choice, an interesting choice that people would wonder about--third in a row with a "special someone" as opposed to moving in an entirely different direction. They are successful professionals who have lots of options, especially when we are talking advertisements, not acting. If SYJ joined Smart, she would be welcoming the obvious implication. I would assume at that point that they would be on their way to taking the relationship public. Fingers crossed!!!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 5

2 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

LOL the Vogue shoot was when he knew he found the one! He always looks for pretty hands first before anything. Hands = SON

It just happened to be coincidence there needed to be hand flirting for the shoot. So after that instead of looking at her hands, he just looks at her face/eye smile :wub:

Haha yup, he sure did mention his affinity for a woman with beautiful hands. He also said he wants a woman who dresses sexy (What's what you like huh, Ahjusshi? :D), cooks well, eats well, and has a husband by her side to make her look even better. OMG..seriously, I swear, it's like these two were asked to do an assignment called "Describe your ideal mate/list the things you look for a your ideal mate" and then they just switched papers and wrote down their OWN qualifications themselves. How else would they match these qualifications so dang dead on?! UNCANNY "COINCIDENCES" indeed! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

I just read the whole Metro dot article. Very well written article which covers all aspects. 

Now the questions about SYJ make  more sense. The article was about ClOY, HB's recent success and of course SYJ has to be a part of it. Vast and HB have definitely gone through the questions, and approved them. Probably even  vetted the article before publishing. But it's good for us because it means Mr. CEO has given his approval. The hair and skin question was a trick one that the journalist most likely sneaked in between. ( Smart of her, she might be a shipper too :joy:

Don't think we will get SYJ in the ads for Smart. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, PetiteYeoja said:

I just read in twitter someone said that SYJ will attend Baeksang this Friday. And it is CONFIRMED!

Oh, I can't wait to see her 

It will be more surprising if they don’t attend. It’s such a prestigious award giving body in Korea that the nominees usually attend. Also CLOY has the 2nd most nominations in TV. 

• Like 3