[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

32 minutes ago, Binjin2Ri said:

I heard that the winner of popularity award would always be different to the winner of best actor/actress award.

I think it's because most often than not, there's an actor or actress that were popular and have more fans than the major awardees. But this time is different, BinJin are SO popular and both deserved the major awards. I have high expectation that they will get those awards, especially Yejin for daesang and popularity award.

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, Walk Kindly said:

this is a rought translation from @TotoroSY about the malaysian news article on page 338

But from the discussion on the page 339 the article maybe just a klik bait from @liltash85 analysis

and other fellow shipper aware of it because that seems not an official statement of YJ unni

Thank you so much, @Walk Kindly ! I was lurking when this got posted and had been consuming so much BINJIN candies then I forgot which page it was at. :wub:

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, PetiteYeoja said:

I just saw a post saying that using TikTok app to vote our BinJin. What should I do now since I already promise myself and my fiancee never let that app exist on my phone.

Should I break it or not? :tears:

Pls support BinJin on this poll since that unfortunately usually idols that wins those kinda of poll (and IU is one of the contestants) also on a korean poll survey on dawn website (that wasn’t the official one) Yejin was ranked only in 3rd place but she almost didn’t even made it the 3rd place. So pls help to vote, try to talk with your fiancée and explains to him that u will just wanna use for vote. But anyways in my opinion u should have the freedom to do whatever u wanna to :D.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Spoiler

Re: Most popular actor/actress award. 

I don't think it has got to do anything with Best actor/actress award as it is solely decided by fans.  Im Yoona won the Best New actress as well as popularity award in 2009.

However when YJ won her Baeksang Best actress for Alone in Love ,she also got  highest no. of votes for the popularity. But the popularity award went to Han Ye Seul who I think got least no. of votes amongst the top 3. As far as I remember it happened around 2-3 times in a row for Baeksang during that time.

Winning Best actor/actress is not something we can guarantee cause it is really unpredictable with so much competition. But atleast we can ensure their victory for the popular award which is in the hands of fans.As far as I remember DOTS OTP won it as well as the OTP from the drama Moonlight Drawn By Clouds. With so many international CLOY fans I think HB-YJ has a good chance. At the same time we need to be wary of other nominees who are idols and have a huge fan base .Their fans will religiously vote for their bias even if their dramas were not as famous as CLOY . I m just keeping my fingers crossed and hope that HB-YJ wins atleast one award . Thus we should try our best to support and vote for them.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, charray said:

If they win the popular award, will they still be able to win the Best Actor or Best Acress award. Rightfully there should be no correlation between the 2 awards. Can anyone shed some light on this? Who are the nominees for the popular awards? 

@Chewy who also our fellow shipper (plus a south korean journalist) has share it about the baeksang popularity awards on page 382. From what she said, we really need gain a huge strength for winning. 

This is what she post

of course. I say it for both of them if they are both nominated and win in the respective categories. 
take note there is no couple award for Baeksang.
So possible nomination for our couple respectively would be:  

best actress

best actor

grand prize

for cloy would be:

best drama

best director

best script

art award

best supporting actor 

best supporting actress 

last but not least the popularity awards, this is strictly by voting and the only award that can be determined by fans through voting but looking at last year ranking for Hyun Bin only 2.52% and Yejin 0.62% is definitely not enough to win at all. 
everyone has to gather strength to make this happen for them this year. 

To win popularity awards, the votes need to be over 50%! And everyone has to come forward to vote! Take note that Voting is open for international fans too
look at this for reference to 2019 ranking 

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/ranking-popular-actress-actor/

plus Thank @AnnieCheesecake for the info!! Let's support our couple!!! :love:

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 9

1 hour ago, Binjin2Ri said:

I just came across this. 19 seconds gaze! And he’s playing with his thumbs :D

I though his 15 seconds gaze towards YJ in The Swoon Compliment Me was his record. Cograts Binnie for breaking your own records (~30% longer). 

@Walk Kindly

I remember SYJ did not have a Baeksang drama/ movie in 2019 (only in 2018 with Be With You/ SITR). How come they still voted for her in 2019?

Every Korean actors/ actresses/ idols can be voted for Popularity Awards, not only those who are nominated for Best Actors/ Actress Awards?

The below sounds so weird for me. 
Can anybody help with rules for Popularity Awards.

I guess Baeksang might have changed the rules after YJ won both Best Actress and Most Popularity votes that year. So, Yoona could win both Awards in some years later.

@eLizza

However when YJ won her Baeksang Best actress for Alone in Love ,she also got  highest no. of votes for the popularity. But the popularity award went to Han Ye Seul who I think got least no. of votes amongst the top 3.

• Like 2

There seems to be some debate as to whether or not the two similar 'Love Fire' articles had any source or a same source. My opinion is that they are too similar in wording and structure not to have come from a similar source, but they are also too different (the second being about SYJ and, in part, her range of offers) to come from the exact same source, so I am agreeing with those saying VAST and MSTeam put out something coordinated.

As a second part, the reason I say this article on SYJ is a commentary on her success and is intended to boost Baeksang interest and is not a specific plan is because of the wording "carefully considering." Saying that she is "carefully considering" is not actually saying anything at all! It could mean she's not in a rush, is feeling empowered to take time off, has a lot of projects to read through, is appreciative of having so many offers, is going to accept a project next week, or is going to accept a project next year. It's PR wording designed to be vague and cast SYJ in a professionally flattering and humble light while revealing nothing specific about her plans. To me this article is coordinated Baeksang promo.  Countdown: 11 days

• Like 8
  • Insightful 5

Hi dear shoppers just recently our beloved queen won the title of Most Beautiful Woman of 2020 by Starmometer Poll :wub:.

But now we have another poll to : Most Handsome and Beautiful Face of 2020 hold by TC Candler :

Pls show your support to our beloved BinJin. How to ? Follow those steps bellow :

The link for the nominations :

Most Handsome Faces (for king Hyun Bin):

Most Beautiful Face (for queen Yejin):

Pls comment as many as u can xoxo.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

about the new article, i thought this could be help us to gather a conclusion about it

This insight from Chewy when analyze the Malaysian Newspaper article at the page 339.

Hmm not that I know of any recent or latest interviews because if any it would be everywhere in the prominent outlets and possibly in Hangul first. And that article did not state any sources. It’s not referenced to how it was done. 

Case in reference: soompi is a very good example, they always quote the source whether the interview was granted to them by the celebrities otherwise they would quote the source the content is from. 

And I would share a few more examples of what a reference would be like: 

1) Reporter Chewy sat down with actress Son Ye Jin to find out more about her recent drama (this is a sit down interview face to face) 

2) TVN was recently catching up with Actress Son Ye Jin over the phone to find out more (reporter spoke to her personally over the phone) 

3) We asked our melo drama queen Son Ye Jin recently on her donation (as in through email or though someone that could get to her) 

the answers can be in Q&A format or written as a article! 

Hope this helps!! 

@hallyu from Koreaboo 2019 article its stated like this

"The popularity award, also known as the “V LIVE Favorite Artist”, will be given to one male and one female artist that best represents Korean drama and films. Voting was from April 12 to April 26 and international voting was allowed."

from what @AnnieCheesecake has share about the vote, i thought the media partner always change like on 2019 they work with vlive and this years they work with tiktok..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

Thank you! :) Yes it is normal. It is definitely one legitimate PR move that is not uncommon even outside of South Korea. I am with you that their agencies must be working together on this one as I've heard someone affiliated with Yejin's MSTeam was the source of the Naver article while the photo in the Dailian article came from VAST.

I feel like good things are coming soon :rolleyes:

It seems like their agencies work in tandem lately :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, celest1al said:

Hi there! Just wanted to clarify the part about, “love fire syndrome.” I’m guessing you may know since you said you get what they’re referring to, but just wanted to clear it up for some non-korean shippers out there! The translation got lost here. In the original Korean articles,  it says, “사랑불.” It’s basically a shorthand that Koreans use for “사랑시착,” which is the full title. The “사랑” part is love, and although “불시착,” means crash landing, the “불” part by itself means fire. This is probably why Google is translating it to “Love fire syndrome.” It’s just best translated as “CLOY syndrome.” Hope that helps ^_^

I do really love that quote you posted though. “Love is a friendship caught on fire...” It describes their relationship so well! :wub:

Ok I was wondering if it was just badly translated from google LOL! Literally woke up from bed and I thought I would have rational thoughts but the first thing that came to my brain was:

The syndrome of love between Mr. Ideal Type and Ms. Beautiful Face. Ok.. What's the story? A secret romance drama/an absolute confidential romance (Yea I really shouldn't use that Taiwan CLOY interview.. :lol:) I will take the coincidental articles on BinJin lol

Actually the full Bruce Lee quote from google, actually really cute and glad I found it while trying to go back to bed lol:

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.

Anyways.. good morning :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, cocolada said:

It’s great if you could post some proof about MS Team’s affiliate.

Kindly note I did carefully say in my comment in @TotoroSY's response that I heard it came from someone affiliated with MSTeam. I can show the Twitter link of an exchange I had with someone who said it (she also saw it somewhere else) and I did take the liberty of emailing the Chosun writer affiliated with Naver who wrote the article to verify it after you requested for proof.

At this point though, if the writer does confirm it, I'm not quite sure what that information will achieve? We can, however, deduce that articles like this on legitimate media platforms are written with approval from the star's agency. After all, how else would reporter Cho Ji-young of Chosun Sports have known about the overseas project proposals? She couldn't just write that the actress is carefully considering the projects if it were untrue and risk her credentials as a Chosun reporter and a Naver affiliate.

Anyway, the similarity in theme and structure of the Dailian article on HB and this Naver article on SYJ, as I've said, is not uncommon. It is common practice among entertainment and sports writers to report or write within the specific limits of a press release given to them.

Now whether or not it was the product of a joint public relations move between the two agencies is anyone's guess. :)

I'm just enjoying the thought that there is an uncanny similarity between the two articles and at the same time, I'm happy SYJ is finally getting the wider international recognition she deserves. :)

• Like 8
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 4

2 minutes ago, ElectricHearts said:

Actually the full Bruce Lee quote from google, actually really cute and glad I found it while trying to go back to bed lol:

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.

Wow! That the definition of twin flames who turn into soulmate!! thats the basic of our couple relation!! :love:

• Like 5
  • Love 6

Thanks @Walk Kindly for pointing us to that previous post of @Chewy on Baeksang Awards.

I agree that we really need strength in numbers to win the popularity awards as it is not easy against idols like IU with big fan clubs.

I recalled when the TV network in my country held voting for the most popular actor and actress awards, the fan club of the winning actor had collaborated strategically with the fan club of the winning actress so their combined fans will vote for both of them, which is how they won the popularity awards.

@AnnieCheesecake  @eLizza We cannot depend on Binjin shippers in Soompi only as our numbers is small. If we are serious about winning the popularity awards, we need to have some strategies to reach out to or have collaborations with more groups to increase our votes. We have to garner support from SYJ fans, HB fans and CLOY fans from different platforms to vote for both of them to increase our votes. Not sure if people in mainland China can access Tiktok but we should also galvanise support from Weibo fans and Chinese fans to increase our votes if possible.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 3

10 minutes ago, charray said:

@AnnieCheesecake  We cannot depend on Binjin shippers in Soompi only as our numbers is small. If we are serious about winning the popularity awards, we need to have some strategies to reach out to or have collaborations with more groups to increase our votes. We have to garner support from SYJ fans, HB fans and CLOY fans from different platforms to vote for both of them to increase our votes. Not sure if people in mainland China can access Tiktok but we should also galvanise support from Weibo fans and Chinese fans to increase our votes if possible.

Yes my dear I know that ^^ the info that I shared with u guys here it’s already getting spread on twitter and some ppl that knows about this are also active members on fb so they’ll gonna help as well. I just did my part on spreading the info :D. About the c-fans they have a “different version” of tiktok we don’t know how they’ll gonna help us and if the poll it would be available for them but we’re discussing about this on twitter.

But anyways we being small or big on this forum page it doesn’t matter, all the help is valid and each person that helps on voting for our beloved pair increases our chances  for winning .

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

Kindly note I did carefully say in my comment in @TotoroSY's response that I heard it came from someone affiliated with MSTeam.

My point is we should not speculate/ delulu too much when there are no solid proof. 

What is the point of proving these are affiliations or not? 

For sure Chosun's reporter must have called SYJ’s Agency to confirm her current project offers before she could write the article. Chosun is one of the most popular/ biggest newspapers in Korea, so they could not just public an article without checking the information. 

I don't see any point of writing to the reporter either. Shall we send a similar email to Dailian to check whether that article is also a Vast's affiliation. For what? To bother SYJ's or HB's agency? Absolutely No.

We seem to invade BinJin's privacy on trying to speculate on affiliations of those articles without any solid proof.

Maybe it's time to give BinJin some break.

• Like 8
  • Off-Topic 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cocolada said:
9 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

I've heard someone affiliated with Yejin's MSTeam was the source of the Naver article while the photo in the Dailian article came from VAST.

It’s great if you could post some proof about MS Team’s affiliate.

@cocolada I think there must be some sort of misunderstanding here.

When I told TotoroSy, "I've heard someone affiliated with Yejin's MSTeam was the source of the Naver article", I didn't make any claims. So nothing delulu there.

See, it would be a different story if I claimed it was from MSTeam, and straight up said "Someone affiliated with Yejin's MSTeam was the source..." But this was not what I wrote.

Quoting you...

"My point is we should not speculate/ delulu too much when there are no solid proof. What is the point of proving these are affiliations or not?"

To be honest, I was actually surprised when you said it'd be great if I could post proof on this. So I think I should be the one to ask: If it came from MSTeam, what purpose would knowing so serve?

As someone who has also written for magazines in the past, I know I could get in legal trouble if I were careless at the public statements I write and made claims I could not back up. You asked that I post proof about the MSTeam affiliate (not Dailian), I doubted my Twitter exchange with someone was sufficient, I emailed the writer. If she responds, good. If she doesn't, I would not push it. As such, I would truly appreciate it if you don't take my words out of context.

Regarding speculations  -  isn't that what this shipping thread is all about? We post our delulus. We post our fantasies and theories. For as long as we are not saying anything defamatory, we're all good here.

It would be for the best if we let this trivial part of the Naver article go. It's unnecessary and I don't intend for this to become any bigger or longer more than it already is and take away from the main topic of this shipping thread and how light and fun things should be, here. :)

• Like 16
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

Yes my dear I know that ^^ the info that I shared with u guys here it’s already getting spread on twitter and some ppl that knows about this are also active members on fb so they’ll gonna help as well. I just did my part on spreading the info :D. About the c-fans they have a “different version” of tiktok we don’t know how they’ll gonna help us and if the poll it would be available for them but we’re discussing about this on twitter.

But anyways we being small or big on this forum page it doesn’t matter, all the help is valid and each person that helps on voting for our beloved pair increases our chances  for winning .

Noted. Although I do not have Tiktok, I will download it just for this purpose. The things we do for Binjin :blush:

One of my favourite red carpet look of SYJ. Hope she will go with something similar to this.

E8-EAACA5-B23-B-41-AC-B63-D-902-DA18-EB7

Don’t know what will be the look that HB will sport at Baeksang? Will he really be sporting the look he has in his movie with facial hair and dark complexion at Baeksang? I am waiting with bated breath. B)

7-C4-A67-F1-4686-4949-9-A6-D-27-DB98-FF0

• Like 9
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 5