[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

WOTM is a great and successful drama, but i think CLOY has more memorable scenes, ost moments and places that makes viewer will automatically get the flash vision of that drama..and also influential to as it has dominated korea and overseas..

Don't be so intimidated, CLOY have high chances for Daesang..Not just rating and popularity but other influential things takes point too

• Like 9
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

You know what's my ideal win?

Daesang - CLOY

Best Actress - SYJ

Best Actor - HB

CLOY winning Daesang is a WIN for the whole team. I really love the whole drama and everyone in it, from cast to crew. :D

P.S. I am leaving out the other nomination ideal wins like best supporting, writer, director etc but of course I hope CLOY team will win that too. :D

Ditto! The whole CLOY team deserves the Daesang and BinJin for the best acting category. 
I’m so happy and proud for all of them. The competition is tough but I have a feeling they will win the major categories. Regardless, they are already winners in our hearts. 

With the physical distancing and all  do you think there will be a pre- show red carpet event?

• Like 6
  • Love 9
  • Thanks 1

I know there are tough contenders in the Best Actress category.

But how about for the Best Actor? I would really like HB to get this. Can someone enlighten me if he can potentially win?

• Like 4
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, GroceryShipper said:

Can we have a rehearsal on how the virtual party be before that special announcement? There is a reason to celebrate anyway :D

Countdown to 5 June starts now :lol:

I’m up for this B)

• Love 2

1 hour ago, sy_glad said:

Aside from wishing for a CLOY sweep, I would love for SYJ to win Daesang this year...By the looks of it, she seems to be slowing down in terms of her work commitment, hopefully for something personal like...dot...dot...dot ;). This is just an awesome way to award someone with a 20-year stellar acting career. Sort of a lifetime achievement award...

I agree. I would love SYJ to win Daesang that will be a fitting recognition for her not only because of her tremendous acting in Cloy but also to mark her achievement (20th year) in the industry. She deserves it! 

Can you believe she gets nominated for awards every year? Our girl is something else, I am so proud of her :wub:

• Like 16
  • Love 3

Hello all,

I just saw the list and wow, congratulations to CLOY team! Being nominated is already good in my books - it really is an honor. Winning is secondary - being recognized as a nominee is already a big deal, considering good dramas we have throughout the period.

TBH I think HB has a higher chance of winning, really. I was expecting the lead of Married Life and Dr Kim to be the toughest ones to beat, but when I saw the list... I think it’s gonna be HB. Competition will be from Namkoong Min. 

Best Actress category is a no joke - KHA is the one to beat (if she’s not getting Daesang. Yes I watched all 5 dramas, and the Married Life drama religiously - all of you should give is a try), and IU is universally loved in Korea right now, so yeah I won’t put my bets high on this category, realistically speaking. If YJ wins, that’ll be a surprise to me (I watched Camellias and Hyena too - I even bought similar phone casing to the one used by Kim Hye Soo! Lol), a pleasant surprise at that.

That being said, CLOY has an amazing ensemble and that contributed to its success :) am so happy for all of them.

For our couple, I know that HB is busy right now and KAL just announced they’re opening 18 destination flights effective June (maybe more as travel restrictions being eased as the days go by) and I bet that production is already running so much on costs and rental equipment abroad already since it’s been booked in advance. So not really putting my bet on HB going on the red carpet for this one, though again, if he’s there, it’ll be delicious (for my eyes hehehe). Looking forward to seeing the rest of the cast, though!

Again, heartiest congratulations to BinJin!

ETA: No best couple awards - that’s for award shows by the TV stations. Baeksang is the cream of the crop of awards. They do have popularity award though.

Spoiler

my bets are on PSJ and IU (they’re acting together now and IU has just won last year too, for Nae Ahjussi).

As popular as HB and YJ abroad, we shouldn’t undermine the hugeeeee fan base that other actors have. That’s the reality of it.

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe the drama deserves the recognition because of the collective effort that the whole team had given to be able to produce a world class entertainment, and also include the reasons stated by other shippers. A drama this good only passes our lives once, except if there will be a remake. So for that reason, my bet for Deasang is CLOY :D

• Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, flailingfangirl said:

Hello all,

I just saw the list and wow, congratulations to CLOY team! Being nominated is already good in my books - it really is an honor. Winning is secondary - being recognized as a nominee is already a big deal, considering good dramas we have throughout the period.

TBH I think HB has a higher chance of winning, really. I was expecting the lead of Married Life and Dr Kim to be the toughest ones to beat, but when I saw the list... I think it’s gonna be HB. Competition will be from Namkoong Min. 

Best Actress category is a no joke - KHA is the one to beat (if she’s not getting Daesang. Yes I watched all 5 dramas, and the Married Life drama religiously - all of you should give is a try), and IU is universally loved in Korea right now, so yeah I won’t put my bets high on this category, realistically speaking. If YJ wins, that’ll be a surprise to me (I watched Camellias and Hyena too - I even bought similar phone casing to the one used by Kim Hye Soo! Lol), a pleasant surprise at that.

That being said, CLOY has an amazing ensemble and that contributed to its success :) am so happy for all of them.

For our couple, I know that HB is busy right now and KAL just announced they’re opening 18 destination flights effective June (maybe more as travel restrictions being eased as the days go by) and I bet that production is already running so much on costs and rental equipment abroad already since it’s been booked in advance. So not really putting my bet on HB going on the red carpet for this one, though again, if he’s there, it’ll be delicious (for my eyes hehehe). Looking forward to seeing the rest of the cast, though!

Again, heartiest congratulations to BinJin!

I am curious about this since I haven’t watched the other K dramas besides Cloy. What type of characters did those actresses that have been nominated portray? Were they as complex as Yoon Se Ri? Se Ri was a very complex character funny, witty, strong, silly, emotional, etc and SYJ was able to portray that complexity changing from one personality to another with ease. I still think she may have a chance at winning. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 3

Son Ye Jin's acting in episode 15 in itself deserves a daesang. Her eyes and voice during her conversation (esp before she got up and passed out) with HB really conveyed that she was struggling both emotionally and physically.

• Like 5
  • Love 8

The CLOY team definitely deserves it.

Spoiler

Although we were sure about best actor nominations,I was quite shocked with the supporting actor category that too for the actress part. Getting two nominations is no joke. I wished KJH had gotten it too but anyways I m proud of  Yang Kyung Won.I personally think he has a good chance. Ofcourse the Camellia side characters were also good I think.

As the nominations are out ,let me present my biased view by throwing away much rationality for the fiercest category.i.e The Best Actress

Ok..So IU s performance was fabulous in HDL but I still think she has the least chance amongst the other veterans. However it is still remarkable for putting up a fight against the most awarded tv actresses at such a young age.This alone is a feat for her.

Next GHJ,I haven't seen Camellia but I know she deserves all the hype and her performance was great.But as she said she always loses when pitted against SYJ, I would like that to repeat again this time.

Hmm...KHS, as somebody mentioned,SYJ was able to win over her in 2017 Baeksang for movies category.

Thus I still would like to believe that she can beat her this time as well..

Now comes the wall called Kim Hee Ae. There is no way she won't be awarded for BAEKSANG this time.That drama is not only the highest rated cable drama but her performance was daebak as well. She already has many Baeksang best actress in her kitty . I m not undermining SYJ but just that don't find any common ground for comparison as I did in the previous cases. As much as I would love CLOY to win Daesang, my selfish heart wants SYJ to bag an award too..Thus I hope one of them bags the Daesang and the other gets best actress.In this way both KHA and our queen will be awarded.

I think most popular actress is reserved for IU given her fans and her popularity rose to super high after her latest song.

Even the best actor category is no joke. I could zero down to only  3 i.e HB,PSJ and NGM. 

These were my personal views only and I don't know what will happen.

This time the competition is so stiff but I will keep my fingers crossed and pray for CLOY'S big win.

• Like 14
  • Insightful 3

Hi friends, as much as I'm elated and beyond excited for all the nominations CLOY and especially HB and SYJ got, don't forget that as this is a BinJin shipping thread, try to keep the content BinJin-only related as well. If you'd like to share your thoughts on other nominations (non-CLOY) and mention other Actors/Actresses, you may want to put the content under a spoiler or share it in a more appropriate thread (e.g: CLOY thread or if there's a separate thread created for Baeksang in Soompi). Not to be harsh or anything, just don't want our friends here to violate the rules. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 5

30 minutes ago, Binjin2Ri said:

I am curious about this since I haven’t watched the other K dramas besides Cloy. What type of characters did those actresses that have been nominated portray? Were they as complex as Yoon Se Ri? Se Ri was a very complex character funny, witty, strong, silly, emotional, etc and SYJ was able to portray that complexity changing from one personality to another with ease. I still think she may have a chance at winning. 

ok - am replying to this just because you asked, and as I don’t want to get a warning later, here we go:

Spoiler

GHJ - single mom opening a bar with challenges in life, and some twists here and there.

KHS - a badass lawyer who solved her cases by really looking into the loophole of things, like a detective. She will do anything to prove her case.

IU - an immortal rich hotel owner who took care of the dead and later ferries them to the afterlife. And fell in love with a mortal.

KHS - a senior doctor who was cheated on by her husband, he wiped off her savings, her son’s trust fund, remortgaged her house, beat her up and did everything to torture her and to kick her out of Gosan.

All four characters have their own complexities which I can go on and on about it but am being mindful because it’s a shipping forum.

And that’s why I said the competition is no joke, because I watched them all. Am putting my biasness aside in deciding on this, because this is Baeksang. Being nominated is already a big deal - winning is secondary, if not a bonus.

Anyway, am just thankful that both are nominated- shouldn’t we at least celebrate this fact? Winning is just the cherry on top of ice cream. Being recognized is already good enough, honestly. Besides, how amazing is that our couple got nominated together? It’s not easy, and the fact that such recognition comes in for both also shows how well both of them acted in CLOY, and their dedication towards their craft.

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it’s just me and I need to relax lol but I think CLOY was such a phenomenal success in so many ways that I’m not satisfied with it just being nominated. I WANT US TO WIN EVERYTHING GUYS haha. Of course if we don’t, it won’t take away from what an exceptional drama it is, but I think we deserve to win in most categories. Also, just realized that HB won the Daesang in 2011 for Secret Garden which makes me want SYJ to win this year’s Daesang even more. They could have matching couples Daesangs :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

4 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

YAY!! With the Naver article out, I can safely say SUPER BIG CONGRATS TO HYUN BIN AND SON YE JIN, our Binjin couple, for the BAEKSANG Best Actor and Best Actress nominations!! So happy for both of you!! Also to CLOY and the other cast members who were nominated, congrats !!!

@nightskye  @Kristen Son  As far as I know about DAESANG, it is given to ONE of the NOMINEES (either best drama, best actor/ actress, best script etc). So if TWOTM was not nominated for Best Drama or Best Script, I don't think it qualifies for Daesang. But the main actress who was nominated for Best Actress may still get the Daesang. That will leave the Best Actress category a 4-way fight.

And phew, the Best Actress category is really the toughest one. All the best to SYJ and also GIRL POWER!!

As for Best Actor, it is also not an easy category. All the best to HB too!!!

After being worried about the nominations, now we have to worry about the final award. It's another one month to go!! I am just happy that they are nominated. :D

Btw, "the rat" actor from CLOY was nominated for Best Supporting Actor under TWOTM. Congrats to him too!

Another tidbit - Seo Dan's mom and uncle was nominated for Best New Actress and Best New Actor for the film category, under Parasite film. Congrats too!!

Looks like lots of lovely reunion coming up - pray that BINJIN can make it, despite HB's filming for Bargaining. Even if he is filming overseas, pray that he can get leave from his production company to join Baeksang. It's such an important award and also CLOY is such an important and significant work from him and all the cast/ crew.

I wonder why there is no Baeksang nomination for Best Director and Best Script? Or it's not announced yet?

SYJ is nominated and will probably be attending. She has probably strongly advised her HB that he should attend to give each other support and company. Wow for us if both will be there as HB may still be shooting in Jordan in June.  The seatings will probably allow at least 2 or even 3 seats empty for physical distancing. The  award/throphy and even flowers may just be collected from stage table by the winning actor/actress. Would look not so good though. Lol. Would be interesting to see as it could be followed by succeeding award ceremonies, etc. Hope we are not going to see any celebs wearing face masks, but will understand if they elect to do so. 

Goodluck and all the best to BinJin and other nominated Cloy cast as well as to TvN!!! Thanks for the happiness Cloy and BinJin have given us during this trying time. Much love.

• Love 4

1 hour ago, ccb_RiRi said:

I know their are tough contenders in the Best Actress category.

But how about for the Best Actor? I would really like HB to get this. Can someone enlighten me if he can potentially win?

He has a good chance of winning this one, based on the list. His biggest competition would be Namkoong Min (that drama was good - I haven’t finished it yet but he’s amazing) and PSJ (I can’t bring myself to finish watching Itaewon Class but I have to give him credit). Speaking in satoori, bringing new nuances to his character and literally embodying it throughout the drama was mind-blowing. I can’t forget Ep 15 when Seri called his name and his expression and body movement was as if his heart was jumping out of its cage. Comparing this with say, MOTA last year, he’s better this time.

Though I gotta say, the key takeaway I can get here is that we can all watch CLOY again and assess! Both look good onscreen together so at least that’s one good point.

• Insightful 8