[OFFICIAL] Hyun Bin ❤️ Son Ye Jin (BinJin Couple)

cybertron

I post here sometimes, but since English is not my mother tongue, I am not very good at expressing what I really believe in, so I try to read other posts and show my opinions by liking them. But now I really want to express my feelings about this whole issue in a few lines.

I've shipped a few couples, not just Korean couples. One of them got divorced (it definitely affected me badly), one of them got married and now they are living happily together. The last couple I shipped made me come to the conclusion that it is not only their chemistry that is counted in shipping two people, It is very important that they're a perfect match in every way, especially their beliefs, values, family and educational level. I was hurt by shipping that couple, but I also came to a good conclusion.

I already knew both Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin. With the knowledge that I had of her (being a private person) and the fact that I felt that marriage was not the priority of her life, the news of dating in the USA was really shocking and strange for me. But since I saw their photos together, I decided to ship them.

After that bad experience, it was a decision I made myself. And even though, like any other shipper, my feelings change from time to time, but I don't want to lose experiencing that feeling that maybe one day I will wake up to the news of their marriage.

Like many others, I admire this couple not only because of their chemistry, but also because they look beautiful together in every way, The feeling I get from seeing them together is a really lovely feeling...:heart:

Since they first denied the rumors, and then their photos came out, I don't understand why I should trust their words... :sweat_smile:

Son Ye-jin is a very private person who naturally doesn't want anything to be revealed...

But it's my right and the decision that I made not to believe them 100%.

I just want to see their happiness, And if they end up together I really would believe in destiny. :lol:

• Like 11
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, joyxxdz said:

And did you realize after CLOY ended SYJ was completely silent? Totally silent, even just an interview with a magazine. What happened?

1. She's probably just taking this as an opportunity to rest.

2. Out of respect to what happened to her hometown of Daegu being the epicenter of CoVid19 in SK, she has chosen to stay silent for the time being.

OR

3. She's enjoying a semblance of private life with our guy. :wub:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, loveintheair said:

@Kari: I just want to give a specific example for your imagination.  Remember Mr Hong (aka the close aide) from CLOY, how frustrated and embarrased he was to deal with questions from reporters about YSR's dating rumors. All of his reponses to media were exactly the opposite to the stories behind. That's how the writer demonstrates for us to see how things work in real life :D 

Haha! I was just thinking of him after I posted. I wanted to post pictures of him here to remind everyone that whenever we hear denials from their agencies or close aides, just think of Mr. Hong! I recently rewatched ep 1 of CLOY and his lines were so funny. "So holding hands means they're dating?" So grocery shopping together in another country, staring lovingly into each other's eyes, knowing so much about each other, having pretty skin-on-skin contact with each other, teasing each other often, means they're dating? The close aide says NO. :D:D:lol: 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, blessedchild said:

But I personally think that it's popularity is not as huge as DOTS? Which really made me wonder why and why is it not as popular in China given its huge population? Anyone mind enlightening me as to why CLOY's wave is not as huge as DOTS, MLFTS, Dae Jang Gum and Winter Sonata?

If I m not wrong, the world is dealing with a bigger issue that was last seen during the world wars and the only difference is that the enemy this time is invisible. People are more worried for their lives, hence sticking to news channels waiting for a glimmer of hope. Watching any series will only give them momentary peace but the underlying tension is constantly felt by every single person. We are all dealing with the uncertainty that the future holds for us. The world will never be the same place again atleast not so soon. And in China this disease was at its peak when CLOY was airing. The world is still fighting so thats why people are not able to dip in and thoroughly enjoy the success.It is like your close people are dying and you won't sit raving about a drama however good it is. To me the only reason is the timing. Other than that everything is perfect. If the world were a little bit different then I think it has potential of people going about it for years.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, junejune_16 said:

Hmmm I don't know but some posts are making me sad. There's no need to compare CLOY to other kdramas, as they have different charms and effect/influence to different people.

After all, this is a shipping forum, all should be about BinJin.

It's OK, don't feel sad. I think it's a pretty healthy discussion, BUT probably at the wrong forum. It should be at CLOY drama thread.

Hey everyone, as much as I enjoy all these heated drama discussions (and I was one of the contributor), it will be better if we discuss this at the drama thread vs here at Binjin shippers' paradise. It's just more appropriate there and we can have ALL the heated discussion we want and try to convince the other party of our opinions LOL! I am all for giving POV, as long as it's with respect and facts/ data. We can also agree to disagree at the end of the day. :D

13 hours ago, Kari said:

HB and SYJ are smart actors who have made more right choices in selecting roles than wrong ones. So I trust them in whatever roles they'll choose next, so let's not get too worked up on if or when they should be in another rom com or love story etc. As commenters have mentioned, they both have said they want to play character that are suitable to their age. "Suitable to their age" doesn't mean it can't necessarily be a love story or rom com. It's just the characters need to at least have the level of maturity that matches their current age. Like I can't imagine SYJ doing something like Spellbound or HB doing SeGA again.

For me, one of the many elements why CLOY was so successful is because both Bin and Jin are very seasoned and mature actors. If I remember correctly, Seri and Jung Hyuk are in their early 30s (both born in 1988?). They were literally playing someone 6 years younger than their actual selves. I personally feel that if Seri and JH were played by younger, less-experienced actors, the drama would've came off a bit childish. In my opinion, some of the plots in CLOY were a bit cheesy from time to time. But at the hands of SYJ and HB, they added this level of depth and sincerity to their characters that makes you love the cheesiness. (Same for Seo Ji Hye, I like her too and she' was wonderful) 

As for CLOY's popularity in comparison to other dramas, I won't beat a dead horse here since it's been debated over and over. We can go on and on about the productions, the storylines, the mediums they were released on (Netflix vs local channels internationally). I do think an important component of CLOY's success is due to it being on Netflix. I'm in the US and it certainly made my viewing a lot more accessible. In the past, I waited at least a year after the dramas were over to watch MLFTS and DOTS on Viki. I only recently started Goblin. But I will say this: CLOY is a cultural phenomenon. I feel like it's a bit dishonest to say it isn't. The only reason I decided to watch CLOY is because of the NK-SK story line. SK has produced so many projects on NKoreans in SK, but CLOY is probably the first (?) where a SKorean ends up in the NK. And in entirely new fashion from other SK productions, NK not only wasn't portrayed as a land of evil, the show gave this "secretive" country and its people a human side. I think it even got more people interested in (visiting) NK. lol I've always had this desire to visit NK and this show just made me really put NK on my list of places to visit should circumstances allow. 

The theme of separation/reunification was present throughout all 16 episodes. Every time Seri had to say goodbye to the NK ahjummas, the puppy soldiers and of course JH, my heart broke a little, because as the audience I know it is impossible for them to see each other again. Not to mention ep 16 their "final" goodbye at the demarcation line. Remember one of Seri's lines to JH was something like "I can go to Antarctica but I can't come here (NK)." And Seri was the only one who constantly mentioned or expressed desire for reunification. None of the NKorean characters ever really mentioned it. Even though Seri said those lines for love, as an audience we know it's deeper than that. It's through Seri, the SKorean, we as the audience are inspired to really ponder more seriously about the Korean peninsula. We've all seen on the news how some Korean elders were allowed to reunite with families (siblings, parents!) from the other side because they were abruptly separated. However, they reunion was only for an hour! If we think about it, Seri and JH's ending mirrors that. And this is why CLOY also got politicians watching it. Even the current First Lady of Korea watched it. On the surface CLOY isn't political, but I'm sure it has struck a nerve and started a conversation. And personally, if we want to talk about timeline of dramas, I REALLY don't think CLOY could've been made a few years ago under the previous Korean president (who was more conservative and censored the K-ent industry). But I'm not Korean, so feel free to correct me.

If you ask me, CLOY doesn't have the same sophistication in writing as some other dramas. The story line is pretty simple and predictable. But the storytelling is superb and the  production is definitely out of this world. I'm in the US so there's a lot of ugliness in politics right now, especially in how Americans view Asia. For me, CLOY is the medicine that came out at the right now, providing a dose of love and understanding in a time where hatred is more acceptable. 

Edit: If relations between the two countries take a positive turn in the future, I hope HB and SYJ (and the cast and crew) can take comfort in playing a small role in shaping opinions. 

All I want to say is, TOTALLY AGREE with your POV and everything you have stated here!! Esp the part about Cultural Phenomenon. OK, OK, back to BINJIN!

Both HB and SYJ is in a point of their life and career where they are very comfortable with who they are and pretty clear on the direction of their career. Or at least they know which direction to head towards. So no worries about them. I also want to thank Binjin for  taking up the roles of YSR and RJH despite the possible risks of backlash and failure, cuz they have given MORE than what is expected to these 2 characters. I bet even the writer and director were surprised at HOW GOOD they interpreted these roles, making them so real and relatable to audience. I was certainly caught by surprise - they totally CRASH LANDED into my heart!!

14 hours ago, ann-tole said:

Hi @cloyfan, thanks for sharing this! I think this goes to show how true SYJ's comment was about how they seem to share so many similarities as persons. From here, I can see why HB, as an actor, is attracted to the acting range of Yejin, and why he did want to act with her again in ways that is more intimate. If two people are this dedicated to their craft, it follows that they become attracted to each other because of their passion to it. I like to believe CLOY is really a gift to them, and how they were able to go down "memory lane" (with the way the writer / director incorporated their past projects) for the two of them to experience each other, and their many facets, in this single series. It's a one time opportunity for them, since if they end up revealing their relationship, I don't think they will want or will be allowed to act together. 

On the other hand, as fans, I hope we also acknowledge that CLOY isn't just about them, or that it should not revolve around them. It's more than their relationship. I also don't think Studio Dragon isn't releasing the DVD because they want to "hide" their relationship or something--it may be because of production constraints, or because of some political issues. While it sucks that we still don't have any clue about why and if they will or will not release the DVD, let's not frame it as because "Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are trying to hide something."  We are unwittingly blaming them in this way. 

So agree with what you said - both about how CLOY is a gift for both of them and also how CLOY DVD non-release is due to the studio trying to "hide" their relatioship. I am sure there are professional reasons why the DVD/ Blue-ray is not being released, rather than linking it to Binjin.

6 hours ago, BJHope said:

@Sukma Anggraini  @nightskye Hi. That’s right. That post said that KTP (initials of HB’s real name Kim Tae Pyung) is here/reading soompi. I noticed the post because the person posting it is a senior shipper who is very careful about the content of postings. Another senior shipper replied to that post too as if knowing about it. If it was a shared joke, it wasn’t worded that way. Sorry I’m not mentioning names here out of respect for that shipper, whom I guess wouldn’t want to be queried again because she would have had good reasons to decline (after I asked) elaborating on how she knew HB was in this thread. As I said, I think it possible that HB finds ways to check on the pulse of fans, including via this forum but would do so only occasionally and randomly. Main thing is, if indeed HB came in, how wonderful because he’ll see there is much love & support for BinJin here.:wub: True, there’s lots of naughty, spicy stuff too but thunderous, well-meaning support!:D

The possibility that HB may be reading this thread gives me COLD SWEAT hahaha!! I'm just surprised that he would venture into an English forum. I know his level of English understanding is pretty good, but to read a site in a language that you are not 100% proficient in can be very very tiring. That's like me trying to read chinese forums and sites LOL!! Anyways, if it's really true, I hope he is not too taken aback by the passionate postings and theories here about him and SYJ. :D

2 hours ago, Walk Kindly said:

@Drac07 did you mean this video?

Awww!! I've seen this scenario so many times but never noticed their hands. "They just want to hold hands" LOL!! The poster of this video is so funny and cheeky! I hope they had the chance to hold hands as much as they want now, away from the public eyes.

1 hour ago, loveintheair said:

@Kari: I just want to give a specific example for your imagination.  Remember Mr Hong (aka the close aide) from CLOY, how frustrated and embarrased he was to deal with questions from reporters about YSR's dating rumors. All of his reponses to the media were exactly the opposite to the stories behind. That's how the writer demonstrates for us to see how things work in real life :D 

GOOD ONE!! That's so true! Again CLOY drama has given us clues about how to interpret Binjin. Brilliant!!

• Like 9
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

Fellow REAL shoppers aka REAL shippers, I am all so proud of you. I am so happy reading great positive insights and opinions and I thought I should drop by again to show some love and support. This thread is one of my stress relievers, so I kept lurking here.

I am just happy and blissful that we have new shippers and of course the senior shippers that are making the mood here just right and over the moon. I must admit there are posts that makes this forum a bit of like a roller coaster ride and I am only human too, feeling down whenever I see that. I only have 2 tabs in my browser, corona virus updates (negative) and this BinJin shipping forum (positive) so BinJin is one of the positive in my life and reason I coped up with all the sad news about the world we live in. 

Anyway @hma .75 you rock! You said your piece like English is your native language. You write wholeheartedly and sincerely, I adore you for that! Let’s make this shipping forum lively and positive no matter what as this place is a fortress we would love to be. I really like what I read from our fellow shoppers that are positive, insightful, fun and logical. I miss the other senior shoppers too. I know they are still lurking for sure.

I would recommend for new ones to back read if time permits as you will also enjoy the previous conversations and insights especially before and when the drama was aired, I really enjoyed back reading when I got stumbled in this thread months ago. 

Let’s continue spazzing about BinJin and keep the ship sailing. In our country only grocery thrives as they are still open for business because they are essential. BinJin = grocery hahaha 

#ingrocerywetrust

• Like 4
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CH Tan said:

I am new here. About the wrap up party cake  

https://www.dramamilk.com/crash-landing-on-you-closing-party-in-korea-cake-and-setup/

Other drama used flower cake for wrap up before CLOY and it was from the same shop too .   I thought CLOY 4 tiers flower cake was a special order for BINJIN .

Can anyone distinguish the flowers used in CLOY Wrap-up party cake? Is one called ranunculus?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

I had to say the above not to discourage or be disrespectul to anyone. It's just in shipping a couple, you're bound to encounter rough seas. You may even have to wade through information and pick what fits your preferred narrative. It's up to you if you want to jump ship at the first encounter of an iceberg or if you wish to stay.

So why am I here? Well, I can't claim to know anything substantial. I'm fairly new to SYJ and HB. All I can say is, while I do like to entertain fantasies in my head about them, the staying power of this ship in me is based on the following:

1. HB's displays and gazes of affection for SYJ that have easily been dissected and compared against his usual interaction with past female co-stars.:wub:

2. Her seven consecutive posts of him on Instagram when one, two, even four consecutive posts would have sufficed in promotions. --- Neither my male nor my female bestfriend, not even my husband, had that much from me on social media. Lol

3. Los Angeles... no further explanation, there!;)

4. The agencies' denials that are comical at best when it came down to how they are worded. --- By profession, I used to be a writer for a magazine and a communications trainer. My dad also worked as a PR guy so I can say, for sure, at least when it came to the grocery shopping rumors, that is certainly NOT how you word a denial.

5. BinJin's "non-denial denial" during the CLOY presscon. I'm sure you've all heard and seen/read their, ehem, personal statements.:D

6. The battles (his agency) picked when it came to striving to quash rumors...

As for #6, maybe it's just me and my background but I guess I was never really used to managers or agencies having or needing to consider legal actions for rumors unless they are clearly defamatory. A marriage rumor may, to some extent, be defamatory, but a break-up rumor? This one's in reference to news reports of V@st supposedly considering legal action against those who propagated the "marriage and break-up rumors".

In closing, I do take things with a grain of salt as the truth comes in two forms... the full story of which is only known to SYJ and HB and the truth based on a limited number of things the storyteller is allowed or approved to say by the powers-that-be.

Very well said!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Walk Kindly said:

@Drac07 did you mean this video?

Thanks Walk Kindly! That's the one. Someone might have pointed out, these may have been taken out of context because some said SYJ actually pulled out her hand rather quickly once she realized it. But HB's hand action is still OMG moment! :)

So, how about next one, the ones from IG binnie_jinnie1982/binjinsyndrome. Regarding #binjin exchanging and conversing using emojis during Kakaotalk? There are hundreds of messages and emojis, but I think they filtered out the emojis used by #binjin based on the emojis' background which is the recording room they were in?

Have fun scrutinizing!

• LOL 3

i really eager to write a long post too.. :D but always ended up lazy because a lot of things that i want to say almost has discusses on this forum. But when i thought about the discuss lately, if i had doubt about this ship, or thought about why i should really spend too much time on this forum rather than finish my journal submission? i always ended up battle with my mind

if this two beautiful people not having a special relation, why a shy introvert like Hyun Bin oppa give that sweet gaze to Yejin Unnie that dearly? If i was Yejin Unnie, despite HB oppa is a handsome gentleman, i should be annoyed by the stare except if i had the same feeling too.. even if i had a guy friends, i will never stare that long and lovingly like these two has show.. Or if that was a fan service for promotion needs, i dare if they wanna take a risk of their career for just make people had a speculation about their relationship except that loving gaze is a unconciously gesture when you're in love and near someone you love.

actually, i believe eyes is door of heart and soul, thats why the wide open eyes on their gaze and the sparkling eyes they had when see each other always tied up my strong sail of this ship. Behind all the fact they meet and doing a sweet grocery shopping together, intimate CLOY BTS, TN director who can't stop himself spoil something, and the real time connection between CLOY and this two current situation on CLOY scene really hard to refuse, If theres no something between them, they should not put a lot of "the same situation" between reel and real if they're don't wanna take a risk. Seing how confidence the writer and our couple spoil it on the drama, really a brave move that make me reminds of HB oppa reaction when the journalist ask about their relationship "We laught it off" that i thought as a sign they're actually enjoying their secret relationship without a pressure to make it official on public.

a very wise choise i thought.. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Walk Kindly said:

If theres no something between them, they should not put a lot of "the same situation" between reel and real if they're don't wanna take a risk. Seing how confidence the writer and our couple spoil it on the drama, really a brave move that make me reminds of HB oppa reaction when the journalist ask about their relationship "We laught it off" that i thought as a sign they're actually enjoying their secret relationship without a pressure to make it official on public.

a very wise choise i thought.. 

And the fact that Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri's love story in CLOY is considered a secret romance when it feels like not in the series makes it more real than reel. The storyline feels like it is written based on their life and love story, the scenarios have similarities in the rumors they have and a lot more.

CLOY feels like a confession. We don't need to analyse thoroughly or debate about it, it's CLEAR AS A DAY.

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2020 at 9:17 PM, M C said:

The instagram post that has been removed that has a caption:

"That's it! Look how he treat his cLOsE FrieND 

Do you know what it is? 

Thanks in advance :)

Oh, sorry. I don't remember the caption. But the post that I found deleted is the pic of an article with the translation. Is that what you're looking for?

1 hour ago, Walk Kindly said:

If i was Yejin Unnie, despite HB oppa is a handsome gentleman, i should be annoyed by the stare except if i had the same feeling too.. even if i had a guy friends, i will never stare that long and lovingly like these two has show..

If you ask me I don't have problem with people giving me sweet stares and honey dripping eyes.......As long as they are from my crush and I secretly want him to steal glances at me too.:phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

23 hours ago, boonieyo said:

I would like to clarify some things. It's good to hype things up but not good if you are saying too many untrue things.

1. I don't think you have any idea how big some other Kdramas are. CLOY are little in comparison to Kdramas such as MLFTS, Goblin, DOTS and older ones such as Dae Jang Gum, Winter Sonata, BOF, Full House. These Kdramas are definition of cultural phenoms, which CLOY cannot be due to the conflicting state between SK and NK and it's okay. Because of the conflict, SK cannot ride on CLOY at all for tourist sites and etc. Someone also said that CLOY was in top 3 in all streaming platforms in the US. I'd like to clarify that it is not true. Streaming platforms are available all around the world, and one of the list that someone brought up should include all countries around the world.

20 hours ago, boonieyo said:

No. I was there and I witnessed how big these Kdramas were. Those Kdramas got intense media coverage everywhere. Have you seen DOTS or MLFTS or SG and how big they were? The media coverage that those dramas got was a lot more intense than CLOY had believe me I saw it first hand. Those shows were imitated everywhere by Korean shows and common people. Example: SG with the sit-up scene; DOTS with that flipping cellphone scene; MLFTS for JJH fashion and CSY character. Have you seen how intense the attention DJG got? That Kdrama was bought by more than 100 countries for broadcasting rights and also at the same time doubled their viewership ratings. It single-handedly skyrocketed LYA into a Hallyu legend like Winter Sonata with BYJ. 

Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding CLOY and other Kdramas. 

I just think though that you are downplaying the success of CLOY.  I would rather believe these numbers  (see pic below)  than your opinion.  (Numbers don't lie)  The fact that DOTS and Goblin aired years ago but still the number of people who rated or commented on those shows are way less as compared to CLOY is one of the many OBJECTIVE evidences that CLOY skyrocketed to the top. And let us not forget other facts:

a. 2nd highest rated Korean cable drama to date  (despite the very sensitive topic it covered namely NK-SK conflict)

b. still one of the most watched  Netflix show even after months since the finale

c. the international attention as evidenced by articles and reviews  (please google them because they're way too many to place in here )

IMG-7515-1.jpg

Also, you mentioned that those older Kdramas were imitated everywhere.. the scenes, etc..... I would like to remind you that those dramas were aired years ago and CLOY just ended two months ago. But despite airing just months ago,  many people, even celebrities, photoshop their faces on the BinJin pictures. Many people started cultivating plants and saying 10 nice things every single day. Give it a few years and i am sure many will recreate CLOY scenes such as  the scented candle scene among others! 

P.S. I would not have replied in your original post but since you posted several times it appeared that you are on a mission of  devaluing the product of love of BinJin. And that is not okay in this SHIPPING forum. 

• Like 9
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, Drac07 said:

A lurker here, having CLOY fever, intrigued by #binjin, accessing all sort images/videos/updates/discussions available there on the internet regarding #binjin.

CLOY is the first K-drama that got me hooked from the first episode, binge-watching till the end. The rest of K-dramas, while very popular in my country, I just cannot go with them. But I love Korean movies though. That's where I knew Son Ye Jin all these years because her movies cemented in my heart.

What am I babbling? Guys, I keep refreshing this forum for the last 24 hours, but the discussion is on which drama is more popular? Just let it go, only time will tell. But the thing is, I don't know how to attach but have you guys access the IG account owned by crazylittlething218? The latest post, don't you want to discuss it? Keen on hearing your feedback regarding the vid, avid shippers! (Or did you guys already discussed this before? Sorry in advance)

P/s: somewhere up above, a said statement made by supposedly HB's close aide, dampened my spirit a bit. But guys, come on, shippers' paradise mode on please!

Must have missed the reference by HB'd close aide, can you provide the reference? 

• Like 1