[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

6 minutes ago, cloyfan said:

Maybe it’s just me and I need to relax lol but I think CLOY was such a phenomenal success in so many ways that I’m not satisfied with it just being nominated. I WANT US TO WIN EVERYTHING GUYS haha. Of course if we don’t, it won’t take away from what an exceptional drama it is, but I think we deserve to win in most categories. Also, just realized that HB won the Daesang in 2011 for Secret Garden which makes me want SYJ to win this year’s Daesang even more. They could have matching couples Daesangs :P

I feel the same way lol. I want them to scoop all the nominated categories :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, flailingfangirl said:

He has a good chance of winning this one, based on the list. His biggest competition would be Namkoong Min (that drama was good - I haven’t finished it yet but he’s amazing) and PSJ (I can’t bring myself to finish watching Itaewon Class but I have to give him credit). Speaking in satoori, bringing new nuances to his character and literally embodying it throughout the drama was mind-blowing. I can’t forget Ep 15 when Seri called his name and his expression and body movement was as if his heart was jumping out of its cage. Comparing this with say, MOTA last year, he’s better this time.

Though I gotta say, the key takeaway I can get here is that we can all watch CLOY again and assess! Both look good onscreen together so at least that’s one good point.

I'm curious, if HB wins but not present (due to work schedule), how would the Awards usually go about it--  show a pre-taped acceptance speech from him or a proxy (ahem, SYJ) present could accept it on his behalf?

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Thanks everyone for your input. 

Earlier I said that I want CLOY to win Daesang, however, I am also amendable with this:

Spoiler

KHA taking home the Best Actress award, CLOY bagging the Best TV Drama, and SYJ winning Daesang. Although the closest rival (KHA) gets to win, our Jinnie gets the chance to win the grand prize. Now we have Daesang couple awardee. Not bad at all :D

As for the other categories, I'm all rooting for CLOY entries still. Sorry for my poor analysis here, I am not really into this thing. But for CLOY and BinJin I'll try to keep up :D

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, flailingfangirl said:

He has a good chance of winning this one, based on the list. His biggest competition would be Namkoong Min (that drama was good - I haven’t finished it yet but he’s amazing) and PSJ (I can’t bring myself to finish watching Itaewon Class but I have to give him credit). Speaking in satoori, bringing new nuances to his character and literally embodying it throughout the drama was mind-blowing. I can’t forget Ep 15 when Seri called his name and his expression and body movement was as if his heart was jumping out of its cage. Comparing this with say, MOTA last year, he’s better this time.

Though I gotta say, the key takeaway I can get here is that we can all watch CLOY again and assess! Both look good onscreen together so at least that’s one good point.

Thanks @flailingfangirl ! Looking forward to June 5! :D

--------------------

Just remember guys how CLOY made us laugh like there's no tomorrow. Cried a bucket of tears (like seriously)

And also made us all feel the chemistry between Seri and Captain Ri . Beautiful screenplay and directing.

CLOY FIGHTING!! Best of luck for all our lovely nominees :)

• Like 10
  • Love 4

Yay!!!  Huge congratulations to our BINJIN.  Well deserved if i May say. I may not be familiar with Baeksang Arts Awards (how it works) and have only watched CLOY from all the listed nominees/nominations, but I thought the emotional vulnerabilities of the actors brought a lot of laughter and tears during its16 episode run, that to me counts for a superb acting. That is more than enough reason to get the nod from the award giving body.
I may sound bias, okay I am bias, but hey CLOY made it’s international debut too  -that and being nominated is already a winner by itself. I also think that the complicated premise and controversy surrounding CLOY reflects the paradoxical nature of its global success and that attributes to the screenplay/writing. 

CLOY to me is already a winner and getting the Baeksang would be another feather in their cap. I will be rooting for BINJIN and the whole CLOY team to win, but i don’t expect BINJIN to show up together, unless they are finally willing to blow out their covers:ph34r: for us. Only when you are ready lovebirds, no pressure. We will be always cheering for you no matter what.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Wow our thread is moving too fast thanks to Baeksang announcement :)

Is it possible to give Daesang to an entire cast of the drama? CLOY really have an ensemble cast and all of them showed great acting.

Win or lose they're both great actors and winner already to be recognized. I think all of us just really want them to attend because it's been three months since we last saw them together.

Do you know when the actors' agency usually issue a confirmation if they will attend?

• Like 4

Spoiler

Just a thought..Even Kim Young Min who played Man Bok's character got nominated for TWOTM. Also Dan's mom and uncle are nominated for Parasite. This year's Baeksang is a treat to CLOY family.. Most of the cast will be present there..:rolleyes:

• Like 13
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 3

47 minutes ago, Tealatte said:

Son Ye Jin's acting in episode 15 in itself deserves a daesang. Her eyes and voice during her conversation (esp before she got up and passed out) with HB really conveyed that she was struggling both emotionally and physically.

The are several memorable scenes on each episode of Cloy. That’s why many viewers, me included, keep watching Cloy again and again, some even more than 10x. Lol. It’s like an addiction, but in a good way. It’s mesmerizing that the cast can make one laugh and feel happy, mad and angry, sad and cry, feel and enjoy the deepening relation between Capt Ri and Se Ri/and their sweet kisses,  make one daydream of being SeRi or Capt Ri, or reminisce about ones old flame, even learn the rural  NK way of life and food, enjoy the beautiful sceneries, the beautiful melodies and singers’ voices on Cloy OSTs and high-couture fashion. Even the fist and gun fights, and quotations used were good. Even the title was catchy.  My Lord, this drama was so wonderful in many aspects, I would be very disappointed if not a single big award was given to Cloy or HB/SYJ. 

• Like 5
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 2

@TotoroSY thank you so much for the article! It clears up a lot. So there are 7 judges for film and 7 judges for dramas who vote for their respective categories. But each of these 14 judges also gets to vote for one nominee in any category for the Grand Prize (Daesang)

Btw I am still waiting for SYJ to post a pic on IG in response to the challenge that two of her friends nominated for. Hoping that we are not waiting in vain :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 3

Long post ahead!

Hi! I have been a silent reader here since Jan 2020. I enjoyed reading all your posts, checking this forum has become a regular part of my daily life. Today, i decided to delurk to share my love for BinJin. Btw, I am so happy for CLOY and BinJin for being recognized at Baeksang. I hope they will win all categories.

Just like every BinJin shipper, I am so inlove with the thought of THEM being a real couple. Their chemistry is really mindblowing! I honestly believe that there is something SPECIAL going on between them. You can tell by just looking at their eyes and body language. As to why they denied it, only the 2 of them know and I respect their decision for doing so. Until the big reveal, I will just be right here cheering on for them. ❤️

I like both HB and SYJ pre CLOY. I have watched some of their early dramas and loved them. But I was not as invested as I am now in CLOY. I started watching CLOY without knowing that the two leads are embroiled in a dating rumor. When I saw their insane chemistry on screen, i began searching for their interviews and BTS and the rest is history. Never have I imagined myself being so invested in an OTP to the point of praying for them to be married IRL. I have no words to describe my love and admiration for them. They are truly a MATCH! Their love story touches my heart and makes me root for them. I am really looking forward to their BIG day, that will be the only time I will be at peace. 

I am loving the shopping!

Fighting BinJin!

• Like 10
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cloyfan said:

@TotoroSY thank you so much for the article! It clears up a lot. So there are 7 judges for film and 7 judges for dramas who vote for their respective categories. But each of these 14 judges also gets to vote for one nominee in any category for the Grand Prize (Daesang)

While i do want CLOY to win DAESANG, SYJ also deserve it. I mean she was really outstanding in CLOY. Her interpretation of Se-ri was so spot-on! I hope she wins DAESANG and CLOY for best drama and all the other nominees from CLOY as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

2 hours ago, Edelweiss88 said:

Ditto! The whole CLOY team deserves the Daesang and BinJin for the best acting category. 
I’m so happy and proud for all of them. The competition is tough but I have a feeling they will win the major categories. Regardless, they are already winners in our hearts. 

With the physical distancing and all  do you think there will be a pre- show red carpet event?

They have not announce anything about the red carpet. I really hope they will have it! That is the biggest photo op for all the stars and also for the media. Otherwise Baeksang award night will go away unnoticed. Red carpets are really the highlight! Even if Binjin cannot walk in together (sad...), then let each star walk the red carpet alone.... or maintain 1 meter difference. LOL!

I also really hope the team will win the major categories! Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, eLizza said:

The CLOY team definitely deserves it.

Hide contents

Although we were sure about best actor nominations,I was quite shocked with the supporting actor category that too for the actress part. Getting two nominations is no joke. I wished KJH had gotten it too but anyways I m proud of  Yang Kyung Won.I personally think he has a good chance. Ofcourse the Camellia side characters were also good I think.

As the nominations are out ,let me present my biased view by throwing away much rationality for the fiercest category.i.e The Best Actress

Ok..So IU s performance was fabulous in HDL but I still think she has the least chance amongst the other veterans. However it is still remarkable for putting up a fight against the most awarded tv actresses at such a young age.This alone is a feat for her.

Next GHJ,I haven't seen Camellia but I know she deserves all the hype and her performance was great.But as she said she always loses when pitted against SYJ, I would like that to repeat again this time.

Hmm...KHS, as somebody mentioned,SYJ was able to win over her in 2017 Baeksang for movies category.

Thus I still would like to believe that she can beat her this time as well..

Now comes the wall called Kim Hee Ae. There is no way she won't be awarded for BAEKSANG this time.That drama is not only the highest rated cable drama but her performance was daebak as well. She already has many Baeksang best actress in her kitty . I m not undermining SYJ but just that don't find any common ground for comparison as I did in the previous cases. As much as I would love CLOY to win Daesang, my selfish heart wants SYJ to bag an award too..Thus I hope one of them bags the Daesang and the other gets best actress.In this way both KHA and our queen will be awarded.

I think most popular actress is reserved for IU given her fans and her popularity rose to super high after her latest song.

Even the best actor category is no joke. I could zero down to only  3 i.e HB,PSJ and NGM. 

These were my personal views only and I don't know what will happen.

This time the competition is so stiff but I will keep my fingers crossed and pray for CLOY'S big win.

I have very similar theories to yours about Best actress award and also Most Popular award! Except just one additional thot :

If Kim Hae Ee gets Daesang, SYJ has a high chance to get Best Actress. Between the 2 of them for Daesang, it's gonna be tough for SYJ cuz KHE is a veteran who is multi-awarded incl Daesang. BUT, I notice that amongst the Daesang Actor/ Actress winners, their drama has always been nominated for Best Drama. But TWOTM did not get Best Drama nomination. So there's a possibility that KHE chances for Daesang is lower. In that case, I actually think CLOY has a higher chance cuz of it's overall international impact and very positive reviews globally. So then Best Actress becomes an Open Field, and I dare not even predict who will win. I think the 2 favourites will be SYJ and KHE

As for Best Actor, I agree with you prediction, that the top 3 will be HB, PSJ, NGM. But it's a very very tough competition.....

1 hour ago, Binjin2Ri said:

Do they have most popular couple in Baeksang as well? 

They have Most Popular Actor and Actress but not Couple.

1 hour ago, SHpectator said:

I'm curious, if HB wins but not present (due to work schedule), how would the Awards usually go about it--  show a pre-taped acceptance speech from him or a proxy (ahem, SYJ) present could accept it on his behalf?

HB actually won the Daesang for Secret Garden in 2011 and he was in military. I can't recall who accepted the award for him, but they showed a pre-recorded video of HB training in the army camp and he gave a short speech wishing best of luck to all nominees. He was not aware that he won until the announcement was made (and even then he only got to know later as he was in training without access to TV). Come to think of it, he never did make an official thank you or acceptance speech for the award!

I do not know of anyone else who was not present at Baeksang for their award so no idea of other examples. .......

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Under BinJin Spell said:

The are several memorable scenes on each episode of Cloy. That’s why many viewers, me included, keep watching Cloy again and again, some even more than 10x. Lol. It’s like an addiction, but in a good way. It’s mesmerizing that the cast can make one laugh and feel happy, mad and angry, sad and cry, feel and enjoy the deepening relation between Capt Ri and Se Ri/and their sweet kisses,  make one daydream of being SeRi or Capt Ri, or reminisce about ones old flame, even learn the rural  NK way of life and food, enjoy the beautiful sceneries, the beautiful melodies and singers’ voices on Cloy OSTs and high-couture fashion. Even the fist and gun fights, and quotations used were good. Even the title was catchy.  My Lord, this drama was so wonderful in many aspects, I would be very disappointed if not a single big award was given to Cloy or HB/SYJ. 

100% agree!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GroceryShipper said:

Can we have a rehearsal on how the virtual party be before that special announcement? There is a reason to celebrate anyway :D

Countdown to 5 June starts now :lol:

Good day today! I suggest that for our virtual party..we will all post a photo of our filled wine glass for toasting to Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

39 minutes ago, cgb1108 said:

There are two scenes that should win the awards for both HB & SYJ:

1. Ep 15 where Capt. Ri was admitting blame to free Yoon Seri from any investigation.  That scene was a study of restraint from both sides: Capt Ri, not letting his emotions betray him, & Yoon Seri, keeping herself from making the situation more difficult for him. HB's gestures of looking away ,  then mustering all his strength to look her in the eyes, knowing fully well, that she's still very ill  - he continued to be cold to her as his eyes betrayed him, since he was feeling the pain more than what he was inflicting upon her.  And she saw that; she stopped trying to save him.  In the hands of lesser actors, it would have lost that tension of the words being said set against the feelings behind them.

2. Ep 16 - the parting @ the demarcation line. Everytime I watch this scene, I always shed tears ... like waterworks. SYJ shone in this scene - to actually let her guard down as a strong woman & desperately cry, asking how she can go on & Capt Ri / HB with the loving, gentle answers of prayers & faith. Cliche scene & script , yes, but acted with honesty & stillness. 

HB should win - deservingly so - it's his best work since Secret Garden.

Kim Hee Ae is a very formidable opponent to SYJ - she plays married women wronged by their husbands - she played one with Yoo Ah In as her young lover in another drama.  So she's done it before, although I haven't watched her latest drama.

I'd still give it to SYJ  because I'm a BinJin fan, first of all, and I have not encountered a character like Yoon Seri in K-dramas before -- a force of nature but deeply flawed; 

Ditto!

The last goodbye scene gave me goosebumps and everytime I rewatch it, i still cry. A LOT.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

Spoiler

Totally agree with what you said that KHA chances of winning Daesang may be lower as TWOTM is not nominated for best drama .That means she and SYJ will have to fight for best actress. And I hope I m wrong but we can clearly see which side has a better chance.

Although my selfishness would desperately want YJ to win but getting nominated itself is a big thing.

Whereas with KHA not winning Daesang will also mean that CLOY has a better chance for getting it. It has an overall international impact and positive reviews. For example, DOTS was awarded Daesang due to its insane popularity and it won against strong competitor like Signal which was  very well received by local audience and critics.

• Like 3