[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

1 hour ago, cloyfan said:

I don’t think SYJ was ever confirmed for the movie Boston. According to this article, filming started in September 2019

http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=280748

Boston was included in YJ’s film porfolio since the end of 2018. I’m just not so sure if she had rejected the offer for Boston to accept Cloy as filming & drama schedules clashed. But the latest news is just released today as she updated her IG yesterday. I’m confused now

https://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_Boston_1947.php

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Binjin2Ri said:

I don’t wanna wait til July! :blink: This shipping business is already emotionally draining me out, I need it to reach its destination soon :lol: I promise myself I won’t ever ship anyone else after Binjin, they are a special case, my first and last. Shipping takes too much time, effort, not to mention the emotional roller coaster.....who knew shipping could be so hard :sweatingbullets:  

I commiserate and totally agree with you @Binjin2Ri, though I have been a fan of BinJin only after binging CLOY on Netflix Canada Feb 18 - 19. First time for me to join shipping/fan forum, spend time learning about BinJin (news and other postings on the Web) and even posting here! Once this ship reaches its docking station, I’ll 

send  my congrat cheers to the couple (Vast Address ) and fellow shippers here, and silently fade away from “shipping” business. :rolleyes: But BinJin will remain dear to me for what they have shared with us fans, willingly and wittingly.:wub: 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Spoiler

Spoiler

There was a lengthy post by @jinjinon SYJ being a top grosser in SK and that HB has a long way to catch up.  But let me put more light on the matter.  First SYJ being #1 among female actors & #2 overall & HB #27 among male actors reflect theater TICKET sales only and NOT TV Dramas

I think HB & SYJ are pretty EVEN. SYJ is on a higher plane but the gap is not that wide. Though SYJ is much bigger in SK in terms of films, HB is bigger in and outside Korea in KDramas having been a Hallyu for more than a decade since KSS (2005-with almost 50% viewership) followed by SEGA (2010) which were both mega blockbusters in SK & Asia. In SEGA, HB won Baeksang's Daesang.  In fact, personally, I came to know HB since KSS time (at 22 years old, w/ spiked hair- HB in KSS was phenomenal).  I knew about SYJ in CLOY time.

None of SYJ's KDrama released in Asia did well (e.g. Summer Scent with hallyu Song Seong Heon of Endless Love).  Neither does she have any TV series that did better than those of HBs in SK. Outside SK,  SYJ was hardly known until CLOY came.

Added to HB's laurels is that he belongs to a prominent, well-educated family in SK.

So, I think the PAIR is balanced. The point is:  Binjin are NOT in competition. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT STRENGTHS.  BINJIN should Not be pitted one-on-one because they are NOT antagonists. They are a couple & they are happy with each other's successes. 

HB is truly a man. He is not intimidated by SYJ's achievements but appreciates them.

Parallel to CLOY, YSR is the chaebol, the heiress, the more powerful between the two. RJH is from an influential family but it is his Father who has power, Not him. He isn't a chaebol.  But he showed the highest level of manliness. He ISN'T egotistical. He served her, cooked for her, filled her pantry and ref with food, protected her and loved her. 

His prerecorded texts were the key to their Switzerland romantic rendezvous; w/o those, Ep. 16 wouldn't have happened.  In fact, he was her strength and hope.  Most of all, RJH, the near perfect gentleman, Never considered himself inferior but EQUAL to his lady love, YSR. (That's why #CLOY hits us).

Bottom line:  There's more to love and life than statistics and achievements. And for a couple, they don't compete. Instead, they share.

• Like 9
  • Love 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cgb1108 said:

Stalking a person's social media is way too much work for me - it's akin to contact tracing with the CoViD-19 .... tracing likes to other likes ... tracing people exposed to someone infected.  Not comparing SYJ's IG to the virus; on the contrary, any post she makes gives me happy energy.  She can easily close her IG and still exist as a famous celebrity - HB does. But she chooses to keep it open ... that's a big thing!  So whatever she prefers to share with the world - let's be grateful.  Let's give her the space to interact with her family & friends via IG without every "Like" scrutinized.  There are other sources of updates about them i.e. Korean entertainment media, Dispatch, Vlogs, etc. 

And for shippers interested in the Korean fan's perspective on our BinJin's skinship , I refer you to Duckhu TV on YouTube. ( May have been cited before by others.)  It has 2 young Korean girls, very fluent in both English & Korean, who reacted to BinJin's CLoY BTS.  And these two believed, amidst all the screaming & fangirling,  that HB & SYJ are together IRL!  

From the mouths of babes ...

@BinJinSuperFan Hi, you need to remove the images/videos/gifs from your quote. It’s the soompi forum rules. 

Shippers.. almost everyday there will be some quotes with images. I remembered the moderators close this forum before to clean up the posts. Can we just adhere to the simple rule 5 of not quoting images/videos/gifs? It just take less than 1 min to remove those images, not too hard right? Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

@hallyu Han Cinema did not do their due diligence in this case. Boston 1947 has already completed filming. According to the article I posted from Korea Times, it started in September 2019 and should be finished by now because Ha Jung Woo was supposed to start another project March of this year. I bet Han Cinema just wanted some clicks, figured they would get the clicks by writing about her IG post, and did minimal research in googling her rumored future projects 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 6

Re: SYJ’s international reputation. 

I’m her international fan and I got to know her and became a fan of her since she started in Summer Scent (1st wave of Hallyu Stars in Japan). Some got to know her through The Classic, April Snow and A Moment To Remember (2 top Korean Box Office in Japan so far), Personal Taste. She was popular among international fans too. The special thing about SYJ’s projects is that audiences can rewatch them again and again.

She also coworked with the biggest stars/ Hallyu Stars at their prime (SSH in Summer Scent, BYJ in April Snow, JWS in A Moment To Remember, LMH in Personal Taste)

She got US$ 1 million for a CF overseas in 2015, so she must be popular. Chinese fans in Weibo shipping thread adore and love her so much, they call her a fairy

After CLOY, she got the reputation that she deserves (her fans want her to be No. 1 Actress internationally) and I believe she has gradually become the most popular Korean Actress worldwide as she has topped many online international competitions now

Her interesting and versatire porfolios and her humble personalities has won her many more international fans after CLOY. They like her talent through her projects but they fall in love with her through her witty, bubbly, warm and humble petsonslities.

She has essentiel materials to become a Queen in fan’s hearts - a complete package of talent, beauty and personalities. She is a precious gem which is hard to find in the entertainment industry.

• Like 8
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1

@hallyu and @cloyfan Then our wedding delulu is back on then! :grin: My heartbeat stopped for a bit that there will be more delays if both of them will be filming. I have already looked for a dress for the big day just in case I get invited. :love: Let's go back to regular programming!

• Like 1
  • LOL 16

This is just my opinion on HB and YJ as actors. We don't have to compare these two. I think they are A-listers in their own right. But before they became as famous as they are now, they are KTP and SEJ first. As I observed during their interviews, they always separate their personalities from being an actor and as a person. I admire how they stay humble and grounded even with the attention given to them since. With the shared values and principles in life, I think this will be their anchor in life's journey. Whatever success and recognition one gets, his/her other half also celebrates. :heart: 

• Like 7
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Felizak@t said:

Then our wedding delulu is back on then!

There's a scene in Secret Garden where the Kim Joo-Won and Ga Ra-Im went casually to register their marriage and be done with it without any fanfare.  Is it that easy to get married in SK? Would that be possible for our OTP? I know we would love to see them walk down the aisle but the waiting is killing me :D

@Felizak@t Are you even sleeping? Nobody will pay for your eyebag removal :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

14 minutes ago, GroceryShipper said:

There's a scene in Secret Garden where the Kim Joo-Won and Ga Ra-Im went casually to register their marriage and be done with it without any fanfare.  Is it that easy to get married in SK? Would that be possible for our OTP? I know we would love to see them walk down the aisle but the waiting is killing me :D

@Felizak@t Are you even sleeping? Nobody will pay for your eyebag removal :lol:

@GroceryShipper I think I have entered a whole new level of BINJIN shipping addiction - I'll lie down after making sure that this thread has died down a bit then I will wake up suddenly, grab my phone coz I feel I have been sleeping for too long. Only to realize that it's only been an hour or two. Then I will go back to reading the entries here, watching BTS, interviews for the next 3-4 hours until I fall asleep. Then would wake up again then repeat. But it's already morning so...:joy:

I wasn't kidding when I said I want my life back! I want my 8 hours of sleep back! :joy:Please, please HB and SYJ. Please get married soon. I may need to see a psychiatrist after all of these. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 21

22 minutes ago, BinJinSuperFan said:

None of SYJ's KDrama released in Asia did well (e.g. Summer Scent with hallyu Song Seong Heon of Endless Love).  Neither does she have any TV series that did better than those of HBs in SK. Outside SK, SYJ was hardly known until CLOY came.

I don't want to beat a dead horse but SYJ being hardly known until CLOY came outside SK is not true either. I don't know if people want to compare actors who are famous for movies vs for dramas but fame is fame, no? She was extremely popular in Japan for A Moment to Remember and April Snow which was the highest grossing korean film in Japan until Parasite this year. She has Pan-Asian popularity through films like The Classic in China and Hong Kong etc and won best foreign actress at China's Film Festival.

I wouldn't say her dramas in Asia didn't do well. They weren't blockbusters but they had their success.Summer Scent was popular. I agree HB had mega blockbuster dramas which SYJ has not matched but he also had sorta flops (Friends Our Legend, Hyde Jekyll, WW, but they did well overseas). SYJ has more awards but they are not in competition. 

I know it's not your intent but I keep reading that SYJ was not popular or even known outside of SK before CLOY and that's just wrong.

It's like when I read that Kim Hye Soo is not famous, I mean hello? I am glad that CLOY has gained both SYJ and HB new fans who fell in love with CLOY and have looked up their past works. Maybe it's also a generational thing. Some of CLOY fans probably weren't even born when SYJ had her movie success so that's why she's not known? Lol

46 minutes ago, BinJinSuperFan said:

@Kristen Son

Yes they are both A-list Actor/ Actress, but SYJ is way too big

Numbers don’t lie, opinions can be bias.

Above are SYJ and HB’s status in Korean dramas and movies industry

I'll just disagree that SYJ is way too big. (for HB) Some of those numbers are also opinions (for examples who producers want to cast,  actor rankings etc) Popularity/Fame is one of those things that ebb and flow. It's great we can appreciate two people who have managed to have enduring success and popularity for almost 20 something years. I think this is why SYJ is so appreciative of someone like Kim Hee Ae, who is having a career resurgence in her fifties. 

Beyond box office or ratings, it's having works that touch our heart and we're very blessed to have many works from both HB & SYJ, especially their gift to us, CLOY~~

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yejinatic1981 said:

And so right now I find my thoughts wondering why SYJ is not appearing in new CF after CLOY. This, despite her and HB's respective popularity has soared even higher in SK and the whole world.  I am sure they both get a lot of endorsements offers. 

as i am non-Korean and uninformed about SYJ's routine over the years, may i ask if in the past Yejin usually accept or do new projects immediately after finishing a drama/movie, for us to consider her current hiatus/break to be suspiciously long and unusual? How long does she usually hibernate (i assume this is the time when she does her traveling, which she can't do right now) before starting another film/drama?

Also, didn't she come up with her own photo shoot/CF almost at the same time as HB, around March of this year? Is that too minor a gig for her compared to what she usually do?

(Im trying to understand the hidden psychology behind her silence/stillness)

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Felizak@t said:

I wasn't kidding when I said I want my life back! I want my 8 hours of sleep back! :joy:Please, please HB and SYJ. Please get married soon. I may need to see a psychiatrist after all of these. :lol:

Hahaha I am with you on this. Let us compare notes after seeing the psychiatrist :sweatingbullets:

Do I need to change my priorities now? BinJin shipping evidently comes first before work :lol:

• LOL 7

4 hours ago, BinJinshipperfromIndia said:

I am an entertainment journalist in India. And I am a sucker for entertainment content. Especially Rom-Coms and MeloDramas. As you may know India Produces largest number of films in the world. But off late none of the Indian or Hollywood movies have impressed me... I was more into watching documentary and there was a time when I went through all the videos on Youtube related to North Korea. I found it to be strangely  interesting.

My friend who knew I was missing watching good romantic dramas recommended me to watch K-Dramas. She has asked me to begin with The Heirs ( Inheritors on Netflix).

Beginning of 2020, out if boredom started watching the Heirs. I stumbled upon CLOY by chance. 
Right after the first episode of the heirs, Netflix recommendation flashed on The screen... it was Crash Landing On You !!! 

It automatically began and Oh boy!! I was glued... (my previous knowledge about NK through the documentaries also increased my interest.)

But I realised that the drama did not have all the episodes.... 

While I was on episode 4, I googled  HB and SYJ and saw swoon interviews. The very moment I fell for their off screen chemistry... 

I wanted to see them married. The way HB looks at her... Oh my god :heart:

It is to die for. 

The wait for episodes each weekend beecame so frustrating after that! 

Nevertheless, I fell in love with the romance genre again. Best best drama i have seen in a very long time...

My life changed post Feb 16th. :love:

I watched CLOY 8 times already and keep watching the Swoon compilations, BTS... almost every day. Listen to the album all the time.. sing the songs. 

Last three months I cant sleep without looking at BinJin! 

I have watched both HB and SYJs dramas on Netflix (whatever is available). All interviews on youtube...

(by the way BinJin  videos compiled by ITSMEEHLALA are also good source of looking at them) 

But coming across this forum was like a gift. I have read each and every comment on this forum ( spending sleepless nights) and I am glad  I found people who feel and think alike and share a common goal... to See HB and SYJ married. :heart: 

Even amidst grim CoVID 19 scenario across the World... and being locked up in my apartment for more than two months now,   Waiting for BinJin to announce their wedding has become my only hope for a better tomorrow. 

This post is too long, you will hear from me from time to time... 

You have my support shippers.
Love from India :grin:

Wow so happy to see an Indian Binjin fan, first I think m only Indian here. Let's hope a good news for our couple and stay safe all friend 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

So many members are repeatedly breaking the rules of shipping forum.

1. posting individual star’s achievements over and over again - this has nothing to do with shipping. This thread got multiple warnings on this already.

2. bringing up other pairings. Why drag other stars into here? We should stay in our own lane.

^ all of these are not allowed (whether you agree or not) because they eventually lead to arguments - someone is always put down just to make another seem better.  Rules were set up over time to eliminate ‘issues’.   Shipping heaven is supposed to be a happy place, it is not necessary to put any other party down; please stop comparing and/or putting either of them (or any actor/actress) down.

Also, please remove images when quoting a post.  

RULES [ Soompi Forum Rules | Rules: Shippers’ Paradise |  k-dramas & movies; actors & actresses forum rule ] 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 14